Crews For Tanks I Don't Own

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Xephon_ #1 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 00:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 41 battles
Hi, I just started playing WOT on PC not too long ago. I played a few games in tier 1, purchased a tier 2 tank and now I'm going to sell my tier 1 tank. The thing is I can't because I don't have enough space in my barracks. I checked it and for some reason I have tons of crew, including for tanks I don't own like the T57 Heavy, IS-7, and B-C 25 t which after checking the tech tree are tier 10 tanks. I did make my account a few years ago but I never played but one or two battles. Why do I have these crew and should I dismiss them to make room?

Black_Hawk70 #2 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 00:17

Captain

• Players
  • 29414 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostXephon_, on Jan 29 2019 - 18:11, said:

Hi, I just started playing WOT on PC not too long ago. I played a few games in tier 1, purchased a tier 2 tank and now I'm going to sell my tier 1 tank. The thing is I can't because I don't have enough space in my barracks. I checked it and for some reason I have tons of crew, including for tanks I don't own like the T57 Heavy, IS-7, and B-C 25 t which after checking the tech tree are tier 10 tanks. I did make my account a few years ago but I never played but one or two battles. Why do I have these crew and should I dismiss them to make room?

Check the crews... If they are 100% crews, then they are worth holding on to. You  can retrain them into the tank you are playing. If not... just dismiss them.

Xephon_ #3 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 00:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 41 battles

View PostBlack_Hawk70, on Jan 30 2019 - 00:17, said:

Check the crews... If they are 100% crews, then they are worth holding on to. You  can retrain them into the tank you are playing. If not... just dismiss them.

Ok, but if I retraining them they go back down to 60% so what's the point of keeping them?

cavalry11 #4 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 00:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50918 battles
  • [APG] APG

no they don't

Xephon_ #5 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 01:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 41 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Jan 30 2019 - 00:56, said:

no they don't

That doesn't explain anything. Could you elaborate?

When I move the 100% T57 crew (which I have no idea why I have one) to my T2 Medium the crew's names go red and training goes down to 50%. After playing a battle it looks like they don't earn experience. Black_Hawk70 said I should retrain them, but when I go to the crew's training tab my options are to train them to 60% for free or 80% for 20,000 silver. I can't do 100% because I have no gold.

Edited by Xephon_, Jan 30 2019 - 01:24.

Projectile_Misfired #6 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 01:18

Major

• Players
  • 38809 battles

Since your account has been around for a while, do you have any "rental" tanks?

If so, do they have any crews in them? If not, you can move some of your overflow from the barracks into the empty rental tanks.

Xephon_ #7 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 01:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 41 battles

View PostPanman69, on Jan 30 2019 - 01:18, said:

Since your account has been around for a while, do you have any "rental" tanks?

If so, do they have any crews in them? If not, you can move some of your overflow from the barracks into the empty rental tanks.

Unfortunately not. I have each of the tier 1 tanks which came with 100% crews, and a T2 medium. That's it.

Edited by Xephon_, Jan 30 2019 - 01:31.

Karl__Childers #8 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 02:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13146 battles

View PostXephon_, on Jan 29 2019 - 19:24, said:

Unfortunately not. I have each of the tier 1 tanks which came with 100% crews, and a T2 medium. That's it.

The rental tanks are where the crews came from. WG gives out rentals for a period of time then removes them and does the same for certain events. You generally get to keep the crews when they do that. That's why they're in your barracks.

It's up to you as to whether to keep the crews, they can be useful later although you would need gold to train them to 100% like you said.

You can keep all the tier 1 tanks to store crews in, you don't get anything for them.

However then garage space becomes an issue.

Kind of rough with no gold when new.  WG used to give gold for updating / changing your password  but not sure if they do it still or not.

So I'd probably get rid of those crews, by the time you need them WG will have most likely given rentals and crews again and maybe they'd be useful to you later...

Edited by Karl__Childers, Jan 30 2019 - 02:06.

Xephon_ #9 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 02:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 41 battles

View PostKarl__Childers, on Jan 30 2019 - 02:05, said:

The rental tanks are where the crews came from. WG gives out rentals for a period of time then removes them and does the same for certain events. You generally get to keep the crews when they do that. That's why they're in your barracks.

It's up to you as to whether to keep the crews, they can be useful later although you would need gold to train them to 100% like you said.

You can keep all the tier 1 tanks to store crews in, you don't get anything for them.

However then garage space becomes an issue.

Kind of rough with no gold when new.  WG used to give gold for updating / changing your password  but not sure if they do it still or not.

So I'd probably get rid of those crews, by the time you need them WG will have most likely given rentals and crews again and maybe they'd be useful to you later...

Makes sense. I will do that. Thanks!

3BAC #10 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 03:14

Major

• Players
  • 69110 battles

View PostXephon_, on Jan 30 2019 - 01:08, said:

Makes sense. I will do that. Thanks!

Agreed, get rid of the crews. Unless you are going to start a new crew in those tanks, they are worthless. Frankly, I don't know anyone that would do well in a Tier 10 tank with a no skill crew.

IF you are going to retrain a "100%" trained crewman from another tank into a new line, you're just as good starting with a fresh recruit. The training cost will be the same, or less.

dunniteowl #11 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 03:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Read this:  Global Wiki -- Crew

If you plan on keeping a crew that is at 100% and retrain to another tank, the "penalty" is 10% for the same class of tank and 20% for a different class of tank.

This is easier to understand when you say:  Training a Crew Member from a Light Tank for example, to another Light Tank for credits, (use Regimental Training at 20K credits) you will end up with a Crew Member at 90% qualification (their primary capability for the Tank, not Skills or Perks).  This is Better all the way around than getting a new 75% Crew to train up.

If you take a Crew Member from a Light Tank to any other kind of tank, say a Light Tank to a Medium Tank, the penalty is 20%.  This is STILL BETTER than starting with a 75% crew and starting with a 50% Free Crew, (and this is coming from a Free To Play Pubbie all the way) is INSANE.

If your crew sitting in the barracks have Skills or Perks in place already, then this is WAY BETTER to retrain them than it is to dismiss them.  ALWAYS.  If your crew is not at 100% and are less than 80% to start with, then you should just get a brand new crew IF they do not have any Skills or Perks trained up or on their way.

The reason is that, what really happens with Crew Retraining NOT using Gold:  The Crew Member getting Regimental Training (20K credits) receives 90% of their effective qualification (or 75%, whichever is greater) going from the Same Class to the Same Class.  This means being retrained to another tank of the same type, they will go from 100% to 90%.  If you have a 90% crew and retrain them, you will get 90% of 90%, which works out to 81%, which is better than a Standard 75% Regimental New Crew Member.

Going to a Different Class, the Crew Member gets 80% of thier effective current qualification (or 75%, whichever is greater).  So, if you have a 90% crew and retrain to a different class, you will get 80% of 90%, which works out to 72% Effective Level qualification, which is not as good as a 75% crew.

Hope that is helpful.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users