Amending the installation directory for WoT on Mac?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jspectral #1 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 01:37

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 2135 battles

So I have a new Mac I'm looking to install WoT on, but given the game is massive compared to my small HDD (84Gb free memory total) I can't fit it on the hard-drive.

I'd like to install it on an external HDD, especially as I don't know how often I'll actually get to play the game. I found this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=Uhuses76-Sc which seemed like exactly what I needed.

The problem is that video is clearly outdated, and the lines for the installation folder in wot.sh don't match up with those in the video.

Can anyone point out how I actually go about changing the install path on a Mac?

Many thanks.

Troner_NA #2 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 08:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Hello,

I may have found a solution to address this issue. I'm trying to install both WoWs and WoT because I'm leaving my pc for two months. Now when I've tried to install WoT and change the directory, didn't work. So I've thought, let's try maybe WoWs, at least one game, huh? :teethhappy:

So I went to WoWs, checked macos forum and here I've found this: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/80899-wows-mac-wrapper-bugs-and-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4547530

The main thing with WoWs Wrapper is that it uses the Game Center. So, you download the game center, following the link I've just provided, and then when you install the game, you just easily and simply change directory. I should add that, I've played only one game of World of Tanks, and haven't installed WoWs yet. WoT seems to be stable, but you never know.

If you haven't gone anywhere, give it a shot.

Best,

Troner

black_colt #3 Posted Jun 27 2019 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 4135 battles

View PostTroner_NA, on Jun 26 2019 - 23:08, said:

Hello,

I may have found a solution to address this issue. I'm trying to install both WoWs and WoT because I'm leaving my pc for two months. Now when I've tried to install WoT and change the directory, didn't work. So I've thought, let's try maybe WoWs, at least one game, huh? :teethhappy:

So I went to WoWs, checked macos forum and here I've found this: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/80899-wows-mac-wrapper-bugs-and-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4547530

The main thing with WoWs Wrapper is that it uses the Game Center. So, you download the game center, following the link I've just provided, and then when you install the game, you just easily and simply change directory. I should add that, I've played only one game of World of Tanks, and haven't installed WoWs yet. WoT seems to be stable, but you never know.

If you haven't gone anywhere, give it a shot.

Best,

Troner

This may not work since the WoT Game Center Mac Wrapper now stores its files in a completely different directory than the WoT Mac Wrapper.

dstud208

I believe that you addressed this years ago - perhaps you can assist?

Troner_NA #4 Posted Jun 28 2019 - 23:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 27 2019 - 21:41, said:

This may not work since the WoT Game Center Mac Wrapper now stores its files in a completely different directory than the WoT Mac Wrapper.

dstud208

I believe that you addressed this years ago - perhaps you can assist?

Okay, yes, the game center is on your Mac, but the games' directory can be changed which I've thought that was the question. I may have misunderstood.

I have just done it, like before yesterday or so, I can surely assist! :)

Edited by Troner_NA, Jun 28 2019 - 23:06.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users