Jump to content


Jan 2019 Scavenger Hunt and info on Feb hunt

thread consolidation

  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

GAJohnnie #1 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 15:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Currently we have multiple threads going with bits of info all over the place. here is one consolidated thread with all the current info.

 

1st the post by Domo explaing what is going on

 

Update for everyone:

Sorry for not getting to this thread sooner. Had some logistic problems getting the Scavenger hunt approved and codes working.  

All rewards for this month's scavenger hunt will go out between Feb 1st -8th, depending when you log in. They credit a token to your account that will trigger a mission on the backend, which will award you 9 Boosters up to 4 times ( Same boosters as last month, 1 set for CC codes, 1 set for Website/News Portal Code, and 1 set for Social Media code.) and award you a x5 XP multiplier for your second win in each tank, on the first day that you login, assuming you collect all 4 sets of codes.

Currently, only CC codes have gone out. You might want to keep an eye on our social media pages, news articles, and Youtube Channel this week, though! 

Next month's Scavenger Hunt is going to be different. We will have an article going up today or tomorrow with all the details, but essentially it's going to work like this: There will be 28 codes (one for each day), each awarding the same amount of boosters as previous Scavenger Hunt codes. Each Code will be active for a short window of 48 hours. Every Day, our Community Contributors will be sharing these codes, but here's the catch: We're only going to announce what channel you should watch first. (That's going to be XanderP(still confirming the time he will be streaming on February 1st, will be included in the article) Xander will drop his code on stream, and let you know who you should watch the next day (and at what time) for the next code. 


There will be multiple levels of rewards, based on how many total codes you collect. So not only do you have the potential to earn a ridiculous amount of Boosters, you can get some sweet extra prizes along the way

 

Here is an excellent write up by Wot Guru explaining how the current Jan 2019  Scavenger hunt works.

 

https://wotguru.com/...scavenger-hunt/

 

Here is a list of the Community Contributor codes to get started. Only need to enter one of these codes.

 

Hat tip to TapSki for the original posting of these codes here http://forum.worldof..._st__20#topmost

 

Scavenger hunt Bonus Codes (called Booster Codes now)
   January

Booster Code #1 CC name + NY19 (can use only one)
  ⦁ CLAUSNY19
  ⦁ 4TANKNY19   *verified
  ⦁ MENZNY19    *verified
  ⦁ GUIDONY19  *verified

Booster Code #2  on  WoT NA Website  ??

Booster Code #3  on  WoT NA Social Media  ??
Booster Code #4  on  WoT Weekly / YouTube  ??  

 

 

 

 


Edited by GAJohnnie, Jan 30 2019 - 15:30.


Garandster #2 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 16:51

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5913 battles
  • 988
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018
TAUGRIMNY19 should work, that's what I entered and it accepted it.

GAJohnnie #3 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 17:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostGarandster, on Jan 30 2019 - 10:51, said:

TAUGRIMNY19 should work, that's what I entered and it accepted it.

 

Thank you.

GAJohnnie #4 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 17:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Need some smart people to help. I went thur the Wot News and if there is a code there I cannot figure it out

FrozenKemp #5 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 19:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 52433 battles
  • 9,558
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Is it possible the second code isn't released yet? 

Garandster #6 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 19:49

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5913 battles
  • 988
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018
As far as I know none of the other codes are out. They should have one on twitter, one in a news article, and one in WoT weekly on YouTube.

GAJohnnie #7 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 19:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 30 2019 - 13:41, said:

Is it possible the second code isn't released yet? 

 

Yes that is another possibility,. Since WOT weekly posts Friday, I expect them to have a code there. However it seems odd to shoot them all out on Friday instead of dribbling 1 or 2 out sooner like they did the CC codes

Edited by GAJohnnie, Jan 30 2019 - 19:59.


mongoosejake #8 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 10:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 36273 battles
  • 5,332
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    11-02-2012
Thanks for putting this altogether in one place for those of us having to pull 12-16 hour shifts (that's me for the past few months). Helps a ton!

DEADTIME #9 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 12:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13310 battles
  • 616
  • [BETAS] BETAS
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
Thank you much.

UnturnedLeaf #10 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 13:47

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 28759 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

i've become convinced that half of the WG has no clue what the other half is doing. this is only one reason that i've decided to just ignore their silly, poorly-executed Scavenger Hunts. in addition, perhaps there are people that don't want anything to do with Twitter, Facebook, etc

 

in the meantime, i wish you all luck. things like this should be FUN not aggravating.



GAJohnnie #11 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 16:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
So far no luck turning up additional codes.

Moridin_707 #12 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 00:56

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19887 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    04-26-2015

I bet BIGWHEELS is going to be a code. It is not yet, however...

 

https://worldoftanks...-improved-0119/



Tap_Ski #13 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 05:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 18190 battles
  • 36
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-
  • Member since:
    07-21-2013

View PostMoridin_707, on Feb 01 2019 - 00:56, said:

I bet BIGWHEELS is going to be a code. It is not yet, however...

 

https://worldoftanks...-improved-0119/

 

yea, that's my thinking also. I tried it to no avail … sooo maybe tomorrow when the WoT Weekly code comes out :)

 



GAJohnnie #14 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 12:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostMoridin_707, on Jan 31 2019 - 18:56, said:

I bet BIGWHEELS is going to be a code. It is not yet, however...

 

https://worldoftanks...-improved-0119/

 

Hat Tip to Moridin. BIGWHEELS just works as a code for me.

View PostGAJohnnie, on Jan 30 2019 - 09:28, said:

Currently we have multiple threads going with bits of info all over the place. here is one consolidated thread with all the current info.

 

1st the post by Domo explaing what is going on

 

Update for everyone:

Sorry for not getting to this thread sooner. Had some logistic problems getting the Scavenger hunt approved and codes working.  

All rewards for this month's scavenger hunt will go out between Feb 1st -8th, depending when you log in. They credit a token to your account that will trigger a mission on the backend, which will award you 9 Boosters up to 4 times ( Same boosters as last month, 1 set for CC codes, 1 set for Website/News Portal Code, and 1 set for Social Media code.) and award you a x5 XP multiplier for your second win in each tank, on the first day that you login, assuming you collect all 4 sets of codes.

Currently, only CC codes have gone out. You might want to keep an eye on our social media pages, news articles, and Youtube Channel this week, though! 

Next month's Scavenger Hunt is going to be different. We will have an article going up today or tomorrow with all the details, but essentially it's going to work like this: There will be 28 codes (one for each day), each awarding the same amount of boosters as previous Scavenger Hunt codes. Each Code will be active for a short window of 48 hours. Every Day, our Community Contributors will be sharing these codes, but here's the catch: We're only going to announce what channel you should watch first. (That's going to be XanderP(still confirming the time he will be streaming on February 1st, will be included in the article) Xander will drop his code on stream, and let you know who you should watch the next day (and at what time) for the next code. 


There will be multiple levels of rewards, based on how many total codes you collect. So not only do you have the potential to earn a ridiculous amount of Boosters, you can get some sweet extra prizes along the way

 

Here is an excellent write up by Wot Guru explaining how the current Jan 2019  Scavenger hunt works.

 

https://wotguru.com/...scavenger-hunt/

 

Here is a list of the Community Contributor codes to get started. Only need to enter one of these codes.

 

Hat tip to TapSki for the original posting of these codes here http://forum.worldof..._st__20#topmost

 

Scavenger hunt Bonus Codes (called Booster Codes now)
   January

Booster Code #1 CC name + NY19 (can use only one)
  ⦁ CLAUSNY19
  ⦁ 4TANKNY19   *verified
  ⦁ MENZNY19    *verified
  ⦁ GUIDONY19  *verified

Booster Code #2  on  WoT NA Website  ??

Booster Code #3  on  WoT NA Social Media  ??
Booster Code #4  on  WoT Weekly / YouTube  ??  

 

 

 

 

 

BIGWHEELS is the WOT NA Website code

UnturnedLeaf #15 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 13:37

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 28759 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

following this thread, or should i say "trying" to follow this thread was both amusing and a bit sad. in typical WG fashion, their methods seem to drive everyone into snark contests with one another. lol

 

further, i read through practically all the posts and didn't really come away with any clarity. actually more confused than when i began. as i said earlier, it's easy to see how the WG people don't communicate very well in-house. 

 

I'm not sure i would recognize a "code" if i tripped across it, or know what to do with it when i did. and what to expect after redeeming it. sounds more aggravating than fun. which defines our game so often!!



RBSPWAW #16 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 13:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31319 battles
  • 166
  • [SPWAW] SPWAW
  • Member since:
    11-25-2011

View PostGAJohnnie, on Feb 01 2019 - 06:38, said:

 

Hat Tip to Moridin. BIGWHEELS just works as a code for me.

 

BIGWHEELS is the WOT NA Website code

Worked for me



GAJohnnie #17 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 13:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Wot weekly comes out at 1pm today so I expect the Youtube code there. That only leaves the social media code to find. So far no joy there.

GAJohnnie #18 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 13:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Update on the Hunt from Wot Guru's website.

 

https://wotguru.com/...scavenger-hunt/

 

***Article updated with new info on January Scavenger hunt****

Some details changed on when rewards go live (now Feb 6th was Feb 1st) and specific rewards from the event

Hi everyone! Back with another scavenger hunt for the end of January into early February. Wargaming NA is running a scavenger hunt for the NA server where you can redeem 4 booster codes and receive boosters, premium consumables, and 30,000 experience applied to one tank along with a boat load of premium consumables.

For each booster code(there are 4 in total) you redeem you are rewarded with 9 personal boosters / reserves starting February 6th. If you redeem all four codes you will get an additional reward. 30,000 experience on one tank of your choosing and a ton of premium consumables! Please read below to understand exactly how the scavenger hunt, tokens, and 30,000 experience works. Keep in mind that entering any code for this January scavenger hunt will not give you any boosters, 30k experience to use until February 6th when the rewards go li



GAJohnnie #19 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 14:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 10519 battles
  • 9,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Feb 01 2019 - 07:37, said:

following this thread, or should i say "trying" to follow this thread was both amusing and a bit sad. in typical WG fashion, their methods seem to drive everyone into snark contests with one another. lol

 

further, i read through practically all the posts and didn't really come away with any clarity. actually more confused than when i began. as i said earlier, it's easy to see how the WG people don't communicate very well in-house. 

 

I'm not sure i would recognize a "code" if i tripped across it, or know what to do with it when i did. and what to expect after redeeming it. sounds more aggravating than fun. which defines our game so often!!

 

I agree about the snarkiness on the threads. Really uncalled for. However I not sure WG is totally to blame. it looks like Wot Guru mabye made the initial announcement about the Scavenger hunt  on his website prematurely.

UnturnedLeaf #20 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 14:38

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 28759 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View PostGAJohnnie, on Feb 01 2019 - 07:30, said:

 

I agree about the snarkiness on the threads. Really uncalled for. However I not sure WG is totally to blame. it looks like Wot Guru mabye made the initial announcement about the Scavenger hunt  on his website prematurely.

 

Thanks GA Johnnie, i sometimes think i'm losing what's left of my mind trying to decipher what comes from the WG folks. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users