Confused

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Chisanbop #1 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 17:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6996 battles

So I am really confused with the relationship between the personal rating system and the personal feeling I have for the tanks that reflect my rating. I have like one favorite actual tank in WOT; the Valentine II. I love playing it, I feel like I do really good in it, but the rating system says other wise. I have the KV-1, personal rating system says I do better in it, but I do not like playing it? It’s not just these two tanks either, but 90% of the tanks I have experience in. Out of frustration regardless to my personal rating (using my actual tank playing experience to help me understand what is going to happen on the minimap during battles )I play SPG’s. I have all five nations tier 6 SPG’s and the 105 LeFH18B2 and that’s my love for the game. Like the Valentine II, my rating says all kinds of nasty about me as a SPG player. I do things in my SPG’s that blow me away. I can one shot those scouts that are zooming across the map. I can go TD style when that time comes and survive sometimes. I can stun like crazy to help team mates during their fights. I can focus fire on individual spotted tanks when not assisting team mates. Sometimes I can even spot when playing 105 LeFH18B2. I mean that thing has better VR than some light and medium tanks. Last minute things that I try to do to swing a losing match to a maybe won match. I counter other teams SPG’s when nothing is happening my teams side. I tell everyone I suck, because the rating system says I do. 

Is this how it is suppose to be? Is it a guessing game? Really confusing.

Edited by Thirty_BR, Jan 30 2019 - 17:59.

__WarChild__ #2 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 17:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 37372 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostThirty_BR, on Jan 30 2019 - 10:46, said:

So I am really confused with the relationship between the personal rating system and the personal feeling I have for the tanks that reflect my rating. I have like one favorite actual tank in WOT; the Valentine II. I love playing it, I feel like I do really good in it, but the rating system says other wise. I have the KV-1, personal rating system says I do better in it, but I do not like playing it? It’s not just these two tanks, but 90% of the tanks I have experience in. Out of frustration regardless to my personal rating (using my actual tank playing experience to help me understand what is going to happen on the minimap during battles )I play SPG’s. I have all five nations tier 6 SPG’s and the 105 LeFH18B2 and that’s my love for the game. Like the Valentine II, my rating says all kinds of nasty about me as a SPG player. 

Is this how it is suppose to be? Or no? I do not get it.

First off, by professing your love for artillery, be prepared for some not so cordial responses in here.

Second, if you are having fun in a tank and playing the game, then why worry about your stats or your personal rating? - no one cares except you.

Third, don't ever let stats or winrates ruin your personal enjoyment of a tank.  I play the Super Conq really well, but I lose more than I win in it - no one cares, especially me.

Lastly, just enjoy the game and don't get wrapped up in the numbers.  At least 1/4 of my games are played by my kids/nephew and they mess my stats up something fierce - but they have a total blast shooting things, listening to the sounds, watching the graphics, etc.  Can't put a price on that.

Chisanbop #3 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 18:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6996 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jan 30 2019 - 17:54, said:

First off, by professing your love for artillery, be prepared for some not so cordial responses in here.

Second, if you are having fun in a tank and playing the game, then why worry about your stats or your personal rating? - no one cares except you.

Third, don't ever let stats or winrates ruin your personal enjoyment of a tank.  I play the Super Conq really well, but I lose more than I win in it - no one cares, especially me.

Lastly, just enjoy the game and don't get wrapped up in the numbers.  At least 1/4 of my games are played by my kids/nephew and they mess my stats up something fierce - but they have a total blast shooting things, listening to the sounds, watching the graphics, etc.  Can't put a price on that.

Well  thank you and AMEN!

My 12 year old decided to target practice on my team mates. Got me banned for like 9 days. Had to open another account...LOL.

Yeah, I play SPG’s, because its not because I do not know how to play other tanks, but because I truly do love playing SPG’s. 

For the most part the rating does not frustrate me so much, only when blatantly told so in battle chat that I suck...lol

Devildog8 #4 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 12304 battles
  • [SPDES] SPDES

View Post__WarChild__, on Jan 30 2019 - 10:54, said:

I agree with everything you said except this, No one cares? my friend I see this game and forums full of individuals that think your stats are their business.

Vava_das_SPGs #5 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 18:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 28208 battles

View PostDevildog8, on Jan 30 2019 - 14:12, said:

I agree with everything you said except this, No one cares? my friend I see this game and forums full of individuals that think your stats are their business.

It depends only by the person himself/herself.
A game should be played only for fun.

Some people turn the game into a professional run (for the money).
Others use the game to inflate the ego (having nice stats, blah, blah, blah).

It depends only the focus that you give to the game(s).

dunniteowl #6 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 20:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I can only tell you that some tanks, no matter how much you may not 'do well' in, are just More FUN to play for some reason.

I love my AT-2, as painful as it can be to pedal my way to positions and shoot a gun that, in about 80% of the cases now, since the new MM, doesn't do more than tell my opponent, "Here I am!"  Yet, I love playing it.  I do better than a 50% WR in it, so that helps, but it can be really frustrating to play at times.  Maybe it's the sheer challenge of it, I don't know.

I like SPGs.  Not more than other classes, mind you.  I do play them a lot due to my crap computer.  Even so, there are just some tanks that I want to play, no matter what.  My Jg.Pz.IV is one such unit.  Can't get it over 47% as a WR.  I don't care, I still want to play it.  Maybe, again, it's the challenge of a 'suck' unit that I am attempting to 'beat' for my own personal enjoyment of the challenge.  I don't know, I just keep playing it anyway.

If you want to use stats and metrics to improve your performance, that's great.  If not, that's great, too.  You gotta find what you like about the game and focus on that.  Let the stat shamers and haters do their thing and let that crap roll off like water on a duck's back.  That's their issue, not yours.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

__WarChild__ #7 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 20:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 37372 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostDevildog8, on Jan 30 2019 - 11:12, said:

Yes, many people are tied up in the numbers.  It is hard to explain to other people that if I cared about my numbers, then those numbers might matter.  I try to win, but if I have boosters running, family things, kids want to play, etc., my numbers go way down.  Ex.  My Somua was at 90% MOE.  I normally don't care unless I get close, but I mentioned that I was going to go for 3 marks to my nephew who plays my account.  Later that same day, I log on to play my Somua and see that I'm down to 84% because he was "trying to help me" get there. LOL.  Also, my young son has been changing my ammo loadouts to include mostly HE shells "because they make the biggest explosions, Daddy!"

So yeah, the numbers are going to mean a lot to a lot of people in here.  But for some of us, we couldn't care less.  I am having a blast and so is my family - and that's all that will ever matter to me.

Devildog8 #8 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 22:46

Major

• Players
  • 12304 battles
  • [SPDES] SPDES

View Post__WarChild__, on Jan 30 2019 - 13:53, said:

Yes, many people are tied up in the numbers.  It is hard to explain to other people that if I cared about my numbers, then those numbers might matter.  I try to win, but if I have boosters running, family things, kids want to play, etc., my numbers go way down.  Ex.  My Somua was at 90% MOE.  I normally don't care unless I get close, but I mentioned that I was going to go for 3 marks to my nephew who plays my account.  Later that same day, I log on to play my Somua and see that I'm down to 84% because he was "trying to help me" get there. LOL.  Also, my young son has been changing my ammo loadouts to include mostly HE shells "because they make the biggest explosions, Daddy!"

So yeah, the numbers are going to mean a lot to a lot of people in here.  But for some of us, we couldn't care less.  I am having a blast and so is my family - and that's all that will ever matter to me.

agreed 

Scrawnybeaver #9 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 02:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18298 battles
Yes, it is all about fun.  My favorite tank is the Crusader - it just feels right to me for some reason.  My record with it is one of my worst but so what.  It is my "make me feel good" tank when I get frustrated.  

firekitty #10 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 18:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45313 battles
  • [IMWAR] IMWAR

A few here nailed it- every one loves to see their own stats, well, " good", or improving, but personal enjoyment is the real deal. I have a lot of battles, and like some, have kids, family that also use some of my tanks. My stats are crap in many ways, but am a decent player, having played in league, able to hold a spot on the team.

There is one stat that such as wotlabs/WG cant compile, and that is my enjoyment level- Unicom in that stat lol. From the start I got totally hooked on this game, did crappy but still loved to play it. This game has a steep learning curve, constantly evolves- one of its attractions.

I am now the most confident in my play I have ever been, and started expanding the lines in garage, play some tank types have neglected in the past more often now. As I become more experienced, and better at this game, I am experiencing, learning new things. I approach playing this game in a positive way, and because of such, have positive experiences.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users