Jump to content


January & February Scavenger Hunt info/clarification


  • Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 00:43

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14825 battles
  • 1,127
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

FINAL UPDATE:

 

Hey everybody! 

Just a quick update for ya, I've posted a detailed explanation for the February Scavenger Hunt Missions in the following thread:

March Missions for February Scavenger Hunt

 

In the interest of consolidating all the various Scavenger Hunt threads, I figured it would be best to post the missions to a fresh thread. 

 

 

UPDATE 3:
 

Tankers, a few updates for you:

First off, thank you again for all your patience. I seem to finally have caught up on all the private messages I received both here and on Reddit; I've responded to everyone but if I missed your message or you're waiting for an update from me, please feel free to reply to your message so I get a notification.


All players that contacted me or Customer Support should have either been taken care of by Customer Support or added to my list for manual compensation, which will be going out by next weekend (possibly today, depending if I can get the mass invoice request submitted in time)

 

Second: There was scheduling issue on our part with 4TankersandDog's code yesterday. The code should now be live on 4TankersandDog's Youtube channel on one of his recent videos, but in case you can't find it, not to worry! I talked with the event guys and we're going to be crediting everyone who's participating in the Scavenger Hunt with credit for the February 14th Code, in addition to the February 3rd Code that dropped a day late on Cody's channels earlier this month.

 

As long as you've been participating in the Scavenger Hunt, those two codes will be freebies.

To answer questions about the format for the February Rewards: We are in the process of getting the missions & reward structure finalized, and will be posting an article next week with the relevant info. Obviously, on the execution side, there were some logistic problems with this month's Scavenger Hunt Missions so we're taking extra care to make sure everything operates as smoothly as possible next month.

 

 

UPDATE 2:

 

I have some bad news, some good news, and some more kind of bad news.

 

Bad news is that the issue is more complex than anticipated.

Good news is that the engineers are hard at work on a fix, and we've been given confirmation that the missions will be fixed and go live on Friday, February 8th, 06:00 PT | 08:00 CT | 09:00 ET

 

Sort of bad news is that it might not be possible to get the end time adjusted, so the Missions are likely to run until their original end date of 00:00 CT on Monday February 11th. We're going to do our best to push it back and extend it, but plan accordingly.

I know it's been a bumpy road, and I apologize for the additional delay; we made the decision to have them start tomorrow at 8AM since we are already past the projected start time of 8AM today and we don't want to catch anyone by surprise and make them miss out on the 30K XP Reward.

 

____

UPDATE 1: We've identified the issue with today's missions and we have contacted the Serverside Engineer team for a fix. 

The projected start time is 8:00AM CT, February 7th. We have requested that the event be extended to accommodate for the delay. 


Assuming the technical issue is more complex than anticipated, we're also looking into the possibility of simply serving your rewards via a data pull on our back end.

Tankers, 

I've got some new information for you regarding the January & February Scavenger Hunts.

 

Some of you may have noticed that January Scavenger Hunt codes seem not to be awarding anything - This is because all rewards for the Scavenger Hunt will go out via a series of hidden missions, which will be active starting February 6th, running until February 11th.

 

As a reminder, there are 4 Code sets: WoT Website/News Portal, Youtube (WoT Weekly), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter), and our Community Contributors' various Youtube/Twitch Channels and websites.


Each Code Set will award you with 1 token when redeemed, and the token will give you the following hidden mission when you log in between February 6th - 11th.

 

Mission 1: Play a battle and place in the top 10 XP Earners on your team.
Reward: 

3x EXP Booster 50% 1 Hour

3x Crew EXP Booster 100% 1 Hour

3x Credit Booster 50% 1 Hour

 

Can be completed up to 4 times, once per token.

If you collect all 4 tokens, you will also receive the following mission:

Mission 2: Play 2 battles, placing in the top 10 XP earners on your team.

Reward:

  • 30,000 XP, applied to the vehicle used to complete the second battle
  • 3 of each nation's food consumable


This missions are not repeatable on each tank. Once you complete mission 1 all 4 times, and mission 2 once, you're done with the missions. 
To clarify, Mission 2 will be triggered the second time you place in the top 10 XP earners that day. After you complete Mission 2, you should still be able to complete Mission 1 another two times, for a total of 4 completions!

 

(Assuming you place in the top 10 XP earners on your team in your first 4 battles for the day - Battle 1: Mission 1, Battle 2: Missions 1 and 2, Battle 3: Mission 1, Battle 4: Mission 1 - You will want to pick a specific vehicle to use when you try for the 30K XP because once it's applied, Customer Support has no way of moving this to a different vehicle.)

 

The February Scavenger Hunt is going to be a little bit different. February is going to be all about our Community Contributors! During every day in February, one of our Community Contributors will be dropping a new bonus code on their channel. Each of the codes will award you with the same Boosters as before, and you can collect up to 28 Bonus Codes during the Month, earning extra rewards based on the total number of Scavenger Hunt codes you redeem in February – the more codes you redeem, the more extra prizes you will earn.

Here’s the catch: We’re only going to reveal the first Contributor you should tune into, and each code will only be active for 48 hours! It’s up to you to stay up to date and tune in to the right Contributors every day at the right time and stick around for their code.

So how do you get started? XanderP will be kicking off the February Scavenger Hunt Tomorrow,  February 1st, at 10AM CT.

He will be sharing his code on his Twitch Channel (Twitch.tv/XanderPTV), as well as his Facebook Community, World of Tanks International(https://www.facebook.com/groups/wotinternational/). If you can’t tune in at 10AM, Xander’s got you covered – the code (as well as information on who you need to watch next) will be visible somewhere on his Channel all day. You need to redeem the code before February 3rd at 00:00 CT.

The next code will go out on February 2nd, and will be active until February 4th at 00:00 CT. The remaining codes will go out during the rest of the month with according to the same release format and timing.

 

 

 

View Postpickpocket293, on Feb 01 2019 - 00:20, said:

 Why are these missions so complicated? 

 

It's sort of a home-grown workaround using tokens and bonus codes rather than being built in as a full event, so it's a bit wonky.

I know the explanation is kind of confusing. Just think of it like this.

Redeem the "January" codes (BIGWHEELS is one of them, bug your favorite Community Contributor for their code, check our social media and Youtube for the other codes, they're all up) 

  • For every code you redeem, you'll get a Token that allows you to complete Mission 1 (once per token).
  • If you get 4 Tokens, after you Complete Mission 1 one time, you will get a Super-TokenThe Super-Token will unlock Mission 2.
  • At this point, you'll want to play the tank that should get the 30K XP.
  • Assuming you place in the Top 10 again, you will complete Mission 1 and Mission 2. You'll get the boosters for Mission 1 and the XP/Food for Mission 2.
  • Afterwards, you'll still be able to complete Mission 1 two more times.

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 31 2019 - 19:03, said:

Seriously I am more confused than before.  February seems fairly straightforward.  But what January scavenger hunt codes - I check the forum every day and I don't remember anyone even mentioning any.  When is the last date one can even enter these codes - is/was it today, Jan 31? 

 

I know it's kinda dumb that most of the codes are dropping at the end of the month. Without going into too many boring details, there was some back and forth about prizing and by the time everything got sorted, the January Plan was pretty much set in stone. The workaround is to have the missions start at the beginning of this month. It's honestly my fault for not getting the ball rolling on the project sooner. 

This month will be cool, though. You can get an absolutely ridiculous amount of boosters if you get all the codes in February. XanderP has the code up on his channels and he will be doing another code drop later this month as well so make sure you give him a follow!
 


Edited by DomoSapien, Feb 27 2019 - 23:36.


The_Diadect #2 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 01:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15616 battles
  • 562
  • Member since:
    10-18-2013

30K XP? Thats massive! Thanks wg dudes! I might actually finish my t62 grind at this rate!

 

inb4 t62 is the worst of the russian meds, idc



GenPanzer #3 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 01:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 44830 battles
  • 3,734
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

Jesus, can this be any more convoluted?!



FrozenKemp #4 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 53381 battles
  • 9,841
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Seriously I am more confused than before.  February seems fairly straightforward.  But what January scavenger hunt codes - I check the forum every day and I don't remember anyone even mentioning any.  When is the last date one can even enter these codes - is/was it today, Jan 31? 

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 03:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 72483 battles
  • 21,951
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 31 2019 - 20:03, said:

Seriously I am more confused than before.  February seems fairly straightforward.  But what January scavenger hunt codes - I check the forum every day and I don't remember anyone even mentioning any.  When is the last date one can even enter these codes - is/was it today, Jan 31? 

 

 

There's some CC codes that have been out for a few days.

 

Here's a thread compiling some of them, http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/597004-jan-2019-scavenger-hunt-and-info-on-feb-hunt/

 

And another, http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/596658-scavenger-hunt-back/#topmost



tod914 #6 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 03:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 64658 battles
  • 6,663
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Thanks bud.  Did anything show up in game for you (as in tokens)?  I typed in 5.  All were accepted, but I didn't see anything.

Edited by tod914, Feb 01 2019 - 04:07.


FrozenKemp #7 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 03:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 53381 battles
  • 9,841
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Thanks heavymetal.  I think I had a brain fart and forgot about GAJohnny's post.  But the other codes? It's really.. um... weird to call it a "January" scavenger hunt if only one of four codes is released in January. 

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 04:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 72483 battles
  • 21,951
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Posttod914, on Jan 31 2019 - 21:48, said:

Thanks bud.  Did anything show up in game for you (as in tokens)?  I typed in 5.  All were accepted, but I didn't see anything.

 

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 31 2019 - 21:48, said:

Thanks heavymetal.  I think I had a brain fart and forgot about GAJohnny's post.  But the other codes? It's really.. um... weird to call it a "January" scavenger hunt if only one of four codes is released in January. 

 

Nothing showing yet Tod.  I'm guessing/hoping they'll show up when the missions become available.  But Domo's post says "when redeemed"...

 

FronenKemp been there on point one :P and agree on point two.



WileyCat #9 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 05:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 31150 battles
  • 2,089
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

View PostGenPanzer, on Jan 31 2019 - 18:25, said:

Jesus, can this be any more convoluted?!

 

it could be dark souls

pickpocket293 #10 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 07:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 34841 battles
  • 1,531
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015
There's no way I'll be able to explain this to anybody. Why are these missions so complicated? 

GadgetHackwrench #11 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 14:32

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19148 battles
  • 132
  • [-RIPT] -RIPT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostThe_Diadect, on Feb 01 2019 - 01:20, said:

30K XP? Thats massive! Thanks wg dudes! I might actually finish my t62 grind at this rate!

 

inb4 t62 is the worst of the russian meds, idc

 

I find it strangely coincidental that 30k XP is also what is required if you currently have the amx elc elited to immediately unlock the new tier 6 wheeled French tank.

GAJohnnie #12 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 14:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 10635 battles
  • 9,370
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Jan 31 2019 - 18:43, said:

Tankers, 

I've got some new information for you regarding the January & February Scavenger Hunts.

 

Some of you may have noticed that January Scavenger Hunt codes seem not to be awarding anything - This is because all rewards for the Scavenger Hunt will go out via a series of hidden missions, which will be active starting February 6th, running until February 11th.

 

As a reminder, there are 4 Code sets: WoT Website/News Portal, Youtube (WoT Weekly), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter), and our Community Contributors' various Youtube/Twitch Channels and websites.


Each Code Set will award you with 1 token when redeemed, and the token will give you the following hidden mission when you log in between February 6th - 11th.

 

Mission 1: Play a battle and place in the top 10 XP Earners on your team.
Reward: 

3x EXP Booster 50% 1 Hour

3x Crew EXP Booster 100% 1 Hour

3x Credit Booster 50% 1 Hour

 

Can be completed up to 4 times, once per token.

If you collect all 4 tokens, you will also receive the following mission:

Mission 2: Play 2 battles, placing in the top 10 XP earners on your team.

Reward:

  • 30,000 XP, applied to the vehicle used to complete the second battle
  • 3 of each nation's food consumable


This missions are not repeatable on each tank. Once you complete mission 1 all 4 times, and mission 2 once, you're done with the missions. 
To clarify, Mission 2 will be triggered the second time you place in the top 10 XP earners that day. After you complete Mission 2, you should still be able to complete Mission 1 another two times, for a total of 4 completions!

 

(Assuming you place in the top 10 XP earners on your team in your first 4 battles for the day - Battle 1: Mission 1, Battle 2: Missions 1 and 2, Battle 3: Mission 1, Battle 4: Mission 1 - You will want to pick a specific vehicle to use when you try for the 30K XP because once it's applied, Customer Support has no way of moving this to a different vehicle.)

 

The February Scavenger Hunt is going to be a little bit different. February is going to be all about our Community Contributors! During every day in February, one of our Community Contributors will be dropping a new bonus code on their channel. Each of the codes will award you with the same Boosters as before, and you can collect up to 28 Bonus Codes during the Month, earning extra rewards based on the total number of Scavenger Hunt codes you redeem in February – the more codes you redeem, the more extra prizes you will earn.

Here’s the catch: We’re only going to reveal the first Contributor you should tune into, and each code will only be active for 48 hours! It’s up to you to stay up to date and tune in to the right Contributors every day at the right time and stick around for their code.

So how do you get started? XanderP will be kicking off the February Scavenger Hunt Tomorrow,  February 1st, at 10AM CT.

He will be sharing his code on his Twitch Channel (Twitch.tv/XanderPTV), as well as his Facebook Community, World of Tanks International(https://www.facebook.com/groups/wotinternational/). If you can’t tune in at 10AM, Xander’s got you covered – the code (as well as information on who you need to watch next) will be visible somewhere on his Channel all day. You need to redeem the code before February 3rd at 00:00 CT.

The next code will go out on February 2nd, and will be active until February 4th at 00:00 CT. The remaining codes will go out during the rest of the month with according to the same release format and timing.

 

Thank you!

GAJohnnie #13 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 15:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 10635 battles
  • 9,370
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 31 2019 - 21:48, said:

Thanks heavymetal.  I think I had a brain fart and forgot about GAJohnny's post.  But the other codes? It's really.. um... weird to call it a "January" scavenger hunt if only one of four codes is released in January. 

 

BIGWHEELS is the World of tanks NA code. It posted yesterday

 



GadgetHackwrench #14 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 15:26

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19148 battles
  • 132
  • [-RIPT] -RIPT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

The community contributor has posted his code for today.

 

FPJY5AFX



YANKEE137 #15 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 15:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13974 battles
  • 6,626
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

The games are secondary when just figuring out the rules requires a PHd.

 


Edited by YANKEE137, Feb 01 2019 - 15:35.


GAJohnnie #16 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 15:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 10635 battles
  • 9,370
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Xander P is broadcasting now!

 

https://www.twitch.tv/xanderptv

 

Code is FPJY5AFX

 

Fed 2nd the featured Community Contributor is Truvoodoo.

 

https://www.twitch.tv/truvoodoo

 

According to twitch his normal streaming time is 7pm US Pacific time.


Edited by GAJohnnie, Feb 01 2019 - 16:07.


WileyCat #17 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 17:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 31150 battles
  • 2,089
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012
this seems like a forced exposure event to coincide with the release of the gokarts

GAJohnnie #18 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 19:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 10635 battles
  • 9,370
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Thank you WG and Domo Sapien

 

 


Edited by GAJohnnie, Feb 01 2019 - 19:19.


YANKEE137 #19 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 20:07

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13974 battles
  • 6,626
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

THEDUCKISBEST   

 

WoT weekly



FrontenacDuVandoo #20 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 20:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16889 battles
  • 977
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostYANKEE137, on Feb 01 2019 - 09:31, said:

The games are secondary when just figuring out the rules requires a PHd.

 

It's a perfectly cromulent video that explains how their system embiggens the field of Retro Encabulator.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users