January & February Scavenger Hunt info/clarification

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Volcanic_lobster_220 #121 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 20:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7150 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:23, said:

No, there is no hidden conspiracy to confuse you, we just had to wiggle a bunch of weird pieces to make these missions work and only serve them to players who have redeemed the correct bonus codes.

You're thinking of the first scavenger hunt. The first scavenger hunt required two wins, the x5 was for your second win. I wasn't able to get approval for the x5 on second win, so we got 30k for 2 battles in the top 2/3. Generally people don't like missions that have "win the battle" as a condition, so this was an alternative.

Why is it so confusing? Two reasons. I was given the following condition in order to get approval for this prizing: Players have to actually log in and play to get their rewards.

We always want to discourage botting, so the missions have to require at least some basic level of effort. Making the condition be a victory is generally frustrating because you have more influence over your own performance than the outcome of a Random Battle. So the condition for the mission is Placing in the top 10 XP earners on your team. You have to do it twice to get the XP.

Assuming you play better than 33% of your teammates, essentially all you need to do is log in and play two battles. You'll get 30k XP on the tank you used for the second battle.

The caveat is that you can't just YOLO in and die, you actually need to play the battle. That's what the "Top 10 XP Earners" requirement is there for.

If you die without doing any damage and spotting, wait for your tank to be ready for battle again then try again. That's it.

Thanks for the explanation Domo, personally i suck at making use of X5 XP's so being given 30K XP is WAY WAY better :)

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 08 2019 - 18:56, said:

I'm receiving multiple reports that it's functioning now but some weird stuff is going on with the tokens.If the 30K XP went on the wrong vehicle because your tokens got messed up for whatever reason, please submit a ticket and PM me your ticket ID.

After all this insanity I'm going to be double and triple checking everything involved personally to ensure it all works as intended next month. If there isn't a way to get the missions functioning properly we'll just pay the rewards out via a mass invoice based on the number of codes each player redeemed.

By the way, on a somewhat related note, I probably should have mentioned this sooner but if you have any questions as to which or how many February Codes you got credit for so far, Customer Support can definitely look that up for you and let you know. Not ideal, I know, but it is a potential solution just in case.

Oh good i was curious about this, so would they be able to tell me if i successfully redeemed the 1st day's code?

Japanese_Midget_Wrestler #122 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 20:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 2275 battles
All codes entered with success msg, but... nothing new in missions! What's goin on? What else  should i do?

DomoSapien #123 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 21:08

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14072 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

so the 999 completions are sort of a UI glitch, you can only complete the mission as many times as you redeemed codes. It was actually only supposed to be eligible for completion 4 times but a biproduct appears to be that players who redeemed multiple CC codes can complete it more than 4 times.

We could try fix it so that it can only be completed 4 times but... honestly I think with all the confusion and breakage, y'all deserve the extra boosters.

View PostVolcanic_lobster_220, on Feb 08 2019 - 13:31, said:

Thanks for the explanation Domo, personally i suck at making use of X5 XP's so being given 30K XP is WAY WAY better :)

Oh good i was curious about this, so would they be able to tell me if i successfully redeemed the 1st day's code?

Yes, they will definitely be able to tell you that!

Edited by DomoSapien, Feb 08 2019 - 21:08.

CatcusJo #124 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 21:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 7633 battles
  • [TSNA] TSNA

View PostJapanese_Midget_Wrestler, on Feb 08 2019 - 19:56, said:

All codes entered with success msg, but... nothing new in missions! What's goin on? What else  should i do?

Same here entered all the 4 codes and all accepted but no missions have shown up in game relating to them.

Anyone else experienced this ?

only mission showing are the 75th anniversary ones, weekend mission, m4/tiger mission, the tournament ones  and tank mastery ones.

Any idea why they haven't shown ?

Thanks

DomoSapien #125 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 21:49

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14072 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCatcusJo, on Feb 08 2019 - 14:39, said:

Same here entered all the 4 codes and all accepted but no missions have shown up in game relating to them.

Anyone else experienced this ?

only mission showing are the 75th anniversary ones, weekend mission, m4/tiger mission, the tournament ones  and tank mastery ones.

Any idea why they haven't shown ?

Thanks

When did you redeem the bonus codes? It was necessary to redeem them before the missions started in order to receive the missions. If you redeemed them before today, please submit a ticket and PM me your Ticket ID. I'll look into it.

CatcusJo #126 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 23:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 7633 battles
  • [TSNA] TSNA

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 08 2019 - 20:49, said:

When did you redeem the bonus codes? It was necessary to redeem them before the missions started in order to receive the missions. If you redeemed them before today, please submit a ticket and PM me your Ticket ID. I'll look into it.

I have sent you a pm.

Kornilov #127 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 01:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23187 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

This is going to be a top weekend.

So many extra rewards popping up.

Two thumbs up for the Scavenger Hunt. It has kept me on my toes and interested in alert to what's going on.

Keep them coming.

Apex_Predator_o7 #128 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 03:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18725 battles
  • [CRGE] CRGE

View PostJapanese_Midget_Wrestler, on Feb 08 2019 - 20:56, said:

Having the same issue. entered the codes and don't see anything else...when did the codes have to be redeemed? was there a cutoff date? When I redeemed the codes they were accepted so I assume they were still valid...

ricko7 #129 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 03:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1428 battles

I am confused.It is well known there was a problem at WG getting the mission to show and that it would show up friday.Then why are you answering a post yesterday like the mission should have been working?Your confusing things more then helping.I find this kind of thing happens more in this game as it goes on.I have got an id banned because it seems I know more about wot then the forum people.

CatcusJo #130 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 03:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 7633 battles
  • [TSNA] TSNA

redeemed them on the 7th early evening UK time all accepted so they should work as you state they needed to be redeemed before today i.e. 8th ...…

Also tried again today ( 8th) and again all codes accepted again  but still no mission in game..  Sent you pm as mentioned

Edited by CatcusJo, Feb 09 2019 - 03:40.

DustyLoner #131 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 06:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 2511 battles
What are these Secret Signs I need to get to do these Scavenger hunt missions I did 5 and now I can't do anymore till I get this Secret Sign token , but no clue how, any ideas?

MakersMike #132 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 09:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2324 battles

View PostCatcusJo, on Feb 08 2019 - 18:37, said:

redeemed them on the 7th early evening UK time all accepted so they should work as you state they needed to be redeemed before today i.e. 8th ...…

Also tried again today ( 8th) and again all codes accepted again  but still no mission in game..  Sent you pm as mentioned

When you enter the codes, you will not see anything in your mission section.  These are those "secret" missions, and so you won't see anything until you play a battle, finish in the top 10 and you'll see it in your report along with the rewards for completion of that one mission.  You'll get 4, but none will be in the mission section.  On the 4th finish in top 10 exp you'll get 30k exp on that tank.

PurpleAssassin #133 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 11:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 90745 battles
  • [NG2R] NG2R
I have found six codes to enter, it took all six codes .... I even made up a code, which it rejected, but it confirmed the other six codes, the last one was YNMHXN9V , which it confirmed no problem. But that is the end of it :/ ...  NOTHING happens; win, lose, draw ... Numerous Top 10 and higher, Tier 3 to Tier 9 .... NOTHING :( ...  what am I missing ?????

sparky_49 #134 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5200 battles
Nothing will happen until the end of the mission. New codes come out daily and there are a total of 28. YNMHXN9V was the 8th code, 20 more to go before you'll receive any bonus. The bonus you receive at the end is dependent on how many codes you entered during the 28 days.

3BAC #135 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 63876 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostCatcusJo, on Feb 09 2019 - 02:37, said:

View PostPurpleAssassin, on Feb 09 2019 - 10:11, said:

I have found six codes to enter, it took all six codes .... I even made up a code, which it rejected, but it confirmed the other six codes, the last one was YNMHXN9V , which it confirmed no problem. But that is the end of it :/ ...  NOTHING happens; win, lose, draw ... Numerous Top 10 and higher, Tier 3 to Tier 9 .... NOTHING :( ...  what am I missing ?????

But wait! There's a catch! You have to redeem the code within 48 hours. So, if you waited till Feb 7th to enter the codes, only the codes released on Feb 5th or later count. So, only two or three codes counted and you need four.

Here’s the catch: We’re only going to reveal the first Contributor you should tune into, and each code will only be active for 48 hours! It’s up to you to stay up to date and tune in to the correct Contributors every day at the right time and stick around for their code.

https://worldoftanks...nger-hunt-0219/

Edited by 3BAC, Feb 09 2019 - 17:15.

Jesse_the_Scout #136 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 18:12

Captain

• Players
  • 37443 battles
  • [EF-WD] EF-WD
Mine's just stuck after the first mission so it's forever at 1/999. I entered half a dozen codes at least, I dunno.

GrimorUrkish #137 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 18:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 105 battles
  • [FUMA] FUMA
the mission menu is very confuse, i didnt see any missions giving 30k exp, but one tank that i played received 30k lol

Wanderjar #138 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 19:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 25100 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
its a 'hidden' mission once you completed the other missions

gunner_317 #139 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 19:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24890 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

I can't believe how much time I've spent on this and how frustrating it has been.  Cudos to you Domo and WG for trying to create something fun and involves the CC but its has been a mess.  I've collected all 4 codes for the jan event

THEDUCKISBEST

MENZNY19

WOTSOCIALNY19 

BIGWHEELS 

and they have all been accepted.  It looks like I have gotten 3 of the 4 Mission 1 but the last will not activate, says I'm short a code?  All I want is the 30xp so I can finish off the Black Prince grind.  Also the website code BIWHEELS was almost impossible to find, got it from the forum, it should not be that difficult.  Hope this gets fixed so we can finish it.

joedoe_hero #140 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 20:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 62504 battles

for all those talking about the scavenger hunt missions going on right now, this weekends event  is the reward for the January hunt and has nothing to do with the current daily codes coming out. I'll bet it is to late to enter the codes for January and get the missions. this whole contest has been poorly advertised. go to the news page and their is an article about it that you need to read.

the codes that started on February 1st are for this months contest and the rewards will not be given out till the end of the month when they do another mission to get the prizes. the codes this month are only valid for 48 hours after they come out so if you are slow to go find them they wont be counted towards the 28 total codes to get the full prize suite.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users