Jump to content


January & February Scavenger Hunt info/clarification


  • Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

Wanderjar #181 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 16:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28200 battles
  • 58
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013
its a sub 36 hour entry window; The day its supposed to be released and then until noon or midnight the next day. It MIGHT be 48 hours long if they generate the code a day in advance or from a master table they made at the first of the month with preset timers on it

SO the entry window starts ticking down from when the code is originally generated/goes live, not from when its given out and because WG is paranoid, they dont pass on the codes to the CCs until the day of and if something goes sideways its unfixable in time to recover.

Atlanta11 #182 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 17:50

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 53427 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

View Postrich30606, on Feb 16 2019 - 02:51, said:

I got responses from customer support and from Domo!

Received 30k Free XP after they checked the logs.

Good Job WG! and thank you Domo!

 

I haven't received 30K Free XP. Why not? I have entered every last stinkin', freakin' code.

Atlanta11 #183 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 17:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 53427 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 15 2019 - 20:17, said:

Tankers, a few updates for you:

First off, thank you again for all your patience. I seem to finally have caught up on all the private messages I received both here and on Reddit; I've responded to everyone but if I missed your message or you're waiting for an update from me, please feel free to reply to your message so I get a notification.


All players that contacted me or Customer Support should have either been taken care of by Customer Support or added to my list for manual compensation, which will be going out by next weekend (possibly today, depending if I can get the mass invoice request submitted in time)

 

Second: There was scheduling issue on our part with 4TankersandDog's code yesterday. The code should now be live on 4TankersandDog's Youtube channel on one of his recent videos, but in case you can't find it, not to worry! I talked with the event guys and we're going to be crediting everyone who's participating in the Scavenger Hunt with credit for the February 14th Code, in addition to the February 3rd Code that dropped a day late on Cody's channels earlier this month.

 

As long as you've been participating in the Scavenger Hunt, those two codes will be freebies.

To answer questions about the format for the February Rewards: We are in the process of getting the missions & reward structure finalized, and will be posting an article next week with the relevant info. Obviously, on the execution side, there were some logistic problems with this month's Scavenger Hunt Missions so we're taking extra care to make sure everything operates as smoothly as possible next month.

 

I haven't received 30K Free XP like others have.. Why not? I have entered every last stinkin', freakin' code. 

Wanderjar #184 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 16:26

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28200 battles
  • 58
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostAtlanta11, on Feb 17 2019 - 10:51, said:

 

I haven't received 30K Free XP like others have.. Why not? I have entered every last stinkin', freakin' code. 

 

View PostAtlanta11, on Feb 17 2019 - 10:50, said:

 

I haven't received 30K Free XP. Why not? I have entered every last stinkin', freakin' code.

 

because the current codes are for the Feb hunt, not the Jan hunt which is already completed.

The Feb hunt pays out in early March depending on how many codes you enter

GS_G3K #185 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 17:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 23395 battles
  • 2,817
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 15 2019 - 13:17, said:

Tankers, a few updates for you:

First off, thank you again for all your patience. I seem to finally have caught up on all the private messages I received both here and on Reddit; I've responded to everyone but if I missed your message or you're waiting for an update from me, please feel free to reply to your message so I get a notification.


All players that contacted me or Customer Support should have either been taken care of by Customer Support or added to my list for manual compensation, which will be going out by next weekend (possibly today, depending if I can get the mass invoice request submitted in time)

 

Second: There was scheduling issue on our part with 4TankersandDog's code yesterday. The code should now be live on 4TankersandDog's Youtube channel on one of his recent videos, but in case you can't find it, not to worry! I talked with the event guys and we're going to be crediting everyone who's participating in the Scavenger Hunt with credit for the February 14th Code, in addition to the February 3rd Code that dropped a day late on Cody's channels earlier this month.

 

As long as you've been participating in the Scavenger Hunt, those two codes will be freebies.

To answer questions about the format for the February Rewards: We are in the process of getting the missions & reward structure finalized, and will be posting an article next week with the relevant info. Obviously, on the execution side, there were some logistic problems with this month's Scavenger Hunt Missions so we're taking extra care to make sure everything operates as smoothly as possible next month.

 

Thank you! Thought I was the only one having problems!

 

Was afraid that I might miss the completion mission as that was the only code I missed since it would not accept.

 

Contacted customer support over the weekend and they were very helpful and pleasant to deal with. :great:



singncarpenter #186 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 23:58

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 25400 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    02-16-2015

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 15 2019 - 20:17, said:

Tankers, a few updates for you:

First off, thank you again for all your patience. I seem to finally have caught up on all the private messages I received both here and on Reddit; I've responded to everyone but if I missed your message or you're waiting for an update from me, please feel free to reply to your message so I get a notification.


All players that contacted me or Customer Support should have either been taken care of by Customer Support or added to my list for manual compensation, which will be going out by next weekend (possibly today, depending if I can get the mass invoice request submitted in time)

 

Second: There was scheduling issue on our part with 4TankersandDog's code yesterday. The code should now be live on 4TankersandDog's Youtube channel on one of his recent videos, but in case you can't find it, not to worry! I talked with the event guys and we're going to be crediting everyone who's participating in the Scavenger Hunt with credit for the February 14th Code, in addition to the February 3rd Code that dropped a day late on Cody's channels earlier this month.

 

As long as you've been participating in the Scavenger Hunt, those two codes will be freebies.

To answer questions about the format for the February Rewards: We are in the process of getting the missions & reward structure finalized, and will be posting an article next week with the relevant info. Obviously, on the execution side, there were some logistic problems with this month's Scavenger Hunt Missions so we're taking extra care to make sure everything operates as smoothly as possible next month.

 

Hello, thank you for all this information. I think that if you are going to credit everyone with the 3rd and 14th which were put out late, you should also do the same for this past Saturdays code which was also released very late Saturday. I had looked for the code early Saturday and could not find Sofilein so I let it go figuring I would input it when it was posted on the reddit link. Well, I tried that early this morning ( way less than 48 hours after it was released), and it is already invalid. This is the only code I missed for the whole month and it is very frustrating that the CCs don't release the code at a standard time and place. I was looking forward to these rewards and now because of poor timing which i don't believe is my fault, I don't get it. Frustrated.

singncarpenter #187 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 00:37

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 25400 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    02-16-2015

View PostAtlanta11, on Feb 17 2019 - 17:50, said:

 

I haven't received 30K Free XP. Why not? I have entered every last stinkin', freakin' code.

If I remember correctly, the reward is not free experience but combat experience which is applied to whatever tank you were playing in on Feb 6th that activated the reward.



GWyatt #188 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 01:59

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4163 battles
  • 497
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015
What I understand is that the codes for February are NOT 48 hours from the time of release but is 48 hours starting mid-night of the day they should be released. If they are released late on Saturday, you still only have until Sunday at midnight to get it in. The codes released at say 8 AM CST has already burned through 8 hours of the 48.

Best to enter them as soon as you can after they come out.

sparky_49 #189 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 13:46

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8842 battles
  • 342
  • Member since:
    07-18-2018

The problem is that some CC's don't release the code until evening, where some release it early in the day. 

For example Guido1212 and Claus Kellerman release their codes in the morning, whereas Sofilein doesn't release her code until that night when she normally streams.



Wanderjar #190 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 16:45

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28200 battles
  • 58
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013
Scavenger hunts are never easy :sceptic: If it was a easy they would just give it to everyone for logging in and wheres the fun in that?

ricko7 #191 Posted Feb 20 2019 - 05:07

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 1801 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostGenPanzer, on Feb 01 2019 - 00:25, said:

Jesus, can this be any more convoluted?!

 

So much so that it has become the norm.

DomoSapien #192 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 23:12

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14949 battles
  • 1,164
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

Hey folks, just a heads up: tomorrow's code (Feb 24th) will be dropped by Cody Menz at 6PM CST

 

https://www.twitch.tv/cody_menz

https://wotguru.com/

https://www.youtube.com/codymenz 



GeneralChaos567 #193 Posted Feb 24 2019 - 01:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 18268 battles
  • 30
  • [PAW] PAW
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014
edited

Edited by GeneralChaos567, Feb 24 2019 - 18:47.


rich30606 #194 Posted Feb 24 2019 - 08:57

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21360 battles
  • 146
  • [BBICT] BBICT
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 23 2019 - 23:12, said:

Hey folks, just a heads up: tomorrow's code (Feb 24th) will be dropped by Cody Menz at 6PM CST

 

https://www.twitch.tv/cody_menz

https://wotguru.com/

https://www.youtube.com/codymenz 

 



GWyatt #195 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 01:16

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4163 battles
  • 497
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

Problem with today's Code from Cody Menz 2/24, somehow he ended up with yesterdays code. He is trying to get it fixed ASAP.

 

All is good, he now has the code on his Twitch stream..


Edited by GWyatt, Feb 25 2019 - 01:34.


GWyatt #196 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 14:15

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4163 battles
  • 497
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015
Today's code 2/25 appears to be invalid as it is only 7 long and the others are 8 long. MS57TRF

Wanderjar #197 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 14:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28200 battles
  • 58
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013
Guido's code is bad. its a letter short.

MS57TRF
from Guido1212 

@DomoSapien Help please

 

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 23 2019 - 16:12, said:

Hey folks, just a heads up: tomorrow's code (Feb 24th) will be dropped by Cody Menz at 6PM CST

 

https://www.twitch.tv/cody_menz

https://wotguru.com/

https://www.youtube.com/codymenz 

 


 

DomoSapien #198 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 17:58

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14949 battles
  • 1,164
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostWanderjar, on Feb 25 2019 - 07:20, said:

Guido's code is bad. its a letter short.

MS57TRF
from Guido1212 

@DomoSapien Help please

 

 


 

 

Hi folks, I have been in contact with Guido since this morning, and am investigating the code with our event guys. 

Unfortunately it appears to be a bit more complex than a missing digit, as I've tried adding every possible letter or number with no luck. Will be posting an update just as soon as I have more info!

Ortinoth_ #199 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 17:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27236 battles
  • 1,752
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011
hmm they will get it fixed or credit everyone with an extra code 

Edited by Ortinoth_, Feb 25 2019 - 18:01.


DomoSapien #200 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 20:43

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14949 battles
  • 1,164
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012
Update: We've identified the issue with Guido's code. Some data got cached during the creation process so it looks wonky but I just tested it and it does in fact work.

The code is as follows:
MS57TRFMS57TRFT





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users