T26ES

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 06:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3384 battles

Hi Everyone,

I have just received a Free Tank Rental for the weekend.  The American Premium Tier 8 Heavy Tank T26ES.

I hate this Tank.  Very Slow, No Gun Depression, Slow Aim Time, Slow Transverse Speed, Slow Turret Transverse Speed and had a very hard time trying to penetrate anything, even with Premium Ammo.

This was the first time I have ever played Tier 8.  The highest I have ever played was Tier 3.

Are all Tier 8 Tanks this Bad? 

Once the Rental ends, what happens to the Crew.  Do I get to keep them?

If I get to keep the crew I would like to accelerate their training.

If I can't keep them, what happens to the Experience the Tank earns?  Would I have to use it to unlock modules on other Tier 8 Tanks?

Thank You

Zippit #2 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 06:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19185 battles
Maybe because you're playing a bone stock tank.

If you had a 100% crew, knowledge of how to aim for weak spots (Tier 3 is point and shoot), and some good equipment, you'd notice that it's quite fun.

24_inch_pythons #3 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 06:49

Major

• Players
  • 29971 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
 T26E5 is pretty much a monster. Easily one of the best Tier VIII premiums.

cKy_ #4 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 06:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 4504 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
If the T26E5 is bad for you, then yes. Every tier 8 tank is that bad. In fact, most are even worse.

Casual_Boops #5 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 07:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34969 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

By tier 3 standards, many of the high tier tanks will seem "slow" because not many tier 3 tanks have armor and they're mainly very small. The T26E5 is fairly mobile for a heavy tank and has an excellent amount of gun depression at -10 degrees. It has solid turret armor and great DPM with acceptable accuracy and pretty decent penetration. The only thing the tank lacks is alpha (how much damage per shot), but you can't have everything, right?

Many tanks at that tier will require knowledge of weak spots on specific tanks to be able to penetrate. Simply hitting the tank will very likely not work, no matter what kind of ammo you use. For this reason, it's generally not recommended that a new player jump into a tier 8 tank right away. They'll get creamed without knowing what's really going on.

After the rental ends you keep the crew and any XP on the tank probably stays on the tank... You can convert it to free xp if you want.

Augustus_Sohn #6 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 08:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3364 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Slow? It's a HEAVY tank.

No gun depression? -10 is the standard for good gun depression.

The problem is likely be cause you are expecting the typical speedy play that happens at lower tiers, and the tank likely has no equipment nor a good crew.

Play 100 games in it, get the crew better, get some equipment, play it hull-down like crazy, and you'll be back here telling us how good it actually is. Many complain about how OP it is.

Good luck!

Dirizon #7 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 09:38

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

l think he is trolling, l think he is just being sarcastic. As a bad reroll would.

Because there is no possible way he would actually mean otherwise

World_War_1_and_2 #8 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 12:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4880 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Jan 31 2019 - 21:40, said:

Hi Everyone,

I have just received a Free Tank Rental for the weekend.  The American Premium Tier 8 Heavy Tank T26ES.

I hate this Tank.  Very Slow, No Gun Depression, Slow Aim Time, Slow Transverse Speed, Slow Turret Transverse Speed and had a very hard time trying to penetrate anything, even with Premium Ammo.

This was the first time I have ever played Tier 8.  The highest I have ever played was Tier 3.

If I can't keep them, what happens to the Experience the Tank earns?  Would I have to use it to unlock modules on other Tier 8 Tanks?

Thank You

Snailcrusher,

I never ever had a tank higher than Tier 6, including Premium vehicles.

From my experience with rentals (I had a Tier 6 T-34-85M rental tank, which I eventually bought (sometime?) after the rental period ended), the tank still stays in your garage after the rental ends, but you are not allowed to play it anymore -- unless you buy it (in the period after the rental ends). So the crew would stay in the tank, I guess. If you do not want to take the chance that the crew disappears or is inaccessible when the rental period ends, then move the crew into the barracks BEFORE the time you think the rental period ends.

I think you can always keep the crews of rental tanks (but don't take my word for it). Accelerate Crew Training them while rental period is happening, if you want. To insure you have the chance to keep the crew, move them into the barracks anytime BEFORE the rental period ends. If they don't disappear from the barracks after the rental period expires, then you know the crew is yours to keep.

Move the crew into any tank you own that you want them to be in -- of the same nation, is the minimum requirement? Crew train them for the new vehicle, if necessary.

If you move the crew into an elited tech tree tank, or a premium tank you own, you can (resume) Accelerate Crew Training them, if you want.

Because I think the tank stays in your garage even after the rental period ends, as I already noted, you can use gold to convert all that Combat Experience into Free Experience even anytime after the rental period ends. But what if this Combat Experience becomes frozen/locked after the rental period ends? To insure against that possibility, use gold to convert Combat Experience to Free Experience BEFORE the rental period expires. Use the Free Experience any way you want: unlock modules on tech tree tanks, etc.

World_War_1_and_2

Edited by World_War_1_and_2, Feb 01 2019 - 12:47.

__WarChild__ #9 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 14:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 32750 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostDirizon, on Feb 01 2019 - 02:38, said:

l think he is trolling, l think he is just being sarcastic. As a bad reroll would.

I agree 100%

YANKEE137 #10 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 15:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 14024 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I have 500 battles and I just bought a T8 premium. Despite Spamming gold at everything I am not getting a mastery badge like I saw in the British guy's video.

Have downloaded XVM yet ? All the good players have it. 

Seriously, good troll.

Roggg2 #11 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 15:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 21971 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Around tier 4-5 tanks start getting more specialized according to the tank class they belong to.  In tiers 1-3 all tanks are pretty similar.  Tier 8 heavy tanks are generally slow.  FYI, 10 degrees gun depression is actually quite good.  The Patriot is a very good tank, and very much in the style of the American heavies.  Slow, mediocre hull armor, awesome turret armor, and good gun depression.  They excel in "hull-down" positions.

I think what is going on here is that you dont have experience playing heavy tanks in the game yet, and you are also playing at a higher tier than you are used to where mistakes get punished more harshly.  Also low tier tanks get protected from harsh match-making while tier 8 tanks fight tier 10 tanks the majority of the time.

It's a rental, and I would play it to get a taste of tier 8 and heavy tank play, but I wouldn't judge the tank (or your own performance) until you work your way up and get some more experience.

Good luck.

snailcrusher #12 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 15:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3384 battles

Where can I learn all of the weak spots on all of the dozens and dozens of Tier 8, Tier 9 and Tier 10 tanks I may encounter?

And how do you remember all that?

I can barely remember all of my passwords.

MiddleAgedNoob #13 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 16:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18163 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostYANKEE137, on Feb 01 2019 - 09:03, said:

I have 500 battles and I just bought a T8 premium. Despite Spamming gold at everything I am not getting a mastery badge like I saw in the British guy's video.

Seriously, good troll.

Could you give the guy a break?  OP posts regularly with very basic questions that are consistent with someone completely new to the game.  He could be a troll, but I doubt it, and I would prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.  This is a newcomer's forum after all.

GLHF

NL_Celt #14 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 28805 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Feb 01 2019 - 11:16, said:

Where can I learn all of the weak spots on all of the dozens and dozens of Tier 8, Tier 9 and Tier 10 tanks I may encounter?

tanks.gg

After a battle if there was a tank you had trouble with or just new to you look them up in the list, could be tech tree or full list if it was a special premium. Then hit the compare button next to 3D Model and go find your tank. Then you can go to 3D Model and switch from collision to LIVE. There you can play with where your tank can pen, which gun you are using and what shell type. 

You can also do the reverse to see how hard or easy it is for other tanks to pen you. You can rotate the tank, depress the gun to see how hull down will work and angling. You can also play with the equipment and crew skills to see how they affect your tank and whether the set up makes sense to you.

And there is more you can do if you look around.

And practice and time will gradually help you remember what to do with certain tanks. Some you just don't fire at a tank depending on your tank and their position. Firing at the front turret of a T29 that is hull down with the top gun on the Comet is pretty well a waste of time and shells, even with APCR. But you can find a few spots but they are very small. So you go do something else.

Edited by NL_Celt, Feb 01 2019 - 16:27.

APA_Woody #15 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 20:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5928 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B

View Postsnailcrusher, on Feb 01 2019 - 00:40, said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank You

Trust me, it's not the tank. I have the same rental, have never played the tank prior, and love this tank. It may very well be the first tier VIII premium I purchase. I achieved tank mastery status on this tank in less than 20 battles with a 4k, 5 kills game last night. Hang in there bud. If you've only played to tier 3s, tier 5 is really where I believe the tanks start feeling more like actual tanks.

FrontenacDuVandoo #16 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 21:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17020 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View PostDirizon, on Feb 01 2019 - 03:38, said:

Or he's a new player with less than 600 games asking a question in the Newcomer's forum.

Don't come to this part of the forums if you only expect elite tankers talking elite strategies.

View PostYANKEE137, on Feb 01 2019 - 09:03, said:

Seriously, good troll.

He clearly stated that it's a rental. You know, the one from the Superbowl contest.

Now who's trolling?

Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, Feb 01 2019 - 21:49.

FrontenacDuVandoo #17 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 22:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17020 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View Postsnailcrusher, on Feb 01 2019 - 09:46, said:

That comes with experience. By going up the tiers slowly you will encounter new tanks at a pace that is manageable.

Also playing a tank gives you the experience you need to defeat it.

You can also go there https://tanks.gg/list

Select a tank, and click Model to see the full armor profile. For example https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-m4-54/model

Also before heading into higher tiers (7 and up) it really helps to have a crew with the first skill fully researched at the very least.

The rental comes with a 100% crew, that's a start, but the lack of skills and perks will hinder your performance. Especially if you don't put equipment on the tank, which is costly just for a week-end rental.

At this point this rental won't be great for you. Either use the tank to accumulate xp on it so you can turn it into Free xp.

Or turn on Accelerated Crew Training and put as much xp on the crew as you can bear. Once you reach an American heavy tank in the tech tree you'll have a crew that has a head start and can be retrained to 90% with credits.

snailcrusher #18 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3384 battles

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of the replies.

I am not a Troll. My wife calls me lots of names, but Troll isn't one of them.

I played the Tank for several hours yesterday and more today.  Still can't get the hang of it.  I am also on maps I've never seen before.  I survived very few games and my team rarely won.  I did accumulate lots of credits however.  More than I've ever gotten on a Tier 2 or Tier 3 game.

I guess it's back to the minor leagues for me

Thank you all.

Captain_Rownd #19 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 23:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3064 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Feb 01 2019 - 04:46, said:

If you can remember such things then you know you're playing too much Tanks and should probably take a long break from it, LOL. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users