The Vk 2801: Not a credit sink after all

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Reaper1967 #1 Posted Sep 17 2011 - 19:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 21943 battles
:Smile-hiding: Think T25 not Leopard,only 200h.p. seperate the 2 tanks.Make no mistake this is an arty killin',battle dominating,cap machine.
My 2801 & a M5 fought our way in,made short work of the heavy & arty guarding the base & capped it.Unlike the Leo,this tank needs combat to make money,damage+spotting+capping= big money & exp.Use Hit n' git tactics,in a "Raptor Pack" it will take out any tank in the game.I use the T25 as support for my 2801 because it's a good low cost money making/training premium tank. If you have a standard account it'll mean yes to the 2801 & other tanks you couldn't afford before & and it keeps you in "Raptor" mode because they employ the same tactics so you earn while you learn.The 2801 has two personalities:105mm(sledgehammer)&75mm(scalpel),I always have a tough time deciding because both tier 5 guns are very good at what they're meant for.Vk 2801/T25-Equipment: ventilation,gun rammer & spall liner Consumables: small repair kit,small first aid kit &manual fire extinguisher.This is a top tier tank combo that will start new players off in the big leagues with out the high cost of a Lowe,T59 or KV5.
P.S: Tanks are only as good as the quality of modules,equiment,consumables,crew & support vehicles.The money spent has meant a tank & crew with much greater performance & survivability.(75mm has the fire rate of a 57mm)So go big or go home & enjoy,I sure do.
P.S.S."Raptor"is my name choice for the VK2801

Mouseman #2 Posted Sep 19 2011 - 17:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32432 battles
  • [PRTSN] PRTSN

View Postrocketman359, on Sep 17 2011 - 19:32, said:

:Smile-hiding: Think T25 not Leopard,only 200h.p. seperate the 2 tanks.Make no mistake this is an arty killin',battle dominating,cap machine.
My 2801 & a M5 fought our way in,made short work of the heavy & arty guarding the base & capped it.Unlike the Leo,this tank needs combat to make money,damage+spotting+capping= big money & exp.Use Hit n' git tactics,in a "Raptor Pack" it will take out any tank in the game.I use the T25 as support for my 2801 because it's a good low cost money making/training premium tank. If you have a standard account it'll mean yes to the 2801 & other tanks you couldn't afford before & and it keeps you in "Raptor" mode because they employ the same tactics so you earn while you learn.The 2801 has two personalities:105mm(sledgehammer)&75mm(scalpel),I always have a tough time deciding because both tier 5 guns are very good at what they're meant for.Vk 2801/T25-Equipment: ventilation,gun rammer & spall liner Consumables: small repair kit,small first aid kit &manual fire extinguisher.This is a top tier tank combo that will start new players off in the big leagues with out the high cost of a Lowe,T59 or KV5.
P.S: Tanks are only as good as the quality of modules,equiment,consumables,crew & support vehicles.The money spent has meant a tank & crew with much greater performance & survivability.(75mm has the fire rate of a 57mm)So go big or go home & enjoy,I sure do.
P.S.S."Raptor"is my name choice for the VK2801

Personally I like the 105 for its hammer blows (just make sure you use nothing but HE).  I agree with the Ventilation, but the other modules I use are cammo net and binocs.  It sounds like you play a very different kind of scout than I do, however.  While I do the occasional rush to the enemy base, rape their arty and cap, I much prefer the hide in a bush method of scouting when the map allows.  For that purpose the binocs come in extremely handy, and I think (though I'm not positive) that the cammo net stacks a little bit with the cammo skill).

As far as credits...I am making more than I'm losing if you average all of the battles together.  The critical factor seems to be spotting.  If you can get credit for spotting 6 or more enemy you're breaking even of maybe a little better.  Damage is just icing on the cake.

fastdude #3 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 16:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMouseman, on Sep 19 2011 - 17:46, said:

Personally I like the 105 for its hammer blows (just make sure you use nothing but HE).  I agree with the Ventilation, but the other modules I use are cammo net and binocs.  It sounds like you play a very different kind of scout than I do, however.  While I do the occasional rush to the enemy base, rape their arty and cap, I much prefer the hide in a bush method of scouting when the map allows.  For that purpose the binocs come in extremely handy, and I think (though I'm not positive) that the cammo net stacks a little bit with the cammo skill).

As far as credits...I am making more than I'm losing if you average all of the battles together.  The critical factor seems to be spotting.  If you can get credit for spotting 6 or more enemy you're breaking even of maybe a little better.  Damage is just icing on the cake.

Is this with or without premium?