Jump to content


Fed 2019 Scavenger Hunt thread

One thread to bring them all

  • Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

Tap_Ski #361 Posted Yesterday, 08:12 PM

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 15332 battles
  • 22
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    07-21-2013

View Postsnangdingler, on Feb 18 2019 - 19:27, said:

Could not find Sofilein's code on Saturday. Now finally found it and it is invalid. I have input every single code and cant put this one in. iT HS NOT BEEN OVER 48 HOURS SINCE SHE RELEASED THE CODE! Someone please help with this.

 

 

 



Tap_Ski #362 Posted Yesterday, 08:14 PM

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 15332 battles
  • 22
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    07-21-2013

View PostTap_Ski, on Feb 12 2019 - 22:32, said:

sad, but true.

WG says 48 hrs, but some of the release times have been more than 14 hours after the activation date/time.

    i.e. - a WG  release date of 12 Feb in actuality means 01:00 (am) hrs on Feb 12th.

    however the actual release "Time" 

 

    won't be until 20:00 - 22:00 hrs (pm)  on Feb 12th.

    that is 20-22 hrs after the WG initiation date/time of 01:00 hrs.

    so this means really you only have 20 - 28 hrs from the release "Time" until the code expires  … not the entire 48 hrs specified by WG.

 

in plain man's language, this means most of these codes are only good for approx 24 hrs in reality. 

 



snangdingler #363 Posted Yesterday, 08:23 PM

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 22634 battles
  • 9
  • [656TH] 656TH
  • Member since:
    02-16-2015

View PostTap_Ski, on Feb 18 2019 - 20:14, said:

 

 

Yeah. another fail from WoT. Both times Sofilein was supposed to release the code there was a problem. The first time we were told she would release it and then it was deferred to someone else, then this time she releases it way late. Definitely unfollowing her and her obvious tude. Then there was another contributor that was in twitch. Forgot her name after I unfollowed her. She made everyone wait and watch while she put off releasing the codes and the next days contributor. Not a great way to attract followers IMO. So yeah thanks for ruining the February scavenger hunt for me Sofilein. 

ISNomads #364 Posted Yesterday, 09:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37013 battles
  • 2,367
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postsnangdingler, on Feb 18 2019 - 11:23, said:

 

Yeah. another fail from WoT. Both times Sofilein was supposed to release the code there was a problem. The first time we were told she would release it and then it was deferred to someone else, then this time she releases it way late. Definitely unfollowing her and her obvious tude. Then there was another contributor that was in twitch. Forgot her name after I unfollowed her. She made everyone wait and watch while she put off releasing the codes and the next days contributor. Not a great way to attract followers IMO. So yeah thanks for ruining the February scavenger hunt for me Sofilein. 

 

Not much logic in that post.

 

Someone who has been given a special code, so that they can get more viewers, didn't just post the code at the beginning? Egad!!

 

And I am sure Sofilein worked closely with WG to ensure that codes would expire less than 48 hours after being posted with the express intent of ruining the scavenger hunt for you. Everything would have run perfectly smooth without her.

 



DrWho_ #365 Posted Yesterday, 09:30 PM

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17823 battles
  • 1,856
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017
For some reason the quotes got all messed up, pls disregard

Edited by DrWho_, Yesterday, 09:31 PM.


snangdingler #366 Posted Today, 12:24 AM

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 22634 battles
  • 9
  • [656TH] 656TH
  • Member since:
    02-16-2015

View PostISNomads, on Feb 18 2019 - 21:01, said:

 

Not much logic in that post.

 

Someone who has been given a special code, so that they can get more viewers, didn't just post the code at the beginning? Egad!!

 

And I am sure Sofilein worked closely with WG to ensure that codes would expire less than 48 hours after being posted with the express intent of ruining the scavenger hunt for you. Everything would have run perfectly smooth without her.

 

 

I have no idea of her motivations. I have followed every CC who has released a code and I have been viewing their content. War gaming released the scavenger hunt with the caveat that there would be 48 hours after the code was released to enter the code. Well when the code is released 18 hours after the start of the 48 hour period starts that is hardly fair play. I and many like me have jobs and other things to do other than to wait for someone who has been given the RESPONSIBILITY to release the code but decides to make everyone wait an entire day and then releases it at a late hour when many have gone to bed. I'll bet there are many more like me who think it is unfair. The 16th should be added to the list of freebie days just like the 3rd and the 14th were. It's only fair.

ISNomads #367 Posted Today, 01:14 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37013 battles
  • 2,367
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postsnangdingler, on Feb 18 2019 - 15:24, said:

 

I have no idea of her motivations. I have followed every CC who has released a code and I have been viewing their content. War gaming released the scavenger hunt with the caveat that there would be 48 hours after the code was released to enter the code. Well when the code is released 18 hours after the start of the 48 hour period starts that is hardly fair play. I and many like me have jobs and other things to do other than to wait for someone who has been given the RESPONSIBILITY to release the code but decides to make everyone wait an entire day and then releases it at a late hour when many have gone to bed. I'll bet there are many more like me who think it is unfair. The 16th should be added to the list of freebie days just like the 3rd and the 14th were. It's only fair.

 

I am not arguing that the overall execution doesn't leave a lot to be desired. But blaming one CC for a WG issue and for her ruining the event for you is silly. WG could have programmed the codes to be available for 72 hours and told the community that you can enter the codes for up to 2 days after the day the code is issued. They also could have coordinated with the CCs to provide codes that would truly expire 48 hours after being posted. All out of the control of the CC. The biggest problem is that WG used "48 hours" and that is what people latched onto without looking at the details. Is that potentially confusing? Extremely.

 

As for the "its not fair" argument. I hear that argument from a lot of different people about different things (particularly people at the top level of government). To me it is whining and self pity. The world isn't fair, so do the best you can to work within the given constraints. WG was pretty clear about the expiration constraint (midnight). If I have something that takes me away from participating in the scavenger hunt (e.g. work, family, etc), I would not make the argument that it is unfair that I missed the deadline and that WG should give me a mulligan.

 

Yes, people have the responsibility to release codes on a given day, but there is absolutely no stated or implied responsibility that I know of to release a code before 11:59:59p on a given day.

 



snangdingler #368 Posted Today, 02:07 AM

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 22634 battles
  • 9
  • [656TH] 656TH
  • Member since:
    02-16-2015

View PostISNomads, on Feb 19 2019 - 01:14, said:

 

I am not arguing that the overall execution doesn't leave a lot to be desired. But blaming one CC for a WG issue and for her ruining the event for you is silly. WG could have programmed the codes to be available for 72 hours and told the community that you can enter the codes for up to 2 days after the day the code is issued. They also could have coordinated with the CCs to provide codes that would truly expire 48 hours after being posted. All out of the control of the CC. The biggest problem is that WG used "48 hours" and that is what people latched onto without looking at the details. Is that potentially confusing? Extremely.

 

As for the "its not fair" argument. I hear that argument from a lot of different people about different things (particularly people at the top level of government). To me it is whining and self pity. The world isn't fair, so do the best you can to work within the given constraints. WG was pretty clear about the expiration constraint (midnight). If I have something that takes me away from participating in the scavenger hunt (e.g. work, family, etc), I would not make the argument that it is unfair that I missed the deadline and that WG should give me a mulligan.

 

Yes, people have the responsibility to release codes on a given day, but there is absolutely no stated or implied responsibility that I know of to release a code before 11:59:59p on a given day.

 

 

They made the exception for the 3rd and the 14th. The 16th was no different and should be included. I have no desire to swap insults. Continue on if you must or you could realize that this is a forum where people have differing opinions which should be allowed to be expressed without being belittled by other contributors. 

ISNomads #369 Posted Today, 02:17 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37013 battles
  • 2,367
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postsnangdingler, on Feb 18 2019 - 17:07, said:

 

They made the exception for the 3rd and the 14th. The 16th was no different and should be included. I have no desire to swap insults. Continue on if you must or you could realize that this is a forum where people have differing opinions which should be allowed to be expressed without being belittled by other contributors. 

 

I did express an opinion, much of it factually based.

 

Another opinion is that mulligans for certain days is not the right move. If they do anything, they should do like they have done in past events and give a generic 2-3 day buffer for the prizing. That is, get 25 out of 28 codes to win the top prize rather than requiring 28 of 28. That would result in a lot fewer posts with people freaking out about missed codes and would be better for player perception overall.



Oxboy1212 #370 Posted Today, 02:21 AM

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 41215 battles
  • 510
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015
what's today's code?




17 user(s) are reading this topic

13 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users


    TAM2012, papasthemouse, rockmaster_92, KAM_Akazi, EbolaRain, Siergen, edk_tpr, malaclase, DarthDaytona, Kpindel65, PitBully_1, HelmetFire, Thunder21Heavy