Earn Boosters and other Goodies in the Scavenger Hunt!

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 20:32

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3654 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

FINAL UPDATE: 

Hey everybody! 

Just a quick update for ya, I've posted a detailed explanation for the February Scavenger Hunt Missions in the following thread:

March Missions for February Scavenger Hunt

In the interest of consolidating all the various Scavenger Hunt threads, I figured it would be best to post the missions to a fresh thread. 

-Domo

2/8 UPDATE: Missions appear to be functioning more or less properly after the emergency fix, however PLEASE BE ADVISED: It may take 4 completions instead of 2 to receive your 30K XP Reward. If you are receiving 6x of each booster per battle, it will take 4 completions.

If your tokens got messed up and your 30K went on the wrong tank, please submit a ticket and PM Domosapien with your ticket ID.

Hey Tankers!

For those who haven't heard the word, we're running a scavenger hunt across all our social channels and our community contributors channels as well.  They are pretty easy to find if you are familiar with our channels.

If not, here are some places you'll want to check out:

For detailed information, visit our portal article linked here.

Scavenger Hunt Mission #1: Feb. 6-8

Scavenger Hunt Mission #2: Feb. 6-8

Assuming you complete Mission 1 on your first battle and your second battle, the XP Reward for Mission 2 will be applied to the vehicle you used for your second battle.

Also check our Community Contributors, and our own Cody_menz created an awesome website that lists all of them, among a whole lot of interesting and very useful information.

Click here to check it out. 

GLHF!

UPDATE 2: 

So I have some bad news, some good news, and some more kind of bad news.

Bad news is that the issue is more complex than anticipated.

Good news is that the engineers are hard at work on a fix, and we've been given confirmation that the missions will be fixed and go live on Friday, February 8th, 06:00 PT | 08:00 CT | 09:00 ET

Sort of bad news is that it might not be possible to get the end time adjusted, so the Missions are likely to run until their original end date of 00:00 CT on Monday February 11th. We're going to do our best to push it back and extend it, but plan accordingly.

I know it's been a bumpy road, and I apologize for the additional delay; we made the decision to have them start tomorrow at 8AM since we are already past the projected start time of 8AM today and we don't want to catch anyone by surprise and make them miss out on the 30K XP Reward.

UPDATE 2/15: 

First off, thank you again for all your patience. I seem to finally have caught up on all the private messages I received both here and on Reddit; I've responded to everyone but if I missed your message or you're waiting for an update from me, please feel free to reply to your message so I get a notification.

All players that contacted me or Customer Support should have either been taken care of by Customer Support or added to my list for manual compensation, which will be going out by next weekend (possibly today, depending if I can get the mass invoice request submitted in time)

Second: There was scheduling issue on our part with 4TankersandDog's code yesterday. The code should now be live on 4TankersandDog's Youtube channel on one of his recent videos, but in case you can't find it, not to worry! I talked with the event guys and we're going to be crediting everyone who's participating in the Scavenger Hunt with credit for the February 14th Code, in addition to the February 3rd Code that dropped a day late on Cody's channels earlier this month.

As long as you've been participating in the Scavenger Hunt, those two codes will be freebies.

To answer questions about the format for the February Rewards: We are in the process of getting the missions & reward structure finalized, and will be posting an article next week with the relevant info. Obviously, on the execution side, there were some logistic problems with this month's Scavenger Hunt Missions so we're taking extra care to make sure everything operates as smoothly as possible next month.

Love,

Domo

UPDATE: We've identified the issue with Hidden Missions 1 and 2;  we have contacted the Serverside Engineer team for a fix. 

The projected start time is 8:00AM CT, February 7th

Assuming the technical issue is more complex than anticipated, we're also looking into the possibility of simply serving your rewards via a data pull on our back end.

Edited by DomoSapien, Feb 27 2019 - 23:37.
Final Update

MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 20:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 25827 battles
Every time I try to sort it out I get an ice cream headache. You guys must have a lot of time on your hands.

FrontenacDuVandoo #3 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 20:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15643 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

Restrictions:

• Collect at least four (4) codes and redeem each one for a Token in order to access the mission

Shouldn't that be "up to" rather than "at least". Otherwise partial code hunting is not rewarded at all.

DomoSapien #4 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 21:02

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

There are two Scavenger Hunts. One which is (somewhat inaccurately, at this point) called the January Scavenger Hunt. Here's how that works.

Redeem the "January" codes (Bug your favorite Community Contributor for their code, check our recent articles, social media and Youtube for the other codes, they're all up) 

• For every code you redeem, you'll get a Token that allows you to complete Mission 1 (once per token).
  • If you get 4 Tokens, after you Complete Mission 1 one time, you will get a Super-TokenThe Super-Token will unlock Mission 2.
  • At this point, you'll want to play the tank that should get the 30K XP.
  • Assuming you place in the Top 10 again, you will complete Mission 1 and Mission 2. You'll get the boosters for Mission 1 and the XP/Food for Mission 2.
  • Afterwards, you'll still be able to complete Mission 1 two more times.

These missions will be active from February 6th - February 11th.

The Partial Code Hunt (AKA The February Scavenger Hunt) that kicked off today on XanderP's Channel is separate. It is exclusive to our Community Contributors (No website, social media, or WoT Weekly Code) and you can collect up to 28 of them this month.
  • In the first week of March, you will get another set of hidden missions, which also can be completed as many times as you collect codes.
  • So theoretically, you can get the same boosters up to 28 times, for a total of 252 Booster.

Edited by DomoSapien, Feb 01 2019 - 21:03.

RetroMan55 #5 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 21:10

Captain

• Players
  • 90986 battles
  • [DWING] DWING
Sounds easy enough, but most players are still unaware of all this.  Posting the info on the Game Center start-up screen is a good start.  Now if only you could teach most of the player base to read it.

YANKEE137 #6 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 23:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 13834 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
They turned a simple contest in Quantum Physics.

Edited by YANKEE137, Feb 01 2019 - 23:27.

MossSkeeter #7 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 12:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 21283 battles

well I masnaged to get one code so far from utube xanderp  here it is FPJY5ATX    and so far havnt seen anymore???

SgtDiesel #8 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 16:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5705 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostMossSkeeter, on Feb 04 2019 - 05:03, said:

well I masnaged to get one code so far from utube xanderp  here it is FPJY5ATX    and so far havnt seen anymore???

Each one is supposed to refer you to the next one...the first two days were available, but day #3 (cody_menz) had a note that the code was unavailable and would be available today (Monday the 4th).  He didn't have a note on where day #4 would be either, and his channel doesn't mention either one so far this morning.

Caketime #9 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 16:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H
You should post this on the game center, and maybe explain it a little more clearly. Your current explanations are long winded and make one wonder why this is not an ingame event instead of something ridiculous like this with zero communication whatsoever outside of the forums. This is a kick in the sack to people who don't follow all of your community contributors and have no [edited]idea where to even begin looking. Is there a list of these nerds lying around somewhere?

joedoe_hero #10 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 20:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 62671 battles

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER FORUM PAGE ATTACHED TO THIS ARTICAL????? did you delete it because of all the negative comments about this contest? a few days ago when you clicked on this article a different chat page came up but today its a new one, why? did you get offended that so many players were upset about this contest? and 3 days in and your CC's are not doing their part, way to go wargaming.

THIS IS  A TOTAL FAILURE and you wonder why your player base keeps going down.

day 2 code is;     7TMUYWCY, It has timed out, you have 48hrs to redeem it before it expires from time it was posted

day 3 code is;     9NX7JP2F

day 4                  NSUEKS4P     hey sry guys, I reversed a couple of letters originally. it should be correct now

Edited by joedoe_hero, Feb 05 2019 - 21:49.

SgtDiesel #11 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 21:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5705 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostSgtDiesel, on Feb 04 2019 - 09:51, said:

Each one is supposed to refer you to the next one...the first two days were available, but day #3 (cody_menz) had a note that the code was unavailable and would be available today (Monday the 4th).  He didn't have a note on where day #4 would be either, and his channel doesn't mention either one so far this morning.

FYI, cody_menz has a post up for the yesterday / today #1 code: https://wotguru.com/...DigjmxFI4DEmBjI

FrontenacDuVandoo #12 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 21:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15643 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View Postjoedoe_hero, on Feb 04 2019 - 14:56, said:

and 3 days in and your CC's are not doing their part, way to go wargaming.

Don't blame the CC when it was WG who failed to provide the code.

Cody published his video on time, and he made it clear that he had no code to give.

DomoSapien #13 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 21:56

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSgtDiesel, on Feb 04 2019 - 14:00, said:

FYI, cody_menz has a post up for the yesterday / today #1 code: https://wotguru.com/...DigjmxFI4DEmBjI

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Feb 04 2019 - 14:46, said:

Don't blame the CC when it was WG who failed to provide the code.

Cody published his video on time, and he made it clear that he had no code to give.

Yes, there was a technical issue with Cody's code yesterday which we were able to fix today. The code should be live on his channels and website! 

Make sure you tune into FORTEC_TAQUITO_7u7's channel today as well! Tomorrow, XanderP joins us again for another code drop :)

View Postjoedoe_hero, on Feb 04 2019 - 13:56, said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER FORUM PAGE ATTACHED TO THIS ARTICAL????? did you delete it because of all the negative comments about this contest?

Are you referring to this thread? It's still up. Jambijon posted this one up so that we could get as much information out about the event and clear up as much confusion as we can.

Clearly, experience is showing me that there are some quality of life issues with this scavenger hunt that can certainly be addressed for future events. Please take it easy on me, though, this is the first time we've run an event like this and I'm doing my best to clear up any confusion about the prizing! I appreciate everyone's patience and excitement about the event. 

Remember: we can only go up from here. Everything is a learning experience and I'm taking detailed notes with everyone's feedback <3

Edited by DomoSapien, Feb 04 2019 - 22:01.

RetroMan55 #14 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 21:59

Captain

• Players
  • 90986 battles
  • [DWING] DWING
That Day 4 code comes up invalid - maybe it's for EU server?

DomoSapien #15 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:02

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostRetroMan55, on Feb 04 2019 - 14:59, said:

That Day 4 code comes up invalid - maybe it's for EU server?

try it again, I just checked on my account and it worked!

RetroMan55 #16 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:07

Captain

• Players
  • 90986 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 04 2019 - 15:02, said:

try it again, I just checked on my account and it worked!

Tried 4 times, and Invalid each time.

YANKEE137 #17 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 13834 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Relax Domo. Nobody here expects perfection. Particularly where you are involved.  :trollface:

Edited by YANKEE137, Feb 04 2019 - 22:27.

NightmareMk9 #18 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 34879 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Domo, are the Community Contributor Scavenger Hunt Codes supposed to give us some sort of "Booster" as indicated in this post from 4TankersAndDog?

Because they don't give us the Personal Reserve right after the code is entered (like they did in December)

farshade #19 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 00:51

Private

• Players
  • 18839 battles
Yeah, the 4th code you stated above is not valid.  Also, I have entered 3 codes so far and have not gotten anything yet.  The details are confusing.  I thought we were supposed to get personal reserves after we entered the code.  I have gotten nothing yet for the 3 codes that I have entered.  All 3 codes said thank you when I entered them.  The only one that has not worked is the one Domo stated above for day 4.  

Wanderjar #20 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 01:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 27389 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
On march 1 there's a secret mission that will pop and you have to finish in the top 10 by Exp twice in the same tank (so the 2x booster doesnt apply) and then the rewards you get are based on how many of these codes you manage to find within the window. Watch the 4Tankers vid again and take notes

Its non-linear but the info is out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users