Earn Boosters and other Goodies in the Scavenger Hunt!

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

MordenGeist #141 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14855 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_

View PostSgtDiesel, on Feb 14 2019 - 15:16, said:

No, the "hidden missions" are no longer hidden--they added the missions during the initial troubleshooting.  The 401 missions are irrelevant.

Also, the daily codes are February codes, for March missions.  The February missions are based on the January codes.

Ok, so no one has yet answered the underlying question I keep trying to get answered.  If no one knows, that's cool.   Just want to stop playing forum tag and get an answer.

Question is this:  The 2 missions that are currently showing as "Community Contributor Scavenger Hunt"  under "Supply Raid" and listed as "unavailable" have no instructions on how to unlock them.   The end date is 2 days away (Feb 16th) and all codes thusfar have been entered.   So, how to unlock?  What am I/are we missing?  

I'm slightly autistic with this crapand its driving me crazy that I have missions showing and no way to unlock, nor instructions to navigate to help understand why they're there.   Any clear and concise answer to help solve this would be appreciated, BIGLY.

By Diesels reply above, I am reading it (possibly) as the two locked missions wont be unlocked until March?  After ALL the codes are put in? 

Edited by MordenGeist, Feb 14 2019 - 19:04.

SgtDiesel #142 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 23:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4777 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostMordenGeist, on Feb 14 2019 - 12:02, said:

Ok, so no one has yet answered the underlying question I keep trying to get answered.  If no one knows, that's cool.   Just want to stop playing forum tag and get an answer.

Question is this:  The 2 missions that are currently showing as "Community Contributor Scavenger Hunt"  under "Supply Raid" and listed as "unavailable" have no instructions on how to unlock them.   The end date is 2 days away (Feb 16th) and all codes thusfar have been entered.   So, how to unlock?  What am I/are we missing?  

I'm slightly autistic with this crapand its driving me crazy that I have missions showing and no way to unlock, nor instructions to navigate to help understand why they're there.   Any clear and concise answer to help solve this would be appreciated, BIGLY.

By Diesels reply above, I am reading it (possibly) as the two locked missions wont be unlocked until March?  After ALL the codes are put in? 

That's the crux of the issue many of us are having.  The 3 missions collectively you see are supposed to be what the January codes were for: the 4 redemptions of consumables as well as the 30K of XP.  For many of us, it's broken in some way or another, as the 30K of XP mission won't trigger (or more accurately, isn't available because the stamps from the other 2 missions weren't provided correctly.)  We get the 4 redemptions, but not in the quantity expected by the client, blocking us from completing the 30K mission. 

My suspicion is this is because the predecessor missions were added & changed during the course of Wargaming's troubleshooting--so it likely worked for those who were playing the game daily because their stamps generated in the quantities necessary for the 30K XP mission.  Those of us who were trying to play it safe to make sure we got the XP where we wanted are now stuck because we didn't trigger the missions in the same way.  No idea if this is accurate, just something that may explain the issue.

SgtDiesel #143 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 00:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4777 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
@DomoSapien it's been a few days since you've provided an update, can you please let us know where this stands?  The end date on the missions is currently the 16th, so we have less than 2 days remaining.

MordenGeist #144 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 05:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14855 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_

Ok, finally found info.  All these Feb codes will not unlock until March 1st.  The "unavailable" missions hanging around in the missions tab under "Community Contributor Scavenger Hunt" are the ones that will unlock at that time.  Number of boosters and such you get is 100% dependent upon how many Feb codes you enter by March 1st.

Per this link: https://wotguru.com/world-of-tanks-na-february-scavenger-hunt/

Edited by MordenGeist, Feb 15 2019 - 05:26.

SgtDiesel #145 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 17:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4777 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostMordenGeist, on Feb 14 2019 - 22:24, said:

Ok, finally found info.  All these Feb codes will not unlock until March 1st.  The "unavailable" missions hanging around in the missions tab under "Community Contributor Scavenger Hunt" are the ones that will unlock at that time.  Number of boosters and such you get is 100% dependent upon how many Feb codes you enter by March 1st.

Close.  The February missions were supposed to be hidden and the March missions are supposed to be hidden as well.  The ones you see were added by Wargaming a day or two into the February missions because the hidden ones weren't working correctly.  So the ones you see ARE for February.  I'm hoping that they'll change their minds on the March missions and make them visible also from the get-go, maybe we'll have a better shot of those actually functioning.

DomoSapien #146 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 20:17

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14072 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, a few updates for you:

First off, thank you again for all your patience. I seem to finally have caught up on all the private messages I received both here and on Reddit; I've responded to everyone but if I missed your message or you're waiting for an update from me, please feel free to reply to your message so I get a notification.

All players that contacted me or Customer Support should have either been taken care of by Customer Support or added to my list for manual compensation, which will be going out by next weekend (possibly today, depending if I can get the mass invoice request submitted in time)

Second: There was scheduling issue on our part with 4TankersandDog's code yesterday. The code should now be live on 4TankersandDog's Youtube channel on one of his recent videos, but in case you can't find it, not to worry! I talked with the event guys and we're going to be crediting everyone who's participating in the Scavenger Hunt with credit for the February 14th Code, in addition to the February 3rd Code that dropped a day late on Cody's channels earlier this month.

As long as you've been participating in the Scavenger Hunt, those two codes will be freebies.

To answer questions about the format for the February Rewards: We are in the process of getting the missions & reward structure finalized, and will be posting an article next week with the relevant info. Obviously, on the execution side, there were some logistic problems with this month's Scavenger Hunt Missions so we're taking extra care to make sure everything operates as smoothly as possible next month.

I'll pin this info to the top of both Scavenger Hunt threads. 

MadMikigan #147 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 17:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 43661 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 15 2019 - 20:17, said:

First off, thank you again for all your patience. I seem to finally have caught up on all the private messages I received both here and on Reddit; I've responded to everyone but if I missed your message or you're waiting for an update from me, please feel free to reply to your message so I get a notification.

All players that contacted me or Customer Support should have either been taken care of by Customer Support or added to my list for manual compensation, which will be going out by next weekend (possibly today, depending if I can get the mass invoice request submitted in time)

Second: There was scheduling issue on our part with 4TankersandDog's code yesterday. The code should now be live on 4TankersandDog's Youtube channel on one of his recent videos, but in case you can't find it, not to worry! I talked with the event guys and we're going to be crediting everyone who's participating in the Scavenger Hunt with credit for the February 14th Code, in addition to the February 3rd Code that dropped a day late on Cody's channels earlier this month.

As long as you've been participating in the Scavenger Hunt, those two codes will be freebies.

To answer questions about the format for the February Rewards: We are in the process of getting the missions & reward structure finalized, and will be posting an article next week with the relevant info. Obviously, on the execution side, there were some logistic problems with this month's Scavenger Hunt Missions so we're taking extra care to make sure everything operates as smoothly as possible next month.

I'll pin this info to the top of both Scavenger Hunt threads. 

I PMed you now in the game as both my Operation Avenger AND Scavenger Hunt missions were screwed up. Why must we have created customer support tickets when there were several threads on the forums with responses from Customer Service promising that something would be done EN MASSE?  

Tao_Te_Tomato #148 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 17:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24263 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostMordenGeist, on Feb 15 2019 - 05:24, said:

So it looks like "be careful what you play first on March 1, since you might have credit for a bunch of missions and that win is going to be the tank that gets the wad o'XP. 

joedoe_hero #149 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 21:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 62510 battles

domosapien

here is ticket ive been trying to resolve with no luck.    ID 117468068

hello,
this is the February scavenger hunt code, (PSWFWP77) for the 12th. it came out on the 12th and I tried to enter it at 2:00am (central time, US) on the 14th and the code was invalid already. I thought we had 48 hours to put in the codes from the time they are released by the CC's. I know this code did not come out before 2:00am on the 12th so why wont it go through? I would like to see it put in as received unless you have some reason to tell me and all the others out their doing this contest about your unannounced rules change in the middle of the contest.

thank you for your consideration of this issue,
joedoe

Hi joedoe_hero,
Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support and continued love for the game!
I understand that you are having issue not being able to redeem PSWFWP77 for your game account.
Upon checking our records, it shows that this code is valid until 2019-02-14 00:00:59 -08:00 only that's why you were not able to redeem it.
Hope this clear things up.
Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to visit Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you and have a great day Commander

me again;

please look at the time I stated that I tried to enter the code, it was at 2am central time (US) on the 14th, 6 hours before the deadline. I am guessing that these tickets have a time stamp on them so you should be able to verify that I was posting this well in advance of the deadline for the code. your expiration time makes no sense either, you give a midnight to 8am time window for the code to expire and don't say what time zone. if it is the US central time I was in that window so how could it not be accepted? also, how does an expiration time have an 8 hour window? I think you guys are making this whole thing up as you go along. not happy with wargaming at all, you make it hard to be enthused to play this game any longer and you wonder why players are getting fed up and leaving.

Hi joedoe_hero,
Thank you for getting back to us at Wargaming Support.
I see that you were trying to redeem the code PSWFWP77 in your account. Let me help you on this.
Based on our system, the redemption code for this period was already over. We've checked your account and it seems you haven't redeem the code yet. However, you attempt to redeem the code which was past the redemption time which was the reason why you got an error message. 
The redemption time was until Local time - America/Los_Angeles: 2019-02-14 00:00. You failed to redeem the code on time and we do not have any means to manually add code to your account. 
We hope this clear things out. If you have other questions, please visit our FAQ page or contact us again if you need further assistance.
Seize the day, Commander!

me again;

here  are your rules copied from the scavenger hunt page;

"Here’s the catch: We’re only going to reveal the first Contributor you should tune into, and each code will only be active for 48 hours! It’s up to you to stay up to date and tune in to the correct Contributors every day at the right time and stick around for their code."

who was the CC on the 12th? I would like to know so I can go to his posting and look at the time it was posted. you say we have 48 hours from the time "they" post it, not from the time you may have sent it to them. is this poor wording on your part or just outright deception.....
I would have gotten to it sooner if it had been made clear your clock started on the day of release at midnight and not at 6-8pm when the CC did his stream for the day with the code giving us really just 28-30 hours to activate it.

end of current ticket. if their is any thing you can do that would be great. if the 48 hours is not accurate you need to do an entire new news article on the start page and explain to us what you say and what you mean are two different things. I'm one step closer to dropping this game because you guys cant get your stories straight.

SgtDiesel #150 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 21:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4777 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View Postjoedoe_hero, on Feb 16 2019 - 14:28, said:

domosapien

hello,
this is the February scavenger hunt code, (PSWFWP77) for the 12th. it came out on the 12th and I tried to enter it at 2:00am (central time, US) on the 14th and the code was invalid already. I thought we had 48 hours to put in the codes from the time they are released by the CC's. I know this code did not come out before 2:00am on the 12th so why wont it go through? I would like to see it put in as received unless you have some reason to tell me and all the others out their doing this contest about your unannounced rules change in the middle of the contest.

joedoe

Hi joedoe_hero,
I understand that you are having issue not being able to redeem PSWFWP77 for your game account.
Upon checking our records, it shows that this code is valid until 2019-02-14 00:00:59 -08:00 only that's why you were not able to redeem it.
Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to visit Frequently Asked Questions

me again;

please look at the time I stated that I tried to enter the code, it was at 2am central time (US) on the 14th, 6 hours before the deadline. I am guessing that these tickets have a time stamp on them so you should be able to verify that I was posting this well in advance of the deadline for the code. your expiration time makes no sense either, you give a midnight to 8am time window for the code to expire and don't say what time zone. if it is the US central time I was in that window so how could it not be accepted? also, how does an expiration time have an 8 hour window? I think you guys are making this whole thing up as you go along. not happy with wargaming at all, you make it hard to be enthused to play this game any longer and you wonder why players are getting fed up and leaving.

Hi joedoe_hero,
I see that you were trying to redeem the code PSWFWP77 in your account. Let me help you on this.
Based on our system, the redemption code for this period was already over. We've checked your account and it seems you haven't redeem the code yet. However, you attempt to redeem the code which was past the redemption time which was the reason why you got an error message. 
The redemption time was until Local time - America/Los_Angeles: 2019-02-14 00:00. You failed to redeem the code on time and we do not have any means to manually add code to your account. 
We hope this clear things out. If you have other questions, please visit our FAQ page or contact us again if you need further assistance.

me again;

"Here’s the catch: We’re only going to reveal the first Contributor you should tune into, and each code will only be active for 48 hours! It’s up to you to stay up to date and tune in to the correct Contributors every day at the right time and stick around for their code."

who was the CC on the 12th? I would like to know so I can go to his posting and look at the time it was posted. you say we have 48 hours from the time "they" post it, not from the time you may have sent it to them. is this poor wording on your part or just outright deception.....
I would have gotten to it sooner if it had been made clear your clock started on the day of release at midnight and not at 6-8pm when the CC did his stream for the day with the code giving us really just 28-30 hours to activate it.

end of current ticket. if their is any thing you can do that would be great. if the 48 hours is not accurate you need to do an entire new news article on the start page and explain to us what you say and what you mean are two different things. I'm one step closer to dropping this game because you guys cant get your stories straight.

Yea, I missed one of the February codes for this reason too.  It says 48 hours, but it's not.  It's until midnight of the day after, so it's usually around 36 hours depending on who drops the code, sometimes less.  Makes it difficult since life comes up.

joedoe_hero #151 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 00:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 62510 battles

View PostSgtDiesel, on Feb 16 2019 - 21:43, said:

Yea, I missed one of the February codes for this reason too.  It says 48 hours, but it's not.  It's until midnight of the day after, so it's usually around 36 hours depending on who drops the code, sometimes less.  Makes it difficult since life comes up.

then wargaming needs to put out a new news article on the start page that clarifies their poor wording. they say 48 hours in the article, but they can mean as little as 28 hours depending on when the CC puts out their code. I could have put the code in several hours before but told myself I have time and will do it after i'm done playing for the day. wargaming wonders why their player base declines when they cant put out clear rules and wont admit to their mistakes. they misworded it plain and simple.

Edited by joedoe_hero, Feb 17 2019 - 00:38.

joedoe_hero #152 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 08:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 62510 battles

View Postjoedoe_hero, on Feb 16 2019 - 21:28, said:

domosapien

hello,

joedoe

Hi joedoe_hero,

me again;

Hi joedoe_hero,

me again;

Hi joedoe_hero,
We appreciate your dedication to the game and we totally understand the frustrations that caused you because of missing the code.
However, we as support team have limitations and we cannot do such request to add the codes to your account. We do apologize for this inconvenience and your understanding on this matter his highly appreciated.
We'll forward this to our developers for future development of the game. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us. 

See you in the battlefield, Commander!

my response;

well who can fix the problem? I would like to hear from them. you have a supervisor I'm guessing. you still have not even admitted to the poorly worded rules for the event either, are you not capable of saying that you messed up? you know my point is valid, your rules state we have 48 hours to put the code in, no more, no less. if you cant stick to the rules you published in the event article them what are we the players ever suppose to do in the future, just keep hearing you guys say "sorry that's not what we really meant". something got messed up and I don't want anyone's head on a platter, I just want you to admit your mistake and fix it.

but guess what, they locked it so they don't have to hear anymore. so why even have a space for me to waste my time to reply if you lock the ticket because you wont admit your failings. guess its time to contact the CCs and see what they think of your poorly developed contest rules. I hope they take this and hit you hard across the entire community.

Tao_Te_Tomato #153 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 17:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24263 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 15 2019 - 20:17, said:

Nah, not a peep from CS.  I suspect they're tired of hearing about the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users