• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

progarimen #1 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 5145 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

Hello Tankers :unsure:,

Myself being hard-of-hearing and playing World Of Tanks for eight years. I have been playing this game because I love its style of competition between players. I do not like playing other styles of games. I want to tell that this game is becoming more and more disgusting to me. A lot of clans require TS and be able to talk and hear, as hard-of hearing person I am able to talk nor hear very well. My hearing is some sort of 30% understanding. Now back to reason why this game makes me disgusting feelings. They added tanks object 907, and other five tanks that players only who have made top 2700 will be able to buy with bonds. But the problem is that most clans require TeamSpeak and things that I described recently. Otherwise they will not take, and what mostly they would say is "We will take against weak players". Funny thing is you will not reach top 2700 by that. :sceptic:

So it looks like I will never be able to play tournaments 2v2, 3v3, and other types. To join real strong competitive clans that will accept me and play with me. There go limited rewards and pleasure. I am very good player, know some logic and strategies. But how was I born hard-of-hearing person makes me limited to be able to participate and enjoy some features that game added. This is sad. 

Any ideas and thoughts what I should do? Saying "stop playing this game" is stupid answer. Hopefully Wargaming support will read this and give a good reply. :(

P.S. I started playing at Russia and when I moved to U.S. years ago I created new U.S. account as I am no longer living at Russia. 

Sincerely,

Garik A

cKy_ #2 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 4504 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
Play pubbies. I routinely play listening to music instead of the game, so I know that you don't have to have good hearing to succeed.

redjkent #3 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 96430 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

i find that the top clans only care about themselves, there are social clans that don't do much ts or coms they just play the game

i also think they should make it so people not in clans also can get a chance to get those tanks its only fair why give the top 2percent an advantage

progarimen #4 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 5145 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:37, said:

Play pubbies. I routinely play listening to music instead of the game, so I know that you don't have to have good hearing to succeed.

My point is you will not get obj 907 and other tanks that are limited. You're limited to receiving rewards that are unique. Playing pubbies for more than 6 years will make you feel boring and you get into a realization that you are not able to participate as you are not able to hear, if you were like me.

Steel_nomad #5 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2091 battles
  • [H2O] H2O

View Postprogarimen, on Feb 02 2019 - 04:40, said:

My point is you will not get obj 907 and other tanks that are limited. You're limited to receiving rewards that are unique. Playing pubbies for more than 6 years will make you feel boring and you get into a realization that you are not able to participate as you are not able to hear, if you were like me.

but you said hard to hear, not totally deaf

progarimen #6 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 5145 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:38, said:

i find that the top clans only care about themselves, there are social clans that don't do much ts or coms they just play the game

i also think they should make it so people not in clans also can get a chance to get those tanks its only fair why give the top 2percent an advantage

Agree with your point. 

progarimen #7 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 5145 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostSteel_nomad, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:42, said:

but you said hard to hear, not totally deaf

Do you know what it is like growing and being hard of hearing? It is different world. Being hard of hearing does not guarantee you to understand the speeches completely and it depends on your hearing loss.

boysenbeary #8 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22481 battles

Pogari, wargaming have recently said they might be adding in a bonds shop soon to purchase special vehicles

Now, if you're only interested in the frankly overperforming soviet medium that is the 907, you might be out of luck, but providing you play randoms or ranked well and get bonds, you might be able to get other special/reward vehicles through said shop

Again, you'll have to keep an open mind about other vehicles, because there is no guarantee you'll get the 907 unless you play in top clans

cKy_ #9 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 4504 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View Postprogarimen, on Feb 02 2019 - 15:40, said:

If you're incapable of obtaining rare reward tanks, that is fully your problem. WG can't make a competitive clan take you on, and quite frankly, I don't blame top clans for not wanting you. I wouldn't want someone that can't effectively communicate in my competitive clan either.

redjkent #10 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 04:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 96430 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:52, said:

If you're incapable of obtaining rare reward tanks, that is fully your problem. WG can't make a competitive clan take you on, and quite frankly, I don't blame top clans for not wanting you. I wouldn't want someone that can't effectively communicate in my competitive clan either.

because he has disability you wouldn't want him on your team, you do know what that make you right

maybe think before you speak, someday you might have a disability

Edited by redjkent, Feb 02 2019 - 04:55.

commander42 #11 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:06

Major

• Players
  • 26905 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
as long as the rewards do not give them an advantage in randoms I do not have a problem with the top clans getting unique stuff in clan wars.  The problem however is when they earn bonds or a vehicle that is OP.  Special stuff=good, OP stuff=bad

That is in regards to clan rewards in general, as for your specific point about clans requiring teamspeak, they can ask for whatever they specifically want to require, whether it is a reasonable requirement or not doesn't matter.  Personally ive been in one clan that has requires a third party communication site, cant remember which one it is but the clan wasn't a great one competitive wise so certainly not a requirement limited to the top clans.  Not all clans require it however(my current one does not, I don't use third party communication but am still recruitment officer) so my advice is finding one that does not require it.   

As for the tournaments, before they disappeared, WG USED to have an option that it would put you on a team if you couldn't make a full one yourself.  For some reason WG cut out this feature when they returned, guess they wanted LESS people to be able to participate so that they wouldn't give out as much rewards. 

tod914 #12 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:07

Major

• Players
  • 64660 battles
I play without sound as well.  I'm sure your giving up some battle intel by doing so, but it's really not necessary.

redjkent #13 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 96430 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View Postcommander42, on Feb 02 2019 - 04:06, said:

as long as the rewards do not give them an advantage in randoms I do not have a problem with the top clans getting unique stuff in clan wars.  The problem however is when they earn bonds or a vehicle that is OP.  Special stuff=good, OP stuff=bad

That is in regards to clan rewards in general, as for your specific point about clans requiring teamspeak, they can ask for whatever they specifically want to require, whether it is a reasonable requirement or not doesn't matter.  Personally ive been in one clan that has requires a third party communication site, cant remember which one it is but the clan wasn't a great one competitive wise so certainly not a requirement limited to the top clans.  Not all clans require it however(my current one does not, I don't use third party communication but am still recruitment officer) so my advice is finding one that does not require it.   

As for the tournaments, before they disappeared, WG USED to have an option that it would put you on a team if you couldn't make a full one yourself.  For some reason WG cut out this feature when they returned, guess they wanted LESS people to be able to participate so that they wouldn't give out as much rewards. 

they got rid of the random team option on the tourneys because 80 percent of the random players would check there teamates stats and if they didnt like them they would not play in the tournament, i was in the last one and over 600 people signed up and only 50 people ended up actually playing

BigDollarBillz #14 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:30

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostcKy_, on Feb 01 2019 - 22:52, said:

I never do this. But I wish something bad would happen to you, where you lost your vision and hearing. Then you would know what it is like to have a disability that you can't control. You're exactly the type of person that I used to love just beating the crapout of, because you disrespected someone with a disability. I guess your parents never taught you to respect other people and things.

BigDollarBillz #15 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View Postprogarimen, on Feb 01 2019 - 22:33, said:

Myself being hard-of-hearing and playing World Of Tanks for eight years. I have been playing this game because I love its style of competition between players. I do not like playing other styles of games. I want to tell that this game is becoming more and more disgusting to me. A lot of clans require TS and be able to talk and hear, as hard-of hearing person I am able to talk nor hear very well. My hearing is some sort of 30% understanding. Now back to reason why this game makes me disgusting feelings. They added tanks object 907, and other five tanks that players only who have made top 2700 will be able to buy with bonds. But the problem is that most clans require TeamSpeak and things that I described recently. Otherwise they will not take, and what mostly they would say is "We will take against weak players". Funny thing is you will not reach top 2700 by that. :sceptic:

So it looks like I will never be able to play tournaments 2v2, 3v3, and other types. To join real strong competitive clans that will accept me and play with me. There go limited rewards and pleasure. I am very good player, know some logic and strategies. But how was I born hard-of-hearing person makes me limited to be able to participate and enjoy some features that game added. This is sad. 

Any ideas and thoughts what I should do? Saying "stop playing this game" is stupid answer. Hopefully Wargaming support will read this and give a good reply. :(

P.S. I started playing at Russia and when I moved to U.S. years ago I created new U.S. account as I am no longer living at Russia. 

Sincerely,

Garik A

If I'm not mistaken D-Day has a gentlemen that is deaf. Maybe check with them and see how they make it work. I would invite you into our clan in a heartbeat. We would figure something out. You would need to be in ts, but you could turn your headset off. We would make it work by pinging the location, where you need to go. Sorry for the clown that totally disrespected you. Some people were never taught to respect others. But again the op had to re-roll to make their self look good at a game made of pixel tanks.

progarimen #16 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 5145 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 01 2019 - 20:35, said:

If I'm not mistaken D-Day has a gentlemen that is deaf. Maybe check with them and see how they make it work. I would invite you into our clan in a heartbeat. We would figure something out. You would need to be in ts, but you could turn your headset off. We would make it work by pinging the location, where you need to go. Sorry for the clown that totally disrespected you. Some people were never taught to respect others. But again the op had to re-roll to make their self look good at a game made of pixel tanks.

Thank you for support and info, I appreciate it! It is nice to have a person in the world like you. I will do ask and join when I would want! 

GenPanzer #17 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:47

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

I'm not sure I'm understanding what is being asked here.

You can alter volumes of the game and ts to accommodate your hard hearing (turn game down and ts up).

Or do you want WG to somehow alter the game to accommodate you? And how?

I don't understand.

RIA1911 #18 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 06:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6413 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Feb 01 2019 - 23:47, said:

You can alter volumes of the game and ts to accommodate your hard hearing (turn game down and ts up).

I don't understand.

Hearing problems are not all about volume, so going louder doesn't always help.

My mother has problems with frequency range and speech recognition, also she can also have problems with background noise, say like in a restaurant where the noises all kinda just fuse together(this seems to be due to the frequency problems.

I wish the OP good luck , hope he can find what he's looking for , and it's great to see those trying to help.

Steel_nomad #19 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 07:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2091 battles
  • [H2O] H2O

View PostGenPanzer, on Feb 02 2019 - 05:47, said:

I don't understand.

That's the problem he's should be asking devs about this not support from other players.

ThatOddMan #20 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 07:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2838 battles
  • [YESOD] YESOD

View Postprogarimen, on Feb 01 2019 - 19:33, said:

Sincerely,

Garik A

Isn't there some sort of a mod where you can draw on the mini map?

I watched previous on WGL videos players are too noisy during a match telling each other to do this or do that.

Is a pre-match briefing non-existent on World of Tanks?

I don't like being told what to do during a match so I decided to create my own clan.  Pretty much, discuss what to do before the match. But during the match, you are on your own to decide what to do as long as you understand the plan and it's end goal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users