• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

cKy_ #21 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 08:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2951 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 02 2019 - 16:30, said:

I never do this. But I wish something bad would happen to you, where you lost your vision and hearing. Then you would know what it is like to have a disability that you can't control. You're exactly the type of person that I used to love just beating the crapout of, because you disrespected someone with a disability. I guess your parents never taught you to respect other people and things.

One day in the far future, you finally learn how to play, and you start a competitive clan. You have all these great players in the clan, winning games in CW, getting those sweet reward tanks. All is great. Are you really going to allow OP to join even though he can't communicate (which is essential in a competitive clan) and let him play enough CW to get a reward tank?

Would you hire someone even if they have a disability that prevents them from doing their job? No, you wouldn't.

cKy_ #22 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 08:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2951 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 15:54, said:

because he has disability you wouldn't want him on your team, you do know what that make you right

maybe think before you speak, someday you might have a disability

I wouldn't care if he was on my team in a public battle - he is a good player and he would be invaluable. You don't need sound for that.

I definitely wouldn't want him on my team in a clan war battle where I'm working to get a reward tank, because he can't hear and he can't effectively communicate. Stop treating him special just because he has a disability - I certainly wouldn't want that special treatment if I had a disability, it would be dehumanising. 

BigDollarBillz #23 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 08:59

Major

• Players
  • 38142 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 02:09, said:

One day in the far future, you finally learn how to play, and you start a competitive clan. You have all these great players in the clan, winning games in CW, getting those sweet reward tanks. All is great. Are you really going to allow OP to join even though he can't communicate (which is essential in a competitive clan) and let him play enough CW to get a reward tank?

Would you hire someone even if they have a disability that prevents them from doing their job? No, you wouldn't.

Oh look the little reroll got triggered. Post from your original account kid. The op may be a master carpenter you never know. He may be a great machinist as well. Because he has a disability doesn't mean he can preform some type of work. Clearly he preforms well in pubs, so there is no reason he can't preform well in things like CW. But I'm going to guess your just a kid that is either in high school or in college. If that is the case you will have hard time when you get out in the real world. I would hire the op over you any day of the week. Just because someone has a disability, doesn't mean that they  can't function in a normal environment. Go buy yourself an ice cream for being better than someone who has had a stroke in a pixel tank game. I get it now. You're just salty because you won't finish in the top 2700. So maybe the clan you're in messed up taking a chance on such a toxic player. But keep thinking you're great because you rerolled, because your regular account was to hard for you to pull out of the trash to get into a good clan.

cKy_ #24 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 09:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2951 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 02 2019 - 19:59, said:

Oh look the little reroll got triggered. Post from your original account kid. The op may be a master carpenter you never know. He may be a great machinist as well. Because he has a disability doesn't mean he can preform some type of work. Clearly he preforms well in pubs, so there is no reason he can't preform well in things like CW. But I'm going to guess your just a kid that is either in high school or in college. If that is the case you will have hard time when you get out in the real world. I would hire the op over you any day of the week. Just because someone has a disability, doesn't mean that they  can't function in a normal environment. Go buy yourself an ice cream for being better than someone who has had a stroke in a pixel tank game. I get it now. You're just salty because you won't finish in the top 2700. So maybe the clan you're in messed up taking a chance on such a toxic player. But keep thinking you're great because you rerolled, because your regular account was to hard for you to pull out of the trash to get into a good clan.

Oh jeez there is so much wrong with this.

1st - If I was to post from my original account, I would be incapable of posting at all because it is on the ASIA server.

2nd - Yes, he does perform well is pubs. I acknowledged that. But that doesn't mean he would be able to play in CW effectively, especially with a top clan. You need to be able to communicate with your team, and your caller needs to know that you can hear and understand him/her. The good clans flex a lot in their CW battles, moving from flank to flank, the callers will be telling players to make significant microplays. They can't be wasting time typing everything out to someone that can't hear them when they have so many other players waiting and wanting to get into clan wars battles themselves.

3rd - "The OP may be a master carpenter" Yeah, and? His disability doesn't really affect that. Would you hire him for a job that requires him to talk on the phone for most of the day?

4th You would guess that I'm in high school/college? Why? Because I'm acting logically and not treating someone like a damn saint because they can't hear too good? Righto.

5th I don't really care that I'm not going to finish in the 2700, because even if I did finish in the 2700, I still wouldn't be able to get a reward tank, due to a lack of bonds. But you don't see me [edited], do you? Also, I haven't even played in the last 5 or 6 days, as not only do I live in a totally different time zone, but I work 12 hour shifts, making it incredibly difficult to get online when CW is active. But, once again, you don't see me [edited].

And lastly, insulting my reroll stats, even though OP rerolled, and has much worse stats than me. But, of course, he can't hear too good, treat him like a saint.

BigDollarBillz #25 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 09:41

Major

• Players
  • 38142 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:13, said:

1st - If I was to post from my original account, I would be incapable of posting at all because it is on the ASIA server.

2nd - Yes, he does perform well is pubs. I acknowledged that. But that doesn't mean he would be able to play in CW effectively, especially with a top clan. You need to be able to communicate with your team, and your caller needs to know that you can hear and understand him/her. The good clans flex a lot in their CW battles, moving from flank to flank, the callers will be telling players to make significant microplays. They can't be wasting time typing everything out to someone that can't hear them when they have so many other players waiting and wanting to get into clan wars battles themselves.

3rd - "The OP may be a master carpenter" Yeah, and? His disability doesn't really affect that. Would you hire him for a job that requires him to talk on the phone for most of the day?

4th You would guess that I'm in high school/college? Why? Because I'm acting logically and not treating someone like a damn saint because they can't hear too good? Righto.

5th I don't really care that I'm not going to finish in the 2700, because even if I did finish in the 2700, I still wouldn't be able to get a reward tank, due to a lack of bonds. But you don't see me [edited], do you? Also, I haven't even played in the last 5 or 6 days, as not only do I live in a totally different time zone, but I work 12 hour shifts, making it incredibly difficult to get online when CW is active. But, once again, you don't see me [edited].

And lastly, insulting my reroll stats, even though OP rerolled, and has much worse stats than me. But, of course, he can't hear too good, treat him like a saint.

The op knows how to treat people, to where you think you are better than the op because he has a disability. Boo-who you work 12 hours shifts. So what part time job do you have? Before my health went south I would work 12 hours at a printing company named RR DONNELLEYS & SONS. Then I would go hang dry wall any where from 4 to 8 more hours. I would do this 7 days a week. See I had goals to be retired by 50. Then life hit me in the mouth. I had my first heart attack at 30. Then a year later I had a stroke that left me with very little usage on my left side. Then I had a quadruple bypass. Now I have stage 4 heart failure. All from not knowing I was a diabetic when I was a kid. Most people wouldn't be able to function, much less play a pixel tank game. But back to the op. It's called putting him in a tank that he doesn't need micro managing. It's called he can see and would be able to flex as the group he is paired with does. But that is to hard to understand though right. Now back to me and my clan. I want you to tape your thumb, fourth finger and pinky together on your left hand.. Play a 1000 games like that and lets see if you keep those stats you have. Then you will see what it is like for me to play as well. Besides I would take a person who knows how to treat others, over a person that is good and treats everyone like crap. Respect is earned not given. I like to treat others they same way I want to be treated.I don't give anyone any special treatment, nor do I want any special treatment. But keep treating people like crap, and I'll treat people the way I want to be treated.

BigDollarBillz #26 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 09:46

Major

• Players
  • 38142 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:13, said:

It looks like the OP is doing pretty damn good in the clan he is in. He is sitting at 2784 place as of now. So tell me again how he can't preform in cw?

cKy_ #27 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 09:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2951 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 02 2019 - 20:46, said:

It looks like the OP is doing pretty damn good in the clan he is in. He is sitting at 2784 place as of now. So tell me again how he can't preform in cw?

If he's nearly in the reward tank threshold, then why is he complaining about not being able to get a reward tank because he can't hear too good?

cKy_ #28 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 10:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2951 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 02 2019 - 20:41, said:

The op knows how to treat people, to where you think you are better than the op because he has a disability. Boo-who you work 12 hours shifts. So what part time job do you have? Before my health went south I would work 12 hours at a printing company named RR DONNELLEYS & SONS. Then I would go hang dry wall any where from 4 to 8 more hours. I would do this 7 days a week. See I had goals to be retired by 50. Then life hit me in the mouth. I had my first heart attack at 30. Then a year later I had a stroke that left me with very little usage on my left side. Then I had a quadruple bypass. Now I have stage 4 heart failure. All from not knowing I was a diabetic when I was a kid. Most people wouldn't be able to function, much less play a pixel tank game. But back to the op. It's called putting him in a tank that he doesn't need micro managing. It's called he can see and would be able to flex as the group he is paired with does. But that is to hard to understand though right. Now back to me and my clan. I want you to tape your thumb, fourth finger and pinky together on your left hand.. Play a 1000 games like that and lets see if you keep those stats you have. Then you will see what it is like for me to play as well. Besides I would take a person who knows how to treat others, over a person that is good and treats everyone like crap. Respect is earned not given. I like to treat others they same way I want to be treated.I don't give anyone any special treatment, nor do I want any special treatment. But keep treating people like crap, and I'll treat people the way I want to be treated.

You overworked yourself with the hope of retiring stupid early. You had a stroke and were left disabled. 

I will empathise with the bad heart though. I have valvular heart disease, have had it as long as I've been alive. When I was maybe a month old, my mum noticed I wasn't breathing right, so my parents took me to the hospital. Turns out my heart was failing, and they had to helicopter me over 1000 kilometres to a different hospital so I could have open heart surgery. Apparently I "died" for a few minutes. Needless to say, the surgery was successful, and I am alive to this day, with a large scar stretching from the middle of my back to the top of my left shoulder. However, I still have (the best way to describe it) painful heartburn at times, especially when I physically exert myself. When this happens, moving my left arm or taking breaths that aren't incredibly small, is very painful. This happens a few times a week. I have learnt to live with it. It definitely isn't a disability, but I know how much having a bad heart sucks.

I_QQ_4_U #29 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 10:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 21672 battles

Life's a female dog. This really sounds rather petty and selfish. The vast majority of people are not hard of hearing, some of those people want to use voice communication to play better, if you can't communicate that way then why should they be forced to play with you? If turning up the volume can't solve at least part of the problem then you're out of luck, you may never get a pixel tank in a video game. Or perhaps just find a less competitive clan that won't care.

BTW, I have a friend who can't walk, he was on the road to the NHL when he was young and now plays sledge hockey, should he be complaining the NHL won't let him play??

Edited by I_QQ_4_U, Feb 02 2019 - 10:32.

BigDollarBillz #30 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 10:32

Major

• Players
  • 38142 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 04:09, said:

You overworked yourself with the hope of retiring stupid early. You had a stroke and were left disabled. 

I will empathise with the bad heart though. I have valvular heart disease, have had it as long as I've been alive. When I was maybe a month old, my mum noticed I wasn't breathing right, so my parents took me to the hospital. Turns out my heart was failing, and they had to helicopter me over 1000 kilometres to a different hospital so I could have open heart surgery. Apparently I "died" for a few minutes. Needless to say, the surgery was successful, and I am alive to this day, with a large scar stretching from the middle of my back to the top of my left shoulder. However, I still have (the best way to describe it) painful heartburn at times, especially when I physically exert myself. When this happens, moving my left arm or taking breaths that aren't incredibly small, is very painful. This happens a few times a week. I have learnt to live with it. It definitely isn't a disability, but I know how much having a bad heart sucks.

No it was called doing what a man is supposed to do. That is support his family. The stroke was also caused from my diabetes according to the doctors. My open heart was supposed to be a four hour surgery that turned into a 16 hour surgery. Two years ago I had a pacemaker put in. I coded on the table twice. Numerous times doctors have told the wife I wouldn't walk out of the hospital. Yet I am still here. The doctors always says I should not be alive. My response is I'm one of the toughest sob's that you will ever meet. But I did make a few of my goals. Our home is paid for. Our cars are paid for. I taught my kids at an early age, if they want something, the they have to work hard in order to get it. They both bought their first cars at 15 and paid for them in cash. My son bought another car back in the summer, because he wanted something easy on gas, beings he comes home on most weekends. He paid for it in cash as well, from where he worked on farms, mowed lawns, and cleaned cars. So no I wouldn't call it stupid. I was raised that the man should do whatever it takes to support his family and that is what I did.

Edited by BigDollarBillz, Feb 02 2019 - 10:35.

cKy_ #31 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 10:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2951 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 02 2019 - 21:32, said:

No it was called doing what a man is supposed to do. That is support his family. The stroke was also caused from my diabetes according to the doctors. My open heart was supposed to be a four hour surgery that turned into a 16 hour surgery. Two years ago I had a pacemaker put in. I coded on the table twice. Numerous times doctors have told the wife I wouldn't walk out of the hospital. Yet I am still here. The doctors always says I should not be alive. My response is I'm one of the toughest sob's that you will ever meet. But I did make a few of my goals. Our home is paid for. Our cars are paid for. I taught my kids at an early age, if they want something, the they have to work hard in order to get it. They both bought their first cars at 15 and paid for them in cash. My son bought another car back in the summer, because he wanted something easy on gas, beings he comes home on most weekends. He paid for it in cash as well, from where he worked on farms, mowed lawns, and cleaned cars. So no I wouldn't call it stupid. I was raised that the man should do whatever it takes to support his family and that is what I did.

I wasn't calling working hard stupid, I was referring to 50 as a stupid early age to retire at. And it sounds like you could have easily supported your family without overworking yourself with a 12 hour job and 4 hour part time job, 7 days a week. You clearly stated earlier that you worked that much, not to support your family, but so you could retire at age 50. 

Also, cool, you can buy cars. Good for you. I too can buy cars. Isn't that amazing? Bought my first car at 16, paid in cash as well. Great little 2004 Nissan Bluebird. 1.8l engine that was very economical on those high speed, open rural roads on which I was driving on most of the time. Then I sold that one when I was 18 and bought a 2007 Nissan Fuga 450GT. Beautiful car, great for overtaking trucks, or anyone really. Phew do I love my Fuga. It was a bit annoying last year when petrol prices got to $2.50 a litre, but they've since dropped to $1.90 a litre, meaning I can go burnin' with the boys whenever I want.

Edited by cKy_, Feb 02 2019 - 10:47.

BigDollarBillz #32 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 11:03

Major

• Players
  • 38142 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 04:45, said:

I wasn't calling working hard stupid, I was referring to 50 as a stupid early age to retire at. And it sounds like you could have easily supported your family without overworking yourself with a 12 hour job and 4 hour part time job, 7 days a week. You clearly stated earlier that you worked that much, not to support your family, but so you could retire at age 50. 

Also, cool, you can buy cars. Good for you. I too can buy cars. Isn't that amazing? Bought my first car at 16, paid in cash as well. Great little 2004 Nissan Bluebird. 1.8l engine that was very economical on those high speed, open rural roads on which I was driving on most of the time. Then I sold that one when I was 18 and bought a 2007 Nissan Fuga 450GT. Beautiful car, great for overtaking trucks, or anyone really. Phew do I love my Fuga. It was a bit annoying last year when petrol prices got to $2.50 a litre, but they've since dropped to $1.90 a litre, meaning I can go burnin' with the boys whenever I want.

Yep I did want to retire at. I was and still am goal driven. Retiring at an early age, where the wife and I could enjoy doing things while we were still young. People retire at 50 all the time. They retire at 55 all the time. Luckily we didn't blow money just because we had it. But after many hospital stays, we live month to month. We don't go hungry, we have a roof over our heads, and our bills get paid. So all in all it still worked out pretty damn good. I'm glad to see you have a good work habit. It's 2019 and people are still driving a 2007, come on big money at least upgrade to a 2015 or a 2016. I know if my son can do it, while being a full time college student, you can as well. Why would I want a 4 hour part time job, when I could work for myself and make 5 times the money? With me saying the op was right outside the 2700 spot was just to where you said you wouldn't want him in your clan, because he does have a disability. But I have to be up in 3 hours, so this old man has to try and get some sleep. Maybe one day I will create another account, just so I can bash people over their stats and disabilities.

cKy_ #33 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 11:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2951 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 02 2019 - 22:03, said:

Yep I did want to retire at. I was and still am goal driven. Retiring at an early age, where the wife and I could enjoy doing things while we were still young. People retire at 50 all the time. They retire at 55 all the time. Luckily we didn't blow money just because we had it. But after many hospital stays, we live month to month. We don't go hungry, we have a roof over our heads, and our bills get paid. So all in all it still worked out pretty damn good. I'm glad to see you have a good work habit. It's 2019 and people are still driving a 2007, come on big money at least upgrade to a 2015 or a 2016. I know if my son can do it, while being a full time college student, you can as well. Why would I want a 4 hour part time job, when I could work for myself and make 5 times the money? With me saying the op was right outside the 2700 spot was just to where you said you wouldn't want him in your clan, because he does have a disability. But I have to be up in 3 hours, so this old man has to try and get some sleep. Maybe one day I will create another account, just so I can bash people over their stats and disabilities.

I just now understand that by college you mean tertiary education, as in university, not high school. In that case, yes I am a full time "college" student.

TacoJohnHG #34 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 12:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43117 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

BigDollarBillz, you're making something out of nothing. OP is "whining" because he can't get in a top clan and can't get a reward tank, yet (per your own words) he's less than 100 places out of getting the tank with 2 nights left on the campaign. No, he'll likely never get into youjo, mahou, otter, or bulba or the other clans near that level if he doesn't improve some more, nevermind the fact that he can't hear or talk to the team effectively.

You've clearly never played with an actual good clan (or even platoon frankly) if you think not being able to hear isn't a huge disadvantage in group play. He does well enough in pubs because pubs don't rely on an overall plan with any real strategy...you can't win a CW game by just telling all 15 players to "do their own thing" and see how it works out short of sending 15 tanks down a line and trying to fast cap...and that's only going to get you a win every so often on a handful of maps.

Not really sure what OP's wanting though. Are you wanting WG to do something other than make CW reward tanks available for the average player to buy on their own? Is that what you want? Because if so then why have I just spent 4 hours a night the last 10 days so I could get a tank when I could have just waited and bought it with all the bonds I have? And as for that, if OP has played 5 CW games in the campaign you can just bid an absurd amount of bonds and still get a tank.

RG_Notch #35 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 17:24

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27874 battles

View Postredjkent, on Feb 01 2019 - 22:54, said:

because he has disability you wouldn't want him on your team, you do know what that make you right

If I had a disability I wouldn't expect anyone to make special dispensation for me, but hey what do I know. We should just give the reward tanks away because people who aren't good at the game can't obtain them. We should just give everything to all players since some can't afford stuff as well. 

LT_Moon #36 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52734 battles

View Postredjkent, on Feb 01 2019 - 22:54, said:

If he cannot communicate, how can other team members coordinate their game? There are things that we can improve for people with disabilities. There are things you cannot. Don't get confused.

Kliphie #37 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Players
  • 32060 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
OP, have you looked into a Cochlear Implant?  My father had one installed not quite a year ago.  His word recognition went from 30% (due to tinnitus) up to 80% at his last test and still improving.  

spud_tuber #38 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 56845 battles
Come on folks.  Stop white knighting for people with disabilities. While someone with disabilities shouldn't be mocked or made fun of, they're called disabilities for a reason.  They limit what people can do.

If the person is incapable of playing at the required level and following the caller's instructions, then they're a detriment to a competitive team.  Doesn't matter if the reason they can't is a lack of skill, a lack of will,  a lack of hearing, a lack of vision, doesn't speak the same language, a bad computer and internet connection, etc. And you can't blame a competitive team for not taking in in a player like that.

I'm sorry OP, but until you or technology figure out a way to work around your disability, the only way a top clan will take you into competitive battles is as a charity case, and that only if you're lucky.   You'd probably have better luck with the TeamSpeak developers trying to cry them to improve sound quality and/or implement some form of voice to text algorithms.

I know from watching family and friends with various disabilities that they can be very limiting at times.  All I can say is that those family and friends are always happier doing what they could rather than stewing over what they couldn't do.  

spud_tuber #39 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 56845 battles

View PostKliphie, on Feb 02 2019 - 10:42, said:

OP, have you looked into a Cochlear Implant?  My father had one installed not quite a year ago.  His word recognition went from 30% (due to tinnitus) up to 80% at his last test and still improving.  

This as well.  My grandfather received one through the VA several years ago, and it helped him immensely.  Amazing what technology can do.

redjkent #40 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 89241 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
i love how the special clan member that happens to be good at a video game had to give his backwards input into this discussion, yes we get it if your not that good at wot or have a disability your or worthless to him, one day life we catch up to him and then maybe he will learn to be nicer to people

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users