Jump to content


World Of Tanks is cancer for deaf/hard-of-hearing people

Deaf Hard-of-hearing Tournament TeamSpeak Hearing-issues Community

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

sargev55 #41 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 57608 battles
  • 1,436
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012
We have had deaf or mute people in our group before.  We still had them be on teamspeak just so we could text back and forth.  Ultimately you learned how they played and verbal communication wasn't as important and you could play pretty well.

Anublister #42 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 68567 battles
  • 1,002
  • [--T--] --T--
  • Member since:
    05-26-2013

View Postprogarimen, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:33, said:

Hello Tankers :unsure:,

 

Myself being hard-of-hearing and playing World Of Tanks for eight years. I have been playing this game because I love its style of competition between players. I do not like playing other styles of games. I want to tell that this game is becoming more and more disgusting to me. A lot of clans require TS and be able to talk and hear, as hard-of hearing person I am able to talk nor hear very well. My hearing is some sort of 30% understanding. Now back to reason why this game makes me disgusting feelings. They added tanks object 907, and other five tanks that players only who have made top 2700 will be able to buy with bonds. But the problem is that most clans require TeamSpeak and things that I described recently. Otherwise they will not take, and what mostly they would say is "We will take against weak players". Funny thing is you will not reach top 2700 by that. :sceptic:

So it looks like I will never be able to play tournaments 2v2, 3v3, and other types. To join real strong competitive clans that will accept me and play with me. There go limited rewards and pleasure. I am very good player, know some logic and strategies. But how was I born hard-of-hearing person makes me limited to be able to participate and enjoy some features that game added. This is sad. 

 

Any ideas and thoughts what I should do? Saying "stop playing this game" is stupid answer. Hopefully Wargaming support will read this and give a good reply. :(

 

P.S. I started playing at Russia and when I moved to U.S. years ago I created new U.S. account as I am no longer living at Russia. 

 

Sincerely,

Garik A

 

 

What? I can't hear you.

 

Cancer does not equal deafness. Deafness is a disability you'll have to deal with. Cancer is a disease causing mutation that can mess up how your body functions and possibly lead to to an early death. I'm sure you can adapt if you make the effort.

 



dunniteowl #43 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 20:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29291 battles
  • 7,273
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Postprogarimen, on Feb 01 2019 - 21:33, said:

Hello Tankers :unsure:,

 

Myself being hard-of-hearing and playing World Of Tanks for eight years. I have been playing this game because I love its style of competition between players. I do not like playing other styles of games. I want to tell that this game is becoming more and more disgusting to me. A lot of clans require TS and be able to talk and hear, as hard-of hearing person I am able to talk nor hear very well. My hearing is some sort of 30% understanding. Now back to reason why this game makes me disgusting feelings. They added tanks object 907, and other five tanks that players only who have made top 2700 will be able to buy with bonds. But the problem is that most clans require TeamSpeak and things that I described recently. Otherwise they will not take, and what mostly they would say is "We will take against weak players". Funny thing is you will not reach top 2700 by that. :sceptic:

So it looks like I will never be able to play tournaments 2v2, 3v3, and other types. To join real strong competitive clans that will accept me and play with me. There go limited rewards and pleasure. I am very good player, know some logic and strategies. But how was I born hard-of-hearing person makes me limited to be able to participate and enjoy some features that game added. This is sad. 

 

Any ideas and thoughts what I should do? Saying "stop playing this game" is stupid answer. Hopefully Wargaming support will read this and give a good reply. :(

 

P.S. I started playing at Russia and when I moved to U.S. years ago I created new U.S. account as I am no longer living at Russia. 

 

Sincerely,

Garik A

 

 

I hear fine, but I play on a potato computer.  I play with the Sound Off and have no real interest in being in a Clan.  I find the sound to be too distracting and my wife would KILL me if I was talking into a headset mic while playing, because she hates me playing in the first place. 

 

My suggestion would be to reach out, as you are doing, and see if you can find a few folks who can play with you regularly and learn how to play cooperatively as a team without having to actually "talk" to each other.  Develop a 'shorthand' text, ping and F-Key system of quick comms and, with the practicing together, you should be able to operate effectively.

 

Your stats are much better than mine, so that shouldn't be a problem on the whole.  Tournaments do NOT require you to be in a Clan.  They only require you to sign up as a team, so make friends that can play together with you.  Also, having a set of "Play Book" sort of moves would be a good idea.  Like in Star Trek DS-9 or TNG when they say, "Attack Plan Delta"  or "Evasive Manuevers Beta" as shorthand so that the commander tells the helm and arms control officers what is expected of them in one quick utterance.

 

Sorry that you cannot hear all that well.  I love music and to lose my hearing would be a very sad thing for me.  That said, even if my wife wouldn't kill me, I would play with the sound off for this reason: 

      I find the near continual 'chatter' of my crew, the banging, klanging, sizzling sounds of rounds striking my tank, the alarms, bells, ringers, klaxons and whoops of the notifications I get really increase my stress levels.  They distract me from remaining focused on my objectives of:

Survive

Do Damage

Help My Team 

 

to the point where they increase my heart rate, blood pressure and excitement levels to something that is not productive for game play, nor do they help me to remain calm while playing.  Instead, they work against me, so in that respect, not being able to hear all that is really a blessing overall.  Less distractions.

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO



golruul #44 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 22:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22067 battles
  • 1,547
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

OP what do you really expect?  Good communication is a prerequisite for organized, competitive play.  Not just online virtual games, but real life too.  Do you think real life professional teams would take you on even though, technically, you're a good player?  No, they wouldn't.  They would find someone else just as good but can also communicate.  And here real life mirrors online virtual gaming life. 

 

Now, what to do?  Make your own clan and give people with similar disabilities as yours a chance to play competitively.  However, let's be real: your team is not going to beat the other top clans.  You're not going to beat them because they can communicate effectively in real-time while your team will have a crippling handicap of really slow communication (i.e. typing).

 

Not only can WG not do anything about this, but they shouldn't even be asked.  This is asking along the lines of "WG I want to win more, so make it so that I don't have to play against people better than me".  Your post sounds like you want WG to force top clans to take you on just so you can get moar lootz. 

 

WG, if you do this, then please put me in the top clans, too.  I'll just turn off my sound.  I'm technically a good player, so it shouldn't be a problem.



Savage__Apples #45 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 23:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39281 battles
  • 957
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
Not sure why the OP is whining.  His position is 2784 with only 47 battles played.  He needs to show up every night and play more battles.  There are only 60 players in his clan and it looks like they have an attendance issue.  I am actually just disgusted by the whole post because he wants to blame his disability and WG for his lack of  success. 

Tolos #46 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:08

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,233
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 03:38, said:

i find that the top clans only care about themselves, there are social clans that don't do much ts or coms they just play the game

i also think they should make it so people not in clans also can get a chance to get those tanks its only fair why give the top 2percent an advantage

 

Why should that 2% get the rewards ?, because its them that actually TRY to get them. If you dont take part, or try, you dont deserve jack. 

redjkent #47 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 89080 battles
  • 981
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

View PostSavage__Apples, on Feb 02 2019 - 22:52, said:

Not sure why the OP is whining.  His position is 2784 with only 47 battles played.  He needs to show up every night and play more battles.  There are only 60 players in his clan and it looks like they have an attendance issue.  I am actually just disgusted by the whole post because he wants to blame his disability and WG for his lack of  success. 

 

im disgusted by how people stat sham someone and evaluate someone by how many games they have played, also people who are good at video game thinking they are better then others

 



redjkent #48 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 89080 battles
  • 981
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

View PostTolos, on Feb 02 2019 - 23:08, said:

 

Why should that 2% get the rewards ?, because its them that actually TRY to get them. If you dont take part, or try, you dont deserve jack. 

 

im glad most of the clans are having trouble finding and keeping members, soon all you will be gone and we who actually play this game for fun, not to inflate are egos can continue playing

dunniteowl #49 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29291 battles
  • 7,273
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

One thing is for sure, OP, your post really brought out the compassion in at least 2 people.

 

 

OvO



Tolos #50 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:20

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,233
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 23:12, said:

 

im glad most of the clans are having trouble finding and keeping members, soon all you will be gone and we who actually play this game for fun, not to inflate are egos can continue playing

 

Why do people like you assume that because someone is good on a game they dont play it for fun ?. Tell me, who has the bigger ego, the 65%er that says, yes I'm good, or the 45%er that says everyone cheats as thats the ' only ' possible way they could be bad. 

Savage__Apples #51 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39281 battles
  • 957
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 15:09, said:

 

im disgusted by how people stat sham someone and evaluate someone by how many games they have played, also people who are good at video game thinking they are better then others

 

 

What stat shaming? Saying what his position is in the campaign rankings is stat shaming?  Saying how many games he has played in the campaign is stat shaming? You know this all available on the WoT website right and does not have jack to do with an individuals stats?  Maybe you should troll elsewhere you special little snowflake.

Hellsfog #52 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 37655 battles
  • 6,145
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 18:09, said:

 

im disgusted by how people stat sham someone and evaluate someone by how many games they have played, also people who are good at video game thinking they are better then others

 

 

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 18:12, said:

 

im glad most of the clans are having trouble finding and keeping members, soon all you will be gone and we who actually play this game for fun, not to inflate are egos can continue playing

 

Why are you so angry? 

redjkent #53 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:42

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 89080 battles
  • 981
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

View PostSavage__Apples, on Feb 02 2019 - 23:28, said:

 

What stat shaming? Saying what his position is in the campaign rankings is stat shaming?  Saying how many games he has played in the campaign is stat shaming? You know this all available on the WoT website right and does not have jack to do with an individuals stats?  Maybe you should troll elsewhere you special little snowflake.

 

i could never even be in the same building as you, just a nasty person that judges others based on how good the are at a video game

i bet you call out newer players on your team in randoms and badmouth them, someone like me is the opposite



Hellsfog #54 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 37655 battles
  • 6,145
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 18:42, said:

 

i could never even be in the same building as you, just a nasty person that judges others based on how good the are at a video game

i bet you call out newer players on your team in randoms and badmouth them, someone like me is the opposite

 

I think you need therapy to address your anger issues.  

redjkent #55 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:49

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 89080 battles
  • 981
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

View PostHellsfog, on Feb 02 2019 - 23:47, said:

 

I think you need therapy to address your anger issues.  

 

i think you need to stay out of discussion that started way before you even where involved

Tolos #56 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:52

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,233
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 23:42, said:

 

i could never even be in the same building as you, just a nasty person that judges others based on how good the are at a video game

i bet you call out newer players on your team in randoms and badmouth them, someone like me is the opposite

 

How was he being a ' nasty person ', YOU completely misunderstood what he said. He didn't stat shame in ANY way. 

redjkent #57 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 00:55

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 89080 battles
  • 981
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

View PostTolos, on Feb 02 2019 - 23:52, said:

 

How was he being a ' nasty person ', YOU completely misunderstood what he said. He didn't stat shame in ANY way. 

 

he attacked the op of this topic because hes hard of hearing and how many games he has played, and i wish he would just come out and say he doesnt like disabled people many hatters hide behind there words

cKy_ #58 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 01:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 2918 battles
  • 1,866
  • [KITTI] KITTI
  • Member since:
    09-29-2018

View Postredjkent, on Feb 03 2019 - 11:55, said:

 

he attacked the op of this topic because hes hard of hearing and how many games he has played, and i wish he would just come out and say he doesnt like disabled people many hatters hide behind there words

 

My lord.  He stat shamed him by mentioning how many clan wars battles he's played? You've got to be kidding me.

Tolos #59 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 01:07

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,233
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View Postredjkent, on Feb 02 2019 - 23:55, said:

 

he attacked the op of this topic because hes hard of hearing and how many games he has played, and i wish he would just come out and say he doesnt like disabled people many hatters hide behind there words

He NEVER attacked him on how many games he had played. PLEASE re-read what he put. And to accuse him of not liking disabled people because of what you misunderstood is so monumentally stupid, I'm honestly shocked at it. 



redjkent #60 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 01:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 89080 battles
  • 981
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014

View PostTolos, on Feb 03 2019 - 00:07, said:

He NEVER attacked him on how many games he had played. PLEASE re-read what he put. And to accuse him of not liking disabled people because of what you misunderstood is so monumentally stupid, I'm honestly shocked at it. 

 

people in this thread have out rite said, that since hes hard of hearing they wouldn't want him on there team take a min and go read what has been said

if people would actually read the people with disability act this would be considered discrimination 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users