Jump to content


Is It You Or Is It WOT?

wot

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

2ndAD2015MPD #1 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:43

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 48259 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

 

 

What I have been doing for a while now is posting towards the end of my day; after playing WOT through out the day. The point is I am tired and post things I should have said differently or more carefully. Please don't read my post's here without checking in the next day.


 

Here is the problem I have with what I posted: My idea of a good game is my team winning or at least not losing like 15 to one. When my team losses 15 to one, obviously, I am the only one alive, I get extremely angry. I have not see this in a long time though and when I do it is extremely rare. So maybe WOT has done better over the years with MM. I really hate when my tank is at the bottom of the list excessively; meaning the weakest tank. I have seen my tanks excessively at the bottom of the list this less often lately, though, too. I do not care about myself; I only care if my team losses and when my team losses 8 battles in a row; like the other day I get extremely angry and suspect foul play. Nevertheless it is not right for me to blame WOT for when my team losses. I am not the only player on the team there are 15 other players.


 

I still say my badly armored, tier 5, M4 Improved; should not have to face tier 7 tanks in battle, ever and it is most often at the bottom of the list. In my opinion it is not a Medium tank, it is a lite tank. 
 

Original portion of the original post; unchanged (still good advice):

 

Do me a favor. Do what I do, every time I quit this game; out of *disgust. I play a single player game; I know. If I am doing bad at the single player game; I know I was wrong: for my hate of WOT. 98% of the time I am the best I ever was at a single player game; after I quit WOT, out of disgust, though. This is a pat on my back; to know, it was not me; it was WOT.

 

It wasn't me; it was WOT.

 

*disgust meaning: a feeling of revulsion or strong disapproval aroused by something unpleasant or offensive.

 


 

35445928376_880385de19_b.jpg


Edited by 2ndAD2015MPD, Feb 03 2019 - 08:22.


NeatoMan #2 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 27352 battles
  • 18,890
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011
Some people just don't play well with others, and that's OK

24_inch_pythons #3 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 27144 battles
  • 5,233
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012
Start playing higher tiers, VIII-X. Play tanks that have carry potential. See how it goes.

KingofDragons #4 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:50

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 22728 battles
  • 761
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
last couple days have been terrible.. It's like i'm cursed.. No matter what tank i try the result is almost all the same... Win rate went from 48.12 to 48.08 .. Seems like people are playing stupidly.. Scouts that don't scout in right places.. Terrible yolos... Lemming trains with open flanks... Just terrible couple days that makes me not want to play...

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #5 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 51512 battles
  • 6,303
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

A challenge with what you've stated, is the statistical concept of the random nature of this game and large numbers.

 

Over a large-enough sample size, YOUR INDIVIDUAL capabilities will begin to show, vs bots and afk-ers.  Unfortunately, it would seem your every instinct about the the game is wrong, because you've demonstrated performance worse than being AFK.

 



Anublister #6 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 67257 battles
  • 821
  • [--T--] --T--
  • Member since:
    05-26-2013

Your use of semicolons (;) is wrong.

 

Trying to understand your post and relate it to the title I would say since your participation is voluntary, it is YOU and not WoT.



Exiledcrow #7 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 47823 battles
  • 1,887
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Feb 02 2019 - 19:51, said:

A challenge with what you've stated, is the statistical concept of the random nature of this game and large numbers.

 

Over a large-enough sample size, YOUR INDIVIDUAL capabilities will begin to show, vs bots and afk-ers.  Unfortunately, it would seem your every instinct about the the game is wrong, because you've demonstrated performance worse than being AFK.

 

 

Clearly it CAN'T be him, he's actually good, the best ever even, and smart, and handsome and funny .... just ask his mom.

goldfinger_555 #8 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:56

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27169 battles
  • 861
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

View PostAnublister, on Feb 02 2019 - 18:52, said:

Your use of semicolons (;) is wrong.

 

Trying to understand your post and relate it to the title I would say since your participation is voluntary, it is YOU and not WoT.

 

Wish I had paid more attention in school cause have to admit my use of semicolons is also poor at best. :)

Hellsfog #9 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 36057 battles
  • 5,767
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
I checked with WG and we've decided it really is you not them. Sorry things didn't work out. 

Buttknuckle #10 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 19:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 48678 battles
  • 2,800
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

Ok, I'll risk getting labeled as a forum troll/secret WOT employee, but this needs saying:

Your misuse of punctuation makes this OP almost incomprehensible.



F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #11 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 20:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 51512 battles
  • 6,303
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Feb 02 2019 - 13:47, said:

Start playing higher tiers, VIII-X. Play tanks that have carry potential. See how it goes.

 

I don't know about that.  It's nice to be encouraging, but the fact is ... if you or I (as an example) went back and exclusively played tier 4, we'd probably end up sustaining a win rate in the mid-60's, as the game gets increasingly more difficult as you go up in tires. This poor fellow has tier ~2 recents and 45% win rate.  Give him a 268-4 and he would struggle to hit one shot of damage per game and more than 35% win rate, even with the benefit of 3-5-7.

BigDollarBillz #12 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 20:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 37799 battles
  • 3,831
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
I honestly believe it is you. You have over 20k battles in tier two and you can't carry for a win. Maybe you should just stick with single player games instead of blaming WG for you being bad.

DrWho_ #13 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 20:52

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18415 battles
  • 1,969
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 02 2019 - 20:42, said:

I honestly believe it is you. You have over 20k battles in tier two and you can't carry for a win. Maybe you should just stick with single player games instead of blaming WG for you being bad.

 

<stupid comment removed>

Edited by DrWho_, Feb 02 2019 - 20:53.


dunniteowl #14 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 20:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26964 battles
  • 6,234
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

It's you.

 

WoT doesn't have it in for you, nor does it significantly change in overall operation from update to update.  Single Player Games bear absolutely NO RELATIONSHIP to Multi-Player Online Games.

 

It's not TOTALLY you, mind you, but about 30-40% of the games you play, your efforts have a direct impact on how the match plays out.  I would wager that at least 35% of the games you play, there is no chance of winning, possibly down to 30% as MM is just as RNG cursed as we all are.  This also, at the other end of that bell curve, provides you a 30-35% chance of games, no matter what you do, you simply will not lose.  Within the confines of these two extremes, comes each individual player.  As the Team Effect is accounted for in the two extremes, where, no matter what YOU do, the outcome does not change (you just don't KNOW which games are in these ends of the bell curve) that leaves the remainder IN YOUR HANDS, pretty much directly.

 

And Streaks Happen.  This means, like with me last night, you can have 31 matches and end up with a craptastic 28% WR for the day.  And then on other days, you can end up with a 67% WR, even though you feel as if you, yourself, are playing craptastically, which has also happened to me.

 

However, in the long run, the Up To ME portion of that equation reaches, currently in my Overalls to just over 50%.  So it's ME.

 

In your case, It's YOU.

 

That's how this game works.

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO







Also tagged with wot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users