Useless equipment needs a 4th slot on its own.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ArcticTankHunter #1 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 06:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16644 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

The current equipment's everyone uses are Vents, Gun Rammer, Enhance Gun layout, Camo net, Toolbox, Binoculars, Optics and Vertical stabilizer.

It is always the same for every tank build. No one uses Cyclone Filter or Additional Trousers.

So, what is the point of all the other equipment's when no one ever uses them? It puts the player in a disadvantage if they actually use them. There needs to be a 4th slot separating these equipment's, so players will actually have different builds that effect the vehicle.

There should an "attachment" or "upgrade" slot.

The list of equipment that needs to move are the following:

1. Spalliners

2. Wet ammo rack

3. Fill tanks with CO2

4. Enhance Suspension

5. Enhance Spring

6. Additional Grousers

7. Cyclone Filter

With a 4th slot everyone will be able to have their own build per tanks because there isn't a true build using these useless equipment over more reload speed, aim time, spot range or increase camo.

1. If you want your LT to have less terrain resistance get "Additional Trousers", that is one build, oh right there is more.

2. If you want your LT not to get tracked too easily get "Enhance Suspensions".

3. Oh no, your LT engine get knocked out too easily, then get "Cyclone Filter".

4. How about getting set on fire too easily, get "Fill tanks with CO2".

Only one of these can the put on. See what I mean? Everyone has a different build instead of the same rammer, vents and optics.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Feb 03 2019 - 06:35.

F1O1 #2 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 06:45

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

You mean grousers.

I do not think a tank is in need of a pair of trousers.

gideon_an #3 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 06:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29918 battles
  • [EWC] EWC
I'd like to see the fuels become equipment for the people that want an HP boost as part of their LT build.

Ndtm #4 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 06:47

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles
While it's a first to see someone saying that they should split up the equipment but i think the point still stands that, the entire point of only having 3 slots is so you have to choose, even if there are some subpar options that doesn't get used as much as others there are still times when people do pick them, like enhanced suspension, used to be able to mount modules before getting the tracks if those are necessary, that's already a big bonus

cKy_ #5 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 07:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 4504 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
I do believe that more people use spall liners than toolboxes.

NomaeTheJester #6 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 07:12

Captain

• Players
  • 14906 battles

Spall liners are viable when they are super heavy. 

View PostcKy_, on Feb 03 2019 - 07:08, said:

Not when they are poor. Toolbox can be moved for free. If you aren't going to pay for a GLD, and a camo net feels a little useless on a T-150, why not just slap a toolbox on it? Especially when I don't have a repair crew yet. Hell I 3-marked the Cromwell with Binocs, Rammer, Toolbox.

Slone #7 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 07:28

Captain

• Players
  • 20189 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostArcticTankHunter, on Feb 03 2019 - 00:32, said:

get "Additional Trousers"

Yes, I need this one when you're playing and you see a platoon of Mahou players coming at you. Definitely need additional trousers because the current ones are soiled.

Omega_Weapon #8 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 08:15

Major

• Players
  • 53120 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostNdtm, on Feb 03 2019 - 00:47, said:

...but i think the point still stands that, the entire point of only having 3 slots is so you have to choose...

Yes, but the lack of variety since most people pick the same 3 things kind of defeats the purpose of these special equipment slots. Either a 4th slot should be added for the lesser equipment, or the lesser equipment should be improved to make it a more viable choice.

Lynnette_JJW #9 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 08:33

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11969 battles
  • [-RAH-] -RAH-

View PostArcticTankHunter, on Feb 03 2019 - 05:32, said:

The current equipment's everyone uses are Vents, Gun Rammer, Enhance Gun layout, Camo net, Toolbox, Binoculars, Optics and Vertical stabilizer.

It is always the same for every tank build. No one uses Cyclone Filter or Additional Trousers.

So, what is the point of all the other equipment's when no one ever uses them? It puts the player in a disadvantage if they actually use them. There needs to be a 4th slot separating these equipment's, so players will actually have different builds that effect the vehicle.

1. Spalliners

2. Wet ammo rack

3. Fill tanks with CO2

4. Enhance Suspension

5. Enhance Spring

6. Additional Grousers

7. Cyclone Filter

With a 4th slot everyone will be able to have their own build per tanks because there isn't a true build using these useless equipment over more reload speed, aim time, spot range or increase camo.

1. If you want your LT to have less terrain resistance get "Additional Trousers", that is one build, oh right there is more.

Only one of these can the put on. See what I mean? Everyone has a different build instead of the same rammer, vents and optics.

i understand this completely. 
Spalls, suspensions, ect. are things that i dont have on ANY of my other tanks. iv used suspensions before to cheat past upgrading to better suspension before though. but that aside. things like Spalls, CO2, and the like would be great for additional addons. and i honestly would not mind if they hitched the price to x2 for that 4th "misc" equipment slot.

i feel the same way about skills. theres some really stupid skills. like all the Loader's skills. i take camo when i get a loader trained. there just isnt anything useful for him/her. i can categorize all 3 of his unique skills as "support" rather then "primary" which are things like bros-n-arms, recon, sixth sense. ect ones that you should really get at the start. and "secondary" being things like Jack of all trades, controlled impact, or deadeye. which can be useful to you if you expect to play said tank for a very long time.  "support" skills are those side skills that you think you want, but are sorta gimics. like Vengeance, maintenance, designated target, or eagle eye.

now if we could separate skills and perks into their own thing. then that would be nice as well. 

ArcticTankHunter #10 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16644 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View PostSlone, on Feb 03 2019 - 07:28, said:

Yes, I need this one when you're playing and you see a platoon of Mahou players coming at you. Definitely need additional trousers because the current ones are soiled.

I definitely would test that out on AT tanks see if it improves hill speed climb. But current equipment. I wouldn't want to trade gun handling efficiency for better movement. Also would like to see if suspensions will help prevent one shot tracking. Currently Toolbox is better than suspensions because speed repair > more hit point on suspension.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Feb 03 2019 - 23:34.

FrDashing #11 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 01:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20354 battles
  • [-BC-F] -BC-F
If it's useless to you, then why do you whine about a lack of space for them if you don't even use them? 

RC_1140 #12 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 64250 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I like this idea. Would be even more interesting to do this to all equipment. Like WoWS where equipment can only go in certain slots. 

Edited by RC_1140, Feb 04 2019 - 02:29.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #13 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:46

Captain

• Players
  • 28645 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostcKy_, on Feb 02 2019 - 22:08, said:

Totally if you are a heavy and not using a spall liner than there might be something wrong with your head.

Mikosah #14 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

Or they could just buff those obscure equipment into relevancy. Honestly wouldn't mind if for instance they combined the enhanced suspension with the grousers and made a single item that improved both the durability and terrain resistance of your running gear. Or if they did the same thing with the cyclone filter and the CO2, a single item that makes your engine both harder to knock out and also harder to set on fire. 

As of the wet ammo rack and spall liner, perhaps combining them wouldn't be necessary if they were just buffed a little. The protective equipment are seldom used because they're inherently situational, and the small amount protection you get is hard to value. Similar situation with the toolbox, the equipment slots are precious and you can train your crew in repairs so 99% of the time there's no point.

simba90 #15 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17067 battles
What about a piece of equipment that you can mount that gives you another slot.

RC_1140 #16 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 64250 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Feb 03 2019 - 17:46, said:

Totally if you are a heavy and not using a spall liner than there might be something wrong with your head.

HE damage is based on armor thickness, so all your thin engine decks, under your tank, weak side armor, all gets very little benefit. Things like a type 5 or maus with thick base armor even on weaker spots get the best use of them.

pepe_trueno #17 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 04:44

Major

• Players
  • 41596 battles

View PostArcticTankHunter, on Feb 03 2019 - 06:32, said:

1. Spalliners

2. Wet ammo rack

3. Fill tanks with CO2

4. Enhance Suspension

5. Enhance Spring

6. Additional Grousers

7. Cyclone Filter

what they need to do is buff them so they stop being situational or outright useless, for instance:

. Spal liners: increased health  

. Enhance Suspension: aditional make it increace max speed  by 5 km/h

. Additional Grousers: greatly reduce weight and add it to all tanks

. Cyclone Filter: +10% to engine power

GadgetHackwrench #18 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 05:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19148 battles
  • [-RIPT] -RIPT
The three most common types of equipment are toolboxes, camo nets, and binoculars because they cost nothing to demount from a tank. When you are an average free to play tanker, you learn to purchase equipment that can be transferred without penalty.

ACandieCaneKilling #19 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 09:44

Captain

• Players
  • 62371 battles
  • [TRIO] TRIO

The point of limiting the number of pieces of equipment are to give you options to use at least three things, but NOT the option of enhancing your tank too much.

We each have things we can choose for different reasons based on our playing styles etc. but there are limits placed in order to make you choose wisely depending on the tank & play style.

The game is about thinking; its strategy as much in the game as is what we choose to put on each tank. That's part of the point; strategy. What good would it do if we could choose all of them?

Some tanks require a Camo Net while, others require a gun rammer, but therein lies the choice. You have to sacrifice somewhere, making it a CHALLENGE, which is part of the game.

Each tank & player is different, even when two players choose the same tank, often they will choose different equipment choices.

For some, the gun lay drive is more important than the gun rammer.

I'm curious to know where you got your stats on what is MOSTLY USED BY PLAYERS. I don't believe what you said is even close to correct (other than the part of the Trousers lol)

One player will choose Spall liner on a tank that tends to lose crew members a lot, or sees more damage from arties than someone else playing the same tank.

Spall liner protects the crew from injuries from explosions & being rammed but if you do not play your tank as aggressively as someone else does, you may not benefit from using the spall liner at all.

In some cases, spall liners are best suited for heavy tanks higher up the tier chain but for myself, I have found them to help keep my crew from having to be HEALED so often so in some cases I'll choose that over say, a gun rammer for e.g. I depends on the tank. There is NO DEFAULT 3 pieces of Equipment to use on every tank & if you are always choosing those three nearly every time for every tank, you clearly do not understand how they can be used or for the very reasons they are available.

I find my tanks often differ from that of other tanks I'm tooning with when it comes to choices of equipment used when in the exact same tank. Each tank has equipment on it which compliments that specific tank.

Don't make assumptions about how equipment is used by others as many players (like myself) often choose differently than what I would call the status quo & for very good reason.

ArcticTankHunter #20 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 22:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16644 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View Postpepe_trueno, on Feb 04 2019 - 04:44, said:

what they need to do is buff them so they stop being situational or outright useless, for instance:

. Spal liners: increased health  

. Enhance Suspension: aditional make it increace max speed  by 5 km/h

. Additional Grousers: greatly reduce weight and add it to all tanks

. Cyclone Filter: +10% to engine power

I know some people uses spall liner due to artillery but the rest, no one ever uses them.

Those suggestion is terrible. The current stats they have is good already. They might need to buff Trousers and suspensions up. Suspension to prevent one hit track knock out, just enough for two hit instead of 3-4 unless you get hit by something over 120mm gun. Trousers to increase speed while hill climbing or muddy terrains.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Feb 06 2019 - 23:00.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users