A small favor.

Stats

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

SolidHex #1 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 16:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6005 battles

I know there are those here that can glance at noobmeter or wotlabs and interpret them much better than I can (and only so much without seeing how crappy I play).  I have dug myself into a hole as far as, well, everything and wonder if I can climb out of it or accept that this is as good as it gets.

Note: I won't use it as an excuse but up until a month ago I was battling terrible ping rates which had to do with having no choice other than very slow internet service and smart devices logged on and hogging what band width I have. Once I got that sorted (making sure nothing but the gaming computer is connected) it's been much better but up until that point I would try to play trough it with disastrous results. At least I can drive now but still do stupid things.

I shall go hide now...:hiding:

Hellsfog #2 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 38246 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I think you'd get better feed back by posting several replays either on this forum or at https://forum.wotlabs.net/. Comments on replays is most always more helpful than simply looking at your stats. Since they are consistently meh, there are probably several things going on there. 

Tolos #3 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 17:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostSolidHex, on Feb 03 2019 - 15:41, said:

I know there are those here that can glance at noobmeter or wotlabs and interpret them much better than I can (and only so much without seeing how crappy I play).  I have dug myself into a hole as far as, well, everything and wonder if I can climb out of it or accept that this is as good as it gets.

Note: I won't use it as an excuse but up until a month ago I was battling terrible ping rates which had to do with having no choice other than very slow internet service and smart devices logged on and hogging what band width I have. Once I got that sorted (making sure nothing but the gaming computer is connected) it's been much better but up until that point I would try to play trough it with disastrous results. At least I can drive now but still do stupid things.

I shall go hide now...:hiding:

You're FAR from a bad player. At the moment you are average. 

Easy way to get better.

1 : Learn from mistakes.

2 : Always ask ' what could have I done better on a loss ( or even on win for that matter ).

3 : Don't be afraid to trade HP, just make sure you're not throwing HP away. 

4 : Join a good training clan.

5 : Always keep an eye on the mini map.  

I can see from your page that you do VERY low damage for the tanks you play, that means you are either rushing in throwing your tank away, or sitting back until its too late and getting mobbed. Find a balance, either division up with better players, or watch better players to see how they do it. 

Tier 4 and 5 seem to be your 'sweet spot', if that's where you have the most fun, play those tiers. Enjoying the game means you will win more as you don't play frustrated or angry. 

Hope this helped. 

Boghie #4 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 17:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8421 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

SolidHex,

You have just started playing Tiers VII and VIII.  Good on you.  But, that will drop the WR% - and that is to be expected.  The game will be faster at higher tiers, the game will be less forgiving at higher tiers, and the lanes of advance will be different for those reasons.  Critical areas will have to be taken and held differently in a Tier VII game than a Tier VI game.

Statistically, the only thing I saw - and it was minor or non-existent - might be a tendency to attain damage that does not matter.  Your survival rate is high so you are not YOLOing and passive players tend to die at a high rate as well.  Again, maybe you are not getting good quality early damage.  That first shot.  That first spot which forces the opposition to stop and take cover less than two minutes into the game - thus stalling their drive and plans.  Those change games.

My money is you will progress at a good rate.  I don't see anything ugly in there.

ThePigSheFlies #5 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 74509 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

what tolos said, but I'd add.  your battle count + join date seem to indicate that you either go long periods of time without playing, or only play a handful of battles per session.

in either case, that can be tough to maintain a sense of your tanks' capabilities, battle rhythm, map knowledge, and various tank weak spots as they've been introduced and/or rebalanced over the years.

your stats + win rate + battle count don't seem that out of line to me.  at ~5k battles I was a 49%er just like a lot of the player base.

Projectile_Misfired #6 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 38487 battles

OP, another thing you can do, after you die in battle, is switch over to one, or more, of your teammates still playing and watch how they play. You can do this using your Left and Right mouse buttons. 

I was able to learn a lot in my early years by doing this. Instead of just exiting out to the garage, I would watch how others played the same or similar tanks. It took a while, but I was able to improve my game by applying what I learned from watching them.

SolidHex #7 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6005 battles

Okay here are 2 battles one win, one loss.  

1st is the M56 on Cliffs.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4765192?secret=ba0c26a4d06926422c8af23348ae4c91

2nd is t-20 Manerheim Line.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4765198?secret=ba0c26a4d06926422c8af23348ae4c91

DrWho_ #8 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 23916 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Feb 03 2019 - 17:15, said:

what tolos said, but I'd add.  your battle count + join date seem to indicate that you either go long periods of time without playing, or only play a handful of battles per session.

in either case, that can be tough to maintain a sense of your tanks' capabilities, battle rhythm, map knowledge, and various tank weak spots as they've been introduced and/or rebalanced over the years.

your stats + win rate + battle count don't seem that out of line to me.  at ~5k battles I was a 49%er just like a lot of the player base.

Yeah I'm one of those players who needs to play a few games before I get into the game again, if I was to sit down and play 5 games pr sitting I'd have utterly rotten stats. Better to use that time to get other stuff done and make room for longer gaming sessions at other times

redjkent #9 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 94751 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
i will repeat this to anyone who askes about this game stats do not matter, they are just numbers that people use to judge others, if you want to be part of system that judges others on how well they play a VIDEO GAME be my guess it causes the enjoyment of this game to go out the window

Inzane007 #10 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 12:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21158 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

Here is my 2c

A bit of background

I’m playing from Africa so my ping is a minimum of 310ms, but on average it is around 340 +-. At 10 000 battles I just barely broke out of being a tomato.

What I did to improve my game was:

1. Attitude
  • Play more frequently.
  • If you want to improve, you need to believe that you can. Don’t ever believe that this is as good as you will ever be. (Works in real life too!)
  • Calm down and take it easy. I believe that you can master this game by using information and knowledge.

1. Tank knowledge

Things you need to take consideration of:

Viewrange

Camo

Gun depression

DPM

Penetration

Gun handeling

Armour

Mobility

• Get to know your tank a little and you will see that tank classes should not dictate where you have to go on a map. Take the T-10 for example, its frontal and side armour is not too great, it’s very mobile and has a fairly good gun. I most play this tank where I can use my mobility instead of my armour, but I can brawl in it if I absolutely have to.
  • Get to know weakspots and use them to your advantage, when possible try and get a tracking shot on the enemy as well.
  • Learn weakpoints of a tank, if a tank has a long reload you can use that opportunity to put in 2/3 shots before he is ready to shoot at you. Or if a he has a slow track traverse you can easily circle him.
  • Get to know your tank’s strong points and always fight on your terms, it’s no use using a strv103b in a close combat heavy brawl. Take advantage of your own tank.

1. Map knowledge
  • Know where to use your tank to its maximum potential
  • Always keep moving and repositioning and try to maximise your DPM
  • Learn where to expect certain tanks, I’m pretty sure a Maus will be going city.
  • Learn movement lanes, if you are mobile enough you can catch that same Maus with his pants down on his way city!
  • Take note of ridge lines, structures and bushes and abuse them as much as possible!

1. Situational Awareness
  • Learn to know when you are spotted without 6th sense, you won’t believe how many times this has saved my bacon! If a tank just randomly stops and aim at you, you should know it’s time to run.
  • Always keep an eye on your minimap and adjust your position according to your tank’s strong points.
  • When a lemming train occurs, follow it and push hard! It’s surprisingly effective!
  • Know when to chop and change ammo types.
  • You also need to time your consumables well, wait until all 3 arties have molested you before you use your medkit. The same goes for your repair kit.

1. Player Knowledge (Optional, XVM seems to be very much hated)
  • In my opinion tomatoes are the most unpredictable players on the field. They are like wildcards, they will spot you when you don’t expect it!
  • Unicums on the other hand are very predictable, they mostly play meta tanks. They will always position themselves in the best possible spot or situation. You will roughly know where to expect them with time.
  • Super Unicums, if a tomato and a unicum had sexual intercourse they would give birth to a Super unicum. These people are on a different level.

There a lot more in-depth guides on how to improve your gameplay see links below:

http://www.wot-fightclub.de/wot/road_to_victory/calc.html (wn8 forecast)

https://modxvm.com/en/ (XVM)

https://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/articles.html/game-theory_3/ (some useful insight)

https://forum.wotlabs.net/ (good source of guides)

https://tanks.gg/list (Tanks Armour viewer)

Pop me a ingame friend invite and I'll be more than willing to help you out! (This goes for anyone else as well)

TrevorsT112 #11 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 19:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9104 battles

View PostInzane007, on Feb 04 2019 - 12:58, said:

Here is my 2c

A bit of background

I’m playing from Africa so my ping is a minimum of 310ms, but on average it is around 340 +-. At 10 000 battles I just barely broke out of being a tomato.

What I did to improve my game was:

1. Attitude
  • Play more frequently.
  • If you want to improve, you need to believe that you can. Don’t ever believe that this is as good as you will ever be. (Works in real life too!)
  • Calm down and take it easy. I believe that you can master this game by using information and knowledge.

1. Tank knowledge

Things you need to take consideration of:

Viewrange

Camo

Gun depression

DPM

Penetration

Gun handeling

Armour

Mobility

• Get to know your tank a little and you will see that tank classes should not dictate where you have to go on a map. Take the T-10 for example, its frontal and side armour is not too great, it’s very mobile and has a fairly good gun. I most play this tank where I can use my mobility instead of my armour, but I can brawl in it if I absolutely have to.
  • Get to know weakspots and use them to your advantage, when possible try and get a tracking shot on the enemy as well.
  • Learn weakpoints of a tank, if a tank has a long reload you can use that opportunity to put in 2/3 shots before he is ready to shoot at you. Or if a he has a slow track traverse you can easily circle him.
  • Get to know your tank’s strong points and always fight on your terms, it’s no use using a strv103b in a close combat heavy brawl. Take advantage of your own tank.

1. Map knowledge
  • Know where to use your tank to its maximum potential
  • Always keep moving and repositioning and try to maximise your DPM
  • Learn where to expect certain tanks, I’m pretty sure a Maus will be going city.
  • Learn movement lanes, if you are mobile enough you can catch that same Maus with his pants down on his way city!
  • Take note of ridge lines, structures and bushes and abuse them as much as possible!

1. Situational Awareness
  • Learn to know when you are spotted without 6th sense, you won’t believe how many times this has saved my bacon! If a tank just randomly stops and aim at you, you should know it’s time to run.
  • Always keep an eye on your minimap and adjust your position according to your tank’s strong points.
  • When a lemming train occurs, follow it and push hard! It’s surprisingly effective!
  • Know when to chop and change ammo types.
  • You also need to time your consumables well, wait until all 3 arties have molested you before you use your medkit. The same goes for your repair kit.

1. Player Knowledge (Optional, XVM seems to be very much hated)
  • In my opinion tomatoes are the most unpredictable players on the field. They are like wildcards, they will spot you when you don’t expect it!
  • Unicums on the other hand are very predictable, they mostly play meta tanks. They will always position themselves in the best possible spot or situation. You will roughly know where to expect them with time.
  • Super Unicums, if a tomato and a unicum had sexual intercourse they would give birth to a Super unicum. These people are on a different level.

There a lot more in-depth guides on how to improve your gameplay see links below:

http://www.wot-fightclub.de/wot/road_to_victory/calc.html (wn8 forecast)

https://modxvm.com/en/ (XVM)

https://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/articles.html/game-theory_3/ (some useful insight)

https://forum.wotlabs.net/ (good source of guides)

https://tanks.gg/list (Tanks Armour viewer)

Pop me a ingame friend invite and I'll be more than willing to help you out! (This goes for anyone else as well)

Great post. Thanks for your insight.

TrevorsT112 #12 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 20:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9104 battles

View PostPanman69, on Feb 03 2019 - 17:30, said:

OP, another thing you can do, after you die in battle, is switch over to one, or more, of your teammates still playing and watch how they play. You can do this using your Left and Right mouse buttons. 

I was able to learn a lot in my early years by doing this. Instead of just exiting out to the garage, I would watch how others played the same or similar tanks. It took a while, but I was able to improve my game by applying what I learned from watching them.

I was told that if you exit a battle before it ends, you will lose any credits and xp earned, but I cannot find anything from WoT that supports this. In fact, any documentation I have read seems to suggest that you can not only return to the garage once your tank is destroyed, but you can start another battle as long as it is in a different tank, or you wait until the battle where your last tank was destroyed ends. It doesn't make sense that you would lose the credits and xp earned, but does anyone know whether that is true or not? 

Flaming_Manatees #13 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 21:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17064 battles

View PostTrevorsT112, on Feb 04 2019 - 11:03, said:

I was told that if you exit a battle before it ends, you will lose any credits and xp earned, but I cannot find anything from WoT that supports this. In fact, any documentation I have read seems to suggest that you can not only return to the garage once your tank is destroyed, but you can start another battle as long as it is in a different tank, or you wait until the battle where your last tank was destroyed ends. It doesn't make sense that you would lose the credits and xp earned, but does anyone know whether that is true or not? 

This is not true. Once your tank is destroyed you can freely leave the game with no penalty. You can also start a new game with no penalty.

Also my 2 cents OP. I think at 5k games you are right where you should be. Keep in mind the first few thousand battles you're playing with sub-optimal crew and sub-optimal tanks which greatly limits your performance. At 5k games played is right around the time I started looking more into game mechanics, gameplay tactics, and related. There is plenty of time to bring your stats to wherever you want them to be.

I would highly recommend watching good players on twitch (skill4ltu is one that streams regularly). They provide valuable insight into optimal map locations, gameplay tactics, tank characteristics, and much more. You can definitely learn a lot from them!

Good luck to you!

Edited by Flaming_Manatees, Feb 05 2019 - 00:55.

Copacetic #14 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 21:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46609 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View Postredjkent, on Feb 04 2019 - 00:55, said:

i will repeat this to anyone who askes about this game stats do not matter, they are just numbers that people use to judge others, if you want to be part of system that judges others on how well they play a VIDEO GAME be my guess it causes the enjoyment of this game to go out the window

Generation snowflake

redjkent #15 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 21:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 94751 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostCopacetic, on Feb 04 2019 - 20:36, said:

Generation snowflake

nope just against people like you that judges others

minneerminneer #16 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 23:07

Captain

• Players
  • 36860 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
always possible to climb out of a hole im still climbing out of the massive hole i dug for 20k battles

redjkent #17 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 23:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 94751 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
i hope they continue with there plan to be able to hid stats from other players, its is none of there business and also is a toxic part of this game

SolidHex #18 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 00:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6005 battles

View PostPanman69, on Feb 03 2019 - 11:30, said:

I've certainly done that and still do but sometimes I'd like to follow an enemy because they'll be doing much better than my team in some battles I'm in.  What were they doing, what could they exploit against my team, what weakness did they see?

Also tagged with Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users