Where is the fun in this game?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

BadTiger62 #1 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5994 battles
  • [MILKY] MILKY
The two tier battles, mismatched match maker - shooting gold that still does not penetrate - the primarily lop sided battles that end in 5-15 or 15-5. No wonder new players are so frustrated and leave - they cant get a leg up or get into a decent, fair contest. Inexperienced players are no match for experienced players. The designers of this game are so greedy to get a few dollars that they are missing one key point - people enjoying their game. Sure, I am confident there are those of you who enjoy the game because you have earned your tier 10 tank and you think its skill killing two tiers below you, when actually its no contest. Simply put there just isnt any fun in this game when you lose 90% of the time. Say what you will - the designers have designed the fun right out of this mess.

Tolos #2 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 21:05, said:

The two tier battles, mismatched match maker - shooting gold that still does not penetrate - the primarily lop sided battles that end in 5-15 or 15-5. No wonder new players are so frustrated and leave - they cant get a leg up or get into a decent, fair contest. Inexperienced players are no match for experienced players. The designers of this game are so greedy to get a few dollars that they are missing one key point - people enjoying their game. Sure, I am confident there are those of you who enjoy the game because you have earned your tier 10 tank and you think its skill killing two tiers below you, when actually its no contest. Simply put there just isnt any fun in this game when you lose 90% of the time. Say what you will - the designers have designed the fun right out of this mess.

The 2 tier difference isnt the issue, the issue is you jumped to tier 8 before you knew what you was doing. That isn't the MM, thats YOU. 

MagillaGuerilla #3 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 25892 battles
It's like fishing all day without a bite, then when the sun's going down that one last cast lands a big bass. Then you can't wait to go fishing again.

Garandster #4 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 16:05, said:

Sure, I am confident there are those of you who enjoy the game because you have earned your tier 10 tank and you think its skill killing two tiers below you, when actually its no contest. Simply put there just isnt any fun in this game when you lose 90% of the time.

Skill is killing tanks two tiers higher than you, and based on average win rate, you only lose 50% of your games. I have zero tier 10 tanks and I enjoy the game.

NiteDog #5 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 29493 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
OP, when was the last time you asked those "experienced" players for help. Like Tolos said, maybe you moved too fast to higher tiers without the developmental skills to handle the game. 

Tolos #6 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostNiteDog, on Feb 03 2019 - 21:20, said:

OP, when was the last time you asked those "experienced" players for help. Like Tolos said, maybe you moved too fast to higher tiers without the developmental skills to handle the game. 

At 2000 games like the OP, I was still only playing tier 5 and 6's because I had no idea what I was doing lol. 

DimkaTTo6eDimka #7 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 5837 battles

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 22:05, said:

dude, it's not about the game. In such 45% of the animals like you who bought a tank level 8 and decided that can
And in the end you stand where it is not necessary and go where it is not necessary:izmena:
Learn to start the maps then the possibility of his tank, but for this you need to choose the right one for your character warehouse. 
Love to play slowly and thoughtfully take heavy tanks and so on;)

NiteDog #8 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 29493 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostTolos, on Feb 03 2019 - 13:21, said:

At 2000 games like the OP, I was still only playing tier 5 and 6's because I had no idea what I was doing lol. 

I was considerably worse at 2,000 battles and played for "Fun". I realized that I was NOT having fun and decided to get smart. Read more, ask more questions, ask for help, learn the mechanics, learn the maps, the role of the tank I was playing, work in coordination with the better players on my team and not get in their way, etc. etc. etc. I am still hurting from all the mistakes I made but now I know better. As a result, I am having a Blast  playing even with the problems the game exhibits.. 

Edited by NiteDog, Feb 03 2019 - 22:33.

Tolos #9 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostNiteDog, on Feb 03 2019 - 21:30, said:

I was considerably worse at 2,000 battles and played for "Fun". I realized that I was NOT having fun and decided to get smart. Read more, ask more questions, ask for help, learn the mechanics, learn the maps, the role of the tank I was playing, work in coordination with the better players on my team and not get in their way, etc. etc. etc. I am still hurting from all the mistakes I made but now I know better. As a result, I am having a Blast  playing in difference to the problems with the game. 

Back when I started, there was no guides, no streamers, nothing, 4 tier spread, gold ammo only for gold. So at 2000 games I was about a 48%er. New players have it SOOOOOOO much easier now. 

NeroGermanicus #10 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 22:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 53044 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
I am currently playing the AT15 which is bottom tier well over 98% of the time. Always facing OP tanks with a pop gun and I for one am sick and tired of this crap. I have a little bit to go and now on certain games just park in one spot and don't move. There really isn't much point, you can't turn fast or drive fast and the armor is a joke! The AT15 is the worst piece of crap in this game! And don't tell me to angle my armor, if you manage to bounce a few shots, they just load gold and blow right through it.

death_stryker #11 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 14:05, said:

We don't win more than you because we kill tier 8s in tier 10s, but because we kill tier 10s in tier 8s. If you can't do that, I suggest going down to lower tiers where you won't face these "experienced" players so often. No one's forcing you to play high tiers, so if you don't enjoy them why bother?

Projectile_Misfired #12 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 21:05, said:

Then quit.

This is a GAME. Games are supposed to be fun. Yes, you will lose some, but even in the losses, you can still have fun. If you're not having fun, maybe you shouldn't be playing.

TLWiz #13 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 22142 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 22:05, said:

The fun is for those of us who enjoy playing it. It is not the designers making you lose 90% of the time. When you figure out that it is you and decide to look for help to play better is when the game starts to be fun. Dying quickly with no positive effect on the game outcome is not fun.  You need to learn to stay alive longer and how to inflict damage. It is a very fair contest, and as such players with less skill do not do as well.  Own it and work on it.  Making excuses doesn't help you. Get into it and start to learn how to make regular ammo work. Learn how to not yolo and get wiped out (my personal and ongoing issue...) and learn how to use the minimap. Rushing to the high tiers usually ends poorly.  Good luck!

Edited by TLWiz, Feb 03 2019 - 23:40.

jt1alta #14 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43450 battles

View PostNeroGermanicus, on Feb 03 2019 - 13:54, said:

I am currently playing the AT15 which is bottom tier well over 98% of the time. Always facing OP tanks with a pop gun and I for one am sick and tired of this crap. I have a little bit to go and now on certain games just park in one spot and don't move. There really isn't much point, you can't turn fast or drive fast and the armor is a joke! The AT15 is the worst piece of crap in this game! And don't tell me to angle my armor, if you manage to bounce a few shots, they just load gold and blow right through it.

The AT-15 usually dies a horrible death,but when you crush that LT running circles around you into an embankment slowly pivoting your gun into its side and killing him you it feels good. It's really not a tank for everybody and the best results are when you have support, so sitting in one spot might be disappointing.

BadTiger62 #15 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5994 battles
  • [MILKY] MILKY
Figured this would be the response I get from experienced players. Lip service. Panman69s response was about the most truthful of all. TLWIZ is about the most delusional. Most games end in 5-15 either way + or -. Thats not a good game either way. 

gpc_4 #16 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 43505 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I'm sure it is confusing when you don't understand the game. Much easier to complain then learn.

jt1alta #17 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43450 battles

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Feb 03 2019 - 13:16, said:

It's like fishing all day without a bite, then when the sun's going down that one last cast lands a big bass. Then you can't wait to go fishing again.

Good analogy, kinda why I like the game too'

Kansas boy or further south? +1

Edited by jt1alta, Feb 04 2019 - 00:14.

the_Deadly_Bulb #18 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 27588 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 13:05, said:

OP, why is it you feel the urge to play in T-VIII as often as you do?

You clearly aren't enjoying it there.

You play at a very satisfactory T-V/VI level.

Why not play there for a while?

If you thought the object of this game was to go up the tiers as ASAP you misunderstood.

Go play some T-V/VI for a few days and see if it isn't more fun. :honoring:

P.S. bring your better crews down there too.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #19 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:24

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

If you don't enjoy the game maybe it's not for you... Plenty of others enjoy it.

Tolos #20 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 22:49, said:

Figured this would be the response I get from experienced players. Lip service. Panman69s response was about the most truthful of all. TLWIZ is about the most delusional. Most games end in 5-15 either way + or -. Thats not a good game either way. 

Maybe if all the experienced players are telling you the same thing, they might be right, and maybe you should listen ?. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users