Jump to content


Where is the fun in this game?


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Tolos #21 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:28

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 17,891
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 22:49, said:

Figured this would be the response I get from experienced players. Lip service. Panman69s response was about the most truthful of all. TLWIZ is about the most delusional. Most games end in 5-15 either way + or -. Thats not a good game either way. 

 

Maybe if all the experienced players are telling you the same thing, they might be right, and maybe you should listen ?. 

Pipinghot #22 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 9,260
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 17:49, said:

Figured this would be the response I get from experienced players. Lip service. Panman69s response was about the most truthful of all. TLWIZ is about the most delusional. Most games end in 5-15 either way + or -. Thats not a good game either way. 

So... you weren't actually looking for help, just trying to give yourself another excuse to have a pissy attitude. People are more than happy to help you on these forums, but not if you run around with a chip on your shoulder treating other people like the bad guys. If you want help, ask for help, but get rid of the snotty attitude.



SlappedbyRommel #23 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:38

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 7343 battles
  • 95
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

View Postdeath_stryker, on Feb 03 2019 - 23:29, said:

We don't win more than you because we kill tier 8s in tier 10s, but because we kill tier 10s in tier 8s. If you can't do that, I suggest going down to lower tiers where you won't face these "experienced" players so often. No one's forcing you to play high tiers, so if you don't enjoy them why bother?

 

In some respects I agree with you statement but just now I have to disagree why do players with 30 K to 50 K games seal club at tier 4,& 5, just had 4 games like this it is amazing what xvm shows? Beginning players don't stand a chance I play 4 to 6 and occasionally higher tiers when I am with platoon mates so again why are stat hounds filling their egos by seal clubbing it just wrecks the game for new players? This will chase away new players trying to do better finding its futile maybe the 30K to 50 K need to stick to higher tiers just maybe?

Sam_Sanister #24 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26748 battles
  • 1,774
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    10-11-2013

View PostNeroGermanicus, on Feb 03 2019 - 15:54, said:

I am currently playing the AT15 which is bottom tier well over 98% of the time. Always facing OP tanks with a pop gun and I for one am sick and tired of this crap. I have a little bit to go and now on certain games just park in one spot and don't move. There really isn't much point, you can't turn fast or drive fast and the armor is a joke! The AT15 is the worst piece of crap in this game! And don't tell me to angle my armor, if you manage to bounce a few shots, they just load gold and blow right through it.

 

At least you're playing it after it got its armor buffed; I ground through it when I heard the Death Star was being replaced.
Used to be a 0 armor hole behind the center of the gun mantlet, too.
It has decent DPM, it just lacks everything else.

Hellsfog #25 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 35780 battles
  • 5,659
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostNeroGermanicus, on Feb 03 2019 - 16:54, said:

I am currently playing the AT15 which is bottom tier well over 98% of the time. Always facing OP tanks with a pop gun and I for one am sick and tired of this crap. I have a little bit to go and now on certain games just park in one spot and don't move. There really isn't much point, you can't turn fast or drive fast and the armor is a joke! The AT15 is the worst piece of crap in this game! And don't tell me to angle my armor, if you manage to bounce a few shots, they just load gold and blow right through it.

 

I don't think there was ever a period where anyone said the AT 15 was fun.

the_dude_76 #26 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 01:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 32924 battles
  • 3,757
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 16:49, said:

Figured this would be the response I get from experienced players. Lip service. Panman69s response was about the most truthful of all. TLWIZ is about the most delusional. Most games end in 5-15 either way + or -. Thats not a good game either way. 

 

Figured this would be the response when no one offered to hold your hand or give you a shoulder to cry on.

 

You didn't learn to play the game against lower tier and similarly skilled players. It really is that simple whether you want to hear it or not. Nothing is fun when you're totally outclassed by the opposition because you chose to play with people who are more advanced than you... Duh



NeroGermanicus #27 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 01:29

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 47917 battles
  • 1,516
  • [HAX] HAX
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

View PostHellsfog, on Feb 03 2019 - 17:50, said:

 

I don't think there was ever a period where anyone said the AT 15 was fun.

 

You know what is really infuriating is when the 25th battle comes up and I finally get top tier! I get a team that should be playing tier 2!

motoracedave #28 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 01:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18708 battles
  • 953
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-21-2013

View Postjt1alta, on Feb 03 2019 - 17:48, said:

 

The AT-15 usually dies a horrible death,but when you crush that LT running circles around you into an embankment slowly pivoting your gun into its side and killing him you it feels good. It's really not a tank for everybody and the best results are when you have support, so sitting in one spot might be disappointing.

 

But the Tier 9... mamma mia!!!!!  :girl:

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #29 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 36799 battles
  • 312
  • [GST] GST
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postthe_dude_76, on Feb 03 2019 - 18:14, said:

 

Figured this would be the response when no one offered to hold your hand or give you a shoulder to cry on.

 

You didn't learn to play the game against lower tier and similarly skilled players. It really is that simple whether you want to hear it or not. Nothing is fun when you're totally outclassed by the opposition because you chose to play with people who are more advanced than you... Duh

 

This is part of the problem. As you know, many highly skilled or advanced players roam around at tier 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. And theres no way to choose who or what skill level you are playing against, you ONLY get to choose the tank. I have tried to get friends to play this game, but they soon tire of being blown to bits game after game. I don't care what you say, there is a high learning curve to this game, its NOT an "easy kids game" as some say. Each and every vehicle, from each country, and each tech tree line, behaves differently. You can play tier 4 with others all you want, and tell them they need to "git gud" before moving up, but if its stacked with players with 4-5000 ratings, they won't last long as a new player. Its sink or swim with the big boys wheather you want to or not. 

There are many games that are set up so that as your skill increases you move up. But there are not many where after you move up, you can also go backwards with no penalty. Thats the double-edged sword with this game. Outstanding players, who have played tens of thousands of games, are allowed to play with ones that have only played 100. And I don't have an answer to that.

But as far as going back to lower tiers to play with "your own skill level", that only goes so far. 8 out of 10 games, you will end up against much better players anyway.



Ortinoth_ #30 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26389 battles
  • 1,080
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

View PostBadTiger62, on Feb 03 2019 - 14:05, said:

The two tier battles, mismatched match maker - shooting gold that still does not penetrate - the primarily lop sided battles that end in 5-15 or 15-5. No wonder new players are so frustrated and leave - they cant get a leg up or get into a decent, fair contest. Inexperienced players are no match for experienced players. The designers of this game are so greedy to get a few dollars that they are missing one key point - people enjoying their game. Sure, I am confident there are those of you who enjoy the game because you have earned your tier 10 tank and you think its skill killing two tiers below you, when actually its no contest. Simply put there just isnt any fun in this game when you lose 90% of the time. Say what you will - the designers have designed the fun right out of this mess.

 

you need to learn the mechanics and play better, Recents i normally win 54 to 55% of my battles for the day even though it took me sometime to learn the mechanics of the game

dunniteowl #31 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 03:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26338 battles
  • 6,004
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostDimkaTTo6eDimka, on Feb 03 2019 - 15:25, said:

dude, it's not about the game. In such 45% of the animals like you who bought a tank level 8 and decided that can
And in the end you stand where it is not necessary and go where it is not necessary:izmena:
Learn to start the maps then the possibility of his tank, but for this you need to choose the right one for your character warehouse. 
Love to play slowly and thoughtfully take heavy tanks and so on;)

 

^^^  Think I'll have to Google translate this one....   ^^^

 

OP, here is some of what you do not have:  The WoT Welcome Package.  In here are the super secret tools that make all good players good players.  These are completely legal and WG approved hacks for playing the game.  They're also free and only cost you the time it takes to decode them onto your soft drive (your brain).

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO


Edited by dunniteowl, Feb 04 2019 - 03:18.


Youdda #32 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 03:56

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 62355 battles
  • 151
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013

I think you rally need to decide what has to happen in the game for you to consider it FUn. If you need to win to have fun then you will need to put in some serious studying and learn all the weak spots on tanks, learn the maps really well, learn how to track an opponent and then kill them. Learn to read the map in game and know when to fall back so you have TD help, and when to push ahead. All that is just the begining.

OOOORRRRRR

Just have fun shooting tanks, and do not worry about wins and losses. Maybe just set paersonal goals like doing your hit points in damage, or being among the last 5 on your team before dieing. If you like heavies, try for a steel wall. If lites then try to spot others without being spotted. Maybe work on the personal missions.

There are a lot of ways to enjoy this game without worrying aboutn winning.

i personaly have not concerned myself with wins and loses in a long time. I just do whatever makes me happy. Usually what makes me happy still helps the team, but not always.

PS (Full disclosure) I do not seal club often, but when I do - I Hetz 



NeroGermanicus #33 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 06:05

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 47917 battles
  • 1,516
  • [HAX] HAX
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

View Postmotoracedave, on Feb 03 2019 - 18:40, said:

 

But the Tier 9... mamma mia!!!!!  :girl:

 

To prove how cynical I am I even doubt the Tortoise will be, I have two shotted those in my 4005 using standard AP. Just aimed in the middle and boom.

F1O1 #34 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 08:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50 battles
  • 171
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012

View PostNeroGermanicus, on Feb 03 2019 - 21:54, said:

I am currently playing the AT15 which is bottom tier well over 98% of the time. Always facing OP tanks with a pop gun and I for one am sick and tired of this crap. I have a little bit to go and now on certain games just park in one spot and don't move. There really isn't much point, you can't turn fast or drive fast and the armor is a joke! The AT15 is the worst piece of crap in this game! And don't tell me to angle my armor, if you manage to bounce a few shots, they just load gold and blow right through it.

 

AT15 is a really bad vehicle. lt never got the 32pdr DPM buffs Caernarvon got.

You should have waited for Frontline to grind it, at least there everyone is tier eight only

The Tortoise is good and worth it though, you will enjoy that one.

 



F1O1 #35 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 08:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50 battles
  • 171
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012
And aiming at the middle of tortoise and boom, could not be further from the truth. Tortoise is a horrible tank to auto-aim, and FV4005 is a horrible tank to use auto-aim

TrevorsT112 #36 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 13:13

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6299 battles
  • 110
  • [MSFIT] MSFIT
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Feb 04 2019 - 02:14, said:

 

This is part of the problem. As you know, many highly skilled or advanced players roam around at tier 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. And theres no way to choose who or what skill level you are playing against, you ONLY get to choose the tank. I have tried to get friends to play this game, but they soon tire of being blown to bits game after game. I don't care what you say, there is a high learning curve to this game, its NOT an "easy kids game" as some say. Each and every vehicle, from each country, and each tech tree line, behaves differently. You can play tier 4 with others all you want, and tell them they need to "git gud" before moving up, but if its stacked with players with 4-5000 ratings, they won't last long as a new player. Its sink or swim with the big boys wheather you want to or not. 

There are many games that are set up so that as your skill increases you move up. But there are not many where after you move up, you can also go backwards with no penalty. Thats the double-edged sword with this game. Outstanding players, who have played tens of thousands of games, are allowed to play with ones that have only played 100. And I don't have an answer to that.

But as far as going back to lower tiers to play with "your own skill level", that only goes so far. 8 out of 10 games, you will end up against much better players anyway.

 

This entire quote is so well written and so true. Anyone who thinks this is a simple kids game is sadly mistaken. WoT is more like an extremely sophisticated chess game. As a player, you get rewarded for the amount of time you spend. Your reward is better equipped tanks and more capable crews, which essentially translates into more capable chess pieces. How you use those chess pieces embodies your own personal skill at playing chess, or in this case, WoT. One of the reasons I play this game is because I really like the game mechanic that Wargaming has created. I don't hold anything against a player with 40k matches playing against me at tiers I to VI. I myself will likely keep going back to the lower tiers as I really enjoy playing them. Each tier has its own feel, almost like a game within a game, and I like that. A lot of people here have suggested that the game only gets going after tier VI, but not having played tiers IX and X yet, my own favorite tiers are IV, V, and VI. But there are so many factors with so many different possible combinations that affect the outcome of each battle that it makes trying to find the reason you lost the last match futile. People should first and foremost find personal enjoyment in playing the game without constantly pursuing instant gratification. Once you can get yourself into that grove, your grind will take on new meaning. If you only won 46% of the last 1000 battles, but you were still able to improve your crew skills and tank modules/equipment, while learning a few more tricks, your are on the right path. Learn to enjoy it!  

Taihbsear #37 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 15:35

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4256 battles
  • 39
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    08-04-2018
There are those days when I just say the hell with it log off and go do something I enjoy.  I play n the mornigns to just wake up.  I play a T-29 and I suck at it but am learning by watching others.  I enjoy arty in the mornign because it is a slower pace at that time until the coffee kicks in.    I call this my aggresion release game after spending all day navigating the streets of this town i live in and this allows me to kill and not get put in jail, but then I do die alot but I don't care it is a game after all and like BF2 and Mdal of Honor you learn to play better but there is always someone better than you.

Blucraft #38 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 15:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8825 battles
  • 1,072
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

It's a complex game and not for everyone; I've been playing on/off for quite a while and find it still pretty fun.  Take your time...learn the maps and if you're not having fun find something else.

 

-Blu



the_dude_76 #39 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 16:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 32924 battles
  • 3,757
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Feb 03 2019 - 19:14, said:

 

This is part of the problem. As you know, many highly skilled or advanced players roam around at tier 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

 

I know there are a few but most players in a low tier battle aren't "highly skilled". Never minding that this is entirely besides the point. Yes there are a few in lower tier but they represent the majority at higher tiers so playing low tiers is still the best way for an inexperienced player to learn.

 

And of course this is nothing new. The rest of us all dealt with the same issue when we started.Sure the game has a steep learning curve but that doesn't mean you have to steepen the curve by making it harder on yourself than you need to. It's not just some bizarre coincidence that the payers who rush up the tech trees, using free exp to skip lower tiers, have shtty win rates and horrible stats.



the_Deadly_Bulb #40 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 18:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 24220 battles
  • 5,351
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View Postthe_dude_76, on Feb 05 2019 - 07:44, said:

 

I know there are a few but most players in a low tier battle aren't "highly skilled". Never minding that this is entirely besides the point. Yes there are a few in lower tier but they represent the majority at higher tiers so playing low tiers is still the best way for an inexperienced player to learn.

 

And of course this is nothing new. The rest of us all dealt with the same issue when we started.Sure the game has a steep learning curve but that doesn't mean you have to steepen the curve by making it harder on yourself than you need to. It's not just some bizarre coincidence that the payers who rush up the tech trees, using free exp to skip lower tiers, have shtty win rates and horrible stats.

 

Agreed. :honoring:

 

There are going to be better players than you in every tier you play.

The thing about the lower tiers is that even though they are chaotic (and there's no doubt they are) they are a lot more forgiving.

You can make errors in the lower tiers that will result in not even being shot at. If you make that same error in a higher tier you get to watch the rest of the battle or go back to the garage, your tank will be a smoldering wreck.

 

Seal clubbers are in those low tiers you say.

Yes, yes they are.

Most seal clubbers aren't that skilled, they depend entirely on the lack of experience that most seals have.

Many seal clubbers depend on the potential that their opponents won't even know how to fight let alone fight them.

 

There's too much rushing in this game. 

You might even say there's a rushing bias.

Too many players rush out as fast as they can as soon as the game starts, just itching to shoot some opponents.

They often end up destroyed in the first minutes.

 

Others rush up the tech tree.

"Got to get to those higher tiers where the tanks are better", they think.

Indeed the tanks are better.

The players too.

So when everyone has better tanks and everyone else has better crews and more experience than you, how do you think you're going to fair in T-VIII in your new Premium with less than 500 matches played?

Abysmal is likely the word you should be thinking of.

 

If a player is being toasted early or with little or no damage over and over then they should review some of their replays.

Its amazing how good hind sight can be.

Through review of these replays where the seal clubber "played" you you can learn how to counter them and where you went wrong.

Focus on improving you performance in those lower tiers and learn to destroy those seal clubbers, rather than trying to escape them by going up the tree as fast as you can.

Watch vids and learn the game mechanics while you're in the low tiers.

There is no escape from early destruction in the higher tiers for the uninitiated.

Do yourself a favour and stay in the lower tiers until you can survive and take out a few seal clubbers. 

Honestly if you can't do that then you are just going to be more frustrated and get sent packing even quicker in the higher tiers. 

Its more costly losing there too.

Do yourself a favour and stay in the shallow end until you learn to swim. 

There may be seal clubbers in the low tiers but there are sharks in the upper tiers.

The players you think are so tough in the lower tiers, the seal clubbers, they aren't playing those upper tiers because the players there aren't seals, they're experienced and will punish the clubber like the clubber punished the seal.

 

My last bit of advice, If the first Premium you buy is a tier VI or higher you're probably wasting your money.

If your first Premium is a T-VIII your really wasting your money (especially if you get frustrated, tilt, and leave the game) and your time as well as being a burden on your teams.

There's no point in rushing. Not in a match or up the tech tree.

Regardless of what you think you're reading here or elsewhere there is nothing you can buy and no secret pay to win strat that is going to make the uninitiated player better quicker, certainly not in the higher tiers.


Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Feb 05 2019 - 18:25.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users