Hardest Class to Play?

Hardest Class Heavy Medium Light Tank Destroyer Arty

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Hardest Class to Play? (190 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What is the hardest class to play?

1. Heavy (15 votes [7.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.21%

2. Medium (7 votes [3.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.37%

3. Light (135 votes [64.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.90%

4. Tank Destroyer (11 votes [5.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.29%

5. SPG (40 votes [19.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

Vote Hide poll

Medicguy2 #41 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 07:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21724 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

Arty's always had this stigma of "It's easy to play".
Yes, it is. As someone who has Tier 7 arty concurrently, they're easy to pick up, highlight a target, and "click" the poor soul out of existance. That's assuming you HIT them.

They're still an RNG-heavy class in a fair amount of cases (Nowhere near pre-9.18s levels of why?!), and "Oh hey, it's that pesky mathematician teaching us geometry!" It's a hard class to master, and that's what gets my vote.

HOWEVER, I'm also throwing in Light Tanks, as these poor little things had their jobs STOLEN by Mediums (Thank you, top clans :sceptic:) and as such, are harder to learn and certainly harder to just pick up and play. Either the Lights need a buff, or the mediums need a nerf. Both across the board.

Oh, and leave arty alone, they get enough flak as it is. :trollface:

Rocker_Box #42 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 08:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8286 battles

The hardest most memorable carry's I've ever had have been driving my SPG's.  

I try never to forget it's a "Self Propelled Gun", and ambushing red tanks when and where they least expect it is ever so much fun!

Drown myself... naw just wait a few more seconds for my reload, then send me another that wants to play tag...

Bless the SPG driver gets the "special" team that let them get more spotting assist then all of their light tanks combined, and more direct fire damage then 2/3 of the rest of their team!  At least when I got sent back to the garage I was laughing uncontrollably... who says grinding a SPG crew at tier 4 can't be fun ;)  

Zuikakoo #43 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 08:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21428 battles
SPGs are the hardest to play.   Its absolute misery, it takes alcohol and a good record and my Switch to play arty.   Its long slow agony.   Its one up from getting license plates from the BMV, and worse than holiday shopping. 

shaggy996 #44 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 10:16

Captain

• Players
  • 46906 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

36 votes SPG...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA breath.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

TankFullOfBourbon #45 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 12:17

Major

• Players
  • 29977 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Being a clicker is no doubt the hardest. Having to feel dirty and scummy all the time, not being able to tell friends and family what you're doing, always avoiding eye contact with real players, always feeling this tremendous shame in all that you do.

slayer6 #46 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 12:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14555 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
I voted Mediums - they are the tanks that win games, Tank Destroyers, Artillery, Light and Heavy Tanks all rely upon Medium Tanks holding the line against their opposite number, without them, games are far slower...  It is very rare that you see a fantastic Medium, but when you do, they are simply best suited to carrying games...

Vava_das_SPGs #47 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 12:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 25621 battles

View PostBillT, on Feb 04 2019 - 11:09, said:

That surprised me as well.  I'm a staunch arty apologist, but I voted for light tanks.  So I glanced at the profiles of everyone who chose SPGs as the hardest class. (16 votes at this time)

About a third of them (5 voters) are "arty mains", who've played the majority of their games in arty.  Four of those have played almost all their games in arty; the fifth has played a third of his games in SPGs and has thousands of games in every class, so "arty main" may be an unfair descriptor.  I wouldn't criticize you for dismissing these as biased/troll votes, although I suspect some of these folks honestly feel that arty is hard.

I do think arty is the hardest class to CONSISTENTLY help the team to win the game.
The long reload and aiming time sometimes deny any chance of helping the team (depending on the map).

I understand those people that claim and defend that arty is the easiest class to play. For me, I think that any class is "easy" to play. You just press WASD and the right mouse button (this is easy).
The thing is that (for me) arty is the hardest to help the team on getting the job one: kill all the enemy team or capturing the base on the determined amount of time.
All other classes have better mobility, better reload time, better armor, etcetera (compared to arty).

The other classes had to develop their techniques (sidescraping, reverse sidescraping, knowing the depression angles, knowing the reload times, knowing the weak spots, ...) and arty "only uses HE". Whatever place the HE hits, it (should) perform damage. No skill required (no angling, no anything). But to land a shell that EFFECTIVELY damage an enemy tank (close enough or a direct hit), you must need to be fully reloaded, fully aimed, the target must be spotted at that very instant and you have to be positioned on a site that allow you to hit "that" target, considering your range and your shell arc.

I'm not the best arty player (far from that), but I try hard to help my team.
Even with almost everyone trying to nerf the class that I like to play.

Edited by V_A_C_A, Feb 05 2019 - 12:32.

LEG3NDARY12 #48 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23119 battles
  • [RNG-] RNG-
If you really think artillery is hard to play... 

Son__Of__Anarchy #49 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View Postairsoft_man, on Feb 04 2019 - 05:47, said:

Arty is the hardest, You have to Move after every shot,(to not get countered) have an amazing position,(to have shots on tanks) and also hit them, (whats impossible to do unless you spam Gold) 

LOL.. this is just so wrong on every aspect..

i am not an arty player (800/23500 in arty) and i only play for missions, though i was able to complete 3 sets of arty missions WITH HONORS in 2 days.. 

the only mission that gave me hard time was the SPG-15 for operation T 55A.. took me alone about a week to complete.. with honors..

ps: in my M53/M55 changing guns according to mission's requirements and without spamming gold at all..

Son__Of__Anarchy #50 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View Postslayer6, on Feb 05 2019 - 12:27, said:

I voted Mediums - they are the tanks that win games, Tank Destroyers, Artillery, Light and Heavy Tanks all rely upon Medium Tanks holding the line against their opposite number, without them, games are far slower...  It is very rare that you see a fantastic Medium, but when you do, they are simply best suited to carrying games...

nope.. a "master" scout winning the games in most cases where there are scouts in the map..

especially on open, scout depended maps..

edit: mediums in fact is the easiest class to play.. every now and then you will see threads in the forums asking "how to do?" HT-15, LT-15 etc.. they asking for EVERY class but meds.. i NEVER saw a thread asking "how to do MT-15?"

Edited by Son__Of__Anarchy, Feb 07 2019 - 15:54.

LEG3NDARY12 #51 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23119 battles
  • [RNG-] RNG-

View Postairsoft_man, on Feb 03 2019 - 23:47, said:

Arty is the hardest, You have to Move after every shot,(to not get countered) have an amazing position,(to have shots on tanks) and also hit them, (whats impossible to do unless you spam Gold) 

Is this a troll post or?? 

"heavy tanks are the hardest to play because after I shoot I have to press a key to move slightly back (so I don't get penned) have a good position to pull out and shoot (so I can get shots), AND ALSO HIT THEM, (WHICH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PEN UNLESS I SPAM GOLD OR PLAY A SKILLESS TYPE 5)"

These are the players that defend artillery. PARTICIPATION TROPHY.

Hands down light tanks are the most difficult followed by MT then TD then heavies and arty is by far the easiest and skillless class to play in this game. The only tanks I rate less skilless than arty is the types.

"move after I shoot" 25-40 second reload you have nothing better to do so moving 10 feet to a different position is not skill. Artillery sits in the same positions on every map. It takes just learning the map and bam putting yourself in a "good position" is not skill when there are the same positions in the back of the map every time. 

"landing shots is tough" no its not you can miss and still do dmg, stun, and track. "arty misses a lot" that is strictly because of RNG. Aiming all the way in on a standing still tank and missing because of RNG does not make a class difficult to play. 

Understanding the flow of a battle and who to target is about the only skillful thing that artillery players have to do and this "skill" is far harder in every other class, like playing in a medium or light tank, understanding the flow of battle, when to spot/push/aggro, having to constantly change entire map positions to get shots while being shot is skill. 

Sitting in the back and shooting is not skill.

Edited by LEG3NDARY12, Feb 07 2019 - 16:02.

LEG3NDARY12 #52 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 16:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23119 battles
  • [RNG-] RNG-

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Feb 07 2019 - 09:49, said:

edit: mediums in fact is the easiest class to play.. every now and then you will see threads in the forums asking "how to do?" HT-15, LT-15 etc.. they asking for EVERY class but meds.. i NEVER saw a thread asking "how to do MT-15?"

That is not an adequate way to judge the difficulty of a class.

MT are the second hardest class to play, to actually carry games in. Any class can be easy to play if you are ok dealing 1k dmg a game. 

BillT #53 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27609 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostLEG3NDARY12, on Feb 07 2019 - 09:59, said:

These are the players that defend artillery. PARTICIPATION TROPHY.

You keep saying this.  Apparently trophies are important to you, and you can't conceive that many of us aren't playing the game to boost our egos by winning trophies.  We don't need to be praised for our gaming skills to feel like worthy human beings.

I play this game because it's fun, and I find arty to be fun.  If that's not enough for you and you need trophies to be satisfied, you have my pity.

SteelRonin #54 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23480 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

Hard class to play?

- Paper armor TDs

No turret, no place in meta, no maps to suit the playstyle, no armor, less carry potential. Only E-25 is the exception.

Tolos #55 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostLEG3NDARY12, on Feb 07 2019 - 15:10, said:

That is not an adequate way to judge the difficulty of a class.

MT are the second hardest class to play, to actually carry games in. Any class can be easy to play if you are ok dealing 1k dmg a game. 

Oh gimme a break, mediums are the easiest class to play by far.

I will change what I said before though, Arty isnt the hardest to play, but they are the hardest to carry in. 

QuicksilverJPR #56 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 27877 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostRatnikk, on Feb 04 2019 - 03:51, said:

Light is almost an obsolete class, meds have same mobility and view range with better guns and armor, the only good thing a scout has is the camo while moving. The new wheeled lights are just gonna make them more obsolete.

Other than everything you say being wrong...OK!

Kevlar1972 #57 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 22968 battles

View PostSteelRonin, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:14, said:

Hard class to play?

- Paper armor TDs

No turret, no place in meta, no maps to suit the playstyle, no armor, less carry potential. Only E-25 is the exception.

They're easy to play once you figure out the sweet spot between max view range and max draw distance.  You don't even need bushes!

Flarvin #58 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 54267 battles

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:17, said:

Arty isnt the hardest to play, but they are the hardest to carry in. 

This. 

I would say scouts are the hardest to play. And HTs are the easiest. 

FedericoWR #59 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 03:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17961 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
Arty of course, imagine using the keyboard and the mouse at the same time? wow! you don't know how difficult it is to just hurt only 2 crew members with a simple shot that fails 8 meters from the targets, it's frustrating sometimes

airsoft_man #60 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 18:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17598 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Feb 07 2019 - 15:41, said:

LOL.. this is just so wrong on every aspect..

i am not an arty player (800/23500 in arty) and i only play for missions, though i was able to complete 3 sets of arty missions WITH HONORS in 2 days.. 

the only mission that gave me hard time was the SPG-15 for operation T 55A.. took me alone about a week to complete.. with honors..

ps: in my M53/M55 changing guns according to mission's requirements and without spamming gold at all..

I was trolling.... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users