Clan wars general discussion reward tank talk

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

cloudwalkr #1 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55557 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and congratulate all the top clans.  There were a few surprises in the mix.  All in all, I personally had a lot of fun and a little frustration.  I did find interesting ways to keep busy during World of Lobbies - mainly playing Elder Scroll Legends card game.  

I do support the 2 week format instead of the 30 day format, what do you guys think?

Also, the obligatory thank you to CLAWS management for all the hard work and dedication to be there every night and the overall complete lack of drama.  I must say, guys, this was probably one of the least stressful campaigns I've been in and it was due in large part because nobody had to 'fight' to get games and we rotated out depending on who needed battles.  It was a pleasure being a part of the team.  Except for those riggers in Gryffindor.

minneerminneer #2 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32725 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
This campaign went alot smoother than my last as I was in nico this time around other than the last 2 days everyone seemed pretty chill even after losses.

__Worm__ #3 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 33520 battles
  • [PYRMD] PYRMD

Yes 2 week seemed a lot less stressful

Kudos to the teams that "paid" the price to be on top.

(the triggering intensifies, incoming pubie rage)

Trapster99 #4 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42244 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Lots of hard fought matches.  Lots of inventive ways to scout and reposition forces.

Two weeks: I had a blast!  Two weeks is the sweet spot.  The Campaign did not interfere with the Holiday Time with family and social obligations.  Tier 10 and none of the 6 and 8 nonsense, perfect.  January with the Polar Vortex outside and good tanking fun sitting warm and comfortable at my computer desk; what more could I ask for?

I'm a scrub from a Third Tier Clan (we came in 76th), but we all had fun and got to earn some meaningful prizes for our efforts.

It was a lot of fun.  Hats off to the Top Clans.

(Oh, and those personal Fame Boosters have effectively cut us scrubs out of the Prize Tank.  Ya know what?  Who the heck cares when you are in a clan filled with friends having a good time!)

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 25972 battles

2 weeks is perfect in my opinion. You can miss a few days and still get yourself a tank and some sweet rewards. 

Going to do my own thread when I get my 907.  Thought this event was awesome!

__WarChild__

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55557 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostTrapster99, on Feb 04 2019 - 22:25, said:

Lots of hard fought matches.  Lots of inventive ways to scout and reposition forces.

Two weeks: I had a blast!  Two weeks is the sweet spot.  The Campaign did not interfere with the Holiday Time with family and social obligations.  Tier 10 and none of the 6 and 8 nonsense, perfect.  January with the Polar Vortex outside and good tanking fun sitting warm and comfortable at my computer desk; what more could I ask for?

I'm a scrub from a Third Tier Clan (we came in 76th), but we all had fun and got to earn some meaningful prizes for our efforts.

(Oh, and those personal Fame Boosters have effectively cut us scrubs out of the Prize Tank.  Ya know what?  Who the heck cares when you are in a clan filled with friends having a good time!)

Dude, awesome attitude!  +1.  

Tolos #7 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTrapster99, on Feb 04 2019 - 21:25, said:

This is exactly how it should be. Fantastic attitude dude +1

RoyalGreenPC #8 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:50

Captain

• Players
  • 21443 battles
Event was great, but I would do away with the personal fame point boosters. Let people spend the fame points after campaign like now, but fame point boosters provided kinda unfair advantage to players who didn't need any IMO (including myself). All it did was to make things complicated and probably made some players not get the tank/rewards they were hoping to get.

DBear72 #9 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 22:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 24062 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I’m proud to say I was part of team Gryffindor!

cloudwalkr #10 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 23:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55557 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostRoyalGreenPC, on Feb 04 2019 - 22:50, said:

Event was great, but I would do away with the personal fame point boosters. Let people spend the fame points after campaign like now, but fame point boosters provided kinda unfair advantage to players who didn't need any IMO (including myself). All it did was to make things complicated and probably made some players not get the tank/rewards they were hoping to get.

I can 100% agree with that.  

View PostDBear72, on Feb 04 2019 - 22:51, said:

I’m proud to say I was part of team Gryffindor!

Get out you rigger!

_Tsavo_ #11 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 23:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44161 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE
Had some good fights with y'all.   Some defeats, some wins.   GG, ya  scrubs

Redwave11 #12 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 23:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18487 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostRoyalGreenPC, on Feb 05 2019 - 07:50, said:

How do the personal fame boosters provide an advantage to only a specific group of players? It wasnt that complicated to understand you just had to make sure that you would see a return on investment by the end of campaign by guessing how many base points you would earn.

JunkaTheAdmirable #13 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 23:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18349 battles
  • [IRIS] IRIS

I think the fame investments are akin to gambling because higher level investments require alot of games/wins in advanced and elite fronts, and the assumption you will be picked for those battles. Most people in Wonka didnt go past 4 or 5 on our end. We didnt have an official "A team" aside from a few light tank or arty mains. I presume 6+ investments did pay off for the highest tier players in the top 5-10 clans who were confident about the advanced and elite fronts.

I suppose it matters when competing for the G badge and stuff like that, but it seems like a needless complication that further stratisfies the CW experience, because it punishes high level players who dont join elite clans.

Edited by Imperator_Junka, Feb 04 2019 - 23:52.

RoyalGreenPC #14 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 00:18

Captain

• Players
  • 21443 battles

View PostRedwave11, on Feb 04 2019 - 18:35, said:

How do the personal fame boosters provide an advantage to only a specific group of players? It wasnt that complicated to understand you just had to make sure that you would see a return on investment by the end of campaign by guessing how many base points you would earn.

First, the more you earned, the higher level booster you could get, and the difference between points with someone who didn't would be bigger. Therefore you could redeem more rewards with the extra points after campaign.

Secondly and most importantly, it is easy for me to guess that I can get a lot of fame points being in YOUJO, probably same for you as well. If we played, we would get enough points to justify level 6/7 boosters. But players not in top 8-10 clans have to compete for place within their clan mates, they could play all 14 days and still not get the tank.

For you/me, the guessing game was easy. We invested in boosters knowing that we can/will easily win enough games to see a return on investment. And our clans can give us games if needed since pretty much everyone is guaranteed a tank, so no competition for place in teams. But other players didn't know how much they will get picked or how many games their clan might win. Their guessing game became gambling based on luck rather than simple math.

RoyalGreenPC #15 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 00:27

Captain

• Players
  • 21443 battles

View PostRedwave11, on Feb 04 2019 - 18:35, said:

View PostImperator_Junka, on Feb 04 2019 - 18:49, said:

I think the fame investments are akin to gambling because higher level investments require alot of games/wins in advanced and elite fronts, and the assumption you will be picked for those battles. Most people in Wonka didnt go past 4 or 5 on our end. We didnt have an official "A team" aside from a few light tank or arty mains. I presume 6+ investments did pay off for the highest tier players in the top 5-10 clans who were confident about the advanced and elite fronts.

I suppose it matters when competing for the G badge and stuff like that, but it seems like a needless complication that further stratisfies the CW experience, because it punishes high level players who dont join elite clans.

Perfect example for what I was talking about in the previous post. Being in top clan we take things for granted that some others would be lucky to have even after working for it.

@Junka it has no effect when competing for G badge either, since only [BULBA] will get it.

I would instead lower the FP prices of rewards to be redeemed after campaign and get rid of personal fame point boosters to make things less complicated.

VapedGaming #16 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 32490 battles

It was fun. Wish I could of put more time in. managed to place 1434 with 24080 fame points. sometimes real life gets in the way.

Congrats to all that participated. 

Hope everyone get's some kind of reward for all the hard work they put in.

Thanks for the uplifting post. Post like these are rare.

NiteFyre #17 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 00:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15912 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
i made it close to the tank 2769 played around 110 battles i think. but didn't get on the advanced map making it hard to win the tank :(. But great job to the upper clans  you guys did great :)

BigDollarBillz #18 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 01:06

Major

• Players
  • 37799 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
I only got to play a few games do to a blood clot in each leg. But I knew from the start I wouldn't finish in the top 2700 anyways. Still undecided if I want to bid in the auction or not. I kind of feel like wg is saying here is a chance at a participation trophy if you are one of the highest 250 bidders. Then on then on the other hand what else would I do with a little over 11k bonds.

cloudwalkr #19 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 02:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55557 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostNiteFyre, on Feb 05 2019 - 00:56, said:

i made it close to the tank 2769 played around 110 battles i think. but didn't get on the advanced map making it hard to win the tank :(. But great job to the upper clans  you guys did great :)

I know we had some great battles with you guys.  Always competitive and hard fought.  Good luck to you next go around bud.  I genuinely hope you get there.

Edit:  Billz, hope you're feeling better man. Dont look at is as a participation trophy.  You had to do well enough to earn your chance at the auction table, so keep that in mind.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Feb 05 2019 - 02:47.

Armadaus_Baldwin #20 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 03:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35035 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postcloudwalkr, on Feb 04 2019 - 22:04, said:

I can 100% agree with that.  

Get out you rigger!

Don't be so angry your house sucks... Gryffindor forever, we're partnered with Wakanda after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users