arty

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

munnkey3 #1 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
So yeah... I'm mad. Got focused by 3 arty on karelia in my pershing and only lasted a couple minutes. Someone convince me this is okay. It just doesn't seem right that I got nuked by three arty (while trying to use a rock as cover) and couldn't do anything about it. How is it okay that I three players can shoot me and I couldn't shoot back nor do anything about it? No troll comments..convince me this is an okay game mechanic.:arta:

Edited by munnkey3, Feb 05 2019 - 05:07.

Everlasting_Chungus #2 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:10

Major

• Players
  • 33322 battles
  • [KANT0] KANT0
Arty isn't an ok mechanic, but it won't go away so we have to deal with it. Also, consider this to be your first taste of what unicum players have to deal with all the time. Cancer loves to chase after any remotely good player on the enemy team if they have xvm or know the clan. 

WhineMaker #3 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:25

Major

• Players
  • 37734 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

No need to convince you, it will be impossible... 

Suggestions:

1) Stop sitting in the open

2) Move after the first round hits you, or wait for the big, bad arties to reload for 30-45 seconds each, rage quit and then come to the forums looking for sympathy

3) Purchase a large tube of Preparation H to ease the immense amount of butthurt you are experiencing

4) Go play WoT Blitz, arty free, all the time

YouPutTheMoronInOxymoron #4 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 11334 battles
  • [FORTH] FORTH
no

SnakePliskan #5 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 05 2019 - 05:25, said:

No need to convince you, it will be impossible... 

Suggestions:

1) Stop sitting in the open

2) Move after the first round hits you, or wait for the big, bad arties to reload for 30-45 seconds each, rage quit and then come to the forums looking for sympathy

3) Purchase a large tube of Preparation H to ease the immense amount of butthurt you are experiencing

Agreed.

OP post a replay so the "experts" on here can tell you what you did wrong because the arty sure as hell were not XVM targeting you.

Ratnikk #6 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12951 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
Keep moving and seek proper cover. If you were shot by all the enemy arties its probably because you were too exposed or you were the first to get spotted.

TDRHooRaH #7 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:42

Major

• Players
  • 23966 battles

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 04 2019 - 23:07, said:

So yeah... I'm mad. Got focused by 3 arty on karelia in my pershing and only lasted a couple minutes. Someone convince me this is okay. It just doesn't seem right that I got nuked by three arty (while trying to use a rock as cover) and couldn't do anything about it. How is it okay that I three players can shoot me and I couldn't shoot back nor do anything about it? No troll comments..convince me this is an okay game mechanic.:arta:

Durpahurr ahyuck.

Did that convince you?

It's not impossible to stay somewhat arty safe. (You knew three arty were in battle)

Arty tends to focus the better players. Must have made an exception. ;) j/k

They'll always focus the spotted ones in the open.

Just a bad a play.

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Feb 05 2019 - 05:56.

gpc_4 #8 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 43034 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Stop camping.

StoveBolt54 #9 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29919 battles
Find better hard cover.

zoomer96 #10 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35115 battles

Kill the tank that spotted you and move to another location rapidly.

munnkey3 #11 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

Let me clarify. I was in the top right corner of the map with tanks in front of me so I couldn't move forward, and tanks ready to shoot me from the hill if I moved backwards. Couldn't move and the hard cover couldn't prevent splash damage. Arty basically farmed free damage from the back of the map.

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 04 2019 - 23:25, said:

^and that suggestion never works. Blitz is nowhere near as good as PC.

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45487 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

There is no hiding from arty.  You can try to mitigate it with cover, unpredictable movement, sudden stops, reverses, etc.  However, you will still be hit by it and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it.  I am generally loathe to the class, or at least the function of it, as you're not able to be offensive to it, only defensive.  I don't like being defensive.  

There are some really awesome arty players, ElPuffMo being one of them.  She rains murder down on us with a ravenous fury.  Dunno how she does it.  Though I'd wager she's whacking key locations and removing guns from the fight and not chasing clan tags or whatever like a fair many arty players do.

In the end, you can only really try to be hard to hit.  You'll still get hit and that'll never change.  Just be sure to murder any box that pops up in your render range.  Enact your vengeance!

Rocker_Box #13 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 05:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8286 battles
I'd be a little PO'ed if all three of the arty units on my team focused on a single enemy tank, and at the end of two plus minutes he STILL wasn't dead!

WIZD #14 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12043 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
I play arty quite a bit. I will say 3 per side is too many. 2 is fine. As for your complaint sure you back up the enemy will shoot you but is it better to get shot by them and maybe get out of the situation or sit there and die? I will tell you if all 3 could hit you it was a bad spot. Arty need direct fire. Even a little hill or ravine can spoil a shot. I played a game yesterday in my Skorp I was getting hit by invisible players so I decided to move had had 1375 eat up 735 hp. He shot me 5 times and what seemed like 5 secs later shot me 2 more times. Sat way at the back until I could help out better. One could argue all kinds of tanks or mechanics in specific tanks are bad for the game. You just have to deal with it and hope the next game goes better. Better luck next game.

Ratnikk #15 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12951 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 04 2019 - 23:53, said:

Let me clarify. I was in the top right corner of the map with tanks in front of me so I couldn't move forward, and tanks ready to shoot me from the hill if I moved backwards. Couldn't move and the hard cover couldn't prevent splash damage. Arty basically farmed free damage from the back of the map.

^and that suggestion never works. Blitz is nowhere near as good as PC.

Seems like you were dead either way i dont see why youre complaining. Next time just yolo in front if you dont want to die by spgs.

death_stryker #16 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

There are lots of things one can do to avoid arty, but most of them are rather difficult. There is one thing, however, which is not.

You know when that one (usually green+) player beside you who keeps rocking their tank back and forth, all the time? It doesn't matter if they're unspotted, it doesn't matter if they're behind a building, it's annoying as hell, but they still do it? 

Part of the reason why they do that is to make them a tougher target for arty. I can personally attest that, once you get the hang of it, all that rocking actually doesn't affect your play much at all. Of course, it affects tanks with good gun handling the least, but I personally (and I believe this to hold true for many good players) do it in just about every tank, because it makes such a big difference. Most arty players, upon seeing you rocking back and forth, will switch to a more predictable target, should there be one.

I_QQ_4_U #17 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 22207 battles

View Postdeath_stryker, on Feb 05 2019 - 06:22, said:

You know when that one (usually green+) player beside you who keeps rocking their tank back and forth, all the time? It doesn't matter if they're unspotted, it doesn't matter if they're behind a building, it's annoying as hell, but they still do it? 

Part of the reason why they do that is to make them a tougher target for arty.

I always chuckle when I see that when playing an SPG because it makes virtually no difference at all since I can either hit them or can't hit them, rocking back and forth a little bit isn't going to change that.

I_QQ_4_U #18 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 22207 battles

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 05 2019 - 05:07, said:

When I started playing SPG's where in the game and I accepted that as part of the game and deal with it just like every single game I've ever played. If they truly were anywhere near as bad as all the whiners make them out to be I likely would have quit, just like they should.

Jryder #19 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

I am confused.

Arty is 'necessary' to keep players from camping and make the game movement oriented, yet when the OP was hit by arty it caused him to seek cover-the opposite of arty's stated reason for existing...

Baffling...

On a more serious note, as others have noted, there is no cure for arty at this time. I learned that the best way to deal with it is to:

A) Try not to stagnate too much. They love sitting targets (your stated situation is irrelevant. You can't sit still for too long-period). Yes, they will hit you on the move anyway, but moving helps (sometimes...). And...

B) Just try not to think about or worry about them too much. It sucks when you get constipated but getting mad at your a$$ doesn't change anything does it? Just ignore it as best you can and move on once they get you. It is pointless to let them get to you.

I_QQ_4_U #20 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 22207 battles

View PostJryder, on Feb 05 2019 - 06:45, said:

I am confused.

Arty is 'necessary' to keep players from camping and make the game movement oriented, yet when the OP was hit by arty it caused him to seek cover-the opposite of arty's stated reason for existing...

Baffling...

Might want to read that again.

Also tagged with arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users