• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

LEG3NDARY12 #41 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 14:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23119 battles
  • [RNG-] RNG-

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 04 2019 - 23:07, said:

So yeah... I'm mad. Got focused by 3 arty on karelia in my pershing and only lasted a couple minutes. Someone convince me this is okay. It just doesn't seem right that I got nuked by three arty (while trying to use a rock as cover) and couldn't do anything about it. How is it okay that I three players can shoot me and I couldn't shoot back nor do anything about it? No troll comments..convince me this is an okay game mechanic.:arta:

its not an ok game mechanic. It is completely BS.

MeMeBigBoi #42 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 14:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35762 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 04 2019 - 22:07, said:

So yeah... I'm mad. Got focused by 3 arty on karelia in my pershing and only lasted a couple minutes. Someone convince me this is okay. It just doesn't seem right that I got nuked by three arty (while trying to use a rock as cover) and couldn't do anything about it. How is it okay that I three players can shoot me and I couldn't shoot back nor do anything about it? No troll comments..convince me this is an okay game mechanic.:arta:

ohh I never thought the day would come,

even standard players and now understanding ho toxic arty is!!

how long did it take 6 years or so

LEG3NDARY12 #43 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 14:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23119 battles
  • [RNG-] RNG-

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 04 2019 - 23:25, said:

No need to convince you, it will be impossible... 

Suggestions:

1) Stop sitting in the open

2) Move after the first round hits you, or wait for the big, bad arties to reload for 30-45 seconds each, rage quit and then come to the forums looking for sympathy

3) Purchase a large tube of Preparation H to ease the immense amount of butthurt you are experiencing

4) Go play WoT Blitz, arty free, all the time

1. a lot of maps have open lanes to attack and push so should I camp all match behind a building and not help my team?

2. move? I was moving but I was instantly tracked by a round that wasn't even close to actually hitting my tank.

3. Not even the largest tube can ease the pain of not being able to fight back

4. no one wants to play blitz, stop using that as an excuse to defend arty. When all you people want to go play blitz then I will join you. 

Knagar #44 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 14:22

Captain

• Players
  • 22183 battles
The main point to take away is arty is here to stay, no amount of convincing you will change that.

With that said, arty is love/hate.
Getting nuked by arty.. hate..

Having arty nuke something you've spotted.. love..

On maps with cover, it really promotes camping, especially for larger and slower tanks.

On open maps, it halts camping as you have no cover. You sit still too long, you're dead.

I personally think the top down view is a bit silly and a broken mechanic, but it is what it is.

The best way to address the problem is to buy the Lefhefef and have fun. If you can't have fun in that, you cant have fun in anything.

LEG3NDARY12 #45 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 14:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23119 battles
  • [RNG-] RNG-

Why do people still feel arty ever stops camping? sure in clan wars, but in pub matches the only way to stay "safe" is to hide all game. playing malinovka with 3 artillery is the definition of cancer. 

I want artillery removed, but I know this will not happen. At this point I just want them to limit it to 1 per side and remove the stun.

earthman34 #46 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 49490 battles

View PostLEG3NDARY12, on Feb 06 2019 - 07:27, said:

Why do people still feel arty ever stops camping? sure in clan wars, but in pub matches the only way to stay "safe" is to hide all game. playing malinovka with 3 artillery is the definition of cancer. 

I want artillery removed, but I know this will not happen. At this point I just want them to limit it to 1 per side and remove the stun.

As an artillery player, I'd by glad to trade the stun for the old damage model, any day...and give us back our AP. Playing the M44, I average 4-5 seconds of stun. If I hit tanks like the O-Ni or Tiger P frontally there is a good chance I do zero damage. This guy is whining about being focused on Karelia, a map where 40% of the terrain is artillery-proof, and where there are plenty of rocks that offer very good cover at all points of the map. By contrast, playing as artillery on Karelia kind of sucks, there are only a few viable points to shoot from, and only a few narrow lanes where you're likely to get shots at multiple targets that are fairly stationary. Karelia is one of those maps where spotting is crucial, but very often you end up with teams which have no good spotter. A team with some good spotters and aggressive mediums can mop up Karelia pretty easily.

Captram77 #47 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 14:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11092 battles

I feel for the OP, because I was spotted so i moved behind a building structure and put myself right up against the wall and still got splashed to death by 3 artys.  less then a minute into the game.......so all artys were all the way on other side of map no way they had an angle on me. Tanks could not see me to shoot me but artys still killed me.

Sucks. But sometimes your dealt a raw hand. 

earthman34 #48 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 49490 battles

View PostCaptram77, on Feb 06 2019 - 07:47, said:

I feel for the OP, because I was spotted so i moved behind a building structure and put myself right up against the wall and still got splashed to death by 3 artys.  less then a minute into the game.......so all artys were all the way on other side of map no way they had an angle on me. Tanks could not see me to shoot me but artys still killed me.

Sucks. But sometimes your dealt a raw hand. 

Shells in this game do not travel in a straight line, for any vehicle. From "all the way on the other side of the map", as you put it, assuming you're within range, most artillery are basically arcing shells almost straight down at you. Hiding behind a rock or building is not going to work that well, unless you're behind a tall building or a large hill or mountain. It varies by vehicle, they are not all the same. Artillery with slow shells that have high arcs like the 207 or Lef can hit you in spots you might think impossible.

WhineMaker #49 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 37676 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostLEG3NDARY12, on Feb 06 2019 - 05:20, said:

1. a lot of maps have open lanes to attack and push so should I camp all match behind a building and not help my team?

2. move? I was moving but I was instantly tracked by a round that wasn't even close to actually hitting my tank.

3. Not even the largest tube can ease the pain of not being able to fight back

4. no one wants to play blitz, stop using that as an excuse to defend arty. When all you people want to go play blitz then I will join you. 

View PostLEG3NDARY12, on Feb 06 2019 - 05:27, said:

Wot Blitz isn't an excuse to defend arty. It's a simple and viable solution for those of you unable to handle the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :child:

Since arty is such a difficult mechanic for you to understand, the obvious solution is for you to go play WoT Blitz, arty free 100% of the time... :arta:

munnkey3 #50 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 06 2019 - 13:30, said:

Wot Blitz isn't an excuse to defend arty. It's a simple and viable solution for those of you unable to handle the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :child:

Since arty is such a difficult mechanic for you to understand, the obvious solution is for you to go play WoT Blitz, arty free 100% of the time... :arta:

Just another troll

WIZD #51 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12005 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 06 2019 - 19:53, said:

Just another troll

Or are you the Troll?

eisen1973 #52 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 63446 battles
  • [GRIMR] GRIMR

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 04 2019 - 23:07, said:

Karelia has lots of cover. If they focused in your tank it's because you did not play it well. Besides, if arty is such a problem, why did you last 2 mins under direct fire of 3 of them? How much damage did they did per round, 300?

Edited by eisen1973, Feb 07 2019 - 19:48.

Zeds_Tank #53 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21827 battles
For every time I have been focused by three arty, there are at least ten times I have been focused by three unspotted TDs. 

The difference? There's no time to hide or even drive erratically with the TDs.

the_Deadly_Bulb #54 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 27000 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Posteisen1973, on Feb 07 2019 - 10:05, said:

Karelia has lots of cover. If they focused in your tank it's because you did not play it well. Besides, if arty is such a problem, why did you last 2 mins under direct fire of 3 of them? How many damage did they did per round, 300?

Exactly.

OP states he was hit repeatedly for 3 minutes by arty.

So what, he'd have lasted 3 seconds if it was 3 of any other class hitting him.

"Whaaaaa, ARTY'S NOT FAIR."

No OP, arty is not fair (neither is life, in spite of what you may have misunderstood)

Arty has no VR by comparison to all other classes.

Arty has little armour.

Arty is usually snail slow.

Arty doesn't maneuver well.

Arty has a glacial reload time and very slow aim time.

Arty has stun, but in most cases low damage.

You're right, it is unfair...

... to arty.

ElPuffMo #55 Posted Feb 22 2019 - 19:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33353 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 04 2019 - 23:53, said:

There are some really awesome arty players, ElPuffMo being one of them.  She rains murder down on us with a ravenous fury.  Dunno how she does it.  Though I'd wager she's whacking key locations and removing guns from the fight and not chasing clan tags or whatever like a fair many arty players do.

In the end, you can only really try to be hard to hit.  You'll still get hit and that'll never change.  Just be sure to murder any box that pops up in your render range.  Enact your vengeance!

Darn it, Tsavo. Now I'm going to have to really up my game if you are going to be doling out such sweet compliments! I have been observing new metas on various maps (I still have never seen the beach work on Overlord, but keep sadly watching my allies try), and I have been trying some different tactics lately. And... well... uh... those new strategies I have tried as of late do not seem to be working so well for me and my teams, as the drop in my stats demonstrates. Guess I'd better go back to the old standbys (or figure out newer, better ones) so that I can continue to live up to your high expectations!

I do like your advice of enacting your vengeance on arties. One of the benefits of arty in the game is that it seems to be more satisfying for players to kill the enemy arty than other enemy tanks, thus driving players with extra incentive and rewarding them with greater satisfaction once that enemy arty is dead. In this convoluted way, arty is essential to the game's longevity. Arties just don't hurt the way they used to, but they do continue to add significant dimension to battles.    

Rimrender #56 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 02:55

Captain

• Players
  • 8014 battles
  • [SCARY] SCARY
Indirect fire is just a fact of life.

Not_Connery #57 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 03:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7568 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 05 2019 - 20:07, said:

OP, I think you are playing the wrong game. No convincing necessary.

So you don’t like red tanks shooting at you, then try something like racing, where the other team does not shoot at you. 

You've never played Mario Kart, have you? 

The blue shells, man...

The blue shells... 

3bagsfull #58 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 03:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Posteisen1973, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:05, said:

Karelia has lots of cover. If they focused in your tank it's because you did not play it well. Besides, if arty is such a problem, why did you last 2 mins under direct fire of 3 of them? How much damage did they did per round, 300?

If you got 3 arty focused on you - you are perma-stunned.    Sad that you have to wait 2 minutes for them to finish the job but it is what it is.     With flight times so short the only thing you have is the reload time to work with - and with 3 arty you don't stand a chance.     It's why people if they have to live with arty want it reduced to how many can be in the game in the first place.    When they can put rounds through windows and have near 90 degree impact angles there is no safe place.   

HeraldricKnight #59 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 04:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6615 battles
Arty isn't that bad. A tad on the low risk/high reward side of things, but some people like that. I'd rather have arty than the current deluge of gold rounds making armor angling obsolete. 

CheapWine #60 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 06:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15908 battles
Every defense of arty seems to include telling the person who dislikes arty to not camp.  This is a joke.  I find that arty has no problem hitting me on the move.  Most often in slower heavies but I have been hit a number of times going 50+ KPH.  Playing dodge arty pure and simple makes the game less fun to play.  We are not supposed to complain about it because the rocket scientists at WG have given every indication that they don't give a rats [edited]if their customers like it or not.  And they wonder why the player base is shrinking

Also tagged with arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users