Jump to content


Trading in HTC T28 for Panther/M10 or F201 A45?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

jamieliu #1 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 01:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

I am looking at trading in my HTC T28 for it's super sluggish and gets *** from behind most of the time, it's frustrating.

I am looking at Panther/M10 or F201 A45. What worries me is that Panther/M10 has a tier 6 gun with a max pen of 150 without APCR... which one would you recommend?

 

Thanks

 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit


Edited by Volier_Zcit, Feb 06 2019 - 07:01.


KatzeWolf #2 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 01:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30 battles
  • 731
  • Member since:
    09-10-2012
The HTC T28 is a campaign mission reward vehicle, I doubt WG will let you trade it.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 01:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23029 battles
  • 1,830
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

M10 is actually a lot of fun, especially considering it has pref MM.

 

The A45 is a hunk of trash, which explains why they just handed it out for free to everyone a few years back...

 

Or you could just get a real premium tank like the Lowe. 



jamieliu #4 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 01:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Feb 06 2019 - 00:30, said:

M10 is actually a lot of fun, especially considering it has pref MM.

 

The A45 is a hunk of trash, which explains why they just handed it out for free to everyone a few years back...

 

Or you could just get a real premium tank like the Lowe. 

 

A45 is still trash? It's pen is 170mm

cKy_ #5 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 01:45

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 1735 battles
  • 1,400
  • [KITTI] KITTI
  • Member since:
    09-29-2018
I thought you played for free? Trading in a tank only gives you a discount.

jamieliu #6 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 01:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

View PostcKy_, on Feb 06 2019 - 00:45, said:

I thought you played for free? Trading in a tank only gives you a discount.

 

i earned my gold from tournament.

dnaman #7 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 02:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31109 battles
  • 1,695
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013
I wouldn’t recommend either of those.  The Lowe is a solid tank however.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #8 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 02:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33168 battles
  • 1,056
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostKatzeWolf, on Feb 05 2019 - 19:30, said:

The HTC T28 is a campaign mission reward vehicle, I doubt WG will let you trade it.

 

3500 trade in value

NeroGermanicus #9 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 03:00

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 48558 battles
  • 1,552
  • [HAX] HAX
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014
Second for the Lowe. I just got one in trade and so far it's not bad. But hide that hull it don't bounce much. I actually traded in the FV 201 A45 and as another has said it is a steaming pile of poopie!

jamieliu #10 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 03:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

View PostNeroGermanicus, on Feb 06 2019 - 02:00, said:

Second for the Lowe. I just got one in trade and so far it's not bad. But hide that hull it don't bounce much. I actually traded in the FV 201 A45 and as another has said it is a steaming pile of poopie!

 

Wow? F201a45 is worse than T28 HTC?

cKy_ #11 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 03:08

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 1735 battles
  • 1,400
  • [KITTI] KITTI
  • Member since:
    09-29-2018

View Postjamieliu, on Feb 06 2019 - 14:02, said:

 

Wow? F201a45 is worse than T28 HTC?

 

The FV a45 is pretty terrible. The Panther M/10 is a somewhat competitive medium tank that has preferential matchmaking, meaning you'll never get screwed over by tier 9s. It is definitely the better choice of the two.

jamieliu #12 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 03:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

View PostcKy_, on Feb 06 2019 - 02:08, said:

 

The FV a45 is pretty terrible. The Panther M/10 is a somewhat competitive medium tank that has preferential matchmaking, meaning you'll never get screwed over by tier 9s. It is definitely the better choice of the two.

 

The replays on youtube show otherwise, it seems like a machine gun in tier 7 or below matches.

_Tsavo_ #13 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 03:17

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44232 battles
  • 18,477
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View Postjamieliu, on Feb 05 2019 - 21:12, said:

 

The replays on youtube show otherwise, it seems like a machine gun in tier 7 or below matches.

 

The Panther/M10 doesn't see tier 9s unless fail-platooned with a regular tier 7.  It's got a huge slag of HP and a rapid fire fun.  Decently mobile, but you'll struggle to circle strafe your enemies.



jamieliu #14 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 03:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 06 2019 - 02:17, said:

 

The Panther/M10 doesn't see tier 9s unless fail-platooned with a regular tier 7.  It's got a huge slag of HP and a rapid fire fun.  Decently mobile, but you'll struggle to circle strafe your enemies.

 

You won't recommend F201a45? Would you keep HTC T28?

KatzeWolf #15 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 03:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30 battles
  • 731
  • Member since:
    09-10-2012

View PostCpt_Zapp_Brannigan, on Feb 06 2019 - 11:19, said:

 

3500 trade in value

 

I stand corrected.

_Tsavo_ #16 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:02

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44232 battles
  • 18,477
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View Postjamieliu, on Feb 05 2019 - 21:27, said:

 

You won't recommend F201a45? Would you keep HTC T28?

 

I have an FV201 but have yet to take it for a spin.  It has great pen but the mobility and armor are kinda butts.  I had a boat load of Christmas box gold so I just bought a ton of the tech tree premiums with it

 

I do like the T28C, if you can fine a good spot to work it so mine's a keeper.



jamieliu #17 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 06 2019 - 03:02, said:

 

I have an FV201 but have yet to take it for a spin.  It has great pen but the mobility and armor are kinda butts.  I had a boat load of Christmas box gold so I just bought a ton of the tech tree premiums with it

 

I do like the T28C, if you can fine a good spot to work it so mine's a keeper.

 

how much did you spend on wot during christmas?

cavalry11 #18 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:50

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47044 battles
  • 166
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

I like my HTC.

 



_Tsavo_ #19 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:50

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44232 battles
  • 18,477
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View Postjamieliu, on Feb 05 2019 - 22:21, said:

 

how much did you spend on wot during christmas?

 

$200

jamieliu #20 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:04

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45562 battles
  • 876
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 06 2019 - 03:50, said:

 

$200

 

how much gold did you get?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users