Trading in HTC T28 for Panther/M10 or F201 A45?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

PotatoLegend99 #21 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35389 battles

It saddens me a bit that you want to trade in the T28 HTC after putting in the effort to earn it since there's no way to get it back once it disappears from the garage, but it's your tank to use as you wish.

I would choose the tank based upon which nation's medium's crews you want to train. Panther/M10 for German mediums. FV201 (A45) for British mediums.

If crew training doesn't matter, then the Panther M/10 wins hands down in a paper comparison match-up. It only suffers 200 less HP, 15m less view range, less turret armor, 2 fewer degrees of gun depression, 21 less penetration, and 15 less damage per shot or 71 less damage per minute which are only deal breakers for campers or yolo brawlers. It boasts a moderately higher engine power, faster forward and reverse speeds by 24km/h and 4 km/h, faster traverse speed by 10 deg/s, faster turret traverse, faster reload speed by 0.3s or 2 shells per minute, better accuracy of 0.31m vs 0.37m, and a slightly higher camo rating. All of these values are with a 100% crew in each tank before applying crew skills, equipment and consumables.

The Panther/M10 also has preferential MM meaning it never sees tanks above t8 and makes more credits per game. The 150mm of standard pen will smoothly frontally penetrate all lower tier tanks, a majority of the same tier tanks, and most of the tier 8 tanks. Whatever you can't pen frontally most others will also struggle with as well, but not to fear because you are a medium tank and mediums flank and spank. The FV201 (A45) is subject to regular MM and like any other normal tech tree tier 7 tank will frequently encounter many tier 8 and tier 9 tanks many of whom will declare their dominance as the inaccurate 0.37m, 171mm of standard pen will ricochet off many frontal hulls and turrets.

There also hidden characteristics to consider. I have never played the Panther/M10 and thus am neither aware or knowledgeable in regards to how often and easily crew members and tank modules - tracks, engine, ammo rack, turret, etc,- are injured, damaged, and destroyed. The FV201 (A45) is a different story. The ammo rack is directly behind the front hull and tracks and frequently gets damaged multiple times per game which has earned the tank the nickname "Rolling Ammo Rack". Also expect to heal the loader at least once every other game. 

To conclude, on paper the Panther M/10 has pref MM/ better credits per game, better mobility, and a higher and more accurate rate of fire while "suffering" by tolerably less view range, HP, and alpha damage. Buyer beware, both tanks require a high level of skill to enjoy and succeed in.

Edited by PotatoLegend99, Feb 06 2019 - 05:24.

jamieliu #22 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46794 battles

View PostPotatoLegend99, on Feb 06 2019 - 04:17, said:

It saddens me a bit that you want to trade in the T28 HTC after putting in the effort to earn it since there's no way to get it back once it disappears from the garage, but it's your tank to use as you wish.

I would choose the tank based upon which nation's medium's crews you want to train. Panther/M10 for German mediums. FV201 (A45) for British mediums.

If crew training doesn't matter, then the Panther M/10 wins hands down in a paper comparison match-up. It only suffers 200 less HP, 15m less view range, less turret armor, 2 fewer degrees of gun depression, 21 less penetration, and 15 less damage per shot or 71 less damage per minute which are only deal breakers for campers or yolo brawlers. It boasts a moderately higher engine power, faster forward and reverse speeds by 24km/h and 4 km/h, faster traverse speed by 10 deg/s, faster turret traverse, faster reload speed by 0.3s or 2 shells per minute, better accuracy of 0.31m vs 0.37m, and a slightly higher camo rating. All of these values are with a 100% crew in each tank before applying crew skills, equipment and consumables.

The Panther/M10 also has preferential MM meaning it never sees tanks above t8 and makes more credits per game. The 150mm of standard pen will smoothly frontally penetrate all lower tier tanks, a majority of the same tier tanks, and most of the tier 8 tanks. Whatever you can't pen frontally most others will also struggle with as well, but not to fear because you are a medium tank and mediums flank and spank. The FV201 (A45) is subject to regular MM and like any other normal tech tree tier 7 tank will frequently encounter many tier 8 and tier 9 tanks many of whom will declare their dominance as the inaccurate 0.37m, 171mm of standard pen will ricochet off many frontal hulls and turrets.

There also hidden characteristics to consider. I have never played the Panther/M10 and thus am neither aware or knowledgeable in regards to how often and easily crew members and tank modules - tracks, engine, ammo rack, turret, etc,- are injured, damaged, and destroyed. The FV201 (A45) is a different story. The ammo rack is directly behind the front hull and tracks and frequently gets damaged multiple times per game which has earned the tank the nickname "Rolling Ammo Rack". Also expect to heal the loader at least once every other game. 

To conclude, on paper the Panther M/10 has pref MM/ better credits per game, better mobility, and a higher and more accurate rate of fire while "suffering" by tolerably less view range, HP, and alpha damage. Buyer beware, both tanks require a high level of skill to enjoy and succeed in.

Thanks for the insight. The HTC is like a Tog 2 which gets swamped by light tanks and teased to death by their mobility and quick firing rates. Also it's gun can't pen high tier 8 or 9. I know i should hide in a corner and stick out my barrel and shoot and hide my side boobs...but it's just...i don't know...not quite connecting...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users