Jump to content


What time will be able to play updated version without xvm mods.


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

24cups #21 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 16:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 24364 battles
  • 4,058
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 06 2019 - 00:28, said:

 

Well, why not now..?

I want that option to exist in WOT. So, when.. exactly, will they be adding this stat blocking option..? I would like to see it in World of Tanks right now, just like it is in World of Warships. I think it's only fair. Otherwise, the only thing I see here is a double standard.

 

 

Premium account holders having the option versus f2p not having would be a double standard. 

A completely different game having it is not. 



GS_G3K #22 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 17:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 23390 battles
  • 2,817
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

View Post24cups, on Feb 06 2019 - 09:56, said:

Premium account holders having the option versus f2p not having would be a double standard. 

A completely different game having it is not. 

 

To be honest if stat blocking was a premium time feature I would actually keep prem 24/7.

 

Thankfully most of the people I platoon with are brighter colors than me so i don't have to worry about getting focused hahaha.



GeoMonster #23 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 17:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 35317 battles
  • 1,209
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View Post13Jake55, on Feb 05 2019 - 18:45, said:

Reason I am asking is I want to be able to get in some games without xvm being used. I run vanilla so maybe it will easier for a few hours, at least play without any cheat mods for awhile maybe. 

 

Never.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #24 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 05:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post24cups, on Feb 06 2019 - 10:56, said:

Premium account holders having the option versus f2p not having would be a double standard. 

A completely different game having it is not. 

 

^..I respectfully disagree.

 

*Both games are owned by the same company {Wargaming.net}, therefore, BOTH games should be subject to the same Account Management Advantages/Options.

 

View PostGS_G3K, on Feb 06 2019 - 11:00, said:

 

To be honest if stat blocking was a premium time feature I would actually keep prem 24/7.

 

Thankfully most of the people I platoon with are brighter colors than me so i don't have to worry about getting focused hahaha.

 

Dude, we shouldn't even have to do that.

 

*This stat-blocking feature should be available to us right here in World of Tanks for FREE, just like it is in World of Warships. Available to ALL, by default. No one should even have to go into their Account Management settings to manually "change", or "uncheck" anything. Blocking our stats from public view should be done for us automatically. By Default.

 

 



QuicksilverJPR #25 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 16:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 27877 battles
  • 4,788
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View Post13Jake55, on Feb 05 2019 - 19:45, said:

Reason I am asking is I want to be able to get in some games without xvm being used. I run vanilla so maybe it will easier for a few hours, at least play without any cheat mods for awhile maybe. 

 

Hate to tell you this, but Aslains/XVM works the instant the patch hits for us on the NA server.

 

So the answer is that will probably never happen.



LEG3NDARY12 #26 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 16:15

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23119 battles
  • 227
  • [RNG-] RNG-
  • Member since:
    02-25-2012

lol... xvm cheat mods. 

 

You do know WOT has a rating system called personal rating that can be looked up at any time? Being able to see these stats in game doesn't make it a cheat.



QuicksilverJPR #27 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 27877 battles
  • 4,788
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostLEG3NDARY12, on Feb 07 2019 - 10:15, said:

lol... xvm cheat mods. 

 

You do know WOT has a rating system called personal rating that can be looked up at any time? Being able to see these stats in game doesn't make it a cheat.

 

Perhaps folks don't realize you can use multiple monitors and accomplish the same results...

Tolos #28 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:19

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,293
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Feb 07 2019 - 16:04, said:

 

Perhaps folks don't realize you can use multiple monitors and accomplish the same results...

 

I demand you stop using logic on these forums !!!!!!!

QuicksilverJPR #29 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 27877 battles
  • 4,788
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:19, said:

 

I demand you stop using logic on these forums !!!!!!!

 

Ahhhh...OK, I'll stop.

 

For now.



Tolos #30 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:24

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,293
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Feb 07 2019 - 16:20, said:

 

Ahhhh...OK, I'll stop.

 

For now.

 

Good chap. We dont want you being burned as a witch !!. 

QuicksilverJPR #31 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 27877 battles
  • 4,788
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:24, said:

 

Good chap. We dont want you being burned as a witch !!. 

 

But I don't float on water  :teethhappy:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #32 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 02:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLEG3NDARY12, on Feb 07 2019 - 10:15, said:

lol... xvm cheat mods. 

 

You do know WOT has a rating system called personal rating that can be looked up at any time? Being able to see these stats in game doesn't make it a cheat.

 

"lol exactly."  i just look up other peoples stats directly in game, one player at a time. I'm so fast I can sometimes check 5 players before the battle is over! I do nothing else in battle except search up the personal ratings of other players in my spare time, {always in battle}. but hey, stats can be looked up anytime, right. besides, xvm is just a tool. its nothing your own brain cant do.

 

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:04, said:

 

Perhaps folks don't realize you can use multiple monitors and accomplish the same results...

 

dude, how did you know..? that's exactly what I do. I use multiple monitors to look up every players stats, on both teams, one at a time. Once the battle starts, I can usually find the stats on half my team mates, and maybe one enemy player. Yep, I'm pretty fast, i must say. I do absolutely nothing else in battle except searching up stats on other players with my 'other monitors. and its so fast. it really is accomplishing the same results.   

 

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 05 2019 - 20:54, said:

 

So, on that note...

 

*I just figured out how to block/hide my personal statistics from public view in World of Warships. It is in the Account Management settings. Simply switch from 'Public" to 'Private' {check box}. However, I can not find the same option in World of Tanks..? Am I missing something here..? How come I can turn off/block my stats from public view in WoWS, but not in WOT..? ...:unsure:

 

 

But seriously folks...

 

I never did get a straight answer to my question. Does anyone out there know when we will be able to block our stats in WOT..? I already blocked my stats in WOWS, several days ago..so why can't I block them in WOT right now..?

 

 



RagnarokBazil #33 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 03:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25102 battles
  • 448
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    02-20-2012

View PostNdtm, on Feb 05 2019 - 20:16, said:

With the test server being a thing the xvm devs can have a version out pretty much as the update drops (/goes live)

 

They are going to hide Statistics so it disables XVM and after that XVM will be on the forbidden list

Iron_Soul_Stealer #34 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 03:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRagnarokBazil, on Feb 07 2019 - 21:12, said:

 

They are going to hide Statistics so it disables XVM and after that XVM will be on the forbidden list

 

^..Good. But will this new stat-blocking feature be done automatically, for everyones' wot account, by default.?

 

*If not, it's not being implemented correctly. No one should have to 'manually' do anything with their settings to block their personal stats. It should be done for them. Unless a player wants to 'manually' make their stats publicly visible again, but that's on them. They will have to find and check that box.

 

 



Ndtm #35 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 03:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 17694 battles
  • 4,527
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

View PostRagnarokBazil, on Feb 08 2019 - 03:12, said:

They are going to hide Statistics so it disables XVM and after that XVM will be on the forbidden list

So.. why did you reply to my post with that? not even related.. and also, i haven't heard or seen anything of your supposed "hiding of stats" outside of what some people want WG to implement



Iron_Soul_Stealer #36 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 04:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNdtm, on Feb 07 2019 - 21:57, said:

So.. why did you reply to my post with that? not even related.. and also, i haven't heard or seen anything of your supposed "hiding of stats" outside of what some people want WG to implement

 

^..Ummmm dude...that is not entirely correct.

 

*Wargaming, themselves, have even mentioned going in this direction regarding stat-blocking. It was just in their own PR video released recently. If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend you do. Andrey Biletskiy makes some comments about this, and many other new changes that will be coming in 2019.

 

Edit note: *If you can't find the official WG video, I will post it here.

 


Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Feb 08 2019 - 04:11.


Ndtm #37 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 05:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 17694 battles
  • 4,527
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 08 2019 - 04:09, said:

 

^..Ummmm dude...that is not entirely correct.

 

*Wargaming, themselves, have even mentioned going in this direction regarding stat-blocking. It was just in their own PR video released recently. If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend you do. Andrey Biletskiy makes some comments about this, and many other new changes that will be coming in 2019.

 

Edit note: *If you can't find the official WG video, I will post it here.

 

 

Are you talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LRPraccEI ? i wouldn't have too much hope on something so short, unconfirmed and has an "should we" vibe from it (i mean, the first one with the sixth sense even had a question mark at the end..) and would hardly take it as facts seeing as they have in the past brought up other things jokingly and some more obvious than others, so other than the only seemingly "confirmed" thing in that video being the Tank rally thing at the end the others i would see as mere potentials

Crazy___Canuck #38 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 05:20

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 28829 battles
  • 372
  • Member since:
    08-21-2015

This argument is so bogus.....for a number reasons, but will offer one. 

 

I run with xvm because it gives you some intelligence about the make up of each of the teams.  If you use this information in a smart manner...it can actually contribute to you having more success in working towards a win.  If that's seen as an unfair advantage to some - for a mod that is available to EVERYONE if they choose to use it, that's your problem.  In reality, my observations have demonstrated that there's rarely more than 3 or 4 players a side that run xvm (if you run with xvm, you can see on the count down screen others that are running it also).  So in general, I would say that only 20-25% of players actually use xvm ingame.  Bfd!  

 

I would submit that it's just another way for simpletons to blame something else for their inability to be satisfied with own level of gameplay.  

 

Just my opinion!  Tank on dudes!

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #39 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 04:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Feb 07 2019 - 23:20, said:

This argument is so bogus.....for a number reasons, but will offer one. 

 

I run with xvm because it gives you some intelligence about the make up of each of the teams.  If you use this information in a smart manner...it can actually contribute to you having more success in working towards a win.  If that's seen as an unfair advantage to some - for a mod that is available to EVERYONE if they choose to use it, that's your problem.  In reality, my observations have demonstrated that there's rarely more than 3 or 4 players a side that run xvm (if you run with xvm, you can see on the count down screen others that are running it also).  So in general, I would say that only 20-25% of players actually use xvm ingame.  Bfd!  

 

I would submit that it's just another way for simpletons to blame something else for their inability to be satisfied with own level of gameplay.  

 

Just my opinion!  Tank on dudes!

 

^...:D I almost forgot about that one.

That's a good one. I prefer the: "its just a tool...". Or, even better... "its nothing your own brain cant do...". I really love that one! On that note, I already memorized the 'reload times' for every 'enemy' tank in the tech tree {Yes, all of them..so easy breezy}, and I'm currently working on memorizing all the stats and personal ratings for each and every player on the NA. See..? it aint nothing your own brain cant do. And brains are available to everyone!

 

View PostNdtm, on Feb 07 2019 - 23:19, said:

 

Are you talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LRPraccEI ? i wouldn't have too much hope on something so short, unconfirmed and has an "should we" vibe from it (i mean, the first one with the sixth sense even had a question mark at the end..) and would hardly take it as facts seeing as they have in the past brought up other things jokingly and some more obvious than others, so other than the only seemingly "confirmed" thing in that video being the Tank rally thing at the end the others i would see as mere potentials

 

We will see...

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist"

-Ricky. Trailer Park Boys.

 

View PostRagnarokBazil, on Feb 07 2019 - 21:12, said:

 

They are going to hide Statistics so it disables XVM and after that XVM will be on the forbidden list

 

Like I said, I'm looking forward to that day.

It's already been done on World of Warships. I see no reason why it can't be done here, as well. And when it is, I might finally start playing tanks again!  ...:) Until then, you can find me on the high seas playing ships...and enjoying my well deserved privacy. "Action Stations!" 

 

 



ThePigSheFlies #40 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 73031 battles
  • 17,421
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 06 2019 - 00:28, said:

 

Well, why not now..?

I want that option to exist in WOT. So, when.. exactly, will they be adding this stat blocking option..? I would like to see it in World of Tanks right now, just like it is in World of Warships. I think it's only fair. Otherwise, the only thing I see here is a double standard.

 

 

 

the only person that cares what you think is fair, is you.  why are you even here anyway?  you have 3x the post count as your actual battle count in the past 6 years...

 

I bet even your mom doesn't care anymore, and wishes she hadn't let you get all of those participation medals playing youth soccer growing up...

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users