What time will be able to play updated version without xvm mods.

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #41 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:21

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

Well, not sure what all the Ad hominems and insults were for ...back there...:facepalm: Unnecessary, if you ask me.

But anyway, and like I said earlier, I am looking forward to the day that WG finally blocks/hides my personal stats, and everyone else's, automatically, by default.

Yes, it's already been done on World of Warships. True story. I see no reason why it can't be done here, as well. And when it is, I might finally start playing tanks again!  ...:) Until then, you can find me on the high seas playing ships...and enjoying my well deserved privacy. "Action Stations!" 

RG_Notch #42 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:28

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27690 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 07 2019 - 20:52, said:

"lol exactly."  i just look up other peoples stats directly in game, one player at a time. I'm so fast I can sometimes check 5 players before the battle is over! I do nothing else in battle except search up the personal ratings of other players in my spare time, {always in battle}. but hey, stats can be looked up anytime, right. besides, xvm is just a tool. its nothing your own brain cant do.

dude, how did you know..? that's exactly what I do. I use multiple monitors to look up every players stats, on both teams, one at a time. Once the battle starts, I can usually find the stats on half my team mates, and maybe one enemy player. Yep, I'm pretty fast, i must say. I do absolutely nothing else in battle except searching up stats on other players with my 'other monitors. and its so fast. it really is accomplishing the same results.   

But seriously folks...

I never did get a straight answer to my question. Does anyone out there know when we will be able to block our stats in WOT..? I already blocked my stats in WOWS, several days ago..so why can't I block them in WOT right now..?

People keep saying that WG will be allowing this but there is no date. So I would go with never, does never work for you? BTW if you're going to believe what WG says I refer you to when WG said they would never sell the mutant again, or when prefered mm was going away. So I'm sticking with never, hope that works for you. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #43 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:31

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostRG_Notch, on Feb 09 2019 - 23:28, said:

People keep saying that WG will be allowing this but there is no date. So I would go with never, does never work for you? BTW if you're going to believe what WG says I refer you to when WG said they would never sell the mutant again, or when prefered mm was going away. So I'm sticking with never, hope that works for you. 

No, that doesn't work for me. I remain optimistic. And I will wait...patiently. And when it happens, I might actually start playing tanks again!  ...:) But until then, you can find me on the high seas playing ships...and enjoying my well deserved privacy. "Action Stations!"   

*Besides, all that will happen with this stat-blocking will be a permanent 'fog-of-war' scenario, in each battle, and make the game a bit more challenging for you. You're not afraid of a challenge...are you..?

RG_Notch #44 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:40

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27690 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 09 2019 - 23:31, said:

No, that doesn't work for me. I remain optimistic. And I will wait...patiently. And when it happens, I might actually start playing tanks again!  ...:) But until then, you can find me on the high seas playing ships...and enjoying my well deserved privacy. "Action Stations!"   

*Besides, all that will happen with this stat-blocking will be a permanent 'fog-of-war' scenario, in each battle, and make the game a bit more challenging for you. You're not afraid of a challenge...are you..?

Why would I be afraid? I do find a lot of other people are scared that others will see their stats. I know you are scared so I don't need to ask you. 

Edited by RG_Notch, Feb 10 2019 - 05:41.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #45 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:49

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostRG_Notch, on Feb 09 2019 - 23:40, said:

Why would I be afraid? I do find a lot of other people are scared that others will see their stats. I know you are scared so I don't need to ask you. 

No, I'm not "scared"....

I don't care what anyone thinks of me, or my "stats". I have nothing to hide. Heck, that argument doesn't even make any sense. Right now my stats are publicly visible information...and have been for a long time. So, no "big secret" here. However, they are MY stats. I've earned them, I own them {metaphorically speaking}...blemishes and all. And if I choose to want to share them, publicly, that should be MY choice... not anyone else's. 

*Personally, I have a crazy theory, here, but I think the REAL fear is from all the players that currently use 'xvm'. They know that this default stat-blocking direction will eventually render their little crutch "xvm mod" completely useless. I think that's what the REAL fear is around here. But like I said, no need to fear the reaper, dude...it's just the Fog of War.  I'm looking forward to it. So should you.

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Feb 13 2019 - 00:04.

Moridin_707 #46 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 10:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19777 battles

View Post13Jake55, on Feb 05 2019 - 16:45, said:

Reason I am asking is I want to be able to get in some games without xvm being used. I run vanilla so maybe it will easier for a few hours, at least play without any cheat mods for awhile maybe. 

What does it matter? Its not like anyone is shaking in their boots when they see your stats :|

Iron_Soul_Stealer #47 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 00:50

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostMoridin_707, on Feb 10 2019 - 04:45, said:

What does it matter? Its not like anyone is shaking in their boots when they see your stats :|

But seriously, dude...I don't know why people are getting so angry and upset over this issue. I'm happy about it...:)

*Stat blocking is NOT the end of the world. As another member on this thread kindly pointed out, stat-blocking will be available to EVERYONE...so big frickin deal, right..? Besides, this game has been changing and evolving for almost 10 years now, and I don't see them stopping now. I say just go with it, and embrace the changes. It's about time. Like I said, I'm looking forward to this stat-blocking/Fog of War thing. Not sure what will happen to xvm..? Maybe it will go the way of the dinosaur. But I don't care. I don't use it anyway.

RG_Notch #48 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 00:55

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27690 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 09 2019 - 23:49, said:

No, I'm not "scared"....

I don't care what anyone thinks of me, or my "stats". I have nothing to hide. Heck, that argument doesn't even make any sense. Right now my stats are publicly visible information...and have been for a long time. So, no "big secret" here. However, they are MY stats. I've earned them, I own them...blemishes and all. And if I choose to want to share them, publicly, that's MY choice... not anyone else's. 

*Personally, I have a crazy theory, here, but I think the REAL fear is from all the players that currently use 'xvm'. They know that this default stat-blocking direction will eventually render their little crutch little "xvm mod" completely useless. I think that's what the REAL fear is around these parts. But like I said, no need to fear the reaper, dude...it's just the Fog of War.  I'm looking forward to it. So should you.

We get it you don't want people to see your stats and we can see why and its not because anyone is targeting you as a dangerous enemy that needs taking out. If WG ever gets around to letting you hide your stats people won't accuse you of botting. 

You own nothing in this game I hate to tell you. Not your tanks nor your stats. WG can and does let everyone see them. 

I doubt WG will ever hide stats, they just say they are looking into it to string folks along. Plus it won't make them any more money so it's not high on their list of priorities. 

Anyways you can always reroll. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #49 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostRG_Notch, on Feb 10 2019 - 18:55, said:

I doubt WG will ever hide stats, they just say they are looking into it to string folks along.....

^... I respectfully disagree.

*You can check it out for yourself, but stat-blocking has ALREADY been implemented in World of Warships {also owned by Wargaming.net}, so I believe it's just a matter of time before it's done here, as well. And I'm sincerely looking forward to it.

Besides, I don't know why people are getting so outraged and upset over this issue...? Is it because they know that xvm will become useless and obsolete soon after..? So what..? It's not the end of the world, dude. Stat blocking is just another tool, and it will be available to everyone.

Flarvin #50 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 01:13

Major

• Players
  • 53805 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Feb 05 2019 - 22:21, said:

You attribute too much to mods.   It won't change a thing. 

I would say that is a common misconception, plus several other things whose impact is overrated. 

I biggest impact on a player’s performance, is that player. 

Crypticshock #51 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 02:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19005 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

View Post13Jake55, on Feb 05 2019 - 17:45, said:

Reason I am asking is I want to be able to get in some games without xvm being used. I run vanilla so maybe it will easier for a few hours, at least play without any cheat mods for awhile maybe. 

There was no talk of removing XVM. Now there has been talk about blocking stats in game; which is a fraction of what XVM does. Please educate oneself - it is better than making blanket assumptions about something and calling it a cheat.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #52 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 05:28

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostCrypticshock, on Feb 10 2019 - 20:19, said:

There was no talk of removing XVM. Now there has been talk about blocking stats in game; which is a fraction of what XVM does. Please educate oneself - it is better than making blanket assumptions about something and calling it a cheat.

See, everyone..? ^..This guy knows what he's talking about.

*Stat-blocking, if done correctly by Wargaming {*ie: By default, and Automatically, for ALL our players}, will only remove xvm's ability to show you the percent% chance to win, the stats/WN8 and personal ratings of ALL your team mates, and enemy players...and create a 'Fog of War' scenario. So what..? No big deal. It's not the end of the world. That is only a fraction of what xvm does.

Besides, stat-blocking is only a tool {just like xvm}. And it will be available to EVERYONE. So, I don't get what all the fuss is about...?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #53 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 04:01

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostMancu, on Feb 05 2019 - 21:22, said:

Block Quote

Stat blocking

Because that option does not exist in WoT, though they said they are considering adding it sometime this year.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to stat blocking.

View Post13Jake55, on Feb 05 2019 - 21:50, said:

Yeah I forgot na is always last to get something.

^..Why is that..? ...:confused:

Are you saying they already have stat-blocking on the RU server..?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #54 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 06:48

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View Post13Jake55, on Feb 05 2019 - 19:45, said:

OP, I heard they recently removed that % chance-to-win feature from XVM. Is that true..?

the_Deadly_Bulb #55 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 08:53

Major

• Players
  • 26427 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 03 2019 - 21:48, said:

OP, I heard they recently removed that % chance-to-win feature from XVM. Is that true..?

XVM discontinued it about 2 years ago.

Its still available as a mod.

60% of the time it works every time. ;)

Roggg2 #56 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 14:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21294 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
OP:  XVM has nothing to do with why some players have better results than you do.  The sooner you accept that the better.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #57 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 23:47

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 04 2019 - 02:53, said:

XVM discontinued it about 2 years ago.

Its still available as a mod.

60% of the time it works every time. ;)

^..Another quick question...

Regardless of which mod now offers it, how will that % 'chance-to-win' feature still work when the Fog-of-War/stat-anonymizer comes into effect and is implemented into the game client..? [*ie: anonymizerTM prevents your name from showing in-game and your stats from being pulled by XVM, and similar mod affiliates.]

the_Deadly_Bulb #58 Posted Apr 08 2019 - 01:53

Major

• Players
  • 26427 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 07 2019 - 14:47, said:

^..Another quick question...

Regardless of which mod now offers it, how will that % 'chance-to-win' feature still work when the Fog-of-War/stat-anonymizer comes into effect and is implemented into the game client..? [*ie: anonymizerTM prevents your name from showing in-game and your stats from being pulled by XVM, and similar mod affiliates.]

It won't.

If and when an anonymizer comes into being how much difference do you think it will make?

A pig is a pig, doesn't matter if its under a blanket or not.

It isn't XVM or CTW that causes a team to win or lose.

I have won plenty of matches where the CTW was sub 35% @ opening and I have lost games where my team was favoured over 70%.

CTW is a cartoon.

XVM isn't a prophet either.

This is what I last read regarding this subject, make of it what you will.

"Mods & Anonymizer

The mod that allows players to see your nickname and stats – We have a concept for fixing it. One variant here is similar to the Fog of War on the Global Map. However, we need to study the aftermath of the case when all players choose to anonymize their name and stats. We’ll be working on it and release a certain version of the solution this year. We can’t confirm that it’s going to be final.

We aren’t planning to block XVM."

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Apr 08 2019 - 01:56.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #59 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 00:53

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 07 2019 - 19:53, said:

It won't.

If and when an anonymizer comes into being how much difference do you think it will make?

A pig is a pig, doesn't matter if its under a blanket or not.

It isn't XVM or CTW that causes a team to win or lose.

I have won plenty of matches where the CTW was sub 35% @ opening and I have lost games where my team was favoured over 70%.

CTW is a cartoon.

XVM isn't a prophet either.

This is what I last read regarding this subject, make of it what you will.

"Mods & Anonymizer

The mod that allows players to see your nickname and stats – We have a concept for fixing it. One variant here is similar to the Fog of War on the Global Map. However, we need to study the aftermath of the case when all players choose to anonymize their name and stats. We’ll be working on it and release a certain version of the solution this year. We can’t confirm that it’s going to be final.

We aren’t planning to block XVM."

^..Ok, so let me make sure I'm understanding you.

*You're saying that the '%chance-to-win' feature WILL NOT work anymore because of this anonymizer system, correct..? If so, I'm fine with that. It seems that it will also create a Fog-of-War scenario. A scenario where players will still see tanks, and tank types, etc., but they will no longer have the ability to instantly see a players stats in game. They will have to wait until AFTER the match before they can see that stuff. Again, I'm fine with that.

Consequently, it seems that Wargaming.net does not even have to block XVM {and/or any other similar stat-pulling mods}. Heck, they don't even have to ban it. Wargaming simply has to create a program that runs within their client that prevents any mod from pulling up players stats in game, and make it available to everyone with an update. I'm fine with that. 

View PostRoggg2, on Apr 04 2019 - 08:18, said:

OP:  XVM has nothing to do with why some players have better results than you do.  The sooner you accept that the better.

Yep, xvm is just a "tool" dude {like pubbie radar}. And with every "tool", there's always a counter measure.

*Kinda like when WWII allied aircraft used to drop millions of ribbons of aluminum foil at extremely high altitudes just before a bombing run over the English Channel. It was a counter measure to block enemy radar. It would effectively "jam" and scramble enemy radar systems making them ineffective. Strange as it seemed, it actually worked. True story. It was called "Chaff"...and variations of it are still used today. 

^..An RAF Avro Lancaster drops 'Chaff' just before a bombing run during World War II. These clouds of aluminum strips showed as false echoes on German radar screens, making it difficult for the enemy to respond appropriately.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #60 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 04:35

Major

• Players
  • 35988 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Feb 08 2019 - 11:20, said:

This argument is so bogus.....for a number reasons, but will offer one. 

I run with xvm because it gives you some intelligence about the make up of each of the teams.  If you use this information in a smart manner...it can actually contribute to you having more success in working towards a win.  If that's seen as an unfair advantage to some - for a mod that is available to EVERYONE if they choose to use it, that's your problem.  In reality, my observations have demonstrated that there's rarely more than 3 or 4 players a side that run xvm (if you run with xvm, you can see on the count down screen others that are running it also).  So in general, I would say that only 20-25% of players actually use xvm ingame.  Bfd!  

I would submit that it's just another way for simpletons to blame something else for their inability to be satisfied with own level of gameplay.  

Just my opinion!  Tank on dudes!

Exactly 30% is at best how many you see, and 1-4% of arty players.  Yet so many claim that arty is focusing them because their "good".  It's RARE to see an arty player that isn't green or above running xvm, so if their getting focused by arty, it's prob another green player trying to do a mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users