What time will be able to play updated version without xvm mods.

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #61 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 00:56

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Apr 10 2019 - 22:35, said:

Exactly 30% is at best how many you see, and 1-4% of arty players.  Yet so many claim that arty is focusing them because their "good".  It's RARE to see an arty player that isn't green or above running xvm, so if their getting focused by arty, it's prob another green player trying to do a mission.

Dude, I have another quick question for you...

*Once the stat-anonymizer feature comes into effect, how will any players {not just arty} still be able to XVM snipe..? 

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 07 2019 - 19:53, said:

It won't.

If and when an anonymizer comes into being how much difference do you think it will make?

A pig is a pig, doesn't matter if its under a blanket or not.

^..Yep, you're probably right.

It probably won't make much of a difference. Besides, genuinely good and skilled players won't have anything to worry about. All this stat-anonymizer will do is create a Fog-of-War scenario and weed out those players who desperately need the xvm crutch, from those that don't. In other words, the great players will always still prevail, and the hacks won't. Again, I'm fine with that. All the more reason to have it. Like you said, "it's time to take the blanket off the pig"...or something like that.

And again, Wargaming.net does not even have to block XVM {and/or any other similar stat-pulling mods}. And they don't even have to ban it. Like I stated before, Wargaming simply has to create a program that runs within their client that prevents any mod from pulling up players stats in game, and make it available to everyone with an update. I'm fine with that. 

View PostRoggg2, on Apr 04 2019 - 08:18, said:

OP:  XVM has nothing to do with why some players have better results than you do.  The sooner you accept that the better.

Yep... I agree, dude. Again...

*XVM is just a "tool" {like pubbie radar}. And with every tool, there's always a counter measure.

https://en.wikipedia...(countermeasure)

This upcoming stat-anonymizer feature will be kinda like when WWII allied aircraft used to drop millions of ribbons of aluminum foil at extremely high altitudes just before a bombing run over the English Channel. It was a counter measure to block enemy radar {*ie: XVM}. It would effectively "jam" and scramble enemy radar systems making them ineffective. Strange as it seemed, it actually worked. True story. It was called "Chaff"...and variations of it are still used today. 

^..An RAF Avro Lancaster drops 'Chaff' just before a bombing run during World War II. These clouds of aluminum strips showed as false echoes on German radar screens, making it difficult for the enemy to respond appropriately.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #62 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 03:27

Major

• Players
  • 37000 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 15 2019 - 06:56, said:

*Once the stat-anonymizer feature comes into effect, how will any players {not just arty} still be able to XVM snipe..? 

It probably won't make much of a difference. Besides, genuinely good and skilled players won't have anything to worry about. All this stat-anonymizer will do is create a Fog-of-War scenario and weed out those players who desperately need the xvm crutch, from those that don't. In other words, the great players will always still prevail, and the hacks won't. Again, I'm fine with that. All the more reason to have it. Like you said, "it's time to take the blanket off the pig"...or something like that.

And again, Wargaming.net does not even have to block XVM {and/or any other similar stat-pulling mods}. And they don't even have to ban it. Like I stated before, Wargaming simply has to create a program that runs within their client that prevents any mod from pulling up players stats in game, and make it available to everyone with an update. I'm fine with that. 

*XVM is just a "tool" {like pubbie radar}. And with every tool, there's always a counter measure.

This upcoming stat-anonymizer feature will be kinda like when WWII allied aircraft used to drop millions of ribbons of aluminum foil at extremely high altitudes just before a bombing run over the English Channel. It was a counter measure to block enemy radar {*ie: XVM}. It would effectively "jam" and scramble enemy radar systems making them ineffective. Strange as it seemed, it actually worked. True story. It was called "Chaff"...and variations of it are still used today. 

^..An RAF Avro Lancaster drops 'Chaff' just before a bombing run during World War II. These clouds of aluminum strips showed as false echoes on German radar screens, making it difficult for the enemy to respond appropriately.

VERY easily.  Those that hide their stats are either trying to hide their stats under the proven false premise that they are targeted for them(blue players thinking that's why they aren't purple) and the really bad players.  The bad players will be very obvious due to their positions. 

If one wanted to target the blues, all they would have to do it watch the actions of the tanks.  Blues are super cautious and try to hide as much as possible and use their team as much as possible to pad their stats and try to get to purple.

I found this out when trying to watch them to get better, now I know they aren't worth watching at all if one actually wants to develop skill at the game and not skill at stat padding.  I found that time and time again players would follow them thinking they were going to support a good player....only to watch that blue player continually fall back and flat out use the team as meat shields in order to pad their stats up.

I'll trust a green over a blue anyday.

Purples are purples because they are usually just that dang good.  Blues are usually just greens that have gotten really good at stat padding and using their teams.  Positioning and play style will easily spot them out.

SquishySupreme #63 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 09:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3410 battles
The OP does have a point, though.  That they allow mods at all is a serious issue as it gives some players a huge advantage and encourages potential cheating.  There are many gray-area mods that should be illegal but are not yet deemed as such.  The mod makers are always one step ahead of the detection and even give explicit advice on how to play in order to keep from being obvious about it.  There are also so many options in these multi-installers that players can't even keep track of what is illegal and what may or may not be.    Many players just click on them in the installer menus and use them anyways.

It's just too easy to cheat in this game and people being people, are weak to temptation.  Doubly so since there is little risk.

QuicksilverJPR #64 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 27877 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostSquishySupreme, on Apr 17 2019 - 03:38, said:

The OP does have a point, though.  That they allow mods at all is a serious issue as it gives some players a huge advantage and encourages potential cheating.  There are many gray-area mods that should be illegal but are not yet deemed as such.  The mod makers are always one step ahead of the detection and even give explicit advice on how to play in order to keep from being obvious about it.  There are also so many options in these multi-installers that players can't even keep track of what is illegal and what may or may not be.    Many players just click on them in the installer menus and use them anyways.

It's just too easy to cheat in this game and people being people, are weak to temptation.  Doubly so since there is little risk.

It is not easy to cheat.  Cheating (real cheating) would require doing some serious levels of hacking the program itself...which is not run on the client side of the game.

You're probably one of those people that think because you're being shot by someone you can't see, they must be cheating...

Stevenwt #65 Posted Apr 19 2019 - 20:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 03 2019 - 23:48, said:

OP, I heard they recently removed that % chance-to-win feature from XVM. Is that true..?

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 14 2019 - 17:56, said:

dude why do you keep necroing threads to beat a dead horse?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #66 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 02:42

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostSquishySupreme, on Apr 17 2019 - 03:38, said:

^..I absolutely agree.

*And that's been my forum-mantra for almost 10 years years now.

View PostStevenwt, on Apr 19 2019 - 14:42, said:

dude why do you keep necroing threads to beat a dead horse?

What..? :amazed: I'm not following you....

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Apr 16 2019 - 21:27, said:

VERY easily.  Those that hide their stats are either trying to hide their stats under the proven false premise that they are targeted for them(blue players thinking that's why they aren't purple) and the really bad players.  The bad players will be very obvious due to their positions. 

If one wanted to target the blues, all they would have to do it watch the actions of the tanks.  Blues are super cautious and try to hide as much as possible and use their team as much as possible to pad their stats and try to get to purple.

I found this out when trying to watch them to get better, now I know they aren't worth watching at all if one actually wants to develop skill at the game and not skill at stat padding.  I found that time and time again players would follow them thinking they were going to support a good player....only to watch that blue player continually fall back and flat out use the team as meat shields in order to pad their stats up.

I'll trust a green over a blue anyday.

Purples are purples because they are usually just that dang good.  Blues are usually just greens that have gotten really good at stat padding and using their teams.  Positioning and play style will easily spot them out.

^..Ummm.... I think you may still be misunderstanding me here. Regardless of the careful observation of player 'posturing/positioning' {which evolves slowly and steadily throughout the course of each battle}...

*When this stat-anonymizer {Fog-of-War} feature finally comes into effect for everyone {in the game client}, and blocks ALL players stats by default {in ALL random battles}, how will players still be able to immediately XVM snipe then..?

SquishySupreme #67 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3410 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Apr 19 2019 - 20:29, said:

It is not easy to cheat.  Cheating (real cheating) would require doing some serious levels of hacking the program itself...which is not run on the client side of the game.

You're probably one of those people that think because you're being shot by someone you can't see, they must be cheating...

I'v e been paying multiplayer games since about 1992 or so.  I know very well how even minor changes to the rendering, interface, or other aspects of the game essentially act as a cheat.  

Take, for instance, highlighting parts of the enemy tank in different colors.  Change your cross-hair to be the same color as their weak area and it's connect the dots to get a hit.  Easily .1-.2 seconds faster than doing it without an aid.

Then there are mods that allow you to track information that you shouldn't be able to aside from red dots on the map. ( enemy reload times, where they are aiming by various means...)  The list is extremely long of semi and barely legal mods that give a huge advantage.  Even knowing how their view ranges and yours overlap is deadly if the other person is running a vanilla client.  Oh - look - they have a 385m view range and mine is 400m.  So I crawl in and RIGHT where our lines almost meet... oh look, I can creep forward 2 more feet and - there he is...  First shot is mine...

And on and on.  Is it cheating?  Not in the way of something aiming for you or seeing through walls, but having an Ironman type AI interface feeding you information is certainly not equal.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Apr 21 2019 - 20:51.

Exiledcrow #68 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 49526 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Post13Jake55, on Feb 06 2019 - 01:45, said:

Reason I am asking is I want to be able to get in some games without xvm being used. I run vanilla so maybe it will easier for a few hours, at least play without any cheat mods for awhile maybe. 

So are you hoping your w/r will improve with out all the "cheats"? 

Stevenwt #69 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

Necroing, this thread first ended back in febuary. But for some reason you keep bringing it back up.

second dead horse. the developers have commented about the benefits of allowing mods to the point where it’s easyer and just as accurate to quote Todd Howard about talking about modding Skyrim since the both mentioned that Morrind was still getting mods

Ironbutt2015 #70 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17283 battles

Yes it does make XVM a cheat.  Just because Wargaming is to worried about offending entitled players to list it does not make it right.  

Being able to see if the guy/gal highlighted around the corner has 10 games or 100 thousand, is red or purple tells you a awful lot about the enemy and what to expect.  You should NOT have any idea if the enemy you are about to face is going to be hard or easy to fight.  The other crap XVM does is nothing compared to this option.

Example - "Oh look my XVM cheat mod tells me I am facing Pee Wee Herman I will just drive right out and zerg him" vs "Crap my XVM cheat mod tells me I that is Chuck Norris rounding the hill - run away"

Exiledcrow #71 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 00:29

Major

• Players
  • 49526 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostIronbutt2015, on Apr 22 2019 - 00:26, said:

Yes it does make XVM a cheat.

:teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy: You could always install XVM and see how much better it makes you, I bet you'll be disappointed, though. 

QuicksilverJPR #72 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 27877 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostSquishySupreme, on Apr 21 2019 - 14:51, said:

I'v e been paying multiplayer games since about 1992 or so.  I know very well how even minor changes to the rendering, interface, or other aspects of the game essentially act as a cheat.  

Take, for instance, highlighting parts of the enemy tank in different colors.  Change your cross-hair to be the same color as their weak area and it's connect the dots to get a hit.  Easily .1-.2 seconds faster than doing it without an aid.

Then there are mods that allow you to track information that you shouldn't be able to aside from red dots on the map. ( enemy reload times, where they are aiming by various means...)  The list is extremely long of semi and barely legal mods that give a huge advantage.  Even knowing how their view ranges and yours overlap is deadly if the other person is running a vanilla client.  Oh - look - they have a 385m view range and mine is 400m.  So I crawl in and RIGHT where our lines almost meet... oh look, I can creep forward 2 more feet and - there he is...  First shot is mine...

And on and on.  Is it cheating?  Not in the way of something aiming for you or seeing through walls, but having an Ironman type AI interface feeding you information is certainly not equal.

Those items in blue are in the vanilla client...btw.

SquishySupreme #73 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 02:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3410 battles

https://www.youtube....h?v=S-LCNZ1HPLQ

This is what I was talking about when I talked about colored parts on tanks.  Tell me with a straight face this clown camo overlay is legit.  This is the type of crap we have to deal with because they allow mods.  

If you want to crit someone, load this, set your cross-hair to your preferred item to consistently hit.  Match color to color, click.  This is exactly like putting a red dot on a target and then using an illuminated scope versus a plain target and a standard one.  You absolutely acquire the target faster with the colored indicators.   

Guido1212 #74 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 02:53

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 80950 battles

View PostSlone, on Feb 06 2019 - 01:38, said:

Which is more difficult, for someone who is a vegetarian to keep it to themself, or for a vanilla players to keep it to themself?

Been vanilla for two years.  Boy do I have more energy, my skin is healthier and my hair grows 2 inches a day.  Highly recommended for long term health and the environment benefits from less salt additives.

spud_tuber #75 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:26

Major

• Players
  • 57800 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Apr 22 2019 - 19:53, said:

Been vanilla for two years.  Boy do I have more energy, my skin is healthier and my hair grows 2 inches a day.  Highly recommended for long term health and the environment benefits from less salt additives.

2 inches a day? That sounds more like a downside than an upside 

ColonelShakes #76 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 12:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15979 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Apr 17 2019 - 03:27, said:

I found this out when trying to watch them to get better, now I know they aren't worth watching at all if one actually wants to develop skill at the game and not skill at stat padding.  I found that time and time again players would follow them thinking they were going to support a good player....only to watch that blue player continually fall back and flat out use the team as meat shields in order to pad their stats 

Your post is garbage much like your WR.  You being on a team actively hurts their chances.  

Your generalization of blue players is hilarious.  They do not become that color by sitting back. 

I have been playing above the blue threshold for months and I can guarantee it has not been a  cautious stat padding session. 

I get targeted all the time because I make a difference in the match.  They see it and they try to counter it.  I don't think it's XVM targeted but it could be I suppose.  If arty saw how many Pascucci awards I have... or maybe they do... can XVM garbage do that too ?  

So maybe try not to follow.  Lead.  Profit.  That blue player falling back ?  They know when a position is about to be lost.  Stupids such as you perceive it as stat padding.  lol

QuicksilverJPR #77 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 27877 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostSquishySupreme, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:46, said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-LCNZ1HPLQ

This is what I was talking about when I talked about colored parts on tanks.  Tell me with a straight face this clown camo overlay is legit.  This is the type of crap we have to deal with because they allow mods.  

If you want to crit someone, load this, set your cross-hair to your preferred item to consistently hit.  Match color to color, click.  This is exactly like putting a red dot on a target and then using an illuminated scope versus a plain target and a standard one.  You absolutely acquire the target faster with the colored indicators.   

Besides looking stupid (which it does), I don't really care one way or the other on that particular mod.  Don't use it, don't care if someone uses it, but if it eventually deemed illegal for play use, I'd be ok with that as well.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/forbidden-mods/

SquishySupreme #78 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 00:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3410 battles
Again, I love the "I'll use whatever mod I want until it's officially banned-by-name" response.

THIS is why mods need to be removed.  Because this self-serving "I have a right to use any advantage I can over other players until it's made illegal" attitude is why the game is so toxic and prone to blowouts.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Apr 25 2019 - 00:17.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #79 Posted Apr 28 2019 - 23:50

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostStevenwt, on Apr 21 2019 - 15:18, said:

Necroing, this thread first ended back in febuary. But for some reason you keep bringing it back up.

second dead horse. the developers have commented about the benefits of allowing mods to the point where it’s easyer and just as accurate to quote Todd Howard about talking about modding Skyrim since the both mentioned that Morrind was still getting mods

*First off, I would never classify this as 'necroing' for the following reasons:

-This topic is still extremely relevant to this day

-We are not permitted to make new threads on already existing topics

-Ask yourself if this subject is still an ongoing issue/problem? YES..obviously.

-Has the issue been resolved..?  Obviously not.

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Apr 22 2019 - 13:16, said:

Those items in blue are in the vanilla client...btw.

^..By the way, I noticed that the 'Enemy Reload Timer' mod is not in blue. And you never mentioned anything about it. Why not..?

*Consequently, I remember when many players here would use that old excuse and say that the enemy reload timer mod was perfectly fine to use because it was "legal". I believe their argument was that... "It was nothing your own brain couldn't do". "and...it's just a tool"...Eventually, WG finally got off the fence and decided otherwise....and then banned it outright. Good thing...finally.

On that note...

{Just like XVM does}, I'm in the process of trying to memorize ALL the stats for every single player on the NA server, and then pull up all those stats {from my own brain} for each and every player, on both teams, for every battle I am in. However, I still haven't been able to do it. "Yep, but XVM is just a "tool"...it's nothing your own brain can't do". Hmmm....

View PostSquishySupreme, on Apr 21 2019 - 14:51, said:

^..Yep, and as I already mentioned above...

*I remember when players here would laugh, berate, and insult me off the forum for even suggesting that the use of the 'Enemy Reload Timer' mod was completely unfair {as well as many other mods}. And it was my forum mantra for almost 10 years that WG needed to look at many of these so called "legal" mods. Well, they finally did look at some of these mods recently {and have even banned a few that used to be "legal"}, so, I have to give WG credit for at least trying to create a more fair and level playing field in this game. But we aren't there... yet. There is still work to do. And this upcoming new stat-anonymizer feature {Fog-of-War} is another great step in the right direction for finally creating a fair and level playing field for ALL our players.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #80 Posted May 06 2019 - 02:07

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostIronbutt2015, on Apr 21 2019 - 18:26, said:

Yes it does make XVM a cheat.  Just because Wargaming is to worried about offending entitled players to list it does not make it right.  

Being able to see if the guy/gal highlighted around the corner has 10 games or 100 thousand, is red or purple tells you a awful lot about the enemy and what to expect.  You should NOT have any idea if the enemy you are about to face is going to be hard or easy to fight.  The other crap XVM does is nothing compared to this option.

Example - "Oh look my XVM cheat mod tells me I am facing Pee Wee Herman I will just drive right out and zerg him" vs "Crap my XVM cheat mod tells me I that is Chuck Norris rounding the hill - run away"

^..Yep, I agree. And I believe they call that the Fog-of-War.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users