help with English to Wargaming Support translation

support customer service

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

windowseat74 #1 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 17830 battles

Hello all.  I'm having trouble communicating my problem with support and am unsure of how to word my response to their reply to my ticket.  If anyone could help me get my message across so they can understand it or help me with my original issue I would be very grateful.  I really don't understand what I did wrong here and would like to correct it.  I also don't want to make the same mistake in the future.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Apologies, For some reason I couldn't get image posting to work so here's the links to screenshots of the support ticket, a garage screenshot, and the ticket response.

Ticket - https://imgur.com/suDYG3v

Garage screenshot - https://imgur.com/cfIoFIW

Support response - https://imgur.com/zx6WKT3

Thanks again!!

redjkent #2 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 96500 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
you get a penalty for moving the commander that's what happens when you move crew members

windowseat74 #3 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 17830 battles

View Postredjkent, on Feb 05 2019 - 21:46, said:

you get a penalty for moving the commander that's what happens when you move crew members

Really?  I retrained the commander to the new tank with gold?

redjkent #4 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 96500 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View Postwindowseat74, on Feb 06 2019 - 03:47, said:

yes you can only train them to 100percent with gold  your commander is at 107 percent still really skilled your not missing much with that

GenPanzer #5 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:57

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View Postredjkent, on Feb 05 2019 - 22:46, said:

There is no penalty for retraining with gold.

View Postwindowseat74, on Feb 05 2019 - 22:47, said:

I would guess that you did not retrain the commander with gold. That is the only way she would not be at the same level as before.

And support should be able to tell from the screenshot that the crew is not being penalized, so they were useless.

But that brings up another question. Have you had these crew in other tanks before you moved from tier 4 to tier 5? Is is possible you retrained her for credits at one point in the past? Honestly, unless you have screenshots of before or some sort of proof you really did retrain for gold, like a video of you doing it, I don't think there is anything anyone can do for you.

windowseat74 #6 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 04:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 17830 battles

View Postredjkent, on Feb 05 2019 - 21:49, said:

yes you can only train them to 100percent with gold  your commander is at 107 percent still really skilled your not missing much with that

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to bug you on this, but I read this on the wiki page on crew skills (color change by me for emphasis):

• Tank Academy - At the cost of 200 Gold, the player's selection of the Tank Academy option will cause the existing crew member to immediately obtain a 100% Training Level in their Major Qualification for the new vehicle. If the crew member has no existing Skills or Perks, then this option will automatically unlock and make available the further selection of a first Skill or Perk. If the crew member has already acquired any Skills or Perks, then each of them will carry over to the new vehicle and immediately become active without any reduction in the same percentage level earned prior to the move.
  •  

Maybe I'm being dense, but I still don't understand.

windowseat74 #7 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 17830 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Feb 05 2019 - 21:57, said:

There is no penalty for retraining with gold.

I would guess that you did not retrain the commander with gold. That is the only way she would not be at the same level as before.

And support should be able to tell from the screenshot that the crew is not being penalized, so they were useless.

But that brings up another question. Have you had these crew in other tanks before you moved from tier 4 to tier 5? Is is possible you retrained her for credits at one point in the past? Honestly, unless you have screenshots of before or some sort of proof you really did retrain for gold, like a video of you doing it, I don't think there is anything anyone can do for you.

I did retrain the commander with gold.  I think I recruited the female crew members and trained them on the Tier 4 when I recruited them.  I know its not a ton of crew xp I'm missing, but it still kinda sucks. Thanks for the reply.

Scorpiany #8 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:13

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36995 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
The Commander gives a 10% bonus to the rest of the crew, but does not receive the bonus themselves. Based on the screenshot you posted, your crew looks normal.

windowseat74 #9 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 17830 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Feb 05 2019 - 22:13, said:

The Commander gives a 10% bonus to the rest of the crew, but does not receive the bonus themselves. Based on the screenshot you posted, your crew looks normal.

Thanks Scorp.  My commander should be working on their 3rd skill like the rest of the crew though shouldn't she?  After retraining she lost whatever gains she had on the 3rd skill and dropped down to 96% on the 2nd skill.

Buttknuckle #10 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 51920 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postwindowseat74, on Feb 06 2019 - 04:16, said:

Thanks Scorp.  My commander should be working on their 3rd skill like the rest of the crew though shouldn't she?  After retraining she lost whatever gains she had on the 3rd skill and dropped down to 96% on the 2nd skill.

You are not talking about skill reset not retraining. Two different things. There is no reason to reset you skill during retraining to another tank. And your skills would not be reset by retraining to another tank.

Based on your screen shot, and my understanding from your posts that all of your crew were at roughly equal percentages at one point, I believe that you reset your commanders skills for silver. There is an approximate 70K xp difference between your commander and the others, just about the amount you would lose for resetting 3 skills to 90% with silver. 

windowseat74 #11 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 05:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 17830 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Feb 05 2019 - 22:48, said:

You are not talking about skill reset not retraining. Two different things. There is no reason to reset you skill during retraining to another tank. And your skills would not be reset by retraining to another tank.

Based on your screen shot, and my understanding from your posts that all of your crew were at roughly equal percentages at one point, I believe that you reset your commanders skills for silver. There is an approximate 70K xp difference between your commander and the others, just about the amount you would lose for resetting 3 skills to 90% with silver. 

Thanks for the reply.  Perhaps I did reset the skills for silver instead of gold when moving the commander over.  On the Tier 4, the commander is also the gunner.  Whereas on the Tier 5, the commander is also the radio operator.  Being that I haven't yet played any battles with the tier 5, I wonder if support will be able to help me figure this out.  This commander now has less total skill xp than when I initially recruited her.  Ugh...

Buttknuckle #12 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 06:03

Major

• Players
  • 51920 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Support should be able to confirm you reset skills for silver. Bummer mistake but it could be worse. I suspect most of us have had similar "oops" moments. God knows I've had a few.

Good luck.

Also tagged with support, customer service

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users