Arty is Exactly How it is Supposed to be... and that's why some people don't like it

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Poll: Arty Preference (130 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which arty do you prefer?

1. Old Arty (98 votes [75.38%])

Percentage of vote: 75.38%

2. New Arty (32 votes [24.62%])

Percentage of vote: 24.62%

Vote Hide poll

sergeantmine09 #1 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Sorry for the long title, but hey it may be worth your time.... maybe not because it is about arty. This may not be an original thought but I kind've thought we could talk about it(again).

Arty, if I remember correctly, was added in as a support class. It was supposed to dissuade people from camping and provide support from the back lines. However, the first implementation was basically a nuke launcher because most of the tanks on the tech tree were susceptible to a 1 shot. Although I personally prefer the 1 shots over what it is now, I can understand how that is a problem. Something that could one shot pretty much anything on the field, late game, was a force to be reckoned with.

Come the most recent rework on arty, it has fit it more into the Support Shoes it was supposed to wear. It can only one shot some vehicles and only if it gets a lucky shot. However there has been a damage reduction to match that of standard HE pen at long distances. To counteract just nerfing the hell out of the damage, they gave it a stun effect that contributes even more to the support aspect of the class. The problem is apparent for both sides of the playing field on this rework. The arty players do not appreciate the inability of being able to one shot somebody, while the Non-Arty players are effected by the most ridiculous splash and stun effect. 

Arty is a weird, and probably ineffective implementation into the game. But to end this post with a question, which would you prefer?: Old or New Arty and why? 

P.S.: Didn't add a no arty choice because we all have to come to terms with the fact that arty is going nowhere.

Edited by sergeantmine09, Feb 06 2019 - 23:31.

wc_nighthawk #2 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24168 battles
  • [23AEF] 23AEF
They just need to bring back arty platoons.

sergeantmine09 #3 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postwc_nighthawk, on Feb 06 2019 - 16:13, said:

That just sounds scary T-T

NeroGermanicus #4 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 51613 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

Block Quote

The arty players do not appreciate the inability of being able to one shot somebody

No, we are pissed that shells that still cost the same but do half the damage. If you remember when you shot AP you "might" hit one out of 5 shots and then had a chance of a bounce. One shots were rather rare. The increased splash has made it to where there is little cover as I can blap someone for 150-200 when they are behind a building. Put arty back the way it was.

sergeantmine09 #5 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostNeroGermanicus, on Feb 06 2019 - 16:19, said:

No, we are pissed that shells that still cost the same but do half the damage. If you remember when you shot AP you "might" hit one out of 5 shots and then had a chance of a bounce. One shots were rather rare. The increased splash has made it to where there is little cover as I can blap someone for 150-200 when they are behind a building. Put arty back the way it was.

You must be a minority. I have never heard this POV before

WhineMaker #6 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 37673 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postwc_nighthawk, on Feb 06 2019 - 14:13, said:

Can you let me know when I provided permission to speak on my behalf?

I have no issues with arty, yet you claim "no one" likes it?

sergeantmine09 #7 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 06 2019 - 16:28, said:

Can you let me know when I provided permission to speak on my behalf?

I have no issues with arty, yet you claim "no one" likes it?

There you go hun, changed it just for you

moon111 #8 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 32346 battles

Arty use to be something I played to make things a level playing field.  Any idiot could hit things with arty, but who, what, and where was what really use to matter.

There's a flank being out-numbered?   Help them out.  If you're base is going be under attack, do you defend yourself or take out the TD guarding their base so your team

could cap?  World of Tanks released an over-powered tank... or worst sold one?   Yeah you're getting attention.  One thing I never use to do is directly XVM snipe unless

the player was in a pretty slow tank.  I would focus on the muppets around him who would be more guaranteed to be hit and then let my team out-number the unicum.

If there was a 'useless' tank doing a good job trying to spot, I'd try to help them rack up a ton of assist damage.  

Arty now?  Try to predict who on the enemy team is going to get hit in order to rack up assist damage.  That's about it.  Shooting for 'damage' is a joke.

When it comes to winning the battle, arty has so little influence.  Every complaint about getting hit by the enemy arty is countered by your arty hitting them.   At the end of

the day, perhaps you gave one player some fun, the other frustration.  It is a useless class.  There use to be some good long-range scouting and damage that could be done,

but those days are over.  Pretty much the only good is the stun assist and by that time, a TD could offer way more support in most situations as they can sit in a bush

not relocating after shots, stay there clicking away for way more damage. 

I think Arty is more upsetting to play then to play against by a fairly wide margin now.  World of Tanks should let SPG's sell for their full cost and let the crews be re-trained

to another class for free.  Everyone would be happy.    

Edited by moon111, Feb 06 2019 - 23:46.

ddraig_goch_ #9 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5162 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH
A little arty would not hurt (much). It does teach you to go to cover. But three in a game turns things campy. And of course, Arty is not balanced and people that play the majority of their games are not skilled and aren't trying to get skilled.

sergeantmine09 #10 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postmoon111, on Feb 06 2019 - 16:45, said:

Arty use to be something I played to make things a level playing field.  Any idiot could hit things with arty, but who, what, and where was what really use to matter.

There's a flank being out-numbered?   Help them out.  If you're base is going be under attack, do you defend yourself or take out the TD guarding their base so your team

could cap?  World of Tanks released an over-powered tank... or worst sold one?   Yeah you're getting attention.  One thing I never use to do is directly XVM snipe unless

the player was in a pretty slow tank.  I would focus on the muppets around him who would be more guaranteed to be hit and then let my team out-number the unicum.

If there was a 'useless' tank doing a good job trying to spot, I'd try to help them rack up a ton of assist damage.  

Arty now?  Try to predict who on the enemy team is going to get hit in order to rack up assist damage.  That's about it.  Shooting for 'damage' is a joke.

When it comes to winning the battle, arty has so little influence.  Every complaint about getting hit by the enemy arty is countered by your arty hitting them.   At the end of

the day, perhaps you gave one player some fun, the other frustration.  It is a useless class.  There use to be some good long-range scouting and damage that could be done,

but those days are over.  Pretty much the only good is the stun assist and by that time, a TD could offer way more support in most situations as they can sit in a bush

not relocating after shots, stay there clicking away for way more damage. 

I think Arty is more upsetting to play then to play against by a fairly wide margin now.  World of Tanks should let SPG's sell for their full cost and let the crews be re-trained

to another class for free.  Everyone would be happy.    

Ah Ah Ah! You don't have expressed consent from WhineMaker to speak for him

munnkey3 #11 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
how about neither

sergeantmine09 #12 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 23:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 06 2019 - 16:57, said:

how about neither

Ahahaha funny joke! I express that there is no "Neither" option because that wasn't going to happen. but you still said it! Very funny!

Tuturuuu #13 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 00:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14363 battles
  • [TDPOI] TDPOI
I have mostly only had the pleasure (?) of playing artillery after the rebalance. My experience with the class prior to the rebalance was neither particularly memorable nor extensive. I'm used to arty as it is now and I'm fairly comfortable with it (both on the "camping punishment" and ""camping"" ends of the exchange). 

WhineMaker #14 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 37673 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postsergeantmine09, on Feb 06 2019 - 14:32, said:

There you go hun, changed it just for you

Thanks Sweetie.

I'll make sure to keep you on my Valentine's Day chocolate and flowers list... ;)

sergeantmine09 #15 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 00:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 06 2019 - 17:28, said:

Thanks Sweetie.

I'll make sure to keep you on my Valentine's Day chocolate and flowers list... ;)

Remind me to get you something! Got any preferences?

WhineMaker #16 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 37673 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postsergeantmine09, on Feb 06 2019 - 15:30, said:

Remind me to get you something! Got any preferences?

Anything 80 proof or above... :B

I_QQ_4_U #17 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 20:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 22135 battles

View Postsergeantmine09, on Feb 06 2019 - 23:24, said:

You must be a minority. I have never heard this POV before

You must not be listening then. One of the biggest gripes was that shell cost never changed after being made 50% less effective and firing AP was pretty rare most of the time for the stated reasons, I bet I might have fired at most 5% of my shells as AP, too inaccurate and too likely to bounce to make it worth it. Could care less old or new, a slightly changed new would be better though the only thing I can think of is to reduce the maximum stun length, maybe make it much more accurate but much smaller splash radius.

Zetar #18 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 23:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 4963 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
OK...so after a long work hiatus i returned to the game and found my beloved arties have changed. OK, so Confederate will be less awarded and Bruiser is just fine. So my new role is to splash and aid my team by wearing down the big boys. I'm fine with that but when I target a position and my team still runs to it why must i be rewarded with damaging my team minuses. I say bring back the old arty - the good players never stand in one spot for too long and there is plenty of cover...

Blue_Light #19 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 05:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30178 battles
A third option was left out of the poll. And would likely garner more votes than both of the other two choices.

redled1 #20 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 17:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 30670 battles
Here's another change since the 're-balance' I'm curious to know if others have noticed while playing arty - you can no longer walk your aiming circle into an enclosed space such as an opening in factory walls, underneath the blimp, etc without your aiming circle uncontrollably jumping up to the structure above where you're trying to aim. You used to be able to 'thread the needle' into tight spaces and hit entrenched camping tanks, but now no matter how carefully you try to walk your aim in it jumps uncontrollably and unpredictably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users