Shared Research

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 06:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 786 battles

Hi Everyone,

I have the Tier 1 German Leichttraktor.  I want to get to the Tier 3 Pz 1C, but I have to go through the Tier 2 Pz.KPFW1 first.  I have no interest in keeping the Pz.KPKW1.  I have enough Tier 2 Tanks and am getting very tired of playing the same three beginners maps over and over again.  I just want to get to the Pz 1C.

I researched the Pz.KPFW1, but have not purchased it as of yet.  It seems like some of the modules of the Pz.KPFW1 are the same as the Leichttraktor.

I have several questions.

Do I have to Purchase the Pz.KPFW1 to get to the Pz1C?

If I have to buy it, Do I have to Re-research the same modules that the Leichttraktor and the Pz.KPFW1 share?

If I have to buy it, Should I get a new crew with the Pz.KPFW1 or just move up the crew from the Leichttraktor?

If I have to buy it, Do I need to get another garage slot?

Thank Again 

nuclearguy931 #2 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 07:12

Major

• Players
  • 77932 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
You don't actually have to purchase any tank in any tree to move on to the next one. All you have to do is research the direct line to the next vehicle using free XP that you have grinded or purchased, or as you stated, it could be the same as what you have researched on other vehicles.

da_Rock002 #3 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 10:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 8307 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Feb 07 2019 - 00:51, said:

Hi Everyone,

I have the Tier 1 German Leichttraktor.  I want to get to the Tier 3 Pz 1C, but I have to go through the Tier 2 Pz.KPFW1 first.  I have no interest in keeping the Pz.KPKW1.  I have enough Tier 2 Tanks and am getting very tired of playing the same three beginners maps over and over again.  I just want to get to the Pz 1C.

I researched the Pz.KPFW1, but have not purchased it as of yet.  It seems like some of the modules of the Pz.KPFW1 are the same as the Leichttraktor.

If I have to buy it, Do I have to Re-research the same modules that the Leichttraktor and the Pz.KPFW1 share?

If I have to buy it, Should I get a new crew with the Pz.KPFW1 or just move up the crew from the Leichttraktor?

Thank Again

A couple of questions haven't gotten answers yet.

About garage slots...……   If you don't have an open slot when you want to buy a new vehicle, then yes you need to buy a slot for that vehicle.

As for crews...….  The most important thing to remember about them is you don't need (and don't want) to get a crew when purchasing Premium tanks.  UNLESS THAT PREMIUM COMES WITH A CREW WITH SPECIAL SKILLS.     One of a Premium's greatest values is the ability to have tech tree crews assigned to them at no cost.   One of their greatest values is crew training and a good way to do that is by a tech tree crew getting time in a Premium and their tech tree vehicle.   Beyond that... as for crews...

Training crews in the lower tiers (T1 through about T3/T4) isn't very productive.  The lower tier vehicles don't earn much XP.  They're not the go-to tiers for grinding crew skill.   One problem with them is there aren't too many mediums nor heavies to begin with.   Also, you won't need too many light crews in the middle tiers and up.   It costs gold to convert a light crew to other class vehicles and most players won't consider those crews worth the expense.         Another consideration about most everything you grind and the lower tiers is that spending time in the lower tiers isn't exactly beneficial for newbies.   It can hurt your development to spend too much time in lights in the early tiers.   The battles are often chaotic and often are dominated by seal bashers and are over before you had a chance to learn anything.   You're very often on a team without the seal bashing platoon as well.    So consider strongly that moving up to T4/T5 and getting time in a medium as worth the effort.

It's really worth your while to read up about crews.  Crew mechanics isn't simple and it's a good idea to start your game career learning how to handle them and why.   Crews take lots of XP to train and don't expect there to be many shortcuts.     have fun  

Edited by da_Rock002, Feb 07 2019 - 10:33.

someguy124 #4 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 10:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30204 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

You can unlock the pz1c with free xp if you have enough of it, otherwise yes you will have to buy and grind through the tier 2.

Modules which are shared between vehicles only have to be researched once. once researched they will not be needed to be unlocked with xp again.

Do you enjoy playing the LTractor? Is the crew experienced enough that when you move the crew over and pay to retrain, they are still more experienced than a fresh crew? This question is relative.

Yes, but you can sell it once finished to gain back the free slot.

TrevorsT112 #5 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6299 battles
  • [MSFIT] MSFIT

View Postsnailcrusher, on Feb 07 2019 - 06:51, said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank Again 

SC, the easiest way IMO is to just buy the Pz.KPFW1 to unlock all the modules in its tree along with the next tank in its line. You can then sell it after it is an elite tank to free up the garage slot if you don't think you will use it any further. You can always buy it back later if you want, and in fact you might find yourself doing this from time to time to make room as you open up more lines from the various nations. At this point though, my preference would be to just dismiss the crew as they won't likely have much experience anyway, unless I think I might want to come back to it later, then I would send the crew to the barracks to preserve the experience accumulated so far.

You are probably already aware that elite tanks allow you to accelerate crew training, which can help with the grind quite a lot. And as with all closed turreted tanks, you have to equip the tank with Vents and have a 100% crew with BIA fully trained on all crew members in order to reach its near full performance. Each vehicle/crew can also make use of various consumables that further tweak certain performance variables. The Pz1C is a lot of fun, and I am sure you will enjoy learning in it. As a forward scout, its intended purpose is to harass flanks while on the move, so be thinking concealment, spotting and improved gun accuracy with movement. Experiment with chocolate and high octane fuel to see how it affects your play style. The Pz1C just might be your snail crusher.

MechLovin #6 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27529 battles
  • [F--H] F--H
Gave you +1.  So unusual for a new player to find the forum and asking questions.  Don't think I actually posted anything in the forums until 4k battles.  Kudos mate, good luck and good hunting, hope you enjoy the game.

the_Deadly_Bulb #7 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 24220 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postsomeguy124, on Feb 07 2019 - 01:29, said:

You can unlock the pz1c with free xp if you have enough of it, otherwise yes you will have to buy and grind through the tier 2.

Modules which are shared between vehicles only have to be researched once. once researched they will not be needed to be unlocked with xp again.

Do you enjoy playing the LTractor? Is the crew experienced enough that when you move the crew over and pay to retrain, they are still more experienced than a fresh crew? This question is relative.

Yes, but you can sell it once finished to gain back the free slot.

Snailcrusher, here's your answer.

Covers everything you asked and is correct.

Nothing more need be added.

+1 someguy124 :honoring:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users