Jump to content


Incoming! Dev Diaries featuring Matchmaker.

KRZY MM MatchMaker Match Maker Damn you WG

  • Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:54

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • 143
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Howdy Boom Jockies!

 

Check out our new Developer diary video featuring Matchmaker. 

 

 

Still a work in progress, but I feel they outlined a majority of pain points for the Community with a plan to address them. What do you think?

 



Ortinoth_ #2 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27222 battles
  • 1,702
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011
its good info about the upcoming changes ---- just wanted it to be implemented sooner.. 

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #3 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:03

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22714 battles
  • 219
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE
  • Member since:
    03-11-2013

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

But they are only now acting like they are fixing the game since there money is walking away to other company's. 



BenchPCS #4 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8563 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    05-19-2011
Eliminate 3-tier matches or at least place them at the lowest possible priority.  I would rather wait 2 minutes for a match than be bottom tier in a 3-tier match.

Garandster #5 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:25

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5950 battles
  • 997
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:03, said:

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

But they are only now acting like they are fixing the game since there money is walking away to other company's. 

 

Mom!! It's not fair playing a game where someone with skill is better than me, where is my participation award?

 

Seriously Unicums are not running around pubbie matches and ruining the game because they are more skilled then you, there are WAY more tomatoes out there that could effect the outcome of a game than unicums.



Deton8tor #6 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:32

    Private

  • Players
  • 48488 battles
  • 2
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    10-05-2013

The changes to the vehicle type matchup have been well done IMO.  This avoids, for example, 4 meds fighting 4 TDs (I love meds but really not fun fighting 4 Jagzillas working together).  The tier mm needs to progress to the next level.  Have you tested 2 tier (+/- 1 tier) matchmaking?  Just as the game progression has allowed the move from 5 tier mm to 3 tier mm, it is now time to move to 2 tier mm.  The video said it - bottom tier vehicles in 3 tier mm cannot realistically fight the top tier vehicles.  While still disadvantaged, all tanks can realistically fight a tank 1 tier higher.  I would happily fight tanks 1 tier higher more often to avoid having to fight tanks 2 tiers higher.  Why do you think the queue has changed with so many more tier 9s being played?  Player behavior has changed in response to mm.  It's the only tier (other than starting tiers) that can be assured to be no lower than 1 tier from the top in a battle.  I personally love tier 9 for this reason.  MM is of huge importance to the enjoyment to the game and is singularly the most frustrating issue for players.  PLEASE look at 2 tier mm.  You will be improving the game more than any other change and eliminating the #1 reason players leave the game.

 

BTW the current 3 tier mm is one of the main reasons so much prem ammo is used now so you can solve 2 issues with one change.


Edited by Deton8tor, Feb 07 2019 - 18:37.


Necrolegion #7 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 19965 battles
  • 2,969
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

This doesn't address the issue at all!

 

I mean seriously Wargaming! The problem is +2 MM. We want +1 at most. All you are doing is introducing more +2 MM variations. Now instead of potentially only seeing THREE +2 Tier tanks, you can now see up to FIVE!!!

 

THAT IS COMPLETE [edited]! Like what the hell do you guys even look at for feedback??? Surely it isn't your playerbase. It's almost as if you consult a magic 8 ball instead of looking at the actual feedback.

 

You community has been screaming +1/-1 for years and you are like "Okay comrade we will introduce 3-5-7!" which pisses off your playerbase as we're bottom tier 80% of the time. You then realize your mistake after we keep yelling at you idiots for +1/-1 and then you tell us "Here you go communist pigs, 5-5-5 MM". 

 

ONCE AGAIN WE ALL WANT AT THE MAX +1/-1 MM. WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE TANKS TWO TIERS HIGHER THAN US!!!!

 

In all honesty fudge the queue times. I'd much rather wait a few more seconds or minutes to get a match with +1/-1 than to be a useless brick in +2 MM. Please take your "New & Improved" MM template and shove it up your chimney and just let it burn cuz we don't want that crap.



_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #8 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:36

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22714 battles
  • 219
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE
  • Member since:
    03-11-2013

View PostGarandster, on Feb 07 2019 - 10:25, said:

 

Mom!! It's not fair playing a game where someone with skill is better than me, where is my participation award?

 

Seriously Unicums are not running around pubbie matches and ruining the game because they are more skilled then you, there are WAY more tomatoes out there that could effect the outcome of a game than unicums.

 

Yup what ever you got to say TOXIC player you are, funny how all you kids go right to the Mom saying and jokes, just shows that the player base has gone to the little kids,

Yeah unicorns more skilled FUNNY as all hell you think that, but Im sure your blindness is a great advantage to you.



liutazas #9 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:46

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 4403 battles
  • 5
  • [LTT] LTT
  • Member since:
    11-03-2017
When these changes go live?

Rafalefighter47 #10 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:51

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14049 battles
  • 72
  • [DCS] DCS
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View PostBenchPCS, on Feb 07 2019 - 17:17, said:

Eliminate 3-tier matches or at least place them at the lowest possible priority.  I would rather wait 2 minutes for a match than be bottom tier in a 3-tier match.

 I whole-heartedly agree on the elimination of the three-tier garbage problem, so this needs to be gone for good, period.



YANKEE137 #11 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 18:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13834 battles
  • 6,381
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
They seem to be saying that the 3-5-7 worked well enough with the 2016 server pop, but now the server pop is skewed towards a lot more tier tens looking for games.

Nunya_000 #12 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 21138 battles
  • 13,771
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 09:03, said:

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

But they are only now acting like they are fixing the game since there money is walking away to other company's. 

 

So....you want players to sit in queue longer just because they are good at this game?  'Cause that is what will happen, since there are few Unicums in this game.  Waiting for the queue to have enough other Unicums to build 2 teams......and that just happen to be playing the correct tier and type of tank will likely take awhile.

Tolos #13 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:05

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,297
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010
No fix will work, because the problem is certain players mindset. The MM could be totally and utterly perfect and certain sections of the player base would STILL whine about it, blame it and say its broken. 

_Tsavo_ #14 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:07

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45448 battles
  • 19,342
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

I still think templates need to go the way of the dodo, adhere to the balance of equal tier counts, but ditch the templates.  Variety is good.  Just as long as that variety doesn't include 3 tier tens versus 10 tier tens, which was the huge complaint.

 

 



_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #15 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22714 battles
  • 219
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE
  • Member since:
    03-11-2013

View PostNunya_000, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:00, said:

 

So....you want players to sit in queue longer just because they are good at this game?  'Cause that is what will happen, since there are few Unicums in this game.  Waiting for the queue to have enough other Unicums to build 2 teams......and that just happen to be playing the correct tier and type of tank will likely take awhile.

 

We are all good at the game, as far as waiting in queue longer if that is what it takes that is what it takes, As far as being better then me I can hold my own TY much, 

I have had friends come and play this game and leave after a few days weeks since they get to play on teams full of low % players fighting high % players, So in there eyes game is not fun.

As far as wait time I play other games that are set up to play players of same stats and it is fun and you need skills to play, not like this game set up for a more skilled player to fight less skilled players.



Devildog8 #16 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 11075 battles
  • 7,566
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:05, said:

No fix will work, because the problem is certain players mindset. The MM could be totally and utterly perfect and certain sections of the player base would STILL whine about it, blame it and say its broken. 

 

Gamers and whining go hand in hand dont it....you will never get rid of the whiners 

Tolos #17 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:12

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,297
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View PostDevildog8, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:10, said:

 

Gamers and whining go hand in hand dont it....you will never get rid of the whiners 

 

Oh I completely agree. My point is for years, certain sections of the player base have blamed the MM for them losing, even if the MM was perfect they would STILL blame it. 

Devildog8 #18 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 11075 battles
  • 7,566
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:12, said:

 

Oh I completely agree. My point is for years, certain sections of the player base have blamed the MM for them losing, even if the MM was perfect they would STILL blame it. 

 

But of course :)

Tolos #19 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:13

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,297
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:10, said:

 

We are all good at the game, as far as waiting in queue longer if that is what it takes that is what it takes, As far as being better then me I can hold my own TY much, 

I have had friends come and play this game and leave after a few days weeks since they get to play on teams full of low % players fighting high % players, So in there eyes game is not fun.

As far as wait time I play other games that are set up to play players of same stats and it is fun and you need skills to play, not like this game set up for a more skilled player to fight less skilled players.

 

No we are NOT all good at the game. That's half the point. 

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #20 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:17

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22714 battles
  • 219
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE
  • Member since:
    03-11-2013

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:13, said:

 

No we are NOT all good at the game. That's half the point. 

 

Then take the game and make it player % fighting player % till they get better.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users