Incoming! Dev Diaries featuring Matchmaker.

KRZY MM MatchMaker Match Maker Damn you WG

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

delabuxx2xx #101 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 13:00

Private

• Players
  • 16589 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

Wg,

I know people will be bEtching until the end of time but this news gives me a very small but very bright glimmer of hope for the game's future. Thank you so much for putting in effort to remedy the game that has the potential to be awesome :)

SpectreHD #102 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 15:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16848 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostTolos, on Feb 08 2019 - 02:35, said:

Problem for WG is adding a +/-1 MM would mean they would have to go through nearly every tank in game re-balancing them for the new template, and as we know, WG doesn't like doing THAT much work lol. 

I don't think that will happen nor that it is a factor. WG didn't do any large rebalances when -+4MM went to -+3 and then to -+2. WG has and always balance within the same tier. At no point was an M4 Sherman competitive at Tier 9.

View PostNunya_000, on Feb 08 2019 - 02:56, said:

1. FACT: Many players will not play this game for long if queue times are long.  This has been mentioned (proven?) many times as to why Armored Warfare is not very popular.

Sorry but what evidence do you have to balance this "fact"? I have seen more players stating they would gladly wait 10-30 seconds if it means better matchmaking. I have not once seen anyone voice discontent for having to wait 5 seconds.

So really, you have nothing to prove that fact. But players have posted that they are willing to wait up to 30 seconds. And if anyone cannot wait even 30 seconds, they have issues to deal with.

Armored Warfare is not proof. The long wait times were the result of many missteps in the game's development causing players to leave. For WoT, I somehow cannot see waiting 5-10 seconds will cause players to leave.

View Postmoogleslam, on Feb 08 2019 - 04:26, said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Even with skill based match making, there will always be 15-1 and 1-15 battles.  It's inevitable because of the snowball effect.

We already have Skill Based Matchmaking with Ranked Battles, and there's still blow outs all the time, which is proof that it makes little difference.

Yes, there will always be snowballs. That doesn't mean nothing should be done. At the very least increase the time it take for such things to happen.

But I do not think it has anything to do with matchmaking. My theory is that it has more to do with balance namely the one vehicle class that could slow it down cannot do so anymore. So for me, the fact that heavy tanks aren't as durable as they used to be. And if anyone knows me, I attribute it to premium ammo and its negative effect on balance which I believe directly resulted in the overarmouring in the last 3 years which does not help the balance of the game. Not only heavies are affected, some tanks which are not heavily armoured but on specific parts of not very armoured tanks which are armoured or have good armour angles suddenly cannot bounce.

Which is why I believe skill based MM did not "work" in Ranked battles. Everyone and their Radioman is shooting premium ammo especially during the later stages of the ranked battle event.

As for the whole MM discussion. It is not specifically 3/5/7 templates is the issue. It is the fact that tanks of a specific tier, like Tier 8, are most of the time the 7 in 3/5/7. WG can alleviate this problem by just making so that Tier 8s are not the 7 most of the time. It is not rocket science.

Sure, I get that 3/5/7 works well on the RU server since they have the population. Well, at least I think it works but if WG is making MM changes, that must mean the RU server is complaining too because Minsk totally listens to the NA server. But the EU server does have the population and many of the EU CCs are complaining about it too. But I digress. 

WG can add in all the other templates but the main focus is to not constantly being bottom tier most of the time. Furthermore, the MM can benefit if Tier Xs played mostly with themselves or Tier 9s. This can help in not snatching Tier 8s to make the 7 of 3/5/7.

Edited by SpectreHD, Feb 08 2019 - 16:07.

ImFairlyLocal #103 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 17:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 19366 battles
  • [KON] KON
and as i read this lmbo  they really think it the tank match up get it together its win u enter a battle and out 15 players on one  team 7 have personal ratings above 7k and on other they have nothing over 4k personal rating is just outrageous honestly wargaming get together its no fun to be ran over or be on same team its just no fun no competition. which means games aren't games there just being meat for the unicoms which honestly beside boosting there egos or ratings what fun is it when there is no competition then again after being on some of the teams with these unicom and there comments towards rest of teams competition isn't what they want. since ive been actually playing the last 3 or 4 years ive never once seen where it was unicom against unicom never, maybe before i started u might have had it right but since ive here total failure        But so you know you honestly have us in belief the unicoms are all that matters to you anymore wow they play so well lol feed those wolves 

Edited by ImFairlyLocal, Feb 08 2019 - 17:36.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #104 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 17:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22744 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View Postdelabuxx2xx, on Feb 08 2019 - 04:56, said:

you sir are not a smart man. Unicums wrecking other players is right now the least of WGs problems. It IS a problem but right now most people are leaving due to MM, Arty and premium shells/Super heavy meta.  The chances of you running into a unicum platoon at anything other than tier 10 right now is super low due to unicums and bluenicums know how horrible platooning is for any tiers lower than tier 10 and 9... If you didn't know that then it only shows how little you understand WOT. Furthermore unicums really aren't that much better than the rest of us they are just more CONSISTENT.  I have unicum status in many of the tanks I play but not all of them and 2/10 matches I tend to die without any damage so my overall recent WN8 is around 2000 (my overall acount wn8 is around 1500 because I was a very bad player once and I dont believe in rerolling)

You sir need to play more or another game, Iv ran into unicorn platoons all the way down to T4.

So just more gibberish from a MOOT.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #105 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 17:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22744 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostDraconX3, on Feb 07 2019 - 17:51, said:

Literally the dumbest comment on this entire thread.

So by his logic, people who are good at this game should be punished for being good at the game LOL.

These changes are much needed and welcome by the people that care about the game for real. 

The rest are as pointless as they sound.

Much like you being unable to think to sir. The MM could have been years ago and as far as unicorns fighting unicorns its funny in other games you fight players of same skills but not here why is that O since you don't need skills to play.

Revenge0fTheNerds #106 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 18:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 19013 battles
I think it's time that you tell people here the truth as to why you won't try +1/-1 matchmaking.  You keep doing these minor tweaks that are not really that great at all guys.  Have you listened to the community? mmmmm not really... until you put it to test and let the players try it out it will be difficult actually to believe you are trying to improve the game.

Edited by Revenge0fTheNerds, Feb 08 2019 - 18:06.

NormanBaites #107 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 19:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 56126 battles

looking at the 'current' statistics for tier 8 battles ... it appears that playing tier 8 you should be top tier around 30% of the time .... DON'T I WISH .... I can play tier 8 prem an entire day and only have a handful (5 or less) games where I am top tier .... Hell .... If I could get the MM they claim already exist for tier 8 in this article then I'd be happy. 

I'm on NA btw ... perhaps our tier 8 MM is crappier than that of EU RU ?

NormanBaites #108 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 19:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 56126 battles

View PostDraconX3, on Feb 08 2019 - 01:51, said:

Literally the dumbest comment on this entire thread.

So by his logic, people who are good at this game should be punished for being good at the game LOL.

These changes are much needed and welcome by the people that care about the game for real. 

The rest are as pointless as they sound.

I don't see how having to play other players of similar skill level is punishment .... and don't worry if that were to happen you'd do much better !

ez_money #109 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 20:31

Captain

• Players
  • 15818 battles

I will join all of those in this thread calling for +1/-1 MM...that has always been my mantra since Day 1, and I honestly don't understand why WG haven't already set up their templates to accommodate it. Played three battles last night working on Day 2 of Operation Avenger:

-Battle #1: Played a Tier 7 tank; was middle tier in a 3-5-7 battle. Result: I was #1 in XP and #1 in damage

-Battle #2: Played a Tier 8 tank; was bottom tier in a 3-5-7 battle. Result: I barely snuck in as #10 in XP and was last in damage

-Battle #3: Played a Tier 8 tank; was bottom tier in a 3-3-9 battle with super-unicum platoons on each team. Result: I just barely eked out #10 in XP and #12 in damage

They were all victories so I completed the mission, but not a whole lot of fun in the 2nd and 3rd battles. Although there are certain vehicles that can complete pretty well with tanks two tiers higher, they are mostly limited to TD's and SPG's. I also agree with one post that pointed out that Tier 9 is now a sweet spot, since you are guaranteed to never be more that one tier lower than the highest tier in the battle. If I weren't grinding out lower tiers in different nations, I would probably spend the vast majority of my time playing Tier 9/10 and premium vehicles with preferred MM.

Nunya_000 #110 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostSpectreHD, on Feb 08 2019 - 06:58, said:

Sorry but what evidence do you have to balance this "fact"? I have seen more players stating they would gladly wait 10-30 seconds if it means better matchmaking. I have not once seen anyone voice discontent for having to wait 5 seconds.

So really, you have nothing to prove that fact. But players have posted that they are willing to wait up to 30 seconds. And if anyone cannot wait even 30 seconds, they have issues to deal with.

Armored Warfare is not proof. The long wait times were the result of many missteps in the game's development causing players to leave. For WoT, I somehow cannot see waiting 5-10 seconds will cause players to leave.

Well, I did say "many" (not "all"...or even "most" )....and "many" people on this forum have said queue times are very important to them.  Also, "many" people have said that the long queue times in AW are the main reason why they stopped playing it.

I understand that some people have no issue with longer queue times......unfortunately, I'm not one of them.  I play computer games for entertainment....and the amount of time I can devote to my entertainment is limited.  While I would likely be ok with any queue times under 30 seconds, I would not play for long in queue times were regularly 1 minute or more.

In an hour on playing WOT, I can usually get in about 10 battles.  In those 10 battles, I currently have to wait probably an average of 30 seconds in queue and then wait through a 30 second countdown.  That is about 1 minute per battle that I am not playing.....or 10 minutes out of 60 minutes.  Adding another 30 seconds means I will lose a total of 15 minutes out of every hour of playing time....or 1/4 of my entertainment time.  If I am losing that much time, I would rather play another game for my entertainment than spend 1/4 of my time watching a clock tick.    

Tolos #111 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 20:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 08 2019 - 16:24, said:

Much like you being unable to think to sir. The MM could have been years ago and as far as unicorns fighting unicorns its funny in other games you fight players of same skills but not here why is that O since you don't need skills to play.

Not going to lie, this gave me a giggle. 

mjd001 #112 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 00:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34099 battles
I got a good idea! Stop sabotaging the game with OP premium tanks driven by people who just heard of WoT yesterday!

GschultzG #113 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 04:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 42175 battles
  • [VENUM] VENUM
Player rating will never be included. "top players" need plenty of cupcakes to keep their stats up.   A 1 or 2 tier spread would help. Also why not eliminate all mods and have people play the game as designed. That would be an excellent first and second step, then work in player ratings. (If you really want the game to be enjoyable for all levels of players.). 

Edited by GschultzG, Feb 09 2019 - 04:31.

brakenb #114 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 07:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 11567 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Plus one matchmaking is the way to go,,,,

rhinohide_xXx #115 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 12:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 24844 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

... what happened to the WG devs picking out my post and praising me for my brilliant ideas?  :sceptic:    Hey Devs, it's on page 5 ...

I also agree with part of Nunya, I hate waiting the 30 second timer when the game starts.  Its an ETERNITY, and almost always everyone is IN the game by the time 10 secs have elapsed.  Most people have fast enough computers that 15 secs would be the max necessary. 

BoHarper #116 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 19:13

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 50554 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Your match making sucks! Tanks may be equals but the players are not. Team are usually one good team and one bad team. Also get rid of two tier difference. It sucks! No one wants to play a tier 10 if you're in a tier 8 even if there's only 3 of them

Sully83 #117 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 19:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44488 battles
  • [3ITSA] 3ITSA
:popcorn:

Pedro_1978 #118 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 16:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 20844 battles
  • [LB_QC] LB_QC

Hi,

I think is very important to always work on the mm to be better. From almost 18K played games I have few ideas can help MM be better this is my opinion! Matching is not just match tier and similar tank (td, light, spg, med, heavy).

The order of the priority the mm 

• Need consider number of game played by the player (more you play better supose the player are) 
  • Same tier can be very interessting or two tier not three
  • Personal Rating or WN8 can be a really good idea
  • Quality of tank and crew
    • Is the tank is elite. 
    • How many games palyed with this tank.
    • Crew experiences.

I know I'm not the only who eperience this but when you got xvm you can predic the result of the battle. I think is a good idea to look at it

Thnaks to keep working on the game to be better!

Edited by Pedro_1978, Feb 11 2019 - 16:23.

InsanityHouse #119 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 03:46

Private

• Players
  • 18169 battles
  • [_GOW_] _GOW_

View PostGarandster, on Feb 07 2019 - 17:25, said:

Mom!! It's not fair playing a game where someone with skill is better than me, where is my participation award?

Seriously Unicums are not running around pubbie matches and ruining the game because they are more skilled then you, there are WAY more tomatoes out there that could effect the outcome of a game than unicums.

Frankly the problem isn't that there are highly skilled players in the mix.  The problem is that the teams so often get seriously stacked for one side.  I would say it deosn't take PR (or Win8) into account when building teams but I don't think they could be stacked as bad as they get without it doing something screwy.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #120 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 37049 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostBacon_Tanks, on Feb 08 2019 - 02:13, said:

I hope they throw this new MM on the server ASAP and get it to us quick! Maybe we will be lucky and be the server they test it on! Because the article says they will be testing it further on a live server.:)

It's been tested for MONTHS now on the SEA server.  It's ready, people on SEA LOVE it.  The problem is, I THINK....is that WG feels the MM is too lenient and isn't frustrating enough to make people want to up tier.  "Too many" same tier and -1/+1 and WG thinks they won't want to go up the tiers as much.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users