Incoming! Dev Diaries featuring Matchmaker.

KRZY MM MatchMaker Match Maker Damn you WG

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #21 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 14:03, said:

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

SBMM is bad for Random Battles... and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

Anyone can be on the "bad" team less often by simply improving their own playing abilities.

Tolos #22 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:17, said:

Then take the game and make it player % fighting player % till they get better.

So then the good players sit in the queues for Christ knows how long ?. Just so terrible players can feel better about being terrible ?. 

GeorgePreddy #23 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostBenchPCS, on Feb 07 2019 - 14:17, said:

Eliminate 3-tier matches or at least place them at the lowest possible priority.  I would rather wait 2 minutes for a match than be bottom tier in a 3-tier match.

Most players don't want to wait at all and definitely don't want a queue time longer than 30 seconds.

pg12_1 #24 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35334 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I am glad that they are starting to change the mm but I feel that +1  -1 matchmaking would be a very good idea.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #25 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22747 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:25, said:

So then the good players sit in the queues for Christ knows how long ?. Just so terrible players can feel better about being terrible ?. 

Like I said I play games where its player % fighting player % and its fun and wait time is less then a 30 secs, So Im sure if other games can do it WG can do it too and stop coming up with we try make game fair crap.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #26 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22747 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:23, said:

SBMM is bad for Random Battles... and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

Anyone can be on the "bad" team less often by simply improving their own playing abilities.

SURE SURE.

Tolos #27 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Postpg12_1, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:30, said:

I am glad that they are starting to change the mm but I feel that +1  -1 matchmaking would be a very good idea.

Problem for WG is adding a +/-1 MM would mean they would have to go through nearly every tank in game re-balancing them for the new template, and as we know, WG doesn't like doing THAT much work lol. 

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #28 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22747 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:35, said:

Problem for WG is adding a +/-1 MM would mean they would have to go through nearly every tank in game re-balancing them for the new template, and as we know, WG doesn't like doing THAT much work lol. 

Or any other kind of work past hot fix for stuff they already have in game.

Tolos #29 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:34, said:

Like I said I play games where its player % fighting player % and its fun and wait time is less then a 30 secs, So Im sure if other games can do it WG can do it too and stop coming up with we try make game fair crap.

And like I said. Then the top players in the game will be waiting Christ knows how long for a game. What you say is fine for the masses of players at 45%-50%, what about the players at 60% and over ?. As you went up in WR the queue times would grow MASSIVELY. 

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #30 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22747 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:37, said:

And like I said. Then the top players in the game will be waiting Christ knows how long for a game. What you say is fine for the masses of players at 45%-50%, what about the players at 60% and over ?. As you went up in WR the queue times would grow MASSIVELY. 

Not at all if they have the numbers they claim to have, Its funny on the RU server I play with same stats players all the time only here on NA server is it bad.

BigDollarBillz #31 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 13:10, said:

We are all good at the game, as far as waiting in queue longer if that is what it takes that is what it takes, As far as being better then me I can hold my own TY much, 

I have had friends come and play this game and leave after a few days weeks since they get to play on teams full of low % players fighting high % players, So in there eyes game is not fun.

As far as wait time I play other games that are set up to play players of same stats and it is fun and you need skills to play, not like this game set up for a more skilled player to fight less skilled players.

Just like my stats, your stats determined that you can hold your own as fake news. Neither you or me are good at the game. You talk about new players leaving the game because of facing more experienced players. Well you are part of the reason they leave. But keep playing arty and believing that you're good at the game and knows what is best for the game. I'll stick with what the good players think, because they know what they are talking about.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #32 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22747 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:41, said:

Just like my stats, your stats determined that you can hold your own as fake news. Neither you or me are good at the game. You talk about new players leaving the game because of facing more experienced players. Well you are part of the reason they leave. But keep playing arty and believing that you're good at the game and knows what is best for the game. I'll stick with what the good players think, because they know what they are talking about.

Please really try trolling someone else.

Tolos #33 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:40, said:

Not at all if they have the numbers they claim to have, Its funny on the RU server I play with same stats players all the time only here on NA server is it bad.

On the RU server they might have the numbers, on the EU server the might, on the NA server they DONT. Its not hard to work out mate. 

enjineer #34 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46186 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 13:17, said:

Then take the game and make it player % fighting player % till they get better.

Fighting against equal or lower skill players isn't going to make you a better player.

Bolted_On #35 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64117 battles
  • [SFL] SFL
I retired after 42 yeas as a programmer, and I just had to laugh all the way through this video.  That was the biggest bunch of techno-babble I've heard in a long time, those guys in the video are so clueless.   If that's actually part of the dev team, then no wonder nothing ever gets fixed. 

Tolos #36 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostBolted_On, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:45, said:

I retired after 42 yeas as a programmer, and I just had to laugh all the way through this video.  That was the biggest bunch of techno-babble I've heard in a long time, those guys in the video are so clueless.   If that's actually part of the dev team, then no wonder nothing ever gets fixed. 

Then why dont you design one for them ?. If they are so clueless, should be easy, right ?. 

BigDollarBillz #37 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:48

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 13:42, said:

Please really try trolling someone else.

So when someone speaks the truth and you don't like it. It's counted as someone trying to be a troll. Well I don't like trolls, but I do speak the truth. If you actually think you're good at the game, then let me sell you some ocean front property in Arizona.

anonym_3UfZySexsvBL #38 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

1. Top tier tanks fill 1/3 of the list (at least 5).

2. Consider players' ratings in according to PR. At least divide players who try to play well.

13Disciple #39 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24211 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:54, said:

Still a work in progress, but I feel they outlined a majority of pain points for the Community with a plan to address them. What do you think?

I'm glad to see the Dev's are still working on one of the biggest pain points of players today. I don't mind so much facing +2 tiers, I just wish it was less often. So the new MM changes have me intrigued. I think the MM should try to place tankers in +1 and -1 matches first. Then failing that look at same tier, then failing that look at 3 tier. 

Also in my perfect world I'd see arty restricted to 2 per side in random MM. Or at least hide the enemy player names/clans/stats until after battle reports.

Just glad to see the devs listen to the player base! On that note WHERE ARE MY ANTENNA PHYSICS!?

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:03, said:

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

But they are only now acting like they are fixing the game since there money is walking away to other company's. 

There is a lot to unpack with this one. I'm not sure what you mean about 'uber mod stats'. I would like to see the game hide enemy players names/stats until the after battle report. I do somewhat agree that the MM could be improved if it attempted to even out the skilled players. If 4 skilled players are in queue, it should put 2 on one side and 2 on the other. The issue is it's not easy to measure player skill. If they did attempt to do that, it's likely players would manipulate their own games to impact their mm. I personally think if you go into a match with out knowing who is on the other team you'll see a lot less complaining about this. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I see skilled players, I don't stand a chance, what do you know we lost?

I was bad at this game and it took me years to get better. It's something that can be learned. And to start with I never saw skilled players and thought it's a loss. I saw them and said I now can prove myself! When I lost those duels I'd learn from it. It's why I stream - to help people get better. It's why I write my guides to help people get better. It's no fun to play against people that are better at the game, so instead of telling us to get rid of them, or make them play in their own box because they put in the effort to learn the game, maybe it's the player base that should put in the effort to get better as well?

Most players with fantastic stats don't have any inherent advantage over the player base. They are just able to use the game mechanics, read the map, and anticipate outcome and set themselves up to benefit from it.

Captain_Obvious65 #40 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11315 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostNecrolegion, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:35, said:

This doesn't address the issue at all!

I mean seriously Wargaming! The problem is +2 MM. We want +1 at most. All you are doing is introducing more +2 MM variations. Now instead of potentially only seeing THREE +2 Tier tanks, you can now see up to FIVE!!!

You community has been screaming +1/-1 for years and you are like "Okay comrade we will introduce 3-5-7!" which pisses off your playerbase as we're bottom tier 80% of the time. 

ONCE AGAIN WE ALL WANT AT THE MAX +1/-1 MM. WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE TANKS TWO TIERS HIGHER THAN US!!!!

In all honesty fudge the queue times. I'd much rather wait a few more seconds or minutes to get a match with +1/-1 than to be a useless brick in +2 MM. Please take your "New & Improved" MM template and shove it up your chimney and just let it burn cuz we don't want that crap.

Nailed the problem. Going to a 1 tier split will not drive cue times way up. It might increase them by 10 or 15 seconds but I can live with that. 

People think camping is bad now wait until 5 tier 8s see 5 tier tens facing them. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users