Incoming! Dev Diaries featuring Matchmaker.

KRZY MM MatchMaker Match Maker Damn you WG

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #41 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:48, said:

So when someone speaks the truth and you don't like it. It's counted as someone trying to be a troll. Well I don't like trolls, but I do speak the truth. If you actually think you're good at the game, then let me sell you some ocean front property in Arizona.

Truth what truth?

I like playing Arty and that BAD right?

Sure the only truth you said was keep playing arty.

So go back and try again.

BigDollarBillz #42 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 38750 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostBolted_On, on Feb 07 2019 - 13:45, said:

I retired after 42 yeas as a programmer, and I just had to laugh all the way through this video.  That was the biggest bunch of techno-babble I've heard in a long time, those guys in the video are so clueless.   If that's actually part of the dev team, then no wonder nothing ever gets fixed. 

What games did you play that you were considered a pro? I played Battlefield 2142 competitively, played some cod competitively as well. But I never considered myself to be a pro. I never won any money but did often win mouses, key boards, vid cards, games, etc. Then I had a stroke and haven't played competitively since. But if it is so easy to design a game, then maybe apply for a job with WG and fix all the issues. Because I really like this game, but have no idea how to fix matchmaker.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #43 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

There is a lot to unpack with this one. I'm not sure what you mean about 'uber mod stats'. I would like to see the game hide enemy players names/stats until the after battle report. I do somewhat agree that the MM could be improved if it attempted to even out the skilled players. If 4 skilled players are in queue, it should put 2 on one side and 2 on the other. The issue is it's not easy to measure player skill. If they did attempt to do that, it's likely players would manipulate their own games to impact their mm. I personally think if you go into a match with out knowing who is on the other team you'll see a lot less complaining about this. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I see skilled players, I don't stand a chance, what do you know we lost?

So True 13Disciple Iv seen players just run out and get killed saying another tomato team. I agree that if they hid all players stats even after game then there would be a lot more just game play.

Nunya_000 #44 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 10:10, said:

We are all good at the game, as far as waiting in queue longer if that is what it takes that is what it takes, As far as being better then me I can hold my own TY much, 

I have had friends come and play this game and leave after a few days weeks since they get to play on teams full of low % players fighting high % players, So in there eyes game is not fun.

As far as wait time I play other games that are set up to play players of same stats and it is fun and you need skills to play, not like this game set up for a more skilled player to fight less skilled players.

I don't believe you are thinking this through.

First off, we are all NOT good at this game.  Some people are very poor at this game.....and some people are certainly better.  If you do not agree with this than your whole argument is moot.

Second, I never mentioned your skill at all, so any argument about whether you "hold your own" or any comparison of my skill (or lack thereof)  and your skill in also moot.

However, in regard to the better players being isolated into their own battles, let me give you a scenario.

1. FACT: Many players will not play this game for long if queue times are long.  This has been mentioned (proven?) many times as to why Armored Warfare is not very popular.

2. So, better player get isolated and have longer queue times.

3. They get discouraged and stop playing.

4. The average players will become the new group of "better players"

5. Who are added to the "isolated" group.

6. And get discouraged about the long queue times and stop playing.

Pretty soon, your system has chased numerous players away....revenue decreases....game is no longer viable. 

Tolos #45 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:54, said:

So True 13Disciple Iv seen players just run out and get killed saying another tomato team. I agree that if they hid all players stats even after game then there would be a lot more just game play.

You couldn't possibly know that.

People would still play like trash and people would still rush out and die because " omg they have BULBA/OTTER/-G- players " and its ' unfair ' to fight them. 

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #46 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostNunya_000, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:56, said:

I don't believe you are thinking this through.

First off, we are all NOT good at this game.  Some people are very poor at this game.....and some people are certainly better.  If you do not agree with this than your whole argument is moot.

Second, I never mentioned your skill at all, so any argument about whether you "hold your own" or any comparison of my skill (or lack thereof)  and your skill in also moot.

However, in regard to the better players being isolated into their own battles, let me give you a scenario.

1. FACT: Many players will not play this game for long if queue times are long.  This has been mentioned (proven?) many times as to why Armored Warfare is not very popular.

Pretty soon, your system has chased numerous players away....revenue decreases....game is no longer viable. 

And all you just said is moot.

Tolos #47 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:58, said:

And all you just said is moot.

Why, because he just smashed your argument ?. 

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #48 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:58, said:

You couldn't possibly know that.

People would still play like trash and people would still rush out and die because " omg they have BULBA/OTTER/-G- players " and its ' unfair ' to fight them. 

True True, Iv seen them do that sine they have XVM and it says team is at 30-40% chance to win, and yes some people will just run out and get killed since -G- Yolo youjo or some other top clan is in game,

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #49 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostTolos, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:00, said:

Why, because he just smashed your argument ?. 

O man please go find some thing else to read.

BabA_YA6A #50 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:04

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 08 2019 - 00:54, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies!

Check out our new Developer diary video featuring Matchmaker. 

Still a work in progress, but I feel they outlined a majority of pain points for the Community with a plan to address them. What do you think?

The six month which mentioned wargaming are long come and gone.

On the seventh month we get an update...REALLY...Smile_sceptic.gif

Instead we got a bunch of unneeded and useless stuff in the game.

Many clanmates and friends in the game including myself don't play any more pubs because of the utter horse manure 3-5-7 MM. 

PS. The Product Manager of wargaming Alexey Ilyin mentioned himself that the matchmaker is one of the most important components of the game. I really must wonder what is taking so long to fix it!!!

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #51 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

Yeah comparing AW to WOTs like comparing apples to oranges MOOOT 

Not if the supposed numbers are there MOOT.

Not at all only if they can no longer kill half the tomato team will they leave.MOOT

New players for the better players. MOOT

All ready MOOT.

Not if they become the new Better players, So MOOT too.

Now you try thinking it through. 

Butcher_Bay #52 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9824 battles
I hope they throw this new MM on the server ASAP and get it to us quick! Maybe we will be lucky and be the server they test it on! Because the article says they will be testing it further on a live server.:)

Edited by Bacon_Tanks, Feb 07 2019 - 20:17.

Gothraul #53 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 2362 battles

Tolos #54 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 19:01, said:

O man please go find some thing else to read.

Because you cannot counter anything i'm saying with any kind of logic, I should read something else ?. 

Nunya_000 #55 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:19

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:10, said:

Yeah comparing AW to WOTs like comparing apples to oranges MOOOT 

Not if the supposed numbers are there MOOT.

Not at all only if they can no longer kill half the tomato team will they leave.MOOT

New players for the better players. MOOT

All ready MOOT.

Not if they become the new Better players, So MOOT too.

Now you try thinking it through. 

Lol.....just because you can not grasp the concept, that does not make it moot.

Tell you what, Skippy.  If you are disappointed that new/poor players have to participate in battles with good players, then I suspect you will continue to be disappointed.  I doubt if WG will ever segregate players in Random Battles, based on skill.  They might go with a system where there is an equal number of "skilled" players on both teams, but I suspect that is even unlikely to happen as well.

BabA_YA6A #56 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:22

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 08 2019 - 01:03, said:

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

But they are only now acting like they are fixing the game since there money is walking away to other company's. 

Pick up the pace and carry (at least your sorry butt).

SlappedbyRommel #57 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9246 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostGarandster, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:25, said:

Mom!! It's not fair playing a game where someone with skill is better than me, where is my participation award?

Seriously Unicums are not running around pubbie matches and ruining the game because they are more skilled then you, there are WAY more tomatoes out there that could effect the outcome of a game than unicums.

Hold on a minute I agree about unicoms and 3 tier spreads as a newer player how the hell can you get better when you are bottom tier 80 to 90 percent of the time and play against people when you are T4 and they decide to play T6 they are at the top you are at the bottom with an games played 20 K and above  - sorry I don't live for this game but enjoy it plus I don't . Seen way too many games like this I even play with decent players and they say the same thing there is a problem not just this player is better than others but the stat padders love feeding on guppies. To get a Tomato to get better you need a chance and don't say watch all the YouTube vids etc some of the info is good but the game has changed where normal vids from 2 years ago is not as relevant now as then. Using xvm you can see how many games players have played there is no reason for a 40K purple player to be in a T4 game as much as it is a 7K red/orange player to be in T10 game the two just don't sync imho.

13Disciple #58 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24165 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostBacon_Tanks, on Feb 07 2019 - 14:13, said:

I hope they throw this new MM on the server ASAP and get it to us quick! Maybe we will be lucky and be the server they test it on! Because the article says they will be testing it further on a live server.:)

The video says they selected one of the RU cluster servers to test it on next. After that they will iterate until they are happy, then roll out to the rest of the servers.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #59 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostNunya_000, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:19, said:

Lol.....just because you can not grasp the concept, that does not make it moot.

Tell you what, Skippy.  If you are disappointed that new/poor players have to participate in battles with good players, then I suspect you will continue to be disappointed.  I doubt if WG will ever segregate players in Random Battles, based on skill.  They might go with a system where there is an equal number of "skilled" players on both teams, but I suspect that is even unlikely to happen as well.

Skippy so cute of you. :)

And your still MOOOOOOT in so many ways.

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #60 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:22, said:

Pick up the pace and carry (at least your sorry butt).

Cute real cute, Now what you have to say TROLL nothing really.

And don't drink piss water and I do love grill cheese so yeah Ill take the cheese and you can keep the water for you and yours, 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users