Incoming! Dev Diaries featuring Matchmaker.

KRZY MM MatchMaker Match Maker Damn you WG

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

DraconusRex33 #81 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 23:27

Private

• Players
  • 44580 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
The best mm I have seen wargaming do is in blitz where it is one step +/- tier 6 tanks are underpowered against 8's and 8's are underpowered against tens.ect.80 percent of pub matches you are in an underpowered tank which makes it difficult to advance or make credits .In the blitz mm it is more balanced and more fun to play.The other thing is allowing arty to platoon needs to be restored with a limit of 2 arty in one platoon. 

Liberty75 #82 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 23:37

Captain

• Players
  • 46678 battles

They ultimately should just allow for any team setup templates - 1/1/13 to 13/1/1 and everything in-between, including two and single tier matches. That is the best way to even out top, middle, and bottom tier battles and provide the most variety and best experience for players overall.

Liberty75 #83 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 23:37

Captain

• Players
  • 46678 battles

SOLUTION to the MM:

To create a better matchmaker, I would put forth the following.

Revert back to a random matchmaker, such as existed before the 9.18 Update, that includes vehicles from a 3 tier group of tanks (example: tiers 5, 6, and 7 would be gathered together for a battle) and uses some sort of weight or identifier system to place tanks evenly on teams, with a few extra restrictions on the MM for lower tiers.

Included in this system would be mechanisms to ensure that:

1. teams would have the same amount of tanks per tier of top, middle, and bottom;
  2. teams would have similar amounts of tank types per each tier with a +1/-1 differential, and a +1/-1 differential per team overall. This means the same amount of TDs, Mediums, etc., with one difference allowed;
  3. platoons will be placed as close to the same tier level as possible when teams are created or the inferior team will get two (2) lower tier level platoons to counter a top tier platoon on the enemy team;
  4. tanks of similar attributes will be identified with each other in the weight/identifier database and placed evenly on both teams at the same tier level (for example, autoloader mediums will be identified as a medium AND an autoloader so each team has them placed evenly);
  5. the MM will attempt to create all Tier I tank battles first, and only have up to six (6) Tier II tanks per match if it cannot create an all the same tier battle;
  6. Tier II and Tier III tanks have +1/-1 matchmaking;
  7. matches will have no fewer than 3 bottom tier tanks.

** An option in the Settings panel above Grand Battles will allow players to have the MM try to create all same tier matches for them before placing them in a normal battle.

Since the previous MM was a random system with some of the currently proposed options, it is realistic to believe that this is possible to be developed by WG. This system takes the rich variety and balance in top, middle, and bottom tier matches and combines them with the balancing factors introduced in the current MM. Some of the general balancing factors are that teams would be created with the same amount of tanks per tier and tank types would be similar on each team. The +1/-1 differential in tank types is for more possible variety in matches that some players enjoy and also to maintain a speedy match creation while at the same time making sure that teams are pretty evenly laid out against each other. Platoons would also be distributed as evenly as possible or a team will be compensated to ward off advantages a top tier platoon may have over a bottom tier platoon.

The weight system or tank database identifier system (for lack of better terms) would be a three (3) level system. Tanks would be identified:

• First by TIER,
  • Second by CLASS, and
  • Third by CHARACTERISTICS within its class.

Tanks would be pulled for matches based on these identifiers in the order listed above. It could even be tailored to have tanks of different class, but similar characteristics, having the same identifier to pull them as secondary choices on opposing teams. For example, the AMX 50 B and the TVP 50/51 are both autoloaders and could be used to fill that +1/-1 differential in class if available to keep the teams as close as possible.

How would this look? The MM would first look for tanks of the same tier, let's say tier 10. Then it would look to match up tanks by class within that tier 10 match, for example it would pull in Heavies. And then in the available Heavies, it would look for autoloader Heavies. In the game you would see a T57 Heavy on one team and the AMX 50B on the other team.

Overall, here is an example of how a match may look:

GREEN TEAM                                             RED TEAM

Maus                                                            Type 5 Heavy

AMX 50B                                                       T57 Heavy

Obj. 62a       (Platoon 1)                               Obj. 140

B-C 25t         (Platoon 1)                               TVP 50/51

Skoda 50t                                                      AMX 50 120      

Tortoise                                                         T95

AMX 30                                                          E 50          (Platoon 1)

WZ-120                                                         T-54           (Platoon 1)

T49                                                                Ru 251

IS-3                                                               IS-3            (Platoon 2)

T34                                                               Tiger II        (Platoon 2)

Ferdinand                                                     SU-101

Pershing                                                        T28           (Platoon 2)

T-44-100                                                       STA-2

WZ-132                                                         LTTB

Shanen1 #84 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 00:02

Private

• Players
  • 10865 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2

View PostDeton8tor, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:32, said:

The changes to the vehicle type matchup have been well done IMO.  This avoids, for example, 4 meds fighting 4 TDs (I love meds but really not fun fighting 4 Jagzillas working together).  The tier mm needs to progress to the next level.  Have you tested 2 tier (+/- 1 tier) matchmaking?  Just as the game progression has allowed the move from 5 tier mm to 3 tier mm, it is now time to move to 2 tier mm.  The video said it - bottom tier vehicles in 3 tier mm cannot realistically fight the top tier vehicles.  While still disadvantaged, all tanks can realistically fight a tank 1 tier higher.  I would happily fight tanks 1 tier higher more often to avoid having to fight tanks 2 tiers higher.  Why do you think the queue has changed with so many more tier 9s being played?  Player behavior has changed in response to mm.  It's the only tier (other than starting tiers) that can be assured to be no lower than 1 tier from the top in a battle.  I personally love tier 9 for this reason.  MM is of huge importance to the enjoyment to the game and is singularly the most frustrating issue for players.  PLEASE look at 2 tier mm.  You will be improving the game more than any other change and eliminating the #1 reason players leave the game.

BTW the current 3 tier mm is one of the main reasons so much prem ammo is used now so you can solve 2 issues with one change.

View PostDeton8tor, on Feb 07 2019 - 21:54, said:

Agreed.  The world of professional sports proves this happens all the time.  So does Skirmishes where the mm tries to match similar ELO clans against each other. I like the concept of skill based mm but translating that into something workable in the real world will likely be insurmountable.  Having said that, it would be great for WG to think through how to make the newer player experience better when they are grinding through lines without all the crew skills, equipment etc that more experienced players have.  If someone is simply better than me and kicks my butt, so be it.

No one enjoys being on the losing end of a blowout but those are relatively rare and you can move on to the next battle which is likely different.  Tier mm is another thing entirely.  Get tired of being bottom tier and being significantly disadvantaged in the battle?  Will it be different next battle?  Not likely while +/- 2 tier mm exists.  Wouldn't everyone agree that same tier mm is ideal (unless you really need the ego boost of beating up on lower tier tanks)?  Isn't this part of the reason players like frontline?  I recognize that queue wait times might not allow same tier but I refuse to believe +/- 1 tier mm wouldn't work for much of the day until they at least try it.

Agreed, agreed and agreed. We absolutely need 2 tier match making, (or +/- 1 tier matchmaking, same thing) Not only would it fix the whole premium shell issue, it would fix this whole match making issue. Players wouldn't constantly have to fire expensive shells to pen, which if they continue with the proposed changes to the premium shells, it will make it incredibly difficult for lower tiers to do absolutely anything to higher tier vehicles. With +/- 1 tier match making it would eliminate most of the non-pen situations which I find the most aggravating about the game. Other proposed ways to fix mm was skill match making, I would find that hard to consider since most of the game is populated with average players, it would only go to punish most of the players with higher skill as they would most likely have to wait longer for a match though the waiting game seems to be the excuse for most of the non-implemented mm changes. Plus skilled players are only good when they can beat up players like me :P. If they implemented skilled match making in the beginning of the game it would have been a lot easier since if they added such an mm now based on Personal ratings it would only show that most of the "skilled" players now are gold spammers and seal clubbing stat patters , not actually smart knowledgeable tankers which I would think wouldn't be very fun for the legit good players, but I get wrecked by them nonetheless so I have no right in that area ;P. though I cannot ignore the fact that the unicoms of the game do shift the tide of battle way too often, I often get destroyed by teams that have more skilled players than mine and vice versa, But again I don't think they can or should regulate skilled players, we must remember this is a free to play game I think it would be a little unfair if the better players were regulated but my mind isn't completely made up about that one. But I digress +/- 1 tier mm would fix a lot of problems with the game, I honestly believe there isn't a better way of fixing the issue other than this. I see a lot of people getting frustrated about the game on many different issues and that's because they care, at least that's why I'm frustrated. For some reason a lot of Wargaming's decisions are making the game more and more complicated making more and more players leave. I'd hate to see this game die in the current state it is, when most of the issues are easily fixable. So here is to #caringfrustration because yeah I'm a inspirational speaker XD, totally not a gaming nerd... totally... 

P.S. If Their adding more templates wouldn't that just increase the chance of lower tiers getting into higher tier matches? :/

Edited by Shanen1, Feb 08 2019 - 00:04.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #85 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 00:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7252 battles

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:03, said:

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

But they are only now acting like they are fixing the game since there money is walking away to other company's. 

This really should be fixed, they didn't even mention it, not even a word about it, as if they're completely ignoring blowout matches like they're normal! 15-4 is NOT a fun match.

View PostBenchPCS, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:17, said:

Eliminate 3-tier matches or at least place them at the lowest possible priority.  I would rather wait 2 minutes for a match than be bottom tier in a 3-tier match.

This is honestly what i expected to hear when i watched the video, for the love of god how hard is it for them to change it to make 3/5/7 the last option, and same tier battles the most common option and the one that MM would attempt to do first.

View PostGarandster, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:25, said:

Mom!! It's not fair playing a game where someone with skill is better than me, where is my participation award?

Seriously Unicums are not running around pubbie matches and ruining the game because they are more skilled then you, there are WAY more tomatoes out there that could effect the outcome of a game than unicums.

I don't have XVM but all i know is you can't tell me it's enjoyable to have a team full of crap players and none of them know where to go, fighting an enemy team with 2-3 really good competent players, that's how a blowout happens.

View PostNecrolegion, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:35, said:

This doesn't address the issue at all!

I mean seriously Wargaming! The problem is +2 MM. We want +1 at most. All you are doing is introducing more +2 MM variations. Now instead of potentially only seeing THREE +2 Tier tanks, you can now see up to FIVE!!!

THAT IS COMPLETE [edited]! Like what the hell do you guys even look at for feedback??? Surely it isn't your playerbase. It's almost as if you consult a magic 8 ball instead of looking at the actual feedback.

You community has been screaming +1/-1 for years and you are like "Okay comrade we will introduce 3-5-7!" which pisses off your playerbase as we're bottom tier 80% of the time. You then realize your mistake after we keep yelling at you idiots for +1/-1 and then you tell us "Here you go communist pigs, 5-5-5 MM". 

ONCE AGAIN WE ALL WANT AT THE MAX +1/-1 MM. WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE TANKS TWO TIERS HIGHER THAN US!!!!

In all honesty fudge the queue times. I'd much rather wait a few more seconds or minutes to get a match with +1/-1 than to be a useless brick in +2 MM. Please take your "New & Improved" MM template and shove it up your chimney and just let it burn cuz we don't want that crap.

agreed, more templates is not what i wanted to hear at all, video sounded promising but we all know it's not going to change anything.

jeb2 #86 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 00:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45612 battles
  • [HU] HU

I also feel that I am experiencing more games than before where one team lost 4 or fewer tanks.

I agree that some factor should be applied that incorporates as least some weighting for skill level.

There is no fun to be had when (despite carefully NOT having xvm) I recognize certain players and clans and they are all on the other team.  My most recent example involves this 1.4.  I had a 3-toon of Tier 5 FR LTs (presumably building exp to ease the shift into the wheeled tree) from one water mammal clan and another pair from a nuclear energy source and a famous German Chancellor.  

At least it was quick.

yruputin #87 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 00:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27530 battles
  • [A_P] A_P

:popcorn:View PostGarandster, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:25, said:

Mom!! It's not fair playing a game where someone with skill is better than me, where is my participation award?

Seriously Unicums are not running around pubbie matches and ruining the game because they are more skilled then you, there are WAY more tomatoes out there that could effect the outcome of a game than unicums.

no doubt wargaming spanked you with a temp. ban.

Edited by yruputin, Feb 08 2019 - 00:33.

Jaspo #88 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 01:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29483 battles

View PostBenchPCS, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:17, said:

Eliminate 3-tier matches or at least place them at the lowest possible priority.  I would rather wait 2 minutes for a match than be bottom tier in a 3-tier match.

If you look at the matchmaking comparison widget on the page, you'll notice that they actually reduced the overall likelihood of being in a +/-2 match by between 20-25%, and increased the likelihood of being in a +/-0 by about the same. Definitely a step in the right direction, I would say. Also, in case you're wondering why the number of top tier battles in +/-2 actually decreased for tier 8s, consider: tier 8s currently do to tier 6s what tier 10s do to tier 8s. Reducing the number of top tier +/-2 battles for all tiers is necessary for these changes to work.

DraconX3 #89 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 01:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10440 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:03, said:

nothing new here and nothing to keep new players and nothing to keep old players from leaving since you still don't take into account players with uber mod stats in game, nothing like fighting unicorn players that are from top clans, RIGGED HELL YEAH and will stay that way since wargaming cant figure out how stop the unicorns from killing half the team.

to fix the game after years of screwing players make your unicorn players only play other unicorn players and take into account players % then and only then will you fix the game. 

But they are only now acting like they are fixing the game since there money is walking away to other company's. 

Literally the dumbest comment on this entire thread.

So by his logic, people who are good at this game should be punished for being good at the game LOL.

These changes are much needed and welcome by the people that care about the game for real. 

The rest are as pointless as they sound.

czapja #90 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 02:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 29323 battles

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 12:03, said:

It's not so much just the unicoms but unbalanced teams.  WG has service record stats and has under their control the ability to ensure at least 60/40 games.  But having participated in 70/30 games their not fun and are detrimental to game population.

XturbohawkX #91 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 02:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23730 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK
1 tier difference is the MOST there should be for MM. Theoretically all same tier is possible, no?

GlidingBoulder #92 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 03:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29619 battles

I'd rather wait 2 minutes for a fair lineup than instantly get into a battle and waste 7 because either team blows out.

You guys could add a "Random Tank" option in the garage to have MM autoselect a tank for you.

Olds442man #93 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 03:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 26869 battles
  • [CIA] CIA
Couple people mentioned the +2 tier problem. That's one problem, but I have, and a few of my clan mates, have tracked the % of times that we appear as the bottom tier,  in matches.  Ranging from 65% to 72.3%, this is something matchmaker was supposed to remedy and shouldn't happen.  Kind of sucks to almost always be the top half of the players, in a battle. But not be able to effect change versus tanks 2 tiers up that can only be hurt with gold round and even then sometimes its to no avail.  Agreed a lot of players are leaving and they need to fix this.  As for the unicoms, ya always gonna find someone better then ya in a game so suck it up and just try to play smarter.

Heavylemon5454 #94 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 06:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 10990 battles
  • [P-W] P-W

From my observations through chat in-game and the forums, we got ourselves 2 rather mechanical base-breaking issues:

-MM is the problem and will continue to be a problem and should be addressed

- Player skill is the problem and should be addressed

The ways this could be fixed would likely cause even more problems: 

MM:

- Reduce MM to +1. Increases wait time heavily, giving the impression of a dead game(which will scare away players). This implementation is likely to cause the issue of a future outrage of having an "unfair MM." 

- Reduce MM to +0. Significantly increases wait time, giving the impression of a dead game(which drives players away even faster). This is a fair MM.

- (Somehow) reduce MM to -1. I have no idea how this might be possible but this would be the "fairest" for many. 

My personal fix: Implement +1 MM but give players the option to set the tiers that they can see with their vehicles. Personally, I love being the bottom tier and doing things that would dazzle a higher-tier opponent. I think its fun to have the odds stacked against me and besides, higher-tier opponents have more hp and are thus big sloshing farms of exp and damage (and I'm pretty sure that many other players feel the same way) :).  This would render premium vehicle preferential MM mute(in a sense) but... well... pref MM won't be needed much if they are already fighting those vehicles that they stand a chance against(IE: A T-14's pref MM would be rendered mute if 29 M4 Shermans sets their MM to +1 and all 30 of these tanks end up in the same game but this would be good for both T-14 and all the Shermans). Of course, this ability to choose may have some impractical-ness  

~ My other personal fix: Have a team at WG take a real close look at the abilities of each tank and give the disadvantaged tanks the option to have pref MM. Example: Give the tier VII Black Prince the ability to have pref MM(like the Char B1) if it is not going to be buffed as it is a nightmare to play(I understand that some are going to call me out for perhaps not playing the BP right; it's just that the BP seems to  feels like its likely to be a premium, sort of like a tier VII Excelsior[slow-ish, fast gun, low pen compared to its peers, etc]). This will not help everyone but will give rather stressful tanks a slight bit of grace whilst reducing a bit of the player rage. This is likely to cause fluctuations that I cannot predict, but is very likely to vex the WG statistics and testing staff as test results and statistics don't always give clear indications of agreement between the two(this is usually remedied by doing more testing, but who wants to drive a Black Prince up to 30+ times in the name of statistical rules?!). 

Skill:

- Factor in the personal score or Wn8 or whatever skill stat to the MM: Wait time likely to increase(which gives the impression of a dying game and results in players slinking away). If this system were to be implemented with wait time in mind by the dev team in charge of this mechanic, we are likely to see a team of 15 pink-ish tomatoes against a team of 14 super-duper-red-tomatoes and 1 Barney the Purple Unicum Dinosaur. This, understandably, would give players the impression that nothing has changed. Even if the team dedicated to implementing this has the 15 tomatoes vs 14 tomatoes and 1 purple unicum in mind and wants to avoid it, the playerbase will relocate the outrage to scenarios such as 15 tomatoes vs 14 tomatoes and 1 banana or 15 red tomatoes vs 14 red tomatoes and 1 pink tomato. 

And besides all that, this is with the idea that the implementation is in RANDOM BATTLES. Which is supposedly the most casual game mode there is bar training mode. I believe that the implementations are more ranked battles sort of stuff and from what I've heard, we already have a sort of a ranking system for big-deal-battles. 

- Give new players a better tutorial. 

~My thoughts: The best tutorial for new players is sending them right into battle after basic training. The tutorial builds the theories but knowledge of theories is no match for skill and/or RNG. Perhaps the best way to implement the controlled environment of the regular tutorial with the chaos of a battle is to throw the player into a rigged battle against bots- The player's interactions would be noted by the game and enemy vehicle actions will be explained to the player(IE: xxXXNew_playerXXxx just started the game and starts tutorial. xxXXNew_playerXXxx can choose to drive the Tiger on the map Prokhorovka against a team of bots rigged to sit or move in certain areas. xxXXNew_playerXXxx moves to a certain position. Bot from behind a bush shoots xxXXNew_playerXXxx and the game pauses. A voice narrates a line that goes like this: "You have been shot by a camouflaged enemy! Use the fire indicator on your HUD to track down the location in which the enemy shot you from. Now, look at your minimap. Notice the thin yellow line. That would be your shell tradjectory indicator. Combine your HUD fire indicator and your HUD shell trajectory indicator and  ping the location of where you think the enemy shot you from so that your teammates will be mindful of that location."  Of course, this would likely require perhaps a few months of testing and programming and voice-acting(which also costs money and money is always always ALWAYS tight).  

In conclusion, 

Anything that can be done to improve the game would either fail to improve everything(giving the playerbase something to nag about), fail to improve anything(which drives players away after they nag about it), improve things but bring about questionable gains(which is likely to break the base) or have an outcome that is likely to be so bad that it should never be implemented in the first place. Besides that, everyone's opinion is different and we'll always have a vocal lump of players unhappy with a change that everyone else is happy with. 

I have no idea how many of these issues can be fixed and I definitely have no idea how the WG staff can even stand and not get overwhelmed by the possible issues. And WG can't just bow down to the playerbase opinion all the time- from my observations(so I'm not going to be 100% correct through all cases), the playerbase is split rather evenly over some of the more high-profile issues. WG bowing down to any one player idea is likely to cause the other side to abandon the game(which is bad as it is effectively 50% of the vocal playerbase). 

Anyhow, godspeed with this, WG. 

Edited by Heavylemon5454, Feb 08 2019 - 06:50.

WildNostrum #95 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 07:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 14002 battles

Didn't read the thread, so I have no idea if anyone else has brought this up.

In my opinion, the biggest issue with matchmaking is neither of the problems they mentioned, even though they are correct to address them. The biggest problem are the wildly unbalanced teams that occur more often than not. While xvm skilll levels don't assure with 100% accuracy which team will win, they are overwhelmingly accurate. Additionally, not only do the matches have these imbalances, they often do so in streaks. Where many nights it is game after game. I'm not saying that it is always "the other team" either. I think it sucks either way, in my favor or against. I think we all want the majority of our matches to be balanced and not end in 3 - 15 or 15 - 3.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #96 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 08:00

Major

• Players
  • 33672 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 08 2019 - 01:23, said:

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 14:03, said:

SBMM is bad for Random Battles... and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

Anyone can be on the "bad" team less often by simply improving their own playing abilities.

Fair, fun, COMPETITIVE battles/games are what people play for.  Not auto-wins and auto-losses.  Do you play for numbers that mean nothing to life or for fun?  Most play video GAMES.....for fun.  Imagine that.....games being for entertainment instead of a sense of accomplishment.

Getting better won't help that much.  We still have the problem of MM making teams of reds/oranges vs greens/blues...which happens FAR more often than it should.  Some get a boring auto-win(sadly some like that) and some get an auto-loss(most don't like that). 

Someone should feel bad for want fair, fun, COMPETITIVE matches instead of auto-wins and auto-losses.....wow, I'm at a loss for words.

Hard_As_Iron #97 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 08:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 16365 battles
  • [KLICK] KLICK
This all sounds very nice, but after the tanks are selected for a battle, one more calculation should be factored in when deciding which tanks go to which teams. Player Rating totals should be as even as possible between both teams. This is not a perfect solution for fixing lopsided teams skill-wise, but it should improve matchmaking a lot, to reduce the number of blowout games, which are really no fun for anyone, except maybe the top few players on the winning side.

rhinohide_xXx #98 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 10:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 23976 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

WG - I'm sure you're looking for good ideas in this thread ... so I'd like to propose a few. 

- Create a switch in the game client that allows us to choose to only be matched up with tanks of the same era.  Such as a WWII setting where you'd have to take out a WWII era tank and would only get matched up with tanks of that era.  The newer Korean and Vietnam era tanks tend to make the old and slow WWII tanks less effective and less fun.  I think if you had 2 or 3 "eras" to choose from that would cover it.  WWII, Korean/Vietnam, and Modern.   Let us choose whether we want to limit our match or not, some may not.  I, like others, don't mind waiting for a match if it improves the gameplay experience. 

- I'd also like to be able to pick a primary and secondary tank to match with.  So if my primary pick doesn't get matched in 1 or 2 minutes, it tries my secondary. 

- Also, I wish you would ALWAYS limit matches to 2 tiers at most.  3 tiers sucks when you're the bottom tier.  

- I also vote for using a skill based matching mechanism so that people like me who are struggling at 47.3% can get in battles with players of our own skill so we have some hope of doing well and enjoying the game. 

- 1 more crazy idea, when a tanker dies he should be given an opportunity to inhabit and fight a stationary gun on the map.  Maybe you have 2 or 3 stationary guns and the first 2 or 3 guys who die can take over those gun positions.   Those guns could take damage from arty or from tank fire. 

rhinohide_xXx #99 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 10:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 23976 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-
I agree with WildNostrum. I am currently in the middle of a streak of horrifying losses.  It happens all the time.  The matches are very streaky.  I have seen it year after year of play.  To you nay sayers I respond that it can't always be me when I am winning every match for 1 or 2 or 3 nights, and then the next 3 nights I am losing EVERY match 3-15.  Often I look up after the first 2 minutes and see that half or more of my team is dead and the enemy is untouched.  I have been at 47.4x% many, many, many times, then I always get a streak of bad matches that ultimately lands me back down around 47.3%.  I have seen it a million times. 

delabuxx2xx #100 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 12:56

Private

• Players
  • 16561 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

View Post_73RD_Easting2NDACAV, on Feb 07 2019 - 17:03, said:

you sir are not a smart man. Unicums wrecking other players is right now the least of WGs problems. It IS a problem but right now most people are leaving due to MM, Arty and premium shells/Super heavy meta.  The chances of you running into a unicum platoon at anything other than tier 10 right now is super low due to unicums and bluenicums know how horrible platooning is for any tiers lower than tier 10 and 9... If you didn't know that then it only shows how little you understand WOT. Furthermore unicums really aren't that much better than the rest of us they are just more CONSISTENT.  I have unicum status in many of the tanks I play but not all of them and 2/10 matches I tend to die without any damage so my overall recent WN8 is around 2000 (my overall acount wn8 is around 1500 because I was a very bad player once and I dont believe in rerolling)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users