Jump to content


Wheeled vehicles need the boost feature back


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

alexgt9123 #1 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 01:16

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9064 battles
  • 201
  • Member since:
    01-13-2016

The wheeled vehicles without the boost mode are now just really bad light tanks, wargaming used the excuse that people would not know when to use it. The problem with that logic is that people will just learn how to use it, if they fly away and kill themselves then they will know not to use it in that way.

 

It is not overpowered at all and should be added back into the game.



64sherman #2 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 01:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26637 battles
  • 658
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY
  • Member since:
    03-21-2013

View Postalexgt9123, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:16, said:

The wheeled vehicles without the boost mode are now just really bad light tanks, wargaming used the excuse that people would not know when to use it. The problem with that logic is that people will just learn how to use it, if they fly away and kill themselves then they will know not to use it in that way.

 

It is not overpowered at all and should be added back into the game.

 

The only reason why some have that feature in the first place is because the vehicles have special mechanical abilities that allow them to retract wheels.  

 

It's like saying all tanks should have auto loaders just because some do.  

 

If it's not supposed to have an autoloader it shouldn't get one. 

And if it doesn't have retractable wheels it shouldn't have the boost feature.  


Edited by 64sherman, Feb 08 2019 - 01:30.


24_inch_pythons #3 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 01:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 29202 battles
  • 5,605
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View Postalexgt9123, on Feb 07 2019 - 18:16, said:

The wheeled vehicles without the boost mode are now just really bad light tanks, wargaming used the excuse that people would not know when to use it. The problem with that logic is that people will just learn how to use it, if they fly away and kill themselves then they will know not to use it in that way.

 

It is not overpowered at all and should be added back into the game.

 

I agree, they should probably add the boost back in. If they don't want people getting into "inaccessible" areas of the map, then make them inaccessible, how hard is it?

The_Diadect #4 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 01:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15514 battles
  • 556
  • Member since:
    10-18-2013

agreed. They already nerfed the speed, I would accept it as long as they kept boost. I am just playing them for the keks at this point

 



alexgt9123 #5 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 15:15

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9064 battles
  • 201
  • Member since:
    01-13-2016

View Post64sherman, on Feb 08 2019 - 01:30, said:

 

The only reason why some have that feature in the first place is because the vehicles have special mechanical abilities that allow them to retract wheels.  

 

It's like saying all tanks should have auto loaders just because some do.  

 

If it's not supposed to have an autoloader it shouldn't get one. 

And if it doesn't have retractable wheels it shouldn't have the boost feature.  

None of the wheeled have the boost feature any more. It used to start at tier 8, when they started to have retractable wheels, now none of them have it. My point is that it made the higher tier wheeled vehicles unique and fun.

 

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Feb 08 2019 - 01:34, said:

 

I agree, they should probably add the boost back in. If they don't want people getting into "inaccessible" areas of the map, then make them inaccessible, how hard is it?

They have invisible walls everywhere now, I remember when mountain goating was still viable, those were the days...

 

but now that they have invisible walls it's impossible to get to anywhere useful, the places that you can still get are worse for you than when if you weren't there in the first place.



Blackstone #6 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 15:50

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21208 battles
  • 2,140
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011
No they don't. They're Mario Karts with guns and should be removed from the game.

ArcticTankHunter #7 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 20:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16406 battles
  • 668
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V
  • Member since:
    05-22-2014
Boost is OP and should not be part of the game. Very op against non-turreted tanks. Boosting making enemy tanks miss shots is considered OP. Deserved to be removed. Heck WG should bring back camo bonus back for TDs with tanks this fast.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Feb 12 2019 - 20:19.


leeuniverse #8 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 01:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 38646 battles
  • 7,974
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

Yep, Wheeled vehicles are definitely "bad light tanks", only good for "yolo'ing" due to their Top Speed, but just as crap as lights at all other speeds (though likely worse in gun performance).

 

I'm for adding Boost back, however, it needs to be better.

 

1. Need to be able to Charge during Countdown of the game.

2. The Boost was crap in that it didn't actually last not even close to long enough.  (what was it, 3 sec's or some crap?)

3. It was also crap in that the speed "increase" was donkey crap, not really "that" much better than it's normal high speed.

 

Improve these things, and boost will be worth something.



mmnfamoily #9 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 05:22

    Private

  • Players
  • 29544 battles
  • 5
  • [MAD-] MAD-
  • Member since:
    02-08-2013
i would love to know when WG is going to care for all the nations they don't have a hammer and sickle can we please get this boost fetcher back wheeled light suck in the current state 

AZandEL #10 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 06:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29901 battles
  • 721
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View Postmmnfamoily, on Mar 11 2019 - 04:22, said:

i would love to know when WG is going to care for all the nations they don't have a hammer and sickle can we please get this boost fetcher back wheeled light suck in the current state 

 

Dont fret there will soon be Russian armored cars and ACs of every nation. It perfectly fits the meta of 2 min zerg rush games that WG so enjoys. I guess they figure thats how to attract gamers under the age of 30.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users