wheel crew skills french

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Altwar #1 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 04:41

Major

• Players
  • 58567 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Okay, we have posts about  French wheeled vehicles, or wheelie dealies if you will, all over the place.   So far though I've not seen the usual discussion about crew skills.  Given that they are fresh on the block but they've been in the test servers for a while and I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations?    I've put my winter crew into mine and I'm pondering on the skills.   I forget how many skills the winter crew has but thus far, I've got:

Commander:  BIA/6th sense

Gunner: BIA/Snap Shot

Driver: BIA/Smooth Ride

Radio Operator: BIA/Situational Awareness

Cowcat137 #2 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 04:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 14228 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Third skill camo?

Waarheid #3 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 04:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16402 battles

Given the limited view range I'd tend to prefer recon and situational awareness over BIA, then reset for BIA later on. 6th sense would be my preferred third commander skill since active scouts should always assume that they are spotted (I do anyway). 

Of course that's theoretical since I had a spare crew that I put into my wheelie 

C: 6th/recon

G: Camo/Snap

D: Camo/Smooth

RO:  (new for the vehicle) SA

Edited by Waarheid, Feb 08 2019 - 04:59.

Trauglodyte #4 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 15:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

This is what you'll need:

Commander:  Recon, 6th Sense (you're an active scout so you're always seen) BIA, Repairs, Camo

Gunner:          Snap Shot, Repairs, BIA, "tanker's choice", Camo
Driver:            Smooth Ride, Repairs, BIA, Clutch Breaking, Camo
Radio Op:       Situational Awareness, Repairs, BIA, Call for Vengeance, Camo

Speed is your life blood - toooooo many people are disregarding Repairs.  You need Repairs in a hurry because a slow armored car is a dead armored car.  Just understand that you'll be garbage until you get a 4 skill crew or more.  Wheeled Lights are even more dependent on mass amounts of skills than normal Lights.

EDIT:  I reserve the right to change my mind on Repairs.  That was largely born out of my experiences on the test server.  Once the wheeled population normalizes, it will probably not be a necessity.  

Edited by Trauglodyte, Feb 08 2019 - 16:20.

Hawk1_2007 #5 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 17:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 69391 battles

Thought I saw a post where clutch braking does nothing for the WV.

I have my holiday crew with:

Com: BIA/6th/Recon and then will be camo

Gun: BIA/Snap/Camo - not sure next - probably repairs

Driver: BIA/Smooth/Camo - not sure yet next (offroad?)

RO: BIA/SA/Camo - probably repairs next

Edited by Hawk1_2007, Feb 08 2019 - 17:10.

plankkton #6 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 03:02

Private

• Players
  • 29656 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Feb 08 2019 - 14:53, said:

This is what you'll need:

Commander:  Recon, 6th Sense (you're an active scout so you're always seen) BIA, Repairs, Camo

Gunner:          Snap Shot, Repairs, BIA, "tanker's choice", Camo
Driver:            Smooth Ride, Repairs, BIA, Clutch Breaking, Camo
Radio Op:       Situational Awareness, Repairs, BIA, Call for Vengeance, Camo

Speed is your life blood - toooooo many people are disregarding Repairs.  You need Repairs in a hurry because a slow armored car is a dead armored car.  Just understand that you'll be garbage until you get a 4 skill crew or more.  Wheeled Lights are even more dependent on mass amounts of skills than normal Lights.

EDIT:  I reserve the right to change my mind on Repairs.  That was largely born out of my experiences on the test server.  Once the wheeled population normalizes, it will probably not be a necessity.  

hey dudes

I think Clutch Braking has no effect in the turning rate. 
If you try it in the tank compare it doesn't make mobility higher.

My choice was:
commander. BIA, 6th sense, recon
Gunner. BIA, designated target, camo
Driver. BIA, smooth ride, camo
Radiogirl xD. BIA, situational awareness, camo

all of the bonus allows you to put some nasty shots
view range is still crap, but as i'm stil training 3rd skill, it's getting better and better.
i'm at the tier7 right now, but the tier10 has decent-kind-of-competitive view range, you could actually see crapwith skills and equips.

And it has literally the same camo as the T-100, which pretty darn sneaky bastard.

I used the female crew from the xmas missions for the 3rd skill.

MakersMike #7 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 15:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3621 battles

I'm using a female crew that already has BIA so that's first by default.   Looking at responses, I may be in the minority putting camo as second skill, except for Commander (6th sense).  First two skills are at 100%.  The 3rd skills are in progress

Commander: BIA, 6th Sense, Camo - Recon next

Gunner:  BIA, Camo, Snap Shot - Repairs next

Driver:  BIA, Camo, Smooth Ride - Repairs next

Radio Op: BIA, Camo, Situational Awareness - Repairs next

My thinking is that the view range is so bad starting with the tier 6 that by the time I get to improved view range tiers I'll have Situational Awareness and Recon done and that 5% will add more by then.  For now, even if both completed, that 5% addition isn't huge.  And when camo skill is 100% that'll add 15 to my camo rating.  So... If a player has 500 m view range, the camo will give me approx. 75 m extra before I'm spotted.  Comparing that to the approx. 19m of extra view range I'd get and that's with BIA, Vents and Optics.

Snap shot and Smooth ride are always good to have, but with BIA and vents the aim time on the tier 6 is already down to 1.38 and that's pretty damn good already.  I'm not having any problems hitting targets as I circle.  So I just wanted Camo first to help close that gap with other lights that I might come across.  They'll always spot me first, but I want those extra meters.  All choices listed above are good ones too.  This was just my choice  

Edited by MakersMike, Apr 02 2019 - 16:43.

Trauglodyte #8 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 19:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostMakersMike, on Apr 02 2019 - 15:59, said:

I'm using a female crew that already has BIA so that's first by default.   Looking at responses, I may be in the minority putting camo as second skill, except for Commander (6th sense).  First two skills are at 100%.  The 3rd skills are in progress

Commander: BIA, 6th Sense, Camo - Recon next

Gunner:  BIA, Camo, Snap Shot - Repairs next

Driver:  BIA, Camo, Smooth Ride - Repairs next

Radio Op: BIA, Camo, Situational Awareness - Repairs next

My thinking is that the view range is so bad starting with the tier 6 that by the time I get to improved view range tiers I'll have Situational Awareness and Recon done and that 5% will add more by then.  For now, even if both completed, that 5% addition isn't huge.  And when camo skill is 100% that'll add 15 to my camo rating.  So... If a player has 500 m view range, the camo will give me approx. 75 m extra before I'm spotted.  Comparing that to the approx. 19m of extra view range I'd get and that's with BIA, Vents and Optics.

Snap shot and Smooth ride are always good to have, but with BIA and vents the aim time on the tier 6 is already down to 1.38 and that's pretty damn good already.  I'm not having any problems hitting targets as I circle.  So I just wanted Camo first to help close that gap with other lights that I might come across.  They'll always spot me first, but I want those extra meters.  All choices listed above are good ones too.  This was just my choice  

Don't do that.  Vision is the only thing keeping you from the garage, no matter how bad it is.  Coming off of the test server, I really rated Repairs more than I should have done.  So, I still maintain this (I'm using your crew, since you got free BIA):

Commander:  BIA, Recon, 6th Sense (you're an active scout so you're always seen) Camo, Repairs

Gunner:          BIA, Snap Shot, Camo, "tanker's choice", Repairs
Driver:            BIA, Smooth Ride, Camo, Clutch Breaking or Off-Road Driving+, Repairs
Radio Op:       BIA, Situational Awareness, Camo, Repairs, "tanker's choice"

On the Armored Cars, I don't really value 6th Sense, as much as vision, since you should always be seen.

Gaga_Boo_Goo #9 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 07:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 42864 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
For all of you saying you need Clutch Breaking or Off Road Driving you have not done your research, those two skills have no effect on Wheelies.

Stevenwt #10 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 09:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles
Well as for 6th sence your an active scout with pathetic view range....so odds are your always spotted right?

Also tagged with wheel, crew skills, french

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users