"Great" New Player Experience

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Thanos_Snap_ #1 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 06:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 149 battles
  • [BIKO] BIKO
So I am a longtime WoWs player, with 4k battles and 8 tier 10 ships.
I only recently just got into this game because my WoWs clanmates wanted to try it out. I have to say its a vastly different experience. I have gripes about the early tier experience and the fact that this game seems to have a much steeper learning curve, with little incentive to slog through the economy to get to the next tiers (which I do hear get better as they get higher).

But that I can live with, what really takes the cake for me is that I just got a 1 hour account lockout for my first time ever TK.
A totally accidental knee-jerk reaction to a friendly who came around a corner while I was zoomed in. I get that I was in the wrong here and that I could have paid more attention.
In WoWs when a destroyer torpedoes an ally, its on them for not taking into account ally position beforehand. I know this concept. Its not new to me.

But it just adds more to feed the sour feeling that I am getting from this game's new player experience. I gotta say, things genuinely could be better.
I just don't seem to be finding the motivation to continue grinding in this game as I just seem to get more and more frustrated. 
I guess I am not complaining about any one thing in particular, just the overall new player experience is really painful, and I don't really know what to do other than just suck it up or give up entirely.

zlood #2 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 06:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28395 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

View PostThanos_Snap_, on Feb 08 2019 - 00:04, said:

So I am a longtime WoWs player, with 4k battles and 8 tier 10 ships.
I only recently just got into this game because my WoWs clanmates wanted to try it out. I have to say its a vastly different experience. I have gripes about the early tier experience and the fact that this game seems to have a much steeper learning curve, with little incentive to slog through the economy to get to the next tiers (which I do hear get better as they get higher).

But that I can live with, what really takes the cake for me is that I just got a 1 hour account lockout for my first time ever TK.
A totally accidental knee-jerk reaction to a friendly who came around a corner while I was zoomed in. I get that I was in the wrong here and that I could have paid more attention.
In WoWs when a destroyer torpedoes an ally, its on them for not taking into account ally position beforehand. I know this concept. Its not new to me.

But it just adds more to feed the sour feeling that I am getting from this game's new player experience. I gotta say, things genuinely could be better.
I just don't seem to be finding the motivation to continue grinding in this game as I just seem to get more and more frustrated. 
I guess I am not complaining about any one thing in particular, just the overall new player experience is really painful, and I don't really know what to do other than just suck it up or give up entirely.

Training grounds and low tiers..... and youtube videos of league players.

thandiflight #3 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 06:16

Major

• Players
  • 82041 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
It is an automated system and is not really very fair to new players. What I would suggest is installing a mod that prevents you shooting allies. Recommended mods are available through the portal (https://wgmods.net/ ;). I know Aslain's has it. The game is easy to play but difficult to play well. Good luck.

madogthefirst #4 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 06:32

Major

• Players
  • 23687 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

KV-1

This is your goal. This is the first tank you need to get. From here you can learn and experience the game how it should be.

Thanos_Snap_ #5 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 06:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 149 battles
  • [BIKO] BIKO
Thanks a lot for the kind replys and advice. I am already downloading aslains (I use it for Warships too). 

FunkyMonkey911 #6 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 07:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35969 battles

View Postthandiflight, on Feb 07 2019 - 21:16, said:

It is an automated system and is not really very fair to new players. What I would suggest is installing a mod that prevents you shooting allies. Recommended mods are available through the portal (https://wgmods.net/ ;). I know Aslain's has it. The game is easy to play but difficult to play well. Good luck.

This is supposed to be implemented in a upcoming patch, so no more team damage.  I use solo's mod pack and it has it in there too.  

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users