Is it possible to introduce Firing Range/ Test Range Mod for single player?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

gulparviz #1 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 21:08

Private

• Players
  • 42374 battles

I believe that WoT Developers should introduce a “Firing Range” where “Single” players can test their tank’s gun capabilities against any (premium/ non premium) tank available in the game.

Now this sounds like “Team Training” but with all due respect I believe that team training is the most ineffective way to test your tank, especially when it comes to gun testing if you play solo.

The Firing Range will allow a single player to select any tank (available in the game) that he wants to engage. This will let players to get familiar with the weak spots of all the tanks in the game.

I think there are a lot of players like me who does not want to spent large credits to purchase the special ammo. People who don’t use special ammo heavily rely on the weak spots and there are a lot of tanks that players engage in battles, but they don’t know where to shoot them using regular ammo.

My personal experience is when my IS3 is against Defender. In such situation, my limited knowledge of weak spots on defender defeats me easily. This is just one example, on battlefield we have hundreds of such combinations.

Awestryker #2 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 25861 battles

Yea I do not get why they do not let you make a training room with just one person...but, they do let you do it with 2 or more...

Altwar #3 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 21:42

Major

• Players
  • 58027 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

World of Warships, another Wargaming platform, allows you to do the single player mode which I've found useful.  I played CVs (aircraft carriers) in Beta and didn't like them and didn't play then again until last year when I went to a single player room.  That single player room allowed me some time and space to figure out the play a little without teammates getting upset because I was making outrageous blunders.

I figure they could allow for that here in WoT as well. But maybe Wargaming don't anything done outside of a faux-team environment.

ndifference #4 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 22:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16904 battles
I agree.  I'd like to drive a new tank around before I take it into battle.  I'd also like to check out new maps before being thrown to the wolves.

Grampy #5 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24767 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

YES! I have gone so far as to get my wife to start an account so I could have someone to go into the training room with me so I could do some experimenting as the OP said. Not what she wanted to be doing, and kind of frustrating to her because she didn't have a clue as to what I was trying to get her to do. (She is not a gamer)

I think this Firing Range/Solo Training Room is an excellent suggestion and it ought to be very easy to implement.

Also - what are the negatives? I can't think of any.

Altwar #6 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 58027 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostGrampy, on Feb 08 2019 - 14:04, said:

Also - what are the negatives? I can't think of any.

Server bandwidth?  I am not a network or computer guy by any means but maybe the way in which this game has been coded makes for excessive server usage or some such thing should hundreds or thousands of single player rooms open up at one time?  

LongLineSkinner #7 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 00:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47090 battles
  • [_UY_] _UY_

I know they don't allow single player training rooms because of server load, which I get. So today I try and get into some training rooms with others and wait, and wait, and wait, and get bored waiting. I open a new training room for a map I want to work on, and wait, and wait, and wait, etc. Get  tired of waiting for 10 minutes for nobody to show up and delete the room.

I like the OP's idea of a test range, maybe load a requested tank into a blank room and let you drive around and shoot it. The server wouldn't even be required, since there is no interaction or record keeping to be done, could be handled locally.

Along with that, put a timer on a new room that lets the room creator enter alone if nobody joins the room in 5 minutes. Odds are that this would happen during low server population periods anyway and load wouldn't be an issue.

Waiting and waiting for an existing room to finish their "battle" is pointless, and so is waiting and waiting for nobody to join your new room. The sooner I get into a room and learn what I want to learn, the sooner I get back into real battles.

Altwar #8 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 08:12

Major

• Players
  • 58027 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostLongLineSkinner, on Feb 08 2019 - 15:11, said:

I know they don't allow single player training rooms because of server load, which I get. So today I try and get into some training rooms with others and wait, and wait, and wait, and get bored waiting. I open a new training room for a map I want to work on, and wait, and wait, and wait, etc. Get  tired of waiting for 10 minutes for nobody to show up and delete the room.

If you can't get any people in, might want to try to tap those in your clan or on your friends list or expand your friends list.   There are some training clans (D-DAY)? that might spend some time with you as well.  Sucks that it has to be that way as opposed to WoWs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users