Jump to content


Pre-Sale Offer: M41D


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

SouthsideAve #21 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 00:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 40628 battles
  • 80
  • [NBF] NBF
  • Member since:
    11-03-2013
Hey WG...If it’s a Taiwanese tank, why is it represented by Communist China’s flag? That’s as offensive as the Hammer and Sickle you allow in your game. 

gpc_4 #22 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 00:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 41309 battles
  • 4,386
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostArrowfoot, on Feb 09 2019 - 00:34, said:

Sooooooo, this game that claims in its TV adds to be "historically accurate" is taking a tank from  Taiwan and giving it to China? Its not like the Chinese and Taiwanese have a long history of not getting along. Oh wait the do have a long history of not getting along. In fact the Chinese want to reclaim Taiwan and return it to Chinese control, after killing of the current leadership. Makes as much sense to me as most things that WG does.  

 

Type 64 has been in the game for years and years. The politics of Taiwan and China don't matter to the vast majority of WGNA players.

gpc_4 #23 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 00:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 41309 battles
  • 4,386
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostSouthsideAve, on Feb 09 2019 - 00:38, said:

Hey WG...If it’s a Taiwanese tank, why is it represented by Communist China’s flag? That’s as offensive as the Hammer and Sickle you allow in your game. 

 

Like the Type 64, it actually has a Taiwanese emblem.

Arrowfoot #24 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 00:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36031 battles
  • 1,755
  • [1-63] 1-63
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View Postgpc_4, on Feb 08 2019 - 17:40, said:

 

Type 64 has been in the game for years and years. The politics of Taiwan and China don't matter to the vast majority of WGNA players.

 

I am not arguing that, just the fact that it is either historically accurate or not and its not.  

gpc_4 #25 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 00:50

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 41309 battles
  • 4,386
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostArrowfoot, on Feb 09 2019 - 00:46, said:

 

I am not arguing that, just the fact that it is either historically accurate or not and its not.  

 

It's an arcade video game. Tracks can be repaired in seconds. Tigers fight Leopards. I don't think historical accuracy is a talking point.

bilzbobaggins #26 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 01:01

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 44997 battles
  • 953
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013
Not sure why you get a 100% crew and another crew with enough exp to pick a full perk, but whatever.  This did work with the 30% off coupon I got last weekend that was hours away from expiring.  21.69 is what I paid for the base package.

YANKEE137 #27 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 01:02

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12365 battles
  • 5,128
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

SO, the "9 camos" are only enough to do summer winter desert on the M41.  Whereas in the past they would advertise "unique camo style", this time they represented it as 9. It's a cheap trick and,  all three sets are summer, there is no desert or winter Formosan 3 color variants. This is blatant … put your adjective here.

 

  • CAMO "FOROSSKY TRICOLOR" SUMMER; 
  • CAMO "FOROSSKY THREE-COLOR" DESERT; 
  • CAMO "FOROSSKY TRICOLOR" WINTER; 

Edited by YANKEE137, Feb 09 2019 - 01:03.


YANKEE137 #28 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 01:05

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12365 battles
  • 5,128
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

Jambijon? Domo? Anyone?

 

 



MlCE #29 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 02:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22703 battles
  • 40
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013


 

y u no want my $?

 

EDIT - Nevermind, it seems you need to have Prem Time in your account... which kinda defeats the purpose of me wanting to buy with the extra bundled prem time...

EDIT 2 - Scratch that... still doesn't work...

:facepalm:

 

 


Edited by MlCE, Feb 09 2019 - 02:26.


mightymice #30 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 02:29

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 366 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-13-2014

View PostMlCE, on Feb 09 2019 - 02:11, said:


 

y u no want my $?

 

EDIT - Nevermind, it seems you need to have Prem Time in your account... which kinda defeats the purpose of me wanting to buy with the extra bundled prem time...

EDIT 2 - Scratch that... still doesn't work...

:facepalm:

 

 

 

same for me, i have 3 days of prem account and still not able to preorder tank

MlCE #31 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 02:39

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22703 battles
  • 40
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View Postmightymice, on Feb 09 2019 - 02:29, said:

 

same for me, i have 3 days of prem account and still not able to preorder tank

 

WG doesn't like us mice it seems :mellow:

mightymice #32 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 02:42

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 366 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-13-2014
lol just noticed that,
i swear we dont work for Disney WG let us buy this tank!!!!

Ta_Hun_Kwai #33 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 07:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14885 battles
  • 1,417
  • [PLAA] PLAA
  • Member since:
    07-21-2014
Does anyone have pics of the tanks with the camos so I can see them?

Avalon304 #34 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 07:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 21209 battles
  • 9,105
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostYao_Wang, on Feb 08 2019 - 23:20, said:

Does anyone have pics of the tanks with the camos so I can see them?

 

https://na.wargaming.../vehicles/9861/

 

Scroll down and look at the pictures on the page.



LuckyStarr #35 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 09:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7401 battles
  • 1,169
  • [AMOX] AMOX
  • Member since:
    10-20-2014

View Postgpc_4, on Feb 09 2019 - 00:08, said:

Well, I totally do not need this tank...but I love LTs and have a 20% off coupon that ends today which works with the non-bundled tank. You win again WG.

 

Where / how can one get such a coupon?

JoeyBee916 #36 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 10:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 12458 battles
  • 74
  • [HIDRA] HIDRA
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017
I think it is kinda sad that the base package doesn't include the exclusive camo.

Ain't no one is gonna spend 20 bucks more for a camo and some equipments.

EU's base package has camo instead of extra crews. You probably should have do the same.

LuckyStarr #37 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 11:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7401 battles
  • 1,169
  • [AMOX] AMOX
  • Member since:
    10-20-2014
Crew is incomparably more valuable than camo, I love that they included crew into the base package.

JoeyBee916 #38 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 11:53

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 12458 battles
  • 74
  • [HIDRA] HIDRA
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017

View PostLuckyStarr, on Feb 09 2019 - 02:17, said:

Crew is incomparably more valuable than camo, I love that they included crew into the base package.

 

You can always start a fresh crew anytime anywhere, pay some gold and you get 100%, use free XP and you get 6th sense. 

 

But you cannot buy exclusive camo, and I mean only the camo. 

 

I missed the progetto marathon, and when I bought it there were no camo. if I want to get the camo today, I need to pay for a lot of unnecessary stuff that come with it.

 

Anyways I just love pretty looking tanks :)))



Lahn266 #39 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 17:26

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27958 battles
  • 203
  • [STI] STI
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011

First of all, I am the Taiwanese who presented the Nationalist Chinese (Taiwan) tank line to WG at Taipei Game Show. 

I was proposing for 2 lines of tanks for the NATIONALIST CHINA, aka the Republic of China, with a light-medium line and another line of arty. Ultimately, replace Communist China with our Blue-sky white-sun flag, or at least show them at back ground when you are on our side of the Chinese line. And I thought it was the Nationalists that fought against the Japs with our American brothers, so it should be the ROC instead of PRC in a WW2 based tank game, for historical accuracy, right? Well, for business and profit, I can take the PRC flag when is comes to commie chinese tanks.

WG says they will make the line, but with low priority. Then I waited for like 5 years and now I get 4 out of the 15 tanks I gave them. I took photos of the interior of the tanks, with technical details, and the line started from WW2 era until 1970s.

I am still happy with the tank. I don't care about the flag, because I made a mod for myself replacing all insignia, crew and flags to be historically accurate.

 

And why can't I buy the tank? I wanna buy my tank!



CynicalDutchie #40 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 20:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 41117 battles
  • 3,943
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostLahn266, on Feb 09 2019 - 17:26, said:

First of all, I am the Taiwanese who presented the Nationalist Chinese (Taiwan) tank line to WG at Taipei Game Show. 

I was proposing for 2 lines of tanks for the NATIONALIST CHINA, aka the Republic of China, with a light-medium line and another line of arty. Ultimately, replace Communist China with our Blue-sky white-sun flag, or at least show them at back ground when you are on our side of the Chinese line. And I thought it was the Nationalists that fought against the Japs with our American brothers, so it should be the ROC instead of PRC in a WW2 based tank game, for historical accuracy, right? Well, for business and profit, I can take the PRC flag when is comes to commie chinese tanks.

WG says they will make the line, but with low priority. Then I waited for like 5 years and now I get 4 out of the 15 tanks I gave them. I took photos of the interior of the tanks, with technical details, and the line started from WW2 era until 1970s.

I am still happy with the tank. I don't care about the flag, because I made a mod for myself replacing all insignia, crew and flags to be historically accurate.

 

And why can't I buy the tank? I wanna buy my tank!

 

WG doesn't care about historical accuracy.

This game spans a much larger time frame than just WW2.

The PRC line was added for the Chinese server.

WG is never going to add another arty line. They are fully aware how unbalanced the mechanic is but are simply too cowardly to do anything about it.

 

Thanks for the M41D though I guess.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users