New player has questions

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Tk_Tankman #1 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 06:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Hello folks, i am sort of new created this account and played for 2 hours then put it down.

I have a few questions 

1.What are the nations strengths and weakness  it`s not explained in the tutorial unless i missed it

2.Why can`t i get these tanks that i don`t see in the tech tree t7 combat car,MKA ect they wreck me then again i am only on tier 2 

3.Bushes don`t seem to provide camo i get shot by people even if i hide i must be missing something

4. This new player referral program how do i join it?

sylvv #2 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 06:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 147 battles

I used to play this game a lot years ago on a different account, and I just started again so what I say may not be 100% true, but..

1. This is really on a tank by tank basis, generally it's up to your preferences. Russians tend to have the best tanks, and the french lights are pretty good

2. These are special tanks that they've removed or given as a reward to certain players. I have a few on my 6 year old account

3. They only provide a small percentage to be factored into the spotting algorithm. Camo paint + camo net + bushes + not shooting your gun + etc... all factor into this.

As for question 4 I'm not sure, i havent been around long enough recently to know about that

Hope i helped :)

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 06:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 12923 battles

1. Nations dont have overall weakness's. Its a tank by tank basis

2. Exclusive tanks. (prem shop). You can get them from time to time.

3. Not all bushes work right now. But they need to be opaque to work if you are firing. Also, keep in mind the camo system is complicated, and not as straight forward might think

4. You need to have 1k battles to invite people. once the account is created, it cant be added.

Some twitch channels to watch:

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Feb 09 2019 - 06:52.

GenErwinRommel #4 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 06:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 65007 battles
  • [CATF] CATF

quit while your ahead

find another game

game is for Russian  players only

the maps all favor the Russian Op tanks

all updates are more buffs for the Russian tank tree

all tank characteristics for non Russian tanks are all lies

don't believe anything wargaming says

there's only 1 tank tree to grind

can you guess what it is ?

you guessed it its Russian !

and DON'T spend any money on the game

it's a waist and you will regret it

my opinion anyway

Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #5 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 08:36

Major

• Players
  • 35404 battles

View PostTk_Tankman, on Feb 09 2019 - 06:27, said:

1.What are the nations strengths and weakness  it`s not explained in the tutorial unless i missed it

Germany, mediocre nation dont bother

USA, nation with decent tanks

French, nation with good tanks but high skill cap

Russia, best nation because company is belorussian and biggest market is russia

UK, okay tanks with a few OP sprinkled

China, similar to Russia but with more weaker tanks

Japan, heavy tanks take 2 chromosomes to play

Sweden, very niche play styles also see French

Czechoslovakia, see French

Italy, see French

WIZD #6 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 08:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9985 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostTk_Tankman, on Feb 09 2019 - 06:27, said:

Hello folks, i am sort of new created this account and played for 2 hours then put it down.

I have a few questions 

2.Why can`t i get these tanks that i don`t see in the tech tree t7 combat car,MKA ect they wreck me then again i am only on tier 2 

3.Bushes don`t seem to provide camo i get shot by people even if i hide i must be missing something

4. This new player referral program how do i join it?

Honestly I'd walk away while you still can. I wouldn't recommend this game to any friend of mine. Why do I play it? I am invested in the game. The new wheeled vehicles make the game so much worse. That's my opinion though take it or leave it. If you want to make life easier for yourself though should you continue play the Russian line. I'd highly recommend a Russian medium.

Edited by WIZD, Feb 09 2019 - 08:46.

World_War_1_and_2 #7 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 12:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles

View PostTk_Tankman, on Feb 08 2019 - 21:27, said:

I have a few questions 

I can only answer question 3:

You have to learn where your visibility checkpoints are (watch the Wargaming Vehicle Spotting video below), and have them covered by the bush or bushes, else you will be spotted if some enemy tank is around.

And this is a finer point of camouflage: you can rotate (traverse) your turret as much as you want, and it will not break your camouflage.

But if you move your tank (not talking about the traversing of the turret, but the moving of the hull), even when in a bush, I think that lessens your camouflage -- until you stop moving your hull around.

World_War_1_and_2

Edited by World_War_1_and_2, Feb 09 2019 - 13:49.

Tk_Tankman #8 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 15:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Feb 09 2019 - 06:44, said:

1. Nations dont have overall weakness's. Its a tank by tank basis

2. Exclusive tanks. (prem shop). You can get them from time to time.

3. Not all bushes work right now. But they need to be opaque to work if you are firing. Also, keep in mind the camo system is complicated, and not as straight forward might think

4. You need to have 1k battles to invite people. once the account is created, it cant be added.

Some twitch channels to watch:

Thanks for the videos

Tk_Tankman #9 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostGenErwinRommel, on Feb 09 2019 - 06:47, said:

quit while your ahead

find another game

my opinion anyway

wow ok then you sound a bit salty normally people don't tell new players that stuff they defend the game they play

Tk_Tankman #10 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostWIZD, on Feb 09 2019 - 08:44, said:

Honestly I'd walk away while you still can. I wouldn't recommend this game to any friend of mine. Why do I play it? I am invested in the game. The new wheeled vehicles make the game so much worse. That's my opinion though take it or leave it. If you want to make life easier for yourself though should you continue play the Russian line. I'd highly recommend a Russian medium.

ok thanks I guess

World_War_1_and_2 #11 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles

View PostWIZD, on Feb 08 2019 - 23:44, said:

I quit the game. Cannot tell you how, because part of how I can do it is that it needs to be kept secret -- there's power to keeping things a secret.

But here's just something I want to post, called the 'Sunk Cost Fallacy':

What is this fallacy?

In economics, a sunk cost is any past cost that has already been paid and cannot be recovered. For example, a business may have invested a million dollars into new hardware. This money is now gone and cannot be recovered, so it shouldn’t figure into the business’s decision making process.

Or, let’s say you buy tickets to a concert. On the day of the event, you catch a cold. Even though you are sick, you decide to go to the concert because otherwise “you would have wasted your money”.

Boom! You just fell for the sunk cost fallacy.

Sure, you spent the money already. But you can’t get it back. If you aren’t going to have a good time at the concert, you only make your life worse by going.

Source: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-the-sunk-cost-fallacy-makes-you-act-stupid.html

World_War_1_and_2

Edited by World_War_1_and_2, Feb 09 2019 - 16:42.

Tolos #12 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostGenErwinRommel, on Feb 09 2019 - 05:47, said:

quit while your ahead

find another game

my opinion anyway

Oh shut up. 

Tk_Tankman #13 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostWorld_War_1_and_2, on Feb 09 2019 - 16:40, said:

I quit the game. Cannot tell you how, because part of how I can do it is that it needs to be kept secret -- there's power to keeping things a secret.

But here's just something I want to post, called the 'Sunk Cost Fallacy':

What is this fallacy?

In economics, a sunk cost is any past cost that has already been paid and cannot be recovered. For example, a business may have invested a million dollars into new hardware. This money is now gone and cannot be recovered, so it shouldn’t figure into the business’s decision making process.

Or, let’s say you buy tickets to a concert. On the day of the event, you catch a cold. Even though you are sick, you decide to go to the concert because otherwise “you would have wasted your money”.

Boom! You just fell for the sunk cost fallacy.

Sure, you spent the money already. But you can’t get it back. If you aren’t going to have a good time at the concert, you only make your life worse by going.

Source: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-the-sunk-cost-fallacy-makes-you-act-stupid.html

World_War_1_and_2

Oooooooooook:amazed:

World_War_1_and_2 #14 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles

View PostTk_Tankman, on Feb 09 2019 - 07:50, said:

Oooooooooook:amazed:

Okay  : D

Tolos #15 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 16:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF
OP, ignore all the idiots saying quit. Play the game make your own mind up. You will find a lot of salty snowflakes angry at the game due to their own failings. 

Tk_Tankman #16 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 17:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostTolos, on Feb 09 2019 - 16:53, said:

OP, ignore all the idiots saying quit. Play the game make your own mind up. You will find a lot of salty snowflakes angry at the game due to their own failings. 

oh they don't bother me I deal with salty people everyday I work a the DMV

Tk_Tankman #17 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 17:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
I am still curious about that new referral program do I need to make a new account and have someone invite me or get to 1k battles then I can I am so :mellow:

Edited by Tk_Tankman, Feb 09 2019 - 17:41.

Tolos #18 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTk_Tankman, on Feb 09 2019 - 16:39, said:

I am still curious about that new referral program do I need to make a new account and have someone invite me or get to 1k battles then I can I am so :mellow:

IIRC it needs to be a new account that is referred. To be honest though, im not 100% sure. Tsavo would know, He's also really helpful, PM him and ask. Also tell him I said hes a big girly girl. 

Tk_Tankman #19 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 18:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
Tried to I couldn't send it an error appear

The_Illusive_Man #20 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 18:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 12923 battles

View PostTk_Tankman, on Feb 09 2019 - 12:39, said:

Only a new account can be refereed UNLESS you stop playing with less than 200 battles (I think), after 60 days. You can refer after 1k battles for new players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users