Hiding Statistics

hiding statistics WN8 hiding names fair and balanced game Toxic game XVM Stats statistics team killing

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Mikosah #61 Posted Apr 09 2019 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
I still maintain that had they never tracked WR to begin with, the playerbase as a whole would be far less salty. All the other stats- completely unimportant. WR alone has caused so much salt simply because everyone wants to cash in their daily multipliers as fast as humanly possible and losses are wasted time and energy in that pursuit. A lost round is no skin off anyone's back. Wasted effort is.

Exiledcrow #62 Posted Apr 09 2019 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 49816 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostMonarchco, on Apr 09 2019 - 20:54, said:

If XVM can look at a match and go, "oh this team has a 95% chance to win" and be right most of the time, then that needs to not happen.

mhnnk?

Also, you claiming that blowouts aren't a large percentage of total battles is idiotic. I've seen no less than 60-70% of my battles be blowouts. if its 15>3 or 3<15. I don't care if its confirmation bias. It is why I left the game for 5 years straight. And I can guarantee the blowouts have caused more players than just me to leave the game.

You're welcome to argue that blowouts happen not because of skill, but because of where the tanks go. That simply isn't a realistic way to look at it. Why? Because SKILL determines where you go. Who is going to be playing their IS-7 on hill on Tundra? The good player. Whose going to be playing 1 line with their IS-7? The average or below average player, "because thats where the heavy tank fight is"

Skill determines where a team goes. If you've got a fast heavy platoon that is good, and they all go hill, while the enemy's fast heavy platoon goes 1 line and sits there. Hill will be wiped, while 1 line tries to push into TDs. Congratulations, you just got another blowout. ENTIRELY a result of skill. 

Any claim presented without evidence will be rejected without evidence. In other words, produce the hard data or gtfo.

Flarvin #63 Posted Apr 09 2019 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 54430 battles

View PostMikosah, on Apr 09 2019 - 16:50, said:

I still maintain that had they never tracked WR to begin with, the playerbase as a whole would be far less salty. All the other stats- completely unimportant. WR alone has caused so much salt simply because everyone wants to cash in their daily multipliers as fast as humanly possible and losses are wasted time and energy in that pursuit. A lost round is no skin off anyone's back. Wasted effort is.

Much like FL now. 

Nixeldon #64 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 01:17

Major

• Players
  • 60821 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Apr 09 2019 - 14:27, said:

I've been a longtime advocate of SBMM. Everyone else has it. Even Call of Duty added SBMM a long time ago around Modern Warfare 2 and that's significantly more casual than WoT.

Both AW and WT have had SBMM for some time, and see SIGNIFICANTLY less blowouts than WoT.

Obviously its not a complete fix to blowouts, but it would significantly reduce them.

That is not true at all. Most players didn't even realize it was in effect because the SIMM balancing had no noticeable impact on streaks or margin of victory. The developers even posted their data from over 28,000 matches. 

Richard Taylor, Armored Warfare Lead Developer:

"I do not think you would notice a drastic difference even if we disabled the influence skill has on Matchmaking which is certainly a point in favor of removing the mechanic all together. The goal was to try and eliminate that underlying random element of which players landed randomly on which team and I believe we accomplished that with the system. But if succeeding in that goal isn't providing an overall better experience for everyone, then the system doesn't need to stay."

Turtletipper #65 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 01:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 15742 battles
I suck so I don't care either way. :child:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users