152 replies to this topic

Badkarma #61 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 13:25

Captain

• Players
  • 32244 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostElevendy, on Feb 09 2019 - 23:47, said:

It's literally just competition.

Campaigns are some of the greatest times of the year for a World of Tanks player as most higher end players return to the game to play. It's almost like a yearly family reunion.

I've never been able to participate in CW due to my work schedule (and i'm not good enough) but I hold no ill will towards those who put in the time and earn the tanks. Congrats to all who got it and to those who participated but didn't get a tank, keep at it and better luck next time.

Edited by Badkarma, Feb 10 2019 - 13:38.

DrWho_ #62 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 13:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 26339 battles

View PostTR71777, on Feb 10 2019 - 10:04, said:

I don't know but I know there is a lot of them that are but the thing that gets me is WG keeps giving crappy tier 2s and 3s every year and expect us to do something with them why not give us players that truly can't do clan wars something that has more value and more of use then a POS tier 2s and 3s at least give us something good instead of waste of tank space crap I've been playing since beta and beta testing closed and open and yet I get not a damn thing for it but crappy Tier 2s and 3s what WG could at least give us a tier 8 or 9 or a 10 or maybe even a tier 7 at least something that is useful 

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this, looking in my account(s) I have a few Premiums that I haven't paid for and that I quite enjoy playing

Tier 3 US M22 Locust,  light tank I got for completing "Tank Academy" when I started my US account. Nothing spectacular about but a fun little tank that I still bring out now and then. Good starter tank for a new player

Tier 3 US MTLS 1G14, another LT that's quite fun to play, makes credits and didn't cost me anything

Tier 6 German Dicker Max, can't remember how I won that as it was before I paid attention to all the missions but it just showed up one day. A very competent TD and a great crew trainer

Tier 5 Russian Churchill III I got when I started my alt F2P account a couple of months ago. Nothing spectacular but makes good credits and works well for a new player since it's a good crew trainer for a Russian HT line

Tier 5 Russian T34 Shielded, don't play it much since I have other Russian MTs but it's certainly not bad and for a F2P account it would be just about right

Tier 3 Russian T127, LT that I got for something at some point, much like the Locust it's a fun tank to play and certainly not crap

Tier 2 German MKA, a fun LT that sadly doesn't get much use due to the server population and the fact that I don't like going down to tier 2 much as even I feel I'm seal clubbing down there

Tier 2 Swedish L60, nothing spectacular but it was free and it's not terrible

Tier 2 Polish TKS20 LT.... this one really *is* fairly crappy, I'll give you that :)

I'm sure I've overlooked some some stuff but there are also the reward tanks for the campaigns, like my Stug IV, in addition to that we regularly get "rental" tanks that allows us to try tier 7/8 Premiums and they give you rentals for things like FrontLine that are actually quite decent and allows those without suitable tanks for this even rake in tons of credits and have some fun

No I do not agree with you about the "crapiness" of the tanks us regular players get our hands on for free and in addition there are, as I mentioned in an earlier post, several Premiums for sale that are considered damn good. Just don't make the CW tanks OP if they're allowed to be used in random battles and I really don't have anything to complain about in this regard, and trust me, I've got plenty to say about other things around here :)

Knagar #63 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 14:10

Captain

• Players
  • 22184 battles

View PostTR71777, on Feb 09 2019 - 17:26, said:

Look I know that there are plenty of people right now that are pissed at the unicums and super unicum clans that they are the only one's that are allowed to get these tanks and us regular average players are only allowed POS premium tanks that don't do anything at all but collect dust and be [edited]in matches yes we all wish we could get the M60 Patton or any special reward tank but lets face it we as regular players are not allowed to have them obviously WG doesn't want normal average players to get them only their buddies the unicums and their super clans granted they earned them and all but lately people been [edited]and complaining about hell I did my fair share but almost got banned over the M60 Patton so with that being said lets just face the music and deal with the fact that we are not allowed to get any of them tanks and the fact we are only allowed to get POS premium tanks from the premium shop and move on that's all we can do.

I think the problem is with how over powered the current T95 CW tank is. This thing is better than most of the current meta heavies in the game, and having 350mm of frontal turret armor means once it hits a ridge.. That's pretty much it.. It's has more actual, 350mm, and more effective (550mm-700mm) turret armor than the Kranvagn, the current hull down king.

That means that even with HE, most tanks in game won't even be able to do HE damage. Anything below Tier 10 is never going through that turret with premium, and even the JPzE100 with it's 420mm heat rounds is never standing a chance.

The only frontal weak spot is behind the gun shield, which you will never hit, and the tiny, and I mean small as they could model it, hatch on top. The thing is so small that even at around 5.5 degree incline. I mean that's rolling your tracks up a small speed bump to hide your hatch.

It's fast, I think the stats on tanks.gg have to be off, I've had this thing get into position just after a BC-25t. A 60,000 lb tank accelerating and getting into position almost as fast as a BC, something isn't right at all.

Then they stick these tanks in the hands of only the best players in the game and let them loose in games where the MM system sees them against Joe Average in a Tier 8 tank on average.

It's really easy to see why people might be a bit upset.

I personally don't care, it seems as if WG is actively going around setting the dumpsters on fire while the ship is sinking, but it's their company, they can do as they please.

BigWoolyMammoth #64 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33869 battles
This WG special tank logic is so flawed... EX. Patriots won the Super Bowl, they now get the 1st 5 picks of the NFL draft and get 4 points for field goals next year too. Lets give the best players in the game free OP tanks = WG logic

Sparrowran #65 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 698 battles

I am happy for people who are really good players and put in the time, effort and organization to win a great tank! I just wish WG would make it where we the people who are not good etc. could get one like six months later or something. 

I am sure almost all those who won them would not mind if the ones regular people got had some sort of different color or something (no, not pink.... lol )  That way the great players could still be distinguished from the masses, and get to sport around in the tanks for a half year or something. 

Tolos #66 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostBigWoolyMammoth, on Feb 10 2019 - 19:02, said:

This WG special tank logic is so flawed... EX. Patriots won the Super Bowl, they now get the 1st 5 picks of the NFL draft and get 4 points for field goals next year too. Lets give the best players in the game free OP tanks = WG logic

Player logic. WG gives everyone a chance to win the tank, if those players CHOOSE not to take part. Blame WG. 

TR71777 #67 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 21:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6683 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

View PostTolos, on Feb 10 2019 - 19:38, said:

Player logic. WG gives everyone a chance to win the tank, if those players CHOOSE not to take part. Blame WG. 

um I tried to and really wanted to but every clan I been in either don't want me in it or choose someone else or kick me from the CW roster I have every reason to feel how I feel players like me are being treated like crap and unfairly by clans that act like they all high and mighty saying who can go to which and where I feel that choosing part should be stripped from the leaders or anyone who starts a CW I feel that WG should let the game put people in CW not let it be up to the clan leaders to decide.

Tolos #68 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 21:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTR71777, on Feb 10 2019 - 20:16, said:

um I tried to and really wanted to but every clan I been in either don't want me in it or choose someone else or kick me from the CW roster I have every reason to feel how I feel players like me are being treated like crap and unfairly by clans that act like they all high and mighty saying who can go to which and where I feel that choosing part should be stripped from the leaders or anyone who starts a CW I feel that WG should let the game put people in CW not let it be up to the clan leaders to decide.

If you're not good enough to win something, you shouldn't win it. Its that simple dude.

WHY would clan leaders risk losing a game just because YOU feel like you deserve a tank. If you want to win a tank, play better, get better, get more tier 10's and make yourself invaluable a clan. 

Take some responsibility, stop blaming clan leaders for doing whats best for their clan, stop blaming WG for you not being good enough to get something.  

Hellsfog #69 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 38333 battles

The entire time I was reading this [edited], whiny thread, I was wondering under what circumstances I would want the OP in any clan that I was in. I can't think of any. If he was [edited]but a decent guy who tired in earnest, I could see trying to carry the guy.  If he was an otherwise decent guy who occasionally lost his crapdue to his meds or lack of his meds, okay. Problem is he isn't either of those. If he was an average, or even great, player, I would not want to put up with the level of [edited]displayed in this thread. 

So I thought maybe I'm being unfair. Maybe the OP and his clan tried really hard to get tanks but didn't.  I checked. The OP's clan, in which he is a combat officer, didn't fight a single battle in the last campaign and he has only played on CW battle ever. He's complaining about not getting something which he and his clan made no effort to get. 

Thank you WG for making clan wars rewards tanks exclusive enough to keep them out of the hands of players like the OP.

Monarchco #70 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 22:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13280 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostTR71777, on Feb 09 2019 - 15:26, said:

Look I know that there are plenty of people right now that are pissed at the unicums and super unicum clans that they are the only one's that are allowed to get these tanks and us regular average players are only allowed POS premium tanks that don't do anything at all but collect dust and be [edited]in matches yes we all wish we could get the M60 Patton or any special reward tank but lets face it we as regular players are not allowed to have them obviously WG doesn't want normal average players to get them only their buddies the unicums and their super clans granted they earned them and all but lately people been [edited]and complaining about hell I did my fair share but almost got banned over the M60 Patton so with that being said lets just face the music and deal with the fact that we are not allowed to get any of them tanks and the fact we are only allowed to get POS premium tanks from the premium shop and move on that's all we can do.

if bad players got M60s, there would be a lot of free damage at tier 10s.

Its an incredibly difficult tank to play even after the buff. It has marginal advantages over the M48 in a few limited categories, all of which matter far less in the current meta than the armor advantages and dpm the M48 has, allowing it to actually work a ridgeline.

The only /useful/ advantage the M60 has over the M48 is mobility. But if you want that you're better off still with a leo or stb-1. Both of which are no more fragile than the M60.

tldr; Do you want a T-22 as well? Because that thing is garbage as well.

Edited by Monarchco, Feb 10 2019 - 22:13.

TR71777 #71 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 23:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6683 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

View PostHellsfog, on Feb 10 2019 - 20:52, said:

The entire time I was reading this [edited], whiny thread, I was wondering under what circumstances I would want the OP in any clan that I was in. I can't think of any. If he was [edited]but a decent guy who tired in earnest, I could see trying to carry the guy.  If he was an otherwise decent guy who occasionally lost his crapdue to his meds or lack of his meds, okay. Problem is he isn't either of those. If he was an average, or even great, player, I would not want to put up with the level of [edited]displayed in this thread. 

So I thought maybe I'm being unfair. Maybe the OP and his clan tried really hard to get tanks but didn't.  I checked. The OP's clan, in which he is a combat officer, didn't fight a single battle in the last campaign and he has only played on CW battle ever. He's complaining about not getting something which he and his clan made no effort to get. 

Thank you WG for making clan wars rewards tanks exclusive enough to keep them out of the hands of players like the OP.

you obviously didn't read that I was in other clans I repeat other clans that do CWs this clan I am in doesn't do them for some reason and fk your exclusive bs certain tanks should never be exclusive pricks like you will ruin games like this and WG should be sued to force them to stop showing faves to certain players or clans and stop making tanks exclusive and trust me I am not the only one that thinks that I know plenty of people that would sue this company to force them to stop making tanks exclusive and one of them is a business lawyer and trust me he thinks this is the worst business that only caters to certain few and trust me he would do it if his law firm lets him

Tolos #72 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 23:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTR71777, on Feb 10 2019 - 22:09, said:

you obviously didn't read that I was in other clans I repeat other clans that do CWs this clan I am in doesn't do them for some reason and fk your exclusive bs certain tanks should never be exclusive pricks like you will ruin games like this and WG should be sued to force them to stop showing faves to certain players or clans and stop making tanks exclusive and trust me I am not the only one that thinks that I know plenty of people that would sue this company to force them to stop making tanks exclusive and one of them is a business lawyer and trust me he thinks this is the worst business that only caters to certain few and trust me he would do it if his law firm lets him

Talk about utter gibberish....

TR71777 #73 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 23:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6683 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

View PostTolos, on Feb 10 2019 - 22:10, said:

Talk about utter gibberish....

how when I am being honest and speaking the truth WG only caters to players that they know

redjkent #74 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 23:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 99423 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostTR71777, on Feb 10 2019 - 22:43, said:

how when I am being honest and speaking the truth WG only caters to players that they know

he protects clans at all costs, they can do no wrong while everyone else is wrong, not worth talking to him at all

Edited by redjkent, Feb 10 2019 - 23:45.

Tolos #75 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 00:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTR71777, on Feb 10 2019 - 22:43, said:

You was talking about suing a company for not giving you want to want. Tell me how that isnt gibberish....

View Postredjkent, on Feb 10 2019 - 22:45, said:

he protects clans at all costs, they can do no wrong while everyone else is wrong, not worth talking to him at all

No, I speak the truth, players like yourself dont like it. I understand why though, the truth hurts. 

TR71777 #76 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 01:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6683 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

View PostTolos, on Feb 10 2019 - 23:07, said:

You was talking about suing a company for not giving you want to want. Tell me how that isnt gibberish....

No, I speak the truth, players like yourself dont like it. I understand why though, the truth hurts. 

Look all I am saying that no player should have control over another player or tell another player what they can't do especially in CW personally they need to make it where these tanks available to everyone not just be exclusive to CW WG needs to do away with the clan wars and make it a system where everyone can get a tank no matter what stats and what fking piss me off is stat Nazis that keep bashing other players over their stats and then some not to mention telling other players that they are not allowed to do CW or do this or that cause of their stats they should strip that said power form players like you that tell others that they can't get this or not allowed to get that and let the game decide not the player.

Asassian7 #77 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 01:19

Major

• Players
  • 25511 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO
M60 sucks just FYI

Tolos #78 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 01:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTR71777, on Feb 11 2019 - 00:13, said:

Look all I am saying that no player should have control over another player or tell another player what they can't do especially in CW personally they need to make it where these tanks available to everyone not just be exclusive to CW WG needs to do away with the clan wars and make it a system where everyone can get a tank no matter what stats and what fking piss me off is stat Nazis that keep bashing other players over their stats and then some not to mention telling other players that they are not allowed to do CW or do this or that cause of their stats they should strip that said power form players like you that tell others that they can't get this or not allowed to get that and let the game decide not the player.

Wow, just wow...

So you dont think that someone that pays to make a clan, puts the effort into building up the clan, makes strats, has the stress of trying to keep sometimes 100 people happy, should have a say on who joins his clan. Its CLEAR now, why no clan that can win the tanks will EVER take you, you have a MASSIVE chip on your shoulder.

Infact if I was your current clan leader, I would kick you to the curb right now and save on the stress you WILL cause him when you spit your dummy out when you dont get what you want

Lovegoat996 #79 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 01:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47148 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I would give you my m60 if i could. Worst reward tank

TR71777 #80 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 01:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6683 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

View PostTolos, on Feb 11 2019 - 00:25, said:

Wow, just wow...

So you dont think that someone that pays to make a clan, puts the effort into building up the clan, makes strats, has the stress of trying to keep sometimes 100 people happy, should have a say on who joins his clan. Its CLEAR now, why no clan that can win the tanks will EVER take you, you have a MASSIVE chip on your shoulder.

Infact if I was your current clan leader, I would kick you to the curb right now and save on the stress you WILL cause him when you spit your dummy out when you dont get what you want

ya I do have a fking chip on my shoulder cause when I was with a few other clans that were doing CW I wanted to do some with my  T110E5 but no I had leaders turn around invite me then kick me after another clan member came in then I get this sorry bro or sorry bud this guy is a bit better or this guy has more experience in CW so ya I have a fking chip on my damn shoulders you would be too if you were constantly told that you can't do this or that all I ever wanted was a chance but no wasn't even given a chance FYI I have been playing since beta closed and open and beta testing as well I know how to play this game I am far from stupid and very educated 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users