Avenger mission Progetto crew question

Progetto crew Avenger mission 75th Anniversary 100% training

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MakersMike #1 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 11:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2325 battles

I thought i remember reading something about this scenario.

For the Avenger mission, I have the 100% Progetto crew that we keep.  I just started the Italian line, tier 4.  I figure I'll probably move that Progetto crew into the tier 5 or 6.  Question, is there some advantage of not adding a skill yet and just letting that experience add up for when I transfer the crew.   I'll movie it over with coin, so they'll be at 90%.  Will holding that skill experience make the crew grind faster to 100% at all?  Or should I just add the skills now for the games I'll play in the progetto so they'll be on the crew with I retrain at 90%

Thanks

omi5cron #2 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 11:41

Major

• Players
  • 21710 battles
  • [2323] 2323

not sure if i truly get what you are asking,but if you dont plan on keeping crew in that tank (rental) get any skills NOW while you can.when you do the 90% on a new tank,any "skills" exp remains "frozen" while you go from 90 to 100%.on crew tank training. however any skills you might already HAVE will be working for the 90-100 grind. for instance,you switch that crew and start grinding at 90%. say you have situational awareness at 35% (just an example).that situ aware will be active at 35% UNTIL you hit 100% fully trained crewman,at which time the skill will THEN start increasing again.

perks wont work AT ALL until they hit 100% so that wont enter into this scenario.

i might be mistaken about skills increasing while crew is NOT 100% but i do know that any skills they have partially active will still be partially active.while they grind that 90 to 100%.and ANY skill that you have accrued will not affect speed of your 90 to 100 climb.again i am not 100% sure...anyone with better info please chime in.

ElfMagi2 #3 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 12:15

Captain

• Players
  • 55218 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

If you wait to select a skill/perk and let the xp accumulate then when you train the crew to a new tank it will use some of that xp to train your crew to 100%.

This is very useful if using credits to retrain your crew but if you are planning to use gold to retrain then select the skill/perk right away.

WIZD #4 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 12:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10004 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostMakersMike, on Feb 10 2019 - 11:23, said:

I thought i remember reading something about this scenario.

For the Avenger mission, I have the 100% Progetto crew that we keep.  I just started the Italian line, tier 4.  I figure I'll probably move that Progetto crew into the tier 5 or 6.  Question, is there some advantage of not adding a skill yet and just letting that experience add up for when I transfer the crew.   I'll movie it over with coin, so they'll be at 90%.  Will holding that skill experience make the crew grind faster to 100% at all?  Or should I just add the skills now for the games I'll play in the progetto so they'll be on the crew with I retrain at 90%

Thanks

If i read that right you're asking about transferring between the Italian tanks the Progetto and not wanting to waste xp? If so your regular crew can be placed in the Progetto without losing the skills and perk. That's how premium vehicles work. If that's not what you were asking then please disregard. Oh one more thing if you wanted to put the fully trained crew in another vehicle then I would look at what kind of crew that tank uses and plan accordingly. Either way better skilled crew is always better in my opinion. You could always spend some gold to retrain the skills later for no xp loss.

Edited by WIZD, Feb 10 2019 - 13:00.

MakersMike #5 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 06:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2325 battles

View PostElfMagi2, on Feb 10 2019 - 03:15, said:

If you wait to select a skill/perk and let the xp accumulate then when you train the crew to a new tank it will use some of that xp to train your crew to 100%.

This is very useful if using credits to retrain your crew but if you are planning to use gold to retrain then select the skill/perk right away.

I think Elf hit on what I was referring to.  Either way I think it may balance out, but if I don't select skills now, when I pay the 20k coin per crew member to transfer a crew

to new tank, instead of 90% trained, the crews will be a higher percentage because they're using that skill exp also.  And I thoiught I remembered that it's actually more efficient that way then if I were to add skills, and do a reset on the next tank to bring crew to 100%.  

MakersMike #6 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 06:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2325 battles

View PostWIZD, on Feb 10 2019 - 03:58, said:

If i read that right you're asking about transferring between the Italian tanks the Progetto and not wanting to waste xp? If so your regular crew can be placed in the Progetto without losing the skills and perk. That's how premium vehicles work. If that's not what you were asking then please disregard. Oh one more thing if you wanted to put the fully trained crew in another vehicle then I would look at what kind of crew that tank uses and plan accordingly. Either way better skilled crew is always better in my opinion. You could always spend some gold to retrain the skills later for no xp loss.

Thanks WIZD.  Yes I know how premiums work, And the situation  is I hadn't started the Italian line yet.  So I free experienced to the tier IV so I could do the Avenger missions.  Many people are missing the boat on this one.  7 missions total.  With a total of 180,000 experience to tanks of your choice if you complete them all, and the missions aren't even that hard.

Well worth using exp to get to the IV.  

Part of the mission is you get 15 battles in Progetto rental for help on some of the missions.  It comes with 100% crew, so better than the scrubs I put in the tier 4.   We get to keep that crew, so I'll be moving it over to the tech tree line probably when I get the tier 5 Italian.  Trying to be thrifty and find the most efficient way to move them with coin :-)

Thanks all for the replies.  And start that Italian mission now if you haven't.  Finish one tonight each day.  By Wednesday you'll get 30k exp reward to a tank you use, and Friday you'll get the 50k exp reward.  Can only do one mission per day.  So too late to get the the 7th mission and the 100k if you haven't started yet,.

Also tagged with Progetto, crew, Avenger, mission, 75th, Anniversary, 100%, training

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users