• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

WhineMaker #21 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 08:35

Major

• Players
  • 35743 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postjamesboss, on Feb 10 2019 - 09:45, said:

35K games more than 70% of that is in arty and he is a 50% win rate .......i wender why!!!! 

if arty is simple to work around i will give you a challenge play a samle of 100 games in your tier 10 tanks and post the resaults here 

btw keep eating cryons

Oh no, the I'm better than you card has been played... :facepalm:

/end of discussion

I hate to be the one to inform you, I could care less about stats in a video game. I only play WoT for funsies, nothing else... :ohmy:

I'm sorry, with the cherry flavored windows mod installed, I like to lick the cherry flavored windows over eating the crayons. I quit eating crayons many years ago... ;)

I'll make sure to play arty exclusively, if only to make your games more dynamic and enjoyable... :great:

All queued for another frontlines battle...   :P

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 10 2019 - 11:12, said:

Blitz is dumb.

...and so is the constant whining how arty is so broken and unfair... ;)

Cargo_Joe #22 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 23:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12177 battles
  • [GDR] GDR

View PostI_Vocatus_I, on Feb 10 2019 - 12:12, said:

12 minutes into the round and somebody finally kicked the bucket.

Triple arty matches are just such memes.

It does blow!

64sherman #23 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 23:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26545 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 10 2019 - 11:17, said:

...and WoT Blitz is arty free, all the time... :ohmy:

Just for players like you and all those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT, which currently includes arty... :arta:

Such a simple workaround, so simple, even a caveman can figure it out... :facepalm:

Stop whining about how people should go play blitz and actually support fixing the game. 

This isn't the WoT Blitz forum, plus the games are totally different regarding gameplay.  Not an argument.  

Edited by 64sherman, Feb 18 2019 - 23:44.

64sherman #24 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 23:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26545 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View Postbennyjw98, on Feb 11 2019 - 13:37, said:

Of course arty prevents camping.
If I see a cluster of TD's sitting behind a bush I'm gonna drop one right in the middle of them to get them moving. 

Yeah except that almost never happens because the maps aren't designed to allow that sort of gameplay.  The maps funnel tanks into corridors to get dunked on.  I wish arty was actually for strategically taking out TDs that don't use their camo properly.  Instead all the arty I've come across aim at corners in town and wait for a heavy to drive by for some easy points.  

Diesel__2 #25 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 01:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3208 battles

View Postbennyjw98, on Feb 11 2019 - 11:37, said:

Of course arty prevents camping.
If I see a cluster of TD's sitting behind a bush I'm gonna drop one right in the middle of them to get them moving. 

ONLY good thing about the arty change, the stun crap....is that it doesn't do much damage if you have a good spot with a TD.  Arty is easy to fool.  They think they can make you move.  Just don't more.  LOL.  They feel high and mighty about their "powers" and they figure (see above statement) that the TD's get scared and move.  I just stay.  After the first stun by the arty...they move on, I don't ;)

xperiment2g #26 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32628 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Bring WoTBlitz to PC.  OK, I'm in.

Metia #27 Posted Feb 20 2019 - 02:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12465 battles

View Post64sherman, on Feb 18 2019 - 23:47, said:

Yeah except that almost never happens because the maps aren't designed to allow that sort of gameplay.  The maps funnel tanks into corridors to get dunked on.  I wish arty was actually for strategically taking out TDs that don't use their camo properly.  Instead all the arty I've come across aim at corners in town and wait for a heavy to drive by for some easy points.  

Except that only is accurate in city maps...  I was playing on sand river in my M53/M55, then this happened http://wotreplays.eu...r-metia-m53_m55

I am not particularly good at this game, i have health issues which give me tremors, which sucks, so I tend to miss a lot of shots in any vehicle really... But, if people *really* want to sit in the middle of Sand River, in a pile of heavy tanks, moving 10 meters back and forth, then yes, I am simply going to shell the crap out of them, I have no reason not to, and it is the biggest help I can give to my team.  I was not counter batteried once, opposing tanks did not move into an arty shadow, no scouts were sent my way.  I have no idea what the enemy team was doing (I have not bothered to watch replay) but I bet "we are getting destroyed by spg fire from the SE, please help" was not what was being communicated to the team.

I even have a mod that shows common camping locations.  If people spent 5 minutes and simply looked at the mini map, and did a search for "where is the best place to fire from on *map name*" on google they could have the exact same info.

I am also using an estimated flight time mod, so you can see when I roam the map in sniper mode, how long I have to plan ahead to shoot any location, it shows my reload time and when I ping the map it will tell my team the remaining reload time until my next shell. (this is just helpful to non arty players to see rough timing of how many shots they can take before I can take my next one.)

WeSayNotToday #28 Posted Feb 20 2019 - 09:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21342 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 10 2019 - 20:12, said:

Blitz is dumb.

I suspect the reason for that is the lack of depth in Blitz that WoT PC has, like arty.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Feb 20 2019 - 09:12.

FineousOrlon #29 Posted Feb 20 2019 - 11:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20981 battles

View Post64sherman, on Feb 18 2019 - 23:44, said:

Stop whining about how people should go play blitz and actually support fixing the game.

What is it that is broken about the game?  I think USSR-tank bias is the biggest problem, and seal-clubbing/ low-tier MM problems and OP premium tanks are right up there as well.

Arty?  Nope.  I have been deleted by a CGC and stunned by what appeared to be coordinated effort, but was probably just me being the most-likely or easiest target, and I had the sound set weirdly once and nearly jumped out of my chair when my tank apparently had a meteor hit it, but I do not think arty is a problem.

Arty is not what is broken about this game.

zimmlock #30 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 09:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 38067 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH

View Postbomberbabs, on Feb 11 2019 - 04:54, said:

I will start and say that I love playing arty's.  I've become discouraged with the complaints about some players using arty and others don't care for them.  I think they're a great help for my teams.  I look to protect my teammates from other larger tanks and snipe tank areas that are throwing fire in my teams direction.  I can't understand when a new patch comes out it seems that they have nerfed all the arty's so its to the point that you can't hit anything and we seem to go slower with a slower reload time.  If the other teammates looked there is only one premium arty in the game (French tier 5).  To do the same thing that arty does they now started to use wheeled vehicles that I can just sit and hope that others on my team will kill before they kill me.  I've also had teammates push me out of their way, kill me, shoot me and stay near me but now protect me.  If that was happening to you as you would be trying to do the best for your team so you could get more points would you be laughing?  I just want the same chance and ability as everyone else in the game.  If WG can fix the arty's problems with the nerfs then just give into the people that don't know how to be good sports and get rid of arty and the many of us that enjoy them.

Very well spoken

Ratnikk #31 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 10:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11115 battles
Play the wheeled vehicles go rush the arties and stop complaining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users