Jump to content


Operation Avenger: Day 4


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

RC3141 #1 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 18:36

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3409 battles
  • 17
  • [SGCHK] SGCHK
  • Member since:
    12-09-2016

I've been playing through the Operation Avenger missions (to get that 180k xp bonus). Now, day four seems like it should be a piece of cake. Get 10 kills in an Italian vehicle? I've done that before. But, when I went out to do the mission, I got 3 kills out of the 10 I needed in a 2-hour play session. I think what happened was that because I was aware of the mission requirements, I played differently, and after repeated losses/poor matches I got frustrated by it, causing me to play worse.

 

Does anyone have advice for how to remedy situations like this?



RetroMan55 #2 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 18:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 86295 battles
  • 1,173
  • [DWING] DWING
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View PostRC3141, on Feb 10 2019 - 11:36, said:

I've been playing through the Operation Avenger missions (to get that 180k xp bonus). Now, day four seems like it should be a piece of cake. Get 10 kills in an Italian vehicle? I've done that before. But, when I went out to do the mission, I got 3 kills out of the 10 I needed in a 2-hour play session. I think what happened was that because I was aware of the mission requirements, I played differently, and after repeated losses/poor matches I got frustrated by it, causing me to play worse.

 

Does anyone have advice for how to remedy situations like this?

 

Are you saying the Avenger Day 4 mission is still active for you RIGHT NOW??  it is DAY 5 for most of the rest of us.

HeavyMetalSix #3 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 18:49

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 52127 battles
  • 189
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011
Day 5 isn't active for me.....

RetroMan55 #4 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 18:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 86295 battles
  • 1,173
  • [DWING] DWING
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View PostHeavyMetalSix, on Feb 10 2019 - 11:49, said:

Day 5 isn't active for me.....

 

No, it isn't for any of us that finished Day 4 yesterday, but if he is still running Day 4 now, that would go to the discussion as to whether there is an actual 24 hour window between missions, instead of the server reset at 5 AM we are all used to.  Maybe the new Texas staff doesn't understand what is the common method we all have playing by for years.

BigDollarBillz #5 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 19:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 37696 battles
  • 3,710
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
Just play the way you always do. Don't try to hard or you will start to play like me, which is bad. I'm not even doing this one as I have only been playing a few games here and there every day.

tod914 #6 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 19:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 61183 battles
  • 4,938
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Wish they would of put a time indicator on when the next one will be available.  Problem with doing it this way is, you'll keep getting pushed back by the amount of time it takes you to complete that days mission, the following day.

Edited by tod914, Feb 10 2019 - 19:58.


ricko7 #7 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:01

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1428 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostRC3141, on Feb 10 2019 - 17:36, said:

I've been playing through the Operation Avenger missions (to get that 180k xp bonus). Now, day four seems like it should be a piece of cake. Get 10 kills in an Italian vehicle? I've done that before. But, when I went out to do the mission, I got 3 kills out of the 10 I needed in a 2-hour play session. I think what happened was that because I was aware of the mission requirements, I played differently, and after repeated losses/poor matches I got frustrated by it, causing me to play worse.

 

Does anyone have advice for how to remedy situations like this?

 

You fell into the trap where you are going to have to buy the tank to finish the missions.Best go south.

streams12 #8 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:15

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 29622 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postricko7, on Feb 10 2019 - 20:01, said:

 

You fell into the trap where you are going to have to buy the tank to finish the missions.Best go south.

This is the fastest way for players who already have Progetto 46.



Peak_Bagger #9 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:24

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17799 battles
  • 1,014
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
  • Member since:
    03-16-2017

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 10 2019 - 19:03, said:

Just play the way you always do. Don't try to hard or you will start to play like me, which is bad. I'm not even doing this one as I have only been playing a few games here and there every day.

 

You really should make a point of doing these if you have any grinds going on. There's 180K of experience to be had. They only take me a few games a day and you're a much better player than me, Billz. The Day 5 one, whenever it's active, will likely only take you 1 game in the Progetto 46, then 1 game in any tank that you're grinding to collect the 50K of XP. Too good to miss!

sixpackdaddy #10 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:44

    Private

  • Players
  • 15945 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    05-09-2012
Day 1 didn't open for me until Friday.

_I_AM_BAD_ #11 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 20:45

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6580 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    07-12-2018
Italien missions broken, the missions now want "SECRET SIGN TOKEN'S". Those are the scavenger hunt tokens lol.

SgtFtKnox #12 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 21:04

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 49419 battles
  • 314
  • [FATED] FATED
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View PostRetroMan55, on Feb 10 2019 - 12:54, said:

 

No, it isn't for any of us that finished Day 4 yesterday, but if he is still running Day 4 now, that would go to the discussion as to whether there is an actual 24 hour window between missions, instead of the server reset at 5 AM we are all used to.  Maybe the new Texas staff doesn't understand what is the common method we all have playing by for years.

 

​Ok, so when will day 5 open?????

fulcrum1000 #13 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 21:58

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 45945 battles
  • 28
  • [LNM] LNM
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

Not working for me. I have to do number 5 and is N/A today....

 



APA_Woody #14 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 15:19

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3193 battles
  • 39
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostSgtFtKnox, on Feb 10 2019 - 15:04, said:

 

​Ok, so when will day 5 open?????

 

It opens the next day after you complete day 4. Not everyone is on the same "day" of the mission. The end of the mission event is the 16th, and each "Day" in the mission represents essentially the days of the actual battle in WWII. For the event, you can only complete one "day" per 24 hour period, however it's worked out to more of a calendar day for me, as my next missions were available when I sign in the next day no matter what time it was (and was definitely less than 24 hrs). I'm a day behind because I had never played the Italian tech tree and needed to get to tier IV to start the missions, but I'm really enjoying these missions and the xp rewards that come with it!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users