• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Schmarbs523 #1 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18445 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

http://wotreplays.eu...rbs523-p_43_bis

Feel free to watch the replay if you like. But this match would have been a win had a certain player not made the most boneheaded decision I've ever seen in this game.

If you don't feel like watching the replay, the short version of this story is this:

To win, my team needed to get three tanks on cap in order to cap before time ran out. But instead of getting on cap, one of the three remaining tanks on my team (KV-1S) decided to try to chase down the enemy T67 on the opposite side of the map that had just taken out one of our remaining artillery. The match ended in a draw with 10 or 11 seconds left on the cap timer.

What could have been an epic win turned into one of the most frustrating draws I've ever been a part of. I still ended up having an excellent match; it was an Ace Tanker after all. But I honestly can't comprehend throwing what was pretty much a sure-fire win to try to chase down a tank that is faster than you on the opposite side of the map.

Diesel__2 #2 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3101 battles

View PostSchmarbs523, on Feb 10 2019 - 23:02, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...rbs523-p_43_bis

Feel free to watch the replay if you like. But this match would have been a win had a certain player not made the most boneheaded decision I've ever seen in this game.

If you don't feel like watching the replay, the short version of this story is this:

To win, my team needed to get three tanks on cap in order to cap before time ran out. But instead of getting on cap, one of the three remaining tanks on my team (KV-1S) decided to try to chase down the enemy T67 on the opposite side of the map that had just taken out one of our remaining artillery. The match ended in a draw with 10 or 11 seconds left on the cap timer.

What could have been an epic win turned into one of the most frustrating draws I've ever been a part of. I still ended up having an excellent match; it was an Ace Tanker after all. But I honestly can't comprehend throwing what was pretty much a sure-fire win to try to chase down a tank that is faster than you on the opposite side of the map.

Title is wrong though.  Even tomatoes such as myself get frustrated by that also...no just "good" players ;)

BigDollarBillz #3 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:09

Major

• Players
  • 37727 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
the person has probably been team killed for capping, or has heard kill all one to many times. All though I cap every chance I get. I have been burnt to many times by people not capping, trying to get those last few kills.

Schmarbs523 #4 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18445 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 11 2019 - 01:09, said:

the person has probably been team killed for capping, or has heard kill all one to many times. All though I cap every chance I get. I have been burnt to many times by people not capping, trying to get those last few kills.

The key with capping vs kill all is knowing when either one should be done. Capping in a close game, yes. Kill all in a blowout, yes. Kill all in a close game, depends, you may not have a choice. Cap in a blowout, for the love of god please don’t (also lost out on a Top Gun earlier this evening due to a premature cap; again, still was an Ace Tanker so a very good game, but frustrating nonetheless).

BigDollarBillz #5 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:19

Major

• Players
  • 37727 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostSchmarbs523, on Feb 11 2019 - 02:14, said:

The key with capping vs kill all is knowing when either one should be done. Capping in a close game, yes. Kill all in a blowout, yes. Kill all in a close game, depends, you may not have a choice. Cap in a blowout, for the love of god please don’t (also lost out on a Top Gun earlier this evening due to a premature cap; again, still was an Ace Tanker so a very good game, but frustrating nonetheless).

What about those needing to cap for a mission? I have had losses were there was 6 or 7 on my team left and 2 on the other team. Just for them trying to kill the last two 100 percent hp tanks. I will always get on the cap. But I will also pull of the cap and give them a few chances. Besides it takes what a minute and thirty eight seconds for one person to cap right? if 7 or 8 guys can't find the last one or two people in that amount of time, then they won't ever find them.

Stevenwt #6 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2652 battles
One thing I noticed long ago was that most people seem to actively avoid caping or defending the base. Seriously it’s to the point where one Mach on lake view with no artillery and the objective to cap the city and we only lost four people on our team because what looked like the entire other team set up n the city and caped it while the rest of our team sloged through Valley.

Stevenwt #7 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2652 battles

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 11 2019 - 01:19, said:

What about those needing to cap for a mission? I have had losses were there was 6 or 7 on my team left and 2 on the other team. Just for them trying to kill the last two 100 percent hp tanks. I will always get on the cap. But I will also pull of the cap and give them a few chances. Besides it takes what a minute and thirty eight seconds for one person to cap right? if 7 or 8 guys can't find the last one or two people in that amount of time, then they won't ever find them.

given missions then cap away. Heck in stuck doing mt15 in a m4 Sherman because the number of tds  on the map seems to vary between zero and none half the time.

Schmarbs523 #8 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18445 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 11 2019 - 01:19, said:

That’s where discretion comes in. If there are 5 heavies left on your team against a single remaining scout then yeah, cap it out as it’s unlikely those heavies will find or chase down a light tank. Or if your team has 6 low health tanks left and the enemy team has two full hp tanks left then yeah again, cap it out. When it comes to missions, when I needed to do the cap ones I generally just asked in chat if I could cap it out. I was lucky and my teams generally would oblige and wait to finish off the last tank until the cap timer was less than 5 seconds.

gideon_an #9 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 08:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24519 battles
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
There are very few reasons not to take a win when you have it. Yes you could hunt down that one remaining TD and farm what another 300 HP. However by chasing down that 300 it turned a win into a draw.

I saw an enemy medium comeback from a 4 on 1 with only 2-3 seconds left to cap because some idiot decided no cap kill all. All were killed but it was both arty the heavy and the TD and the Medium left standing. Though as a plus that Medium player got his T55a he wasn't expecting.

I_QQ_4_U #10 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 09:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 19774 battles

Wish I had the replay of a game I lost because the last guy left on our team, who was full health sat beside the enemy cap in a bush until the timer ran out. I asked him after the game why he did what he did since there was only one red tank left and it had less than 100HP left and he said he was waiting for him to come back. It was an assault game.

If it wasn't that I had had an excellent game and the first of the day on a 5X weekend I would have just laughed at it.

Fartnado #11 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 09:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3112 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7
Cap all the maps!!  If you can't kill everyone before it gets capped it says more about you.

RoyalGreenPC #12 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 10:02

Captain

• Players
  • 21011 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Just move on to the next game mate. It's a silly video game in the end, it doesn't matter.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 10:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 26450 battles

Been seeing this sort of unaware level of behavior ALL NIGHT.

Yes, it is frustrating to watch seven of ten teams perform the Lemming Stop.  I'd call it a Lemming Rush, except they ALL STOP and cluster like fish in a barrel on one spot of the map while the other side of the map runs in to flank them unopposed.  Slaughter, I think, is what that's called.

I have been witness to some very, very unconscious behavior today.  What can you do, though?

You just keep on plugging away, doing your best and hoping that the occasional ping, comment and example you set will "light a candle" in one or two of your team mates and do your best.

Sorry it's this way and sorry it was 'your turn' to have that guy (or guys) on your team.  This was one of my worst days in terms of winning.  I did a lot of "Pulling My Weight" games in Non-Carry type units and have watched several 11 - 7 advantages end in 0 - 5 losses.  They are head scratchers, although on the plus side, I'm scratching my head in wonder and not due to fleas, so there's that.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

GeorgePreddy #14 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 12:07

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

Is only game... y u hef 2 b med ????

Knagar #15 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 12:15

Captain

• Players
  • 21408 battles
A win is a win is a win in my books. Sure you'll get more exp for killing all, but you get a heck of a lot less if you lose.

Tolos #16 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 12:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostFartnado, on Feb 11 2019 - 08:21, said:

Cap all the maps!!  If you can't kill everyone before it gets capped it says more about you.

Rushing to the cap in the hope you can cap it and the enemy is too stupid to kill you as you sit doing nothing. That says more about YOU to be honest.

DarkSkoll #17 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 15:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49085 battles
Typical "Must kill all tanks. Never cap" mentality.

Goat_Rodeo #18 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 16:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13943 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Just remember, at any one time, I'd conservatively say that 1 in 5 players have a smouldering bong within arms reach, have itchy watery eyes, and an intense craving for CoolRanch Doritos....

Fun Fact. This observation serves in pretty much any aspect of life's daily interactions, and allows me to move on with my day slowly shaking my head.   

3nr0n #19 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 17:22

Captain

• Players
  • 20088 battles
  • [AP-CR] AP-CR

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Feb 11 2019 - 09:18, said:

Just remember, at any one time, I'd conservatively say that 1 in 5 players have a smouldering bong within arms reach, have itchy watery eyes, and an intense craving for CoolRanch Doritos....

Fun Fact. This observation serves in pretty much any aspect of life's daily interactions, and allows me to move on with my day slowly shaking my head.   

Lol I thought the munchie of choice was chocolate chip cookies n milk

jeb2 #20 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 17:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45005 battles
  • [HU] HU
Had a game where three were on the cap and at literally the LAST SECOND one got off to ... I do not know what, and we lost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users