Jump to content


Is It Time For The Music Industry To Implement Mandatory Drug Testing


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

GseriesARFCOM #1 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 16:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 9009 battles
  • 4,557
  • [TROLU] TROLU
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012
As a condition for recording contracts? I believe it is way past due. The recording industry certainly has a financial reason to do so. Other entertainment industries such as sports and professional wrestling have done so for years. Imagine how many famous musicians might be alive and still producing epic music if mandatory drug testing was already an industry practice.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 16:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37177 battles
  • 9,885
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

omg it's back



NiteDog #3 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 16:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 29459 battles
  • 7,016
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    08-09-2011
No, and like most of your threads, they are absurd, entertaining, and missed. Good to see you back in good form Gseries. 

Dockmaster #4 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 16:50

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44221 battles
  • 5,938
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

You would deny musicians their creativity inducers?

 

Would the likes of Lou Reed, Keith Richards, Ozzy Osborne and a host of others be as successful straight? I doubt it.

 

People look up to sports figures and professional wrestlers (Bit of a stretch on the latter) but we like to look down on our recording artists.



3nr0n #5 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 17:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22218 battles
  • 1,220
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

NO, the use of drugs has inspired many songs and helped the musicians in the creation of the music and groups ability to play the songs to the masses.

 

 



heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 17:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 71488 battles
  • 21,005
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

G you've been absent too long you need to run a training academy because we have a bunch of noobs that think they know how to angle, but they can't even hit the water.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



GseriesARFCOM #7 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 17:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 9009 battles
  • 4,557
  • [TROLU] TROLU
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012

View PostDockmaster, on Feb 11 2019 - 07:50, said:

You would deny musicians their creativity inducers?

 

Would the likes of Lou Reed, Keith Richards, Ozzy Osborne and a host of others be as successful straight? I doubt it.

 

People look up to sports figures and professional wrestlers (Bit of a stretch on the latter) but we like to look down on our recording artists.

 

I hear that alot but if you take me for example, my art has gotten better since I stopped drinking 9 years ago. If we rail against Lance Armstrong for using drugs to enhance his performance arent we being inconsistent when we say its ok for musicians to use drugs to enhance performance?

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 17:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 71488 battles
  • 21,005
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Feb 11 2019 - 11:36, said:

 

I hear that alot but if you take me for example, my art has gotten better since I stopped drinking 9 years ago. If we rail against Lance Armstrong for using drugs to enhance his performance arent we being inconsistent when we say its ok for musicians to use drugs to enhance performance?

 

If they were worried about enhanced performance most of today's popular artists would be canned because of auto tune.  But you have a point about many of them being taken too young from drugs and alcohol.

 



GseriesARFCOM #9 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 17:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 9009 battles
  • 4,557
  • [TROLU] TROLU
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012
I can't believe Im getting so much push back on this issue. From what Im hearing you guys are basically saying that you are willing to trade piles of dead musicians stacked like cordwood for the sake of slightly better music. Thats Not a fan man, thats Not a fan!

DUKE_AUTY #10 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 19:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39294 battles
  • 1,780
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012

Big G;

If you ever hear me play the keys you'll want what I'm smoking.

 

Seriously, drugs have been a part of the music scene since forever.

 

Sadly, many talented people have gone down in flames way too early.

 

 



Klaatu_Nicto #11 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 20:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 44041 battles
  • 10,453
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012
Forget the drug testing. What we need is mandatory 'millennial whoop' testing on every song.

tod914 #12 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 03:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 64237 battles
  • 6,294
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
The musician friends I know from growing up would pass that test in flying colors.  As long as the exam is multiple choice.

Edited by tod914, Feb 12 2019 - 03:29.


Klaatu_Nicto #13 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 04:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 44041 battles
  • 10,453
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012


RenamedUser_1005017780 #14 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 03:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11029 battles
  • 128
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
Based on your profile pic, if you resemble that person in any way, perhaps it is time to regulate the sell and consumption of any food with high fructose corn syrup.

Powerwise #15 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 04:08

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 12861 battles
  • 541
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Feb 11 2019 - 10:33, said:

As a condition for recording contracts? I believe it is way past due. The recording industry certainly has a financial reason to do so. Other entertainment industries such as sports and professional wrestling have done so for years. Imagine how many famous musicians might be alive and still producing epic music if mandatory drug testing was already an industry practice.

 

Yeah, so we can get down to the Hanson Brothers and NSYNC. 

GseriesARFCOM #16 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 16:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 9009 battles
  • 4,557
  • [TROLU] TROLU
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012

View PostRenamedUser_1005017780, on Feb 12 2019 - 18:43, said:

Based on your profile pic, if you resemble that person in any way, perhaps it is time to regulate the sell and consumption of any food with high fructose corn syrup.

 

Oh fat shaming now are we? Like we meaning you too dont spend 12 hours a day playing WOT while swilling Mt Dew and eating cheetos from a trough. We all cant be world class athletes like Caitlyn Jenner.

GseriesARFCOM #17 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 16:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 9009 battles
  • 4,557
  • [TROLU] TROLU
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012

View PostPowerwise, on Feb 12 2019 - 19:08, said:

 

Yeah, so we can get down to the Hanson Brothers and NSYNC. 

 

Not sure what you mean because both thoses acts consistently sell out of tickets at every venue. To be honest though I was thinking more along the lines of Elton John, Kenny G, and Nickleback.

Klaatu_Nicto #18 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 19:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 44041 battles
  • 10,453
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

80s synth pop returns - Pet Shop Boys new song blasts social media.

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Feb 13 2019 - 19:36.


heavymetal1967 #19 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 01:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 71488 battles
  • 21,005
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Feb 13 2019 - 10:33, said:

 

Not sure what you mean because both thoses acts consistently sell out of tickets at every venue. To be honest though I was thinking more along the lines of Elton John, Kenny G, and Nickleback.

 

C'mon G are you just teasing us by leaving out the obvious?
 



sargev55 #20 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 02:11

    Captain

  • Players
  • 58985 battles
  • 1,446
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012
But what about gangsta rap, they wont have anything to rap about




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users